BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How'd the Suffolk long island showcases go?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Tryouts still happening, round 2 is Thursday 6/12

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts still happening, round 2 is Thursday 6/12

Thanks. Let's go Suffolk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any idea what teams are doing the nyla this weekend at Farmingdale?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on how first night of under armour tryouts went?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on how first night of under armour tryouts went?

All I can say is LI has some incredible talent. How they can pick just 24 is beyond me. I think they will keep most of the kids they picked last year even though they lost 3/4 games at the showcase. Would love to see some new guys in there!

They will cut the group to 88 around 7pm, then pick from there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely horrible. I'm not crying sour grapes but the fix is definitely in. There was a lot of colleges there so its worth doing but if you want to make it you better know somebody or be from one of the top elite teams. No room for a newcomer. I personally saw kids that did not a thing during the tryout and they were selected. Im sure the college coaches see right through their B/S so again its worth doing just for the exposure. Corrigan gave a speech to justify their terrible biased selection process....I guess I am crying sour grapes........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The long island U/A was OK at best. Pretty much everyone knows its fixed but go anyway for the chance to play in front of the college coaches. If you are not one of the elite names or come from one of the top high schools you have a better chance of hitting lotto. There were players that didnt do much at all but still were picked. I think a few kids picked their own jersey numbers. If you tell me there was no influence there you are crazy. A lot of colleges do watch so that makes it all worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's Wednesday and the schedule for this event is still not out! Disgusting...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The long island U/A was OK at best. Pretty much everyone knows its fixed but go anyway for the chance to play in front of the college coaches. If you are not one of the elite names or come from one of the top high schools you have a better chance of hitting lotto. There were players that didnt do much at all but still were picked. I think a few kids picked their own jersey numbers. If you tell me there was no influence there you are crazy. A lot of colleges do watch so that makes it all worth it.

I thought it was run well. My son made it through to the final cut and he does not have any inside "connections" or play for a well known club. I saw some of the club "favorite" kids get cut who are committed top players. We will see what happens but either way well run for the most part. Was tough being there for 5 hours each day with final exams though!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard it is coming out on Monday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when the under armour final roster will be released?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely horrible. I'm not crying sour grapes but the fix is definitely in. There was a lot of colleges there so its worth doing but if you want to make it you better know somebody or be from one of the top elite teams. No room for a newcomer. I personally saw kids that did not a thing during the tryout and they were selected. Im sure the college coaches see right through their B/S so again its worth doing just for the exposure. Corrigan gave a speech to justify their terrible biased selection process....I guess I am crying sour grapes........

What a SCAM, Lots of Very good kids left out of top 88. Why? because if they are not in it, they can not make team. Look at some kids that made it. ALL contnections to evaluators. How sad that they have to do that and screw kids that deserve it. That's why team again will not preform well. Should have out side guys come in, Not daddies and Club guys just putting there kids through. Under Armor should be ashamed by this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bigger issue is the format. You have 10 minutes to show your stuff so ball possession becomes precious. UA should change the format so players get more time on the field to be evaluated and thus reduce the amount of ball hogging that goes on. The current format misses a lot of good players and advances less talented players who take advantage of their limited time by hogging the ball. Very dissapointing to keep kids out for 6 hours on school nights and not accommplish the desired result.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bigger issue is the format. You have 10 minutes to show your stuff so ball possession becomes precious. UA should change the format so players get more time on the field to be evaluated and thus reduce the amount of ball hogging that goes on. The current format misses a lot of good players and advances less talented players who take advantage of their limited time by hogging the ball. Very dissapointing to keep kids out for 6 hours on school nights and not accommplish the desired result.

The worst is the rewards for selfish play - showcase lacrosse at it's worst. It was a disgusting display of "every shot is a good shot" and if you don't try to run through 3 long poles you are never going to touch the ball again. I saw one kid take a good 7 or 8 shots on the same possession - all misses. Really grotesque butchery of an otherwise great game - but the 10 min field time forces this. There has to be a better way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The worst is the rewards for selfish play - showcase lacrosse at it's worst. It was a disgusting display of "every shot is a good shot" and if you don't try to run through 3 long poles you are never going to touch the ball again. I saw one kid take a good 7 or 8 shots on the same possession - all misses. Really grotesque butchery of an otherwise great game - but the 10 min field time forces this. There has to be a better way.

You must be referring to the kid in the Top 88 game. At least the evaluators recognized how selfish he was and he did not advance to the next round. College coaches in attendance must have been disgusted by the type of lacrosse they witnessed and shocked at some of the players who were selected to the Top 88. Corrigan sports certainly lost a lot of credibility and is going to have to address the way they conduct future LI tryouts. For a second last night, I thought I was at the Brine tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently UA do the tryouts differently in other regions - fewer teams and longer games. That makes sense. Twenty minute game time with 10 mins per only lends itself to problematic play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best kids make the team, stop whining and go out and practice some more!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop kidding yourself. No they all dont

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So says the Express dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

get a grip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So says the Express dad.

Who probably sold his own kidneys to get that kid on the team. Lol. Never ends...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So says the Express dad.

Actually most if not all of the top Express and 91 boys were cut before the top 88. Get your facts strait before you shoot your mouth off. Get over it and stop tying to look for blame as to why your kid did not make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when do they post the results of this FAIRLY PICKED NON POLITICAL team??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right after the payoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been waiting all day, website says within 48 hrs, which is now past?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone receive an email invitation yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why was Mike Gongas evaluating players for Under Armour when he is banned from coaching X1. Seems strange and unethical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how does arciri NOT make under armour team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why was Mike Gongas evaluating players for Under Armour when he is banned from coaching X1. Seems strange and unethical

He also pushed Team Li Kids through to 88 and Kept some top kids out. Also how about attack man's dad for Bay point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They really need to bring evaluators in from a different region to have a valid tryout. Kind of like teachers not being able to grade their own students papers anymore for state assessments. The whole evaluation system is broken and unfair. Not to say that many very deserving kids made the team, but there are some names that you just scratch your head ???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He also pushed Team Li Kids through to 88 and Kept some top kids out. Also how about attack man's dad for Bay point?

How was Walt Whitman goalie not in 88 but Comsewogue was- OH That's right Mike gongas and SN is the coach, How disgusting that this can happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw the schedule on the website Wednesday night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because most of the evaluators that were asked to do it have jobs and could not get there on time. Why would someone be an evaluator when you have to sit in traffic for 1.5 hours just to get there All you get is a t-shirt (no money) and then get out of there at 11pm to drive an hour home when they make $$$ out on the deal. Gongas lives near by and had an agenda.

He is the only summer coach on LI to ever get sued by a family and you can actually watch it because he went on "people court" and he lost. Sad TV puts 20 lbs on you. He would not let them use his name or team. Funny stuff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Comsewogue goalie is great! Easy dad!

How was Walt Whitman goalie not in 88 but Comsewogue was- OH That's right Mike gongas and SN is the coach, How disgusting that this can happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looked thru the bios of some of the underclassmen. 2017 roster has kids born in 1997. Wow. Will be 20 years old when graduating from HS.

What a load of nonsense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because most of the evaluators that were asked to do it have jobs and could not get there on time. Why would someone be an evaluator when you have to sit in traffic for 1.5 hours just to get there All you get is a t-shirt (no money) and then get out of there at 11pm to drive an hour home when they make $$$ out on the deal. Gongas lives near by and had an agenda.

He is the only summer coach on LI to ever get sued by a family and you can actually watch it because he went on "people court" and he lost. Sad TV puts 20 lbs on you. He would not let them use his name or team. Funny stuff

Why in the world can't an organization like Corrigan who charges these kids 165$ to try out, not be able to make it worth the while to bring in evaluators from other regions?? They should be compensated for their travel expenses and time. At the current tryout fee this should not be a problem, unless Corrigan is that greedy, and not really concerned with providing fair evals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw the schedule on the website Wednesday night.

That's a LIE the schedule was just posted yesterday around 11:00am

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why in the world can't an organization like Corrigan who charges these kids 165$ to try out, not be able to make it worth the while to bring in evaluators from other regions?? They should be compensated for their travel expenses and time. At the current tryout fee this should not be a problem, unless Corrigan is that greedy, and not really concerned with providing fair evals.

ABSOULUTE SCAM - Should be a law suit all should ask for refunds

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year there were two F/O kids taken. This year only one (very deserving). I find it interesting that the other kid was taken as a Middie even though he tried out for the F/O position but should not have made it in that position based on his performance.
Every other Boys Roster has two F/O positions listed. What?

Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard