BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,644
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 102 of 220 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
at national draw she takes her main competition and puts them all in same bracket or 2.. so only 1 or 2 teams can come out.. and she might throw one of her not to good YJ teams in there also. this way she has an easy in to playoffs for her select team and her competition have to beat each other up to get in.

happens every year.

Please name the age group this happened in last year, I still have the print out of the schedule so let's see if you crazy nut job CR conspiracy people have any idea what you are talking about , you can eliminate the 2019, 2020 age groups as they were in the same pool and played the same exact teams as each other.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why do you all assume its CR changing the schedule , maybe it's SS , maybe it's the tournament director not wanting the insane TG YJ parents acting like A-holes. I will tell you this I have heard things from my fellow TG parents about YJ avoiding games that I know are BS . I was involved in getting YJ 2016 to play TG 2016 and it was much harder to get BS to allow the game than anyone on YJ side.

that is so untrue.

What is untrue about it ,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious , do the coaches not play the committed kids as much as they would normally ? Also I have heard people bash committed kids for not showing up at these showcase tournaments then I have heard others bash coaches for playing the committed kids.Do these games at showcase tournaments have as much weight as championship tournaments. I have watched YJ play TG at some showcase tournaments and can tell you without question both teams are trying to win the games .
Its always nice for the committed kids to come to showcase tournaments bc it makes the others look good...however more then most the committed kids get played bc a coach will forget why they are actually there. YJ doesnt allow committed players to go to showcse tournaments

Most of TG 2015 on black and purple are verbally committed

Website lists about 30/45. Not impressive. Purple is just a low level team. Not sure why anyone would play TG purple.

30/45 is most of both teams, as the previous poster said. You sound like someone who got cut from black, and went to YJ's 4th team. Now you're on here, putting down purple. If you really don't understand why girls would play on TG purple, you're completely clueless. Just an overall dumb post you made...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious , do the coaches not play the committed kids as much as they would normally ? Also I have heard people bash committed kids for not showing up at these showcase tournaments then I have heard others bash coaches for playing the committed kids.Do these games at showcase tournaments have as much weight as championship tournaments. I have watched YJ play TG at some showcase tournaments and can tell you without question both teams are trying to win the games .
Its always nice for the committed kids to come to showcase tournaments bc it makes the others look good...however more then most the committed kids get played bc a coach will forget why they are actually there. YJ doesnt allow committed players to go to showcse tournaments

Website lists about 30/45. Not impressive. Purple is just a low level team. Not sure why anyone would play TG purple.

That 30/45 scholarships that your YJ girls didn't get

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
at national draw she takes her main competition and puts them all in same bracket or 2.. so only 1 or 2 teams can come out.. and she might throw one of her not to good YJ teams in there also. this way she has an easy in to playoffs for her select team and her competition have to beat each other up to get in.

happens every year.

Please name the age group this happened in last year, I still have the print out of the schedule so let's see if you crazy nut job CR conspiracy people have any idea what you are talking about , you can eliminate the 2019, 2020 age groups as they were in the same pool and played the same exact teams as each other.

You would have to have the original schedules, not just the ones in effect on game day.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

happens every year.

You would have to have the original schedules, not just the ones in effect on game day.

Actually I would not reread the post I was responding to, says nothing about changing schedules but really says that CR makes up the schedules for the entire tournament controlling who other clubs play and she sets it up to knock off the competition which seems ridiculous to me. Then again all the conspiracy stuff is silly , I can give you examples when scheduling seemed clearly biased against YJ teams when its probably just the way it worked out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That 30/45 scholarships that your YJ girls didn't get

Every verbal doesn't come with money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

happens every year.

In my daughters year, CR ensured that TG and M and D Black were in the in the same part of the draw so that those two would play each other in the semi's while she had an easy path with her 2018 team to the finals

take a look and you are sadly mistaken if you don't think this is the case If I was a tourney director and she was bringing 20 plus teams, I would be accomodating!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

happens every year.

In my daughters year, CR ensured that TG and M and D Black were in the in the same part of the draw so that those two would play each other in the semi's while she had an easy path with her 2018 team to the finals

take a look and you are sadly mistaken if you don't think this is the case If I was a tourney director and she was bringing 20 plus teams, I would be accomodating!

You really are pathetic , if that is the case then why did she have her team placed in same pool as TG the year before, or have her 2019 and 2020 teams placed in same pool as TG and MD last year. Two years ago all the best teams TG 2016 , MD 2016, YJ 2016, YJ 2017, suffolk allstars2016, were all on the same side of the bracket leaving 2017MD an easy path to finals , was this CR also, get a clue.If you really believe CR controls the schedules and is out to screw TG than SS is complete fool for going back every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

happens every year.

You really are pathetic , if that is the case then why did she have her team placed in same pool as TG the year before, or have her 2019 and 2020 teams placed in same pool as TG and MD last year. Two years ago all the best teams TG 2016 , MD 2016, YJ 2016, YJ 2017, suffolk allstars2016, were all on the same side of the bracket leaving 2017MD an easy path to finals , was this CR also, get a clue.If you really believe CR controls the schedules and is out to screw TG than SS is complete fool for going back every year.

Nobody cares please go away both of you this is such a non issue.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

happens every year.

That's unfortunate. It's my understanding that no TG team has never beaten an M&D Black team at any grad year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG has only been around for five years. In that time frame they have accomplished more than any other start up club on Long Island has been able to. It appears that they have you so concerned that you monitor every age group's wins and losses. To me it sounds like you need to justify your decision to play YJ. I wish you and your daughter nothing but success in life. Please be happy with your decision that you made and stop comparing tg&yj . It will free up plenty of time for you to worry about more important stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns 2017 Plays YJ 2017 this weekend. Should be a good game!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

happens every year.

That's unfortunate. It's my understanding that no TG team has never beaten an M&D Black team at any grad year.
Its a multi million dollar business and if she doesn't win consistently people will go elsewhere. She definitely flexes to manipulate divisions but she CAN!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again give us an actual example where this happened, have seen it first hand YJ parent requested of BS to play TG black not purple last year w the blessing of tournament director and CR . Getting BS to allow was next to impossible .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again give us an actual example where this happened, have seen it first hand YJ parent requested of BS to play TG black not purple last year w the blessing of tournament director and CR . Getting BS to allow was next to impossible .

They did, Nat draw three games last year. Who the [lacrosse] cares, let it go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

National Draw is where she has had the most control. A lot of it has to do with her personal relationship with Cathy Samaras who runs National Draw. It has happened for many years. CR and CS are "two peas in a pod" with each other. So blatant!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why you TG parents are such douchebags and kids on the younger teams are fleeing in drives. What three games are you babbling about and when you say who cares and take the time to post about it you obviously are being a self righteous moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

National Draw is where she has had the most control. A lot of it has to do with her personal relationship with Cathy Samaras who runs National Draw. It has happened for many years. CR and CS are "two peas in a pod" with each other. So blatant!!

Again how about an actual example, last year younger teams YJ and TG played same schedule , which age group ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG has only been around for five years. In that time frame they have accomplished more than any other start up club on Long Island has been able to. It appears that they have you so concerned that you monitor every age group's wins and losses. To me it sounds like you need to justify your decision to play YJ. I wish you and your daughter nothing but success in life. Please be happy with your decision that you made and stop comparing tg&yj . It will free up plenty of time for you to worry about more important stuff.

Great post! All these comparisons, and bashing, are crazy, and a complete waste of time. Some people really have way too much free time on their hands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why you TG parents are such douchebags and kids on the younger teams are fleeing in drives. What three games are you babbling about and when you say who cares and take the time to post about it you obviously are being a self righteous moron.

You're a [lacrosse]. Get a life, loser! So glad you're not with Top Guns!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I agree all these YJ, TG comparisons are a waste of time saying CR controls the schedules at all these tournaments so her top teams do not play the best competition is ignorant. I know when they get to recruiting age the college coaches want to see the best play the best and that is what usually happens. Not sure of the exact number but I believe YJ and TG 2016 played around 3-4 times last summer which compared to zero times the year before is not bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I agree all these YJ, TG comparisons are a waste of time saying CR controls the schedules at all these tournaments so her top teams do not play the best competition is ignorant. I know when they get to recruiting age the college coaches want to see the best play the best and that is what usually happens. Not sure of the exact number but I believe YJ and TG 2016 played around 3-4 times last summer which compared to zero times the year before is not bad.

I agree, and I'm a TG parent. Glad you agree about the comparisons and bashing. Time to move on to something else - hopefully something positive, but I know that's asking for a lot here!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the coaches could care less who wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would like to have the Girls Play MD, YJ, Heroes, Sky Walker Captial Blue, etc(and I know there are others) all the time no matter what type of Tournament format. Best way to get the Girls noticed. (TG 2016 Parent)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a great point. All this hype, and nonsense about who beat who, and it really doesn't mean a thing to the college coaches anyway. Even most of the girls don't remember - just the crazy parents!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares lets play lacrosse, let the girls have fun. summer is starting its been a real long cold winter. lets have some boat drinks and watch our girls play and try to enjoy each others company. Maybe we can even sit and stand next to each other with out comparing each kid to each other and talk about something other than lacrosse. We should start practicing this because it all will end eventually and won't have anything to say, except to compare prescriptions we are taking and who takes more.
hope everyone has a great season and has some fun we spend way to much money to be unhappy.
good luck to all smile
happy go lucky
nc of tg21bl

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While they are looking at individual players I thought it funny that many college coaches did take note and knew which teams beat who.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]

While they are looking at individual players I thought it funny that many college coaches did take note and knew which teams beat who.[/quote]

I just finished the recruiting process with my daughter and not once did the college coaches ever ask or comment on who won or lost any game my daughter played in. Many times they commented on my daughters heart and hustle but never a hint of wins or losses. I asked one of the coaches and they said they are more interested in how the parents act on the sidelines!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]

While they are looking at individual players I thought it funny that many college coaches did take note and knew which teams beat who.

I just finished the recruiting process with my daughter and not once did the college coaches ever ask or comment on who won or lost any game my daughter played in. Many times they commented on my daughters heart and hustle but never a hint of wins or losses. I asked one of the coaches and they said they are more interested in how the parents act on the sidelines! [/quote]

With that said, it is amazing that any kid from LI ever gets recruited, YJ and TG parents are both embarrassments on the sidelines. So obviously many coaches are willing to look past this parent issue, because a huge percentage of the girls are playing in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great advice and spirit! Enjoy the summer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great showing at the 2020 black practice this week. Seemed only about half the girls were there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great showing at the 2020 black practice this week. Seemed only about half the girls were there.

The girls from this team and some of the 2021 black went to a tournament this weekend. Looks like they forgot to ask the other half of the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girls from this team and some of the 2021 black went to a tournament this weekend. Looks like they forgot to ask the other half of the team.

They did not forget just probably did not want to deal w a bunch of ball hogs, bring 24 kids to a tournament which is ridiculous, interact with parents that bash them on boc constantly. Maybe they just wanted to play with kids who they are friends with regardless of what club or town they are from. I would not worry about it your complaining to BS will make it impossible to ever do it again as he will now tell all of you what events you are allowed to attend even if it has nothing to do with TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is on 2020 black and wasn't asked to play and to be honest I could care less! It was the last practice before the 1st tournament and my daughter was practicing with her TG team, right where she should have been. So please do not assume all of us really care where the other half of the team was, we don't!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is on 2020 black and wasn't asked to play and to be honest I could care less! It was the last practice before the 1st tournament and my daughter was practicing with her TG team, right where she should have been. So please do not assume all of us really care where the other half of the team was, we don't!

When you say "right where she should have been" its obvious you care and feel the other kids also should have been there. The competition at the first tournament is a joke, so being at the "last practice" vs playing against the best teams out there is an easy choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weather is supposed to be wonderful this weekend. Lets have a nice weekend and enjoy the girls playing. First year for the 2021 age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, I said where MY daughter should be! Where your daughter was has NO impact on me or my daughter. My point to the original post was that they should not assume that we all care where the girls were! Every parent makes the choic they feel is right for their own kid!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you say "right where she should have been" its obvious you care and feel the other kids also should have been there. The competition at the first tournament is a joke, so being at the "last practice" vs playing against the best teams out there is an easy choice.

I don't have a daughter here so call me a troll if you like, but I read this as she didn't care her daughter wasn't asked, but does care that many girls missed a practice.

It is shameful you choose to skip practice before a tournament. Regardless if you think the tournament is a weak one. Do you really know the teams your playing, how do you know they are weak? I guess some top girls on Li didn't just come out to play travel this year and scared you. Same could have happened elsewhere NJ MD PA wherever.

You all heard the saying "You play like you practice" so if you missed a practice don't be surprise if you miss the finals.

Have a safe trip you got a great day to drive. Enjoy your time in the car with your daughters. Someitmes these are great bonding times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at schedules just goes to show you that you people are all such a bunch of blowhards, what will your excuse be this year ?

Like Reply Quote
Page 102 of 220 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard