BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 47 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
your an idiot

I guess the governing bodies in Soccer, Football, Baseball, Hockey and all the other sports are idiots too... You can't win the argument so you call the guy and idiot. Amazing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your an idiot

I guess the governing bodies in Soccer, Football, Baseball, Hockey and all the other sports are idiots too... You can't win the argument so you call the guy and idiot. Amazing.

And to boot...he can't spell either...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys if they are playing within the rules mandated by the governing body of lacrosse then its not cheating. Its that plain and simple. Once lacrosse determines that age based teams are the way to go (which in my opinion they should be) then if a player who is born in a different year plays then its cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your an idiot

I know nothing about soccer so I can't comment

Hockey and Baseball drafts are age based so it makes sense for them to be age based on the youth level

Football colleges recruit players on their high school teams not club teams so it is basically grade based

AAU basketball is grade based not age based

so at the end of the day I think it makes the most sense to figure out what pot of gold at the end of the rainbow you are going for. In lacrosse the pot of gold is a spot on a D1 lacrosse team, they recruit by grade and that is why kids need to play with their grade and not their age.

not sure who the "your an idiot" comment was for but I don't think anybody is an idiot for having an opinion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously miss the point. The university should be concerned that Caputo is ALWAYS representing the University and his actions are accountable.

Stop it. Your son got cut amongst the best competition on the Island. Move on. There is separation between probably the top 5-10. But 11- 60 is on parity. There are kids that made it to Blue Chip that didn't get to pride games. Stop crying that your son got a raw deal.

Does not mean anything that Caputo's kids play on 91. Just Saying.

STOP!

WHY ? This years team should be called Brine Extreme

That's awesome!

... and last year would have been Brine Turtles?... there were a lot more turtles on the North team last year than there are extreme players on the Long Island team this year.

... in my opinion, you are all crazy....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What topic do you feel is the bigger problem preventing truth, justice and the American way in the 2018 lacrosse world?

1 - Nepotism/Favoritism
2 - Reclassification/Holdbacks
3 - Other

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your an idiot

It's "you're am idiot"!

Little ironic I have to point that out to you!

Idiot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your an idiot

Hockey and Baseball drafts are age based so it makes sense for them to be age based on the youth level

Football colleges recruit players on their high school teams not club teams so it is basically grade based

so at the end of the day I think it makes the most sense to figure out what pot of gold at the end of the rainbow you are going for. In lacrosse the pot of gold is a spot on a D1 lacrosse team, they recruit by grade and that is why kids need to play with their grade and not their age.

not sure who the "your an idiot" comment was for but I don't think anybody is an idiot for having an opinion

AAU basketball is done by age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your an idiot

How long before there is a Danny Almonte like incident?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the kid who just has not quite matured educationally/ emotionally & that kids also plays lacrosse. The kid is not holding his own in school. Then what let your kid drown in school so no one calls him a cheater in LAX. There are many parents who chose to hold kids back due to educational issue that play no sports at all, no one cares about them because who are they competing with?

It is cheating if you hold your kid back 8th grade.

If you hold your kid out of kindergarten because he / she is not mature enough, I have no issue. If you hold your kid back in first grade because he/she is not ready to move on academically, I have no issue.

If you hold him/her back in 8th grade, and you are doing so to give him/her an edge athletically, you ARE cheating.But good luck to you nonetheless.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your an idiot

It's "you're am idiot"!

Idiot!

i do think where all is idiots

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most people agree that hold back for a kid with educational difficulties is acceptable and warranted. The school is involved and helps the parents make that decision. Most of those happen in 1st grade or before, very rarely after...

But a hold back going to a private school that your kid needed to test into? Probably not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then you are a worse parent than originally thought and lacrosse is the least of your worries. Those should get off this board and get him the help he needs.

I bet some may be upset and would take issue if the #10 ranked student wanted to be held back a year take all the same course again just so they would get into Stanford. I bet the #1, 2, 3 student may have an issue with it.

I am quite sure the science fairs of the world take issue at a child who may be misrepresenting themselves.

How about the kid who just has not quite matured educationally/ emotionally & that kids also plays lacrosse. The kid is not holding his own in school. Then what let your kid drown in school so no one calls him a cheater in LAX. There are many parents who chose to hold kids back due to educational issue that play no sports at all, no one cares about them because who are they competing with?

If you hold your kid out of kindergarten because he / she is not mature enough, I have no issue. If you hold your kid back in first grade because he/she is not ready to move on academically, I have no issue.

If you hold him/her back in 8th grade, and you are doing so to give him/her an edge athletically, you ARE cheating.But good luck to you nonetheless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your an idiot

It's "you're am idiot"!

Idiot!

I think it is "you are an idiot."

One consonant blew your whole argument!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then you are a worse parent than originally thought and lacrosse is the least of your worries. Those should get off this board and get him the help he needs.

I bet some may be upset and would take issue if the #10 ranked student wanted to be held back a year take all the same course again just so they would get into Stanford. I bet the #1, 2, 3 student may have an issue with it.

I am quite sure the science fairs of the world take issue at a child who may be misrepresenting themselves.

How do I hold my son back in 8th grade? Seems like a no brainer. What is best way to do this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do I hold my son back in 8th grade? Seems like a no brainer. What is best way to do this?

Just fail everything in school! Then .....viola....you are reclassified. No you can play down worry free after summer school!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody agree with this. It's off a Maryland clubs web-site and wasn't sure if it's correct.

Is your son U9, U11, U13 or U15?

2013 - 2014 Season

U15 - Birthdates Sept 1, 1998 - Aug 31 2000

U13 - Birthdates Sept 1, 2000 - Aug 31 2002

U11 - Birthdates Sept 1, 2002 - Aug 31 2004

U9 - Birthdates Sept 1, 2004 - Aug 31 2006

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your an idiot

the below is off the AAU web site so it appears they go by age and have limits to how old you can be while still being allowed to play down

An athlete is eligible to play down a grade provided they meet the requirements
listed in the chart below.

AGE REQUIREMENTS TO PLAY DOWN A GRADE DIVISION

Grade as of Oct. 1st, 2013 Play Down Grade
Birthdate
Requirements
12th Grade 11th Grade born on or after 9/1/1996
11th Grade 10th Grade born on or after 9/1/1997
10th Grade 9th Grade born on or after 9/1/1998
9th Grade 8th Grade born on or after 9/1/1999
8th Grade 7th Grade born on or after9/1/2000
7th Grade 6th Grade born on or after 9/1/2001
6th Grade 5th Grade born on or after 9/1/2002
5th Grade 4th Grade born on or after 9/1/2003
4th Grade 3rd Grade born on or after 9/1/2004
3rd Grade 2nd Grade born on or after 9/1/2005
*Proof of grade and age must be available for review, by an AAU designee
at all AAU sanctioned competitions, if requested. If said information is not
available the team is subject to removal from the competition.*

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody agree with this. It's off a Maryland clubs web-site and wasn't sure if it's correct.

Is your son U9, U11, U13 or U15?

2013 - 2014 Season

U15 - Birthdates Sept 1, 1998 - Aug 31 2000

U13 - Birthdates Sept 1, 2000 - Aug 31 2002

U11 - Birthdates Sept 1, 2002 - Aug 31 2004

U9 - Birthdates Sept 1, 2004 - Aug 31 2006

That is correct and consistent with us lax guidelines. what reason would there be to disagree?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big tournament next week at Rutgers-

Extreme, express, dukes, west coast stars, messa fresh and a few others at Adrenaline.

Lots of colleges to be attending (not sure if any will look at 2018) but this will be a great way to start the season in earnest.

Good luck to all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big tournament next week at Rutgers-

Extreme, express, dukes, west coast stars, messa fresh and a few others at Adrenaline.

Lots of colleges to be attending (not sure if any will look at 2018) but this will be a great way to start the season in earnest.

Good luck to all

Agree! Let's go for a LI finals, it will be a tough battle getting there though!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best middle school lax game yesterday, gelinas vs nessaquake both were undefeated and played like it. very heavily attended by parents all of whom were pleasant to be around.

many terps kids, some team li kids some 91 kids.

In the end gelinas won but those smith-town kids never gave up..

Some really strong players on both teams, great game to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best middle school lax game yesterday, gelinas vs nessaquake both were undefeated and played like it. very heavily attended by parents all of whom were pleasant to be around.

With only 1 ref I was afraid the game was going to get out of hand.. Almost did. Glad the kids kept it together and played their hearts out. Great game, both teams had a lot of talent! Looking forward to see them in High School ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With only 1 ref I was afraid the game was going to get out of hand.. Almost did. Glad the kids kept it together and played their hearts out. Great game, both teams had a lot of talent! Looking forward to see them in High School ball.
what H.S. Teams do these schools feed to ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gelinas to Ward Meville and Nesaquake to Smithtown East

For the Nesaquake 8th graders that was their 1st loss in 2 seasons

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Extreme lost today at the Brine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

then why are they playing in B divisions at tournaments ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please name the tournaments when the 3V or Team Smithtown 8th grade teams played in a B bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok. Team Smithtown East is playing in 8th grade B division in both Forsberg and LI Laxfest. Are they 7th grade team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What makes you think that all the 8th graders at Nesaquake play for team smithtown? The players I know are on Express/91/TLI/etc..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok. Team Smithtown East is playing in 8th grade B division in both Forsberg and LI Laxfest. Are they 7th grade team ?

That's the U13 team, and the U15 team is playing in JV B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What makes you think that all the 8th graders at Nesaquake play for team smithtown? The players I know are on Express/91/TLI/etc..

You are right. Several play both. Same can be said about 7th graders at each school but throw legacy and HDD in as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually they are a u13 team of 6th and 7th graders. Understandable that you would not know that by just reading a schedule.

I think the point by the original poster was that there has been a nice friendly rivalry the past 2seasons between Gelinas and Nesaquake with each team winning one game. Kids on both teams played their hearts out both years. Many quality players on both sides. It will be fun to watch the boys from each team as they move along the next few years in Section XI A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-1-1 for Extreme this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the U13 team, and the U15 team is playing in JV B.

kudos to you guys for playing up. Always a good idea to challenge yourselves as long as the bracket is a bit better then staying in the A bracket of your right grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 terps played yesterday at forsberg.

Beat, Norhtport JV, smith-town JV and some other JV team.

Lost in championship to 2017 outlaws. It was a decent game, but the terps just couldn't match size and strength of outlaw team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost in championship to 2017 outlaws. It was a decent game, but the terps just couldn't match size and strength of outlaw team...

What is 2018 Express North? Is that a combo team or is it the same as terps? Saw them listed at fl$ and Laxfest? No big deal, just wondering...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is 2018 Express North? Is that a combo team or is it the same as terps? Saw them listed at fl$ and Laxfest? No big deal, just wondering...

No idea. Thinking West Chester

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh? 'North'?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Different team - terms are not going to either of those tournaments

Page 36 of 47 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard