BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 47 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Terps playing up in JV A this weekend at Forsberg...Last weekend they beat Darien CT team by a few after five quarters.

Look good so far this year.

Let's face it, this is the last year for this team ranking stuff, byt the end of the season all will be worried about recruiting...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Change of topic-

How did all the middle schools in Suffolk and Nassau do this year? Most of the programs (some exceptions) don't bring up 8th graders so we should have some indication of which schools will be strong in HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way Outlaws Black 2018 wins this weekend. Will lose by at least 4 to LIE Wolverines if they get by Tribe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No way Outlaws Black 2018 wins this weekend. Will lose by at least 4 to LIE Wolverines if they get by Tribe.

Has LIE Wolves even started practicing yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about in the A bracket they have a weak B team in there. I feel bad for that team and other teams playing them. All teams want a good game not blow outs!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That NJ team was put together to come play in the tournament. Of course they would grab the better players from multiple teams. They wanted to beat Extreme very badly. They lost when it counted in the finals. That showed that a team that plays together and has a strong nucleus like Extreme will beat a team that was put together on very short notice without practicing together. My son is friends with a number of boys that played on that NJ team and that's what they told him.

If 3 A teams is what makes an A tournament then I guess its an A tournament. In my opinion you need to play all A teams in a tournament to be consider an A tournament. In some tournaments there are weaker teams and when you play them you can play the kids that see little time in tight games and rest your better players. Allowing them to be ready to play 85% of the time vs another A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about in the A bracket they have a weak B team in there. I feel bad for that team and other teams playing them. All teams want a good game not blow outs!!!

You can say it! True Blue in trouble!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Already 2 practices in...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can say it! True Blue in trouble!

It is not fair to true blue or the other teams looking to play competitive games!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid not on OL. Unless wolves seriously upgraded, heard they lost key pole/lsm to fl$, they will have their hands full with OL Black. That team is BIG and FAST. Should be a battle.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid not on OL. Unless wolves seriously upgraded, heard they lost key pole/lsm to fl$, they will have their hands full with OL Black. That team is BIG and FAST. Should be a battle.

Won't even be a game. Solid A team. Just because you have not seen them does not mean they are not good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is the weak team you are referring to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be some good lax at this age group at the Brine this weekend. I predict a Crabs vs Extreme final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, can you tell us what horse is going to win the Belmont and by how much? As far as I know, the Wolverines have not played a game since November and only just started practicing within the past week and you have them beating a very solid team that has been playing all winter and spring by at least 4?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Wolverines' bigger loss was their fogo to the Outlaws Black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, can you tell us what horse is going to win the Belmont and by how much? As far as I know, the Wolverines have not played a game since November and only just started practicing within the past week and you have them beating a very solid team that has been playing all winter and spring by at least 4?

Medal count at Belmont. 20 to 1. Bet it all.
And Absolutely 4 goal spread on champioship game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well there you go then!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Black barely beat the Express C team at Blaitant this spring. Let's talk about their greatness on Monday...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Wolverines just started practicing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Black barely beat the Express C team at Blaitant this spring. Let's talk about their greatness on Monday...

And Extreme barely got by Jesters Black at Shamrock... So what does any of this mean? It means that these teams are getting a little closer than you think. The top two are still the best, no question, but if they have an off day some of these other teams can play them very close. The top two teams just have more depth. However, the starters of the top five or six teams are a lot closer talent wise than many of the parents on the top two teams might want to admit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Extreme
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters Black
Outlaws Black
Vipers
fl$
TLI Red
Carnage
Tomahawks
Outlaws Silver

Everyone else has to play and play "recently". Anyone who argues with this has not been on the fields from Shamrock to the OBLL to the JDRF. So go playyour way in.

But the Terps and Extreme didn't play in any of the tournaments? did they? why do they get an automatic.. FEAR!

Fear of what. Give credit where credit is due. Extreme a 2018 team just beat Jesters 2017, Outlaws 2017 and I don't know how they did vs True Blue 2017 in JDRF. They have also played many other top teams so far this Spring. Terps have also played some of the Best Teams like Dukes and Crabs and many others so far this season and done very well. When whatever teams you consider an A teams beats them then they can claim to be the top dogs in 2018. As of right now Extreme and Terps are.

Seeing how many of Extreme's players should be 2017's, I wouldn't be spouting off too much... Please don't say it's not true, and don't worry I won't lower myself to listing them here. Not their fault they were held back. The fact is, put those kids on the 91 2017 team where they belong and it makes an Extreme difference... Sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. They do nothing November through May.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. They do nothing November through May.

wow that is not good for those boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Extreme
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters Black
Outlaws Black
Vipers
fl$
TLI Red
Carnage
Tomahawks
Outlaws Silver

Everyone else has to play and play "recently". Anyone who argues with this has not been on the fields from Shamrock to the OBLL to the JDRF. So go playyour way in.

But the Terps and Extreme didn't play in any of the tournaments? did they? why do they get an automatic.. FEAR!

Fear of what. Give credit where credit is due. Extreme a 2018 team just beat Jesters 2017, Outlaws 2017 and I don't know how they did vs True Blue 2017 in JDRF. They have also played many other top teams so far this Spring. Terps have also played some of the Best Teams like Dukes and Crabs and many others so far this season and done very well. When whatever teams you consider an A teams beats them then they can claim to be the top dogs in 2018. As of right now Extreme and Terps are.

Seeing how many of Extreme's players should be 2017's, I wouldn't be spouting off too much... Please don't say it's not true, and don't worry I won't lower myself to listing them here. Not their fault they were held back. The fact is, put those kids on the 91 2017 team where they belong and it makes an Extreme difference... Sorry.

All the good teams cheat and everyone gets screwed by a ref. Stop it. They are a grade based team and 100% eligible. Start blaming somebody who can make a difference and just go by age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously miss the point. The university should be concerned that Caputo is ALWAYS representing the University and his actions are accountable.

Stop it. Your son got cut amongst the best competition on the Island. Move on. There is separation between probably the top 5-10. But 11- 60 is on parity. There are kids that made it to Blue Chip that didn't get to pride games. Stop crying that your son got a raw deal.

Does not mean anything that Caputo's kids play on 91. Just Saying.

STOP!

WHY ? This years team should be called Brine Extreme

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I w i l l t y p e s l o w s o y o u u n d e r s t a n d

A p l a y e r b o r n i n 1 9 9 9 o r 1 9 9 8 o r 2 0 0 0 t h a t i s s c h e d u l e d t o g r a d u a t e h i g h s c h o o l i n 2 0 1 8 i s a l e g a l 2 0 1 8 p l a y e r ......n o d i f f e r e n t i f h e i s t a l l e r f a s t e r o r b e t t e r s k i l l e d, i f h e i s g r a d u a t i n g i n 2 0 1 8 h e i s a 2 0 1 8

just to be clear, my son was born in 2000 and is a 2018 and plays for Express not 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A p l a y e r b o r n i n 1 9 9 9 o r 1 9 9 8 o r 2 0 0 0 t h a t i s s c h e d u l e d t o g r a d u a t e h i g h s c h o o l i n 2 0 1 8 i s a l e g a l 2 0 1 8 p l a y e r ......n o d i f f e r e n t i f h e i s t a l l e r f a s t e r o r b e t t e r s k i l l e d, i f h e i s g r a d u a t i n g i n 2 0 1 8 h e i s a 2 0 1 8

just to be clear, my son was born in 2000 and is a 2018 and plays for Express not 91.

Thanks for slowing down. So you think people who were born in 1998 belong in 2018? Might not be illegal but certainly is not where they belong. People born in three different years shouldn't be in same grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree that the system allows for the cheaters to cheat and hold their kids back...It goes on in Maryland and Phili all the time. There was a big article about the practice a few weeks back.

Sounds like the LI crew is starting to catch on and chase that D-1 spot...

Cant even imagine telling mine-age appropriate 2018 born in 2000 (with straight As in honors classes in competitive public school) that I thought it would be a good idea to repeat a grade...

Let the cheaters cheat, it will catch up to them eventually.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for slowing down. So you think people who were born in 1998 belong in 2018? Might not be illegal but certainly is not where they belong. People born in three different years shouldn't be in same grade.

yes, I think that any kid that is graduating in 2018 should play on a 2018 team, there were 8th and 9th graders playing varsity lacrosse this year across long island - that is a 5 or potentially 6 year age difference and I doubt that they were complaining about the age difference. they just played

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree that the system allows for the cheaters to cheat and hold their kids back...It goes on in Maryland and Phili all the time. There was a big article about the practice a few weeks back.

Cant even imagine telling mine-age appropriate 2018 born in 2000 (with straight As in honors classes in competitive public school) that I thought it would be a good idea to repeat a grade...

it is not cheating, it is playing with and against kids in your graduating year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is cheating if you hold your kid back 8th grade.

If you hold your kid out of kindergarten because he / she is not mature enough, I have no issue. If you hold your kid back in first grade because he/she is not ready to move on academically, I have no issue.

If you hold him/her back in 8th grade, and you are doing so to give him/her an edge athletically, you ARE cheating.But good luck to you nonetheless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, I think that any kid that is graduating in 2018 should play on a 2018 team, there were 8th and 9th graders playing varsity lacrosse this year across long island - that is a 5 or potentially 6 year age difference and I doubt that they were complaining about the age difference. they just played

I have not verified but when spring of 2018 rolls around, those 1998 birth years will not be eligilbe to play on their HS teams. A few years ago one of the HS football teams had to forfeit games due to a 2x holdback being on the roster. The universities may not care, but the HS athletic associations do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When?

I think the advantages parents are providing their kids via holdbacks sometimes pan out to help the kid get into a top university they may not of otherwise qualified for.

If you look at Ivy, JHU, Duke, UVA, UNC etc... rosters you will find many players who would not have made the school without lacrosse

Many of those players would not of earned a lacrosse spot without the competitive advantages of a holdback

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were 17 but they did not complain once!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it is not cheating, it is playing with and against kids in your graduating year

If you stay down for sports it is. So it is OK to be a 15 year old 8th grader playing with a 13 year old because their parents thought this was a good idea? "Cheating" when there are no rules is a very grey area. Whatcever helps you feel better!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really love hearing the justifications of why it's "OK" that you're gaming the system at others expense. I.E. Cheating. Do you ever ask yourself why there are rules in other sports that forbid this, football, hockey, soccer, baseball, etc.
It's also comical how you folks even try to take the moral high ground, like your doing the rest of the kids a favor by having them play up against your kid who's playing down.
For the moron that use's the analogy "plenty of 8th and 9th graders played up on JV or Varsity and they didn't complain" to justify his actions.
Try hard to comprehend here, when an 8th or 9th grader makes a decision to play JV or Varsity they are doing it because they want to. Get it? The player made the choice to play up. In your world, YOU make the choice for all the kids that want to play on age for them, and force them to play up against your kid who plays down. You can call it whining, or whatever you want. It's just not right and everyone knows it.
Personally, my son is on age and physically mature for his age, he can handle your hold back anytime he needs to. However, many kids cannot. You and your kind, like your friends in MD and PA are a stain on this sport. As I have said many times before, the only way this stops is if US Lacrosse steps up and demands proof of age for any tournament or showcase they insure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously miss the point. The university should be concerned that Caputo is ALWAYS representing the University and his actions are accountable.

Stop it. Your son got cut amongst the best competition on the Island. Move on. There is separation between probably the top 5-10. But 11- 60 is on parity. There are kids that made it to Blue Chip that didn't get to pride games. Stop crying that your son got a raw deal.

Does not mean anything that Caputo's kids play on 91. Just Saying.

STOP!

WHY ? This years team should be called Brine Extreme

That's awesome!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really love hearing the justifications of why it's "OK" that you're gaming the system at others expense. I.E. Cheating. Do you ever ask yourself why there are rules in other sports that forbid this, football, hockey, soccer, baseball, etc.
It's also comical how you folks even try to take the moral high ground, like your doing the rest of the kids a favor by having them play up against your kid who's playing down.
For the moron that use's the analogy "plenty of 8th and 9th graders played up on JV or Varsity and they didn't complain" to justify his actions.
Try hard to comprehend here, when an 8th or 9th grader makes a decision to play JV or Varsity they are doing it because they want to. Get it? The player made the choice to play up. In your world, YOU make the choice for all the kids that want to play on age for them, and force them to play up against your kid who plays down. You can call it whining, or whatever you want. It's just not right and everyone knows it.
Personally, my son is on age and physically mature for his age, he can handle your hold back anytime he needs to. However, many kids cannot. You and your kind, like your friends in MD and PA are a stain on this sport. As I have said many times before, the only way this stops is if US Lacrosse steps up and demands proof of age for any tournament or showcase they insure.

you are getting worked up at the wrong person here, My opinion is that any kid graduating in 2018 should play in 2018, My kid was born in 2000 and is the "correct" age for a 2018 and he plays on a 2018 team, I would never hold him back to get an advantage in lacrosse - I just don't care what age any other kid is as long as he is also graduating in 2018. I want my son to compete against him, this is who is going to be recruited against and I know the college coaches don't care how old he or any other kid is only what year he is graduating.

All I am saying is IT IS NOT CHEATING to be on a 2018 team if you are scheduled to graduate high school in 2018 - it might not be fair and it might be taking advantage within the rules but in no way is it cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are getting worked up at the wrong person here, My opinion is that any kid graduating in 2018 should play in 2018, My kid was born in 2000 and is the "correct" age for a 2018 and he plays on a 2018 team, I would never hold him back to get an advantage in lacrosse - I just don't care what age any other kid is as long as he is also graduating in 2018. I want my son to compete against him, this is who is going to be recruited against and I know the college coaches don't care how old he or any other kid is only what year he is graduating.

All I am saying is IT IS NOT CHEATING to be on a 2018 team if you are scheduled to graduate high school in 2018 - it might not be fair and it might be taking advantage within the rules but in no way is it cheating.

Very well said. Still cheating!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your an idiot

Page 35 of 47 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard