BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 29 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right, GC = mediocre
And they will never be good enough to win again.

OK check please

Let's play a game... What names strike the feeling of fear in the hearts of upstate teams like Yorktown, West Genny, Niskayuna, Janesville Dewitt?

My guess is that the Smithtowns, Northports, Lynbrooks , etc don't come to mind.

They think of the WM, WI, GC, Manhasset, teams. But from now on, according to Mr.Smithtown ... They will never be a factor again.

WOW

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Yes that is interesting, but not totally correct.

Manhasset is trying to keep their players home. This year they were significantly under represented (relative to prior years) on the Chaminade Freshman team, which means that the good kids are staying put.

GC is Trying to do the same...even though they do loose some each year.

If anyone believes that the Dynastic Elite teams of the past 15 or 20 years don't have a better chances than the rest in getting back on top (despite a lackluster 2014), then I'd like to know why and how.

Realistically, in this sport at the HS level, Coaching matters. Cherry, Finnell, Weiszoreck, Moran, Craig - These guys are hall of famers and will get their team going. I like their chances.

Whatever program makes Rotanz their next head will also go to the net level of elite.

[/quote]

This is a comical statement. Like lacrosse is the only reason a family would want to send their boy to Chaminade. Not to bash Manhasset but how on earth does Manhasset try to "keep" kids from going to Chaminade. The decision to go to Chaminade goes WAY beyond lacrosse. There is simply nothing that can be said to "keep" a kid at Manhasset if their family sees a better overall value proposition at Chaminade. And many do. If you know differently or have even anecdotal evidence of this "strategy" by Manhasset, please give us some insights as to how that hypothetical conversation would go and between which representatives of Manhasset. We'd all like a good laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Manhasset is trying to keep their players home. This year they were significantly under represented (relative to prior years) on the Chaminade Freshman team, which means that the good kids are staying put.

If anyone believes that the Dynastic Elite teams of the past 15 or 20 years don't have a better chances than the rest in getting back on top (despite a lackluster 2014), then I'd like to know why and how.

Realistically, in this sport at the HS level, Coaching matters. Cherry, Finnell, Weiszoreck, Moran, Craig - These guys are hall of famers and will get their team going. I like their chances.

Whatever program makes Rotanz their next head will also go to the net level of elite.

[/quote]

This is a comical statement. Like lacrosse is the only reason a family would want to send their boy to Chaminade. Not to bash Manhasset but how on earth does Manhasset try to "keep" kids from going to Chaminade. The decision to go to Chaminade goes WAY beyond lacrosse. There is simply nothing that can be said to "keep" a kid at Manhasset if their family sees a better overall value proposition at Chaminade. And many do. If you know differently or have even anecdotal evidence of this "strategy" by Manhasset, please give us some insights as to how that hypothetical conversation would go and between which representatives of Manhasset. We'd all like a good laugh. [/quote]

Not trying to be comical. Just making an observation backed by fact.
It all starts with the town programs creating the summer club teams and select programs run by the Town HS coaches. At 6th grade the coaches are marking their territory.

I would agree for mos kids that go to Chaminade or St. A,s , the choice is driven by more than lacrosse. But for som talented kids on the fence, lax can be the reason to stay home. For example, not being able to play on a town select or committed team any more once the player goes to Cham or Sta is a factor.

Being called up to varsity in middle school is pretty attractive don't you think.

Also, the opportunity to play varsity at the home HS as a freshman is a factor (if not an explicit promise) . That opportunity is unlikely for 9th graders at Cham or StA. Beware the back room deals being made before freshman year.

A four year varsity player from a traditionally powerhouse program looks pretty good to college recruiters too. So do the phone calls from elite hs coaches to various colleges about their very own 4 yr players.

Open your eyes! It happens.

Enough comedy for you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right, GC = mediocre

OK check please

Let's play a game... What names strike the feeling of fear in the hearts of upstate teams like Yorktown, West Genny, Niskayuna, Janesville Dewitt?

My guess is that the Smithtowns, Northports, Lynbrooks , etc don't come to mind.

They think of the WM, WI, GC, Manhasset, teams. But from now on, according to Mr.Smithtown ... They will never be a factor again.

WOW

GC mediocre this year, another poster suggested this trend will continue.

Nobody scared of Manhasset! Beat 2x by Lynbrook, so I know who I wouldn't want to play

Don't think any of the upstate teams were too scared of WI or Melville this year. They were very scared of the Stowns, next year East will be ranked #1 in Suffolk with a great shot at a state title, and yes teams will be scared, but it's up to them to work hard and not get caught up in all the hype like West did this year. As for the others, like I said, anyone's game....who wants it?!?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right, GC = mediocre

OK check please

WOW

Nobody scared of Manhasset! Beat 2x by Lynbrook, so I know who I wouldn't want to play

Don't think any of the upstate teams were too scared of WI or Melville this year. They were very scared of the Stowns, next year East will be ranked #1 in Suffolk with a great shot at a state title, and yes teams will be scared, but it's up to them to work hard and not get caught up in all the hype like West did this year. As for the others, like I said, anyone's game....who wants it?!?

Right, Smithtown #1

And the reason that Yorktown drives right past Both Smithtowns and Northport on their way to play WM is because they are afraid.

It could not have any thing to do with the fact that they want to challenge the by playing the best programs and best talent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a comical statement. Like lacrosse is the only reason a family would want to send their boy to Chaminade. Not to bash Manhasset but how on earth does Manhasset try to "keep" kids from going to Chaminade. The decision to go to Chaminade goes WAY beyond lacrosse. There is simply nothing that can be said to "keep" a kid at Manhasset if their family sees a better overall value proposition at Chaminade. And many do. If you know differently or have even anecdotal evidence of this "strategy" by Manhasset, please give us some insights as to how that hypothetical conversation would go and between which representatives of Manhasset. We'd all like a good laugh. [/quote]

It all starts with the town programs creating the summer club teams and select programs run by the Town HS coaches. At 6th grade the coaches are marking their territory.

I would agree for mos kids that go to Chaminade or St. A,s , the choice is driven by more than lacrosse. But for som talented kids on the fence, lax can be the reason to stay home. For example, not being able to play on a town select or committed team any more once the player goes to Cham or Sta is a factor.

Being called up to varsity in middle school is pretty attractive don't you think.

Also, the opportunity to play varsity at the home HS as a freshman is a factor (if not an explicit promise) . That opportunity is unlikely for 9th graders at Cham or StA. Beware the back room deals being made before freshman year.

A four year varsity player from a traditionally powerhouse program looks pretty good to college recruiters too. So do the phone calls from elite hs coaches to various colleges about their very own 4 yr players.

Enough comedy for you? [/quote]

Any promises (explicit or implicit) made by a high school coach to an 8th grader in order to keep a kid from going to Chaminade is a very slippery slope. What that means is a kid taking a roster spot or field time away from an equally or more talented upper classman. It is probably the worst thing a coach can do to ruin the chemistry of the locker room not to mention the competitiveness of his team. A whiz kid, hot shot 9th grader may be Mr. Wonderful against kids his own grade or maybe even a year above but it doesn't work so well against more athletic and talented Juniors and Seniors. See where the teams are that gave key roles to 9th graders this year. They destroyed the morale on the team and disheartened the upperclassmen. You got what you asked for. Enjoy watching the rest of the playoffs on msgvarsity.com.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a comical statement. Like lacrosse is the only reason a family would want to send their boy to Chaminade. Not to bash Manhasset but how on earth does Manhasset try to "keep" kids from going to Chaminade. The decision to go to Chaminade goes WAY beyond lacrosse. There is simply nothing that can be said to "keep" a kid at Manhasset if their family sees a better overall value proposition at Chaminade. And many do. If you know differently or have even anecdotal evidence of this "strategy" by Manhasset, please give us some insights as to how that hypothetical conversation would go and between which representatives of Manhasset. We'd all like a good laugh.

Enough comedy for you? [/quote]

Any promises (explicit or implicit) made by a high school coach to an 8th grader in order to keep a kid from going to Chaminade is a very slippery slope. What that means is a kid taking a roster spot or field time away from an equally or more talented upper classman. It is probably the worst thing a coach can do to ruin the chemistry of the locker room not to mention the competitiveness of his team. A whiz kid, hot shot 9th grader may be Mr. Wonderful against kids his own grade or maybe even a year above but it doesn't work so well against more athletic and talented Juniors and Seniors. See where the teams are that gave key roles to 9th graders this year. They destroyed the morale on the team and disheartened the upperclassmen. You got what you asked for. Enjoy watching the rest of the playoffs on msgvarsity.com. [/quote]

This issue is also why Chaminade will change and begin moving kids up sooner. Takes away any advantage that a "home team" would have that promises a quicker path to varsity. Watch, sooner than you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right, GC = mediocre

OK check please

WOW

Right, Smithtown #1

And the reason that Yorktown drives right past Both Smithtowns and Northport on their way to play WM is because they are afraid.

It could not have any thing to do with the fact that they want to challenge the by playing the best programs and best talent.

Nobody driving past the Smithtowns to play WM this year! Check the record, that's the only proof you need! Sorry if the truth hurts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Theres a lot to weigh out. Manh is not exactly a bad school. Is Chammy more prestigious ? Sure. But if you factor in price and the fact that your home HS can put you on a equally good path to college you have to think about it. I knew kids who would have been good enough to play on their HS teams who went to Chaminade and put their sticks down because they knew theyd never see the field

Enough comedy for you?

Any promises (explicit or implicit) made by a high school coach to an 8th grader in order to keep a kid from going to Chaminade is a very slippery slope. What that means is a kid taking a roster spot or field time away from an equally or more talented upper classman. It is probably the worst thing a coach can do to ruin the chemistry of the locker room not to mention the competitiveness of his team. A whiz kid, hot shot 9th grader may be Mr. Wonderful against kids his own grade or maybe even a year above but it doesn't work so well against more athletic and talented Juniors and Seniors. See where the teams are that gave key roles to 9th graders this year. They destroyed the morale on the team and disheartened the upperclassmen. You got what you asked for. Enjoy watching the rest of the playoffs on msgvarsity.com. [/quote]

This issue is also why Chaminade will change and begin moving kids up sooner. Takes away any advantage that a "home team" would have that promises a quicker path to varsity. Watch, sooner than you think. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Theres a lot to weigh out. Manh is not exactly a bad school. Is Chammy more prestigious ? Sure. But if you factor in price and the fact that your home HS can put you on a equally good path to college you have to think about it. I knew kids who would have been good enough to play on their HS teams who went to Chaminade and put their sticks down because they knew theyd never see the field

Enough comedy for you?

Any promises (explicit or implicit) made by a high school coach to an 8th grader in order to keep a kid from going to Chaminade is a very slippery slope. What that means is a kid taking a roster spot or field time away from an equally or more talented upper classman. It is probably the worst thing a coach can do to ruin the chemistry of the locker room not to mention the competitiveness of his team. A whiz kid, hot shot 9th grader may be Mr. Wonderful against kids his own grade or maybe even a year above but it doesn't work so well against more athletic and talented Juniors and Seniors. See where the teams are that gave key roles to 9th graders this year. They destroyed the morale on the team and disheartened the upperclassmen. You got what you asked for. Enjoy watching the rest of the playoffs on msgvarsity.com.

This issue is also why Chaminade will change and begin moving kids up sooner. Takes away any advantage that a "home team" would have that promises a quicker path to varsity. Watch, sooner than you think. [/quote]

Wait until next year, it'll get even worse. Some Seniors who think they are finally going to get some playing time will be blindsided by some up and coming Sophs who are excellent, but only in their own grade. At the end of the day it will mean another early playoff exit because these future stars really were rushed into the spotlight and weren't ready for Broadway. More and more it'll be about "we're young this year, so wait till next year". And then the year after, and year after that...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in a perfect (Chaminade) world a High School lacrosse team would be made up of the best juniors and seniors in the school, the JV would be all 10th graders and the freshman team would be all freshman. but in reality very few public schools have the luxury of that kind of depth. High School coaches are much more involved in the middle school programs and the town summer programs so they know these kids and their ability and their potential so they might move up some younger kids to either help the team now or so they can practice with the older kids and be ready quicker for the Varsity.

In the real world most teams play about 15 - 17 kids in a game unless it is a blow out and unless the town has a very strong or very weak grade the break up should be 8-10 seniors, 5-7 juniors, 2-3 sophomores and 1 or 2 freshman it keeps a continuity to a good team from year to year. The Catholics have a different problem, since they are all new to the program and to the school many of these kids have not played together (maybe on the express) so keeping them together as a class for two years is a great idea IMHO.

If I was a varsity coach and I had an exceptional 8th grader that I thought might be going to a catholic I would do everything in my power to keep him in town including moving him up to varsity as an 8th grader even if he was not ready.

If Ryan Lukacovic had stayed in Syosset because he was moved up to varsity as an 8th grader then the benefits of him playing for Syosset for 5 years would have far far outweighed the moral in the locker room.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in a perfect (Chaminade) world a High School lacrosse team would be made up of the best juniors and seniors in the school, the JV would be all 10th graders and the freshman team would be all freshman. but in reality very few public schools have the luxury of that kind of depth. High School coaches are much more involved in the middle school programs and the town summer programs so they know these kids and their ability and their potential so they might move up some younger kids to either help the team now or so they can practice with the older kids and be ready quicker for the Varsity.

In the real world most teams play about 15 - 17 kids in a game unless it is a blow out and unless the town has a very strong or very weak grade the break up should be 8-10 seniors, 5-7 juniors, 2-3 sophomores and 1 or 2 freshman it keeps a continuity to a good team from year to year. The Catholics have a different problem, since they are all new to the program and to the school many of these kids have not played together (maybe on the express) so keeping them together as a class for two years is a great idea IMHO.

If I was a varsity coach and I had an exceptional 8th grader that I thought might be going to a catholic I would do everything in my power to keep him in town including moving him up to varsity as an 8th grader even if he was not ready.

If Ryan Lukacovic had stayed in Syosset because he was moved up to varsity as an 8th grader then the benefits of him playing for Syosset for 5 years would have far far outweighed the moral in the locker room.

I think everyone is missing the point. I know it's hard to understand for many of you who are short sighted but the reasons that kids go to Chaminade are very long term considerations, lacrosse is a very short term consideration and maybe 10th down on the list. It's really not a factor for whether a kid stays at his town school or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If all it takes is a promise to play varsity lax sooner rather than later, then that 8th grader was never cut out to be a Chaminade student in the first place. Better to stay home and wallow in mediocrity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If all it takes is a promise to play varsity lax sooner rather than later, then that 8th grader was never cut out to be a Chaminade student in the first place. Better to stay home and wallow in mediocrity.

Most idiotic comment yet! Keep trying to buy Jrs success while we take advantage of the plethora of amazing opportunities offered by some of the best public schools in the country. Oh and stop trying to weasel your way into the top recruiting event for young players in LI, The LI showcase cost 65$. All you snobs who tried to register have been removed from the roster. Ha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most idiotic comment yet! Keep trying to buy Jrs success while we take advantage of the plethora of amazing opportunities offered by some of the best public schools in the country. Oh and stop trying to weasel your way into the top recruiting event for young players in LI, The LI showcase cost 65$. All you snobs who tried to register have been removed from the roster. Ha

No public school could ever come close to touching the prestige of an elite private school like St Anthony's. That's why so many kids go there and go on to great colleges.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa rolling up 22-9 (not a typo) with 7 minutes to go in the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa wins 23-9

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No public school could ever come close to touching the prestige of an elite private school like St Anthony's. That's why so many kids go there and go on to great colleges.

St. Anthonys has weak academics and kids have poor moral values there, read the paper! Lax not great this year either! Why anyone would want to dump a bunch of money to go there is mind boggling!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa rolling up 22-9 (not a typo) with 7 minutes to go in the game.

23-9 final.
Ball movement was unbelievable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very selfish to attempt to hold a child back from what the family thinks will be best for the child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Manhasset is trying to keep their players home. This year they were significantly under represented (relative to prior years) on the Chaminade Freshman team, which means that the good kids are staying put.

GC is Trying to do the same...even though they do loose some each year."

Kids have been leaving Manhasset and GC for Chaminade for decades. What exactly has been the great epiphany recently that all of a sudden these public schools have now woken up and they are only now trying to "keep their players home" after so many decades. Also, tell us what that conversation is like and between who? The coach and parents? The principal and parents? Who initiates it? I doubt any parent would call the coach or principal to give them a heads up - "hey, you might want to stroke our egos because we're about to jump ship". If that's not how it goes then give us an example of how this new thing of trying keep kids home actually works. Does the principal only focus on the lacrosse players while ignoring the golfers and book worm kids who are free to go without a fight? This is getting funnier and funnier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Manhasset is trying to keep their players home. This year they were significantly under represented (relative to prior years) on the Chaminade Freshman team, which means that the good kids are staying put.

Kids have been leaving Manhasset and GC for Chaminade for decades. What exactly has been the great epiphany recently that all of a sudden these public schools have now woken up and they are only now trying to "keep their players home" after so many decades. Also, tell us what that conversation is like and between who? The coach and parents? The principal and parents? Who initiates it? I doubt any parent would call the coach or principal to give them a heads up - "hey, you might want to stroke our egos because we're about to jump ship". If that's not how it goes then give us an example of how this new thing of trying keep kids home actually works. Does the principal only focus on the lacrosse players while ignoring the golfers and book worm kids who are free to go without a fight? This is getting funnier and funnier.

Ok you're right. This never happens. Thanks for being the smartest person on the board.

Just because you choose to ignore the truth, doesn't mean it's not true.

Why don't you share how it is not happening.?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St. Anthonys has weak academics and kids have poor moral values there, read the paper! Lax not great this year either! Why anyone would want to dump a bunch of money to go there is mind boggling!

What's more mind boggling is the rhetoric out of pie holes like yours. Feel free to stay on your side of the fence and I will stay on mine...dam I just lost five minutes of my life responding to a mind numbed robot...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I cant believe you are so blind. I am sure the coaches and administration know when a child is considering leaving (for either sports of academics). The kids talk and the parents not confirming anything is sometimes telling.

If from the Middle School years and up the coach or dept head is not interested in your child A he is not as good as you think or the coach/teach is a dope and you better start considering the alternatives.

When confronted by an administrator and asked about what your plans for high school are what do you do. Is it any of their business what you are doing. NO, it is not it is a family decision. Don't lie and see what they say. never initiate that conversation. If you don't know you don't know tell them.

Remember the jealous people will always talk and will sell your son out in a minute. They will always say who went to open house or who took the "test" they'll even say who went to the Prep class. I always wondered how they knew. A healthy relationship is always best just in case it doesn't work out for whatever reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

No public school could ever come close to touching the prestige of an elite private school like St Anthony's. That's why so many kids go there and go on to great colleges. [/quote]

Hate to burst the proverbial bubble, but St. A's is not a prestigious elite private school. None of the Catholics are. I'm saying this as a Catholic school parent, by the way.

Avon Old Farms, Deerfield, etc., now you're in the elite category.

Incidentally, kids go on to great colleges from public too. In fact, might even argue that public is a better pathway for a talented student to a great university these days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's more mind boggling is the rhetoric out of pie holes like yours. Feel free to stay on your side of the fence and I will stay on mine...dam I just lost five minutes of my life responding to a mind numbed robot...

What's the matter, truth hurts? Keep paying your $$ while my son goes off to his IVY league school, coming out of a great public system!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think everyone is missing the point. I know it's hard to understand for many of you who are short sighted but the reasons that kids go to Chaminade are very long term considerations, lacrosse is a very short term consideration and maybe 10th down on the list. It's really not a factor for whether a kid stays at his town school or not.

This is a joke, right? Any kid I know from the LI Lax scene went to Chaminade or St. Anthonys because of Lacrosse. Most conversations on the sidelines during 6, 7 and 8 grade were what would be a better fit (lacrosse wise) Catholic or their public school. I am sure there are many very bright kids whose parents are looking in their childs best interest but, come on, you are on this lacrosse site....its ALL about lacrosse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, here it is again! All of the Chaminade kids with the higher standards and morals. Please!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right, GC = mediocre

OK check please

WOW

Right, Smithtown #1

Nobody driving past the Smithtowns to play WM this year! Check the record, that's the only proof you need! Sorry if the truth hurts.

Fact check:
04/05 Yorktown at Ward Melville- which WM won in OT 7 – 8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UPDATE:

.... and Suffolk not represented in the states

Go pequa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see nothing wrong with a HS coach talking to an 8th grader about the options and benefits of staying in the town program. By having this conversation it gives the student/athlete more information to make an informed decision. There are huge advantages and disadvantages to going to a private school and having the varsity coach layout what his plans for the kid is and what to expect if he stays is a good thing. The kid and the family can make the best decision for the kid, I know of a couple of kids that chose Chaminade knowing that they would probably never play or maybe even not make the team and they would have been two year starters on their HS team and the decision was not about lacrosse and I also know kids that didn't go because of lacrosse, each kid and each family is different and ultimately the family knows what is best not any of us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UPDATE:

.... and Suffolk not represented in the states

Go pequa

Is that breaking news? It's Nassau's year! Suffolk will be back next year! Hope ALL the boys have an amazing summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St. Anthonys has weak academics and kids have poor moral values there, read the paper! Lax not great this year either! Why anyone would want to dump a bunch of money to go there is mind boggling! [/quote]
What's more mind boggling is the rhetoric out of pie holes like yours. Feel free to stay on your side of the fence and I will stay on mine...dam I just lost five minutes of my life responding to a mind numbed robot... [/quote]

What's the matter, truth hurts? Keep paying your $$ while my son goes off to his IVY league school, coming out of a great public system! [/quote] The only thing that hurts in my opinion is the direction our Country is heading and has nothing to do with this site. My son wasn't fortunate enough to be in a better school district like you. Best of luck to your Ivy commit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a joke, right? Any kid I know from the LI Lax scene went to Chaminade or St. Anthonys because of Lacrosse. Most conversations on the sidelines during 6, 7 and 8 grade were what would be a better fit (lacrosse wise) Catholic or their public school. I am sure there are many very bright kids whose parents are looking in their childs best interest but, come on, you are on this lacrosse site....its ALL about lacrosse!

So very true because those kids are either smart enough where they are in the top of their class and scholastically/athletically/Socially you need to find the best overall fit.

Then there are those that need to use it as a spring board to a better school College than they may have gotten into at a public school because being a middle of the pack student at public is not better than being a middle of the pack at Chaminade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So very true because those kids are either smart enough where they are in the top of their class and scholastically/athletically/Socially you need to find the best overall fit.

Then there are those that need to use it as a spring board to a better school College than they may have gotten into at a public school because being a middle of the pack student at public is not better than being a middle of the pack at Chaminade.

Being middle of the pack at anything anywhere won't get you very far, even coming out of Chaminade. Hard work is what gets it done, whether public or private. Colleges don't admit the high school, they admit the person. Work hard, get good grades, be active in clubs/sports/music, do volunteer/community service work and you'll write your ticket.

The private advantage over public is that the system promotes the characteristics that colleges are looking for. However, a motivated student/family can get it done no matter where they go to school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No joke. That may be the kid's perspective but the forward looking and smarter parents are thinking much deeper and much farther out than just HS lax. It's about the making of men with the tools (including a priceless network) to excel at the highest levels of society. Please, keep your son where he is and enjoy the outcome of that lax knucklehead playing time decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Being middle of the pack at anything anywhere won't get you very far, even coming out of Chaminade. Hard work is what gets it done, whether public or private. Colleges don't admit the high school, they admit the person. Work hard, get good grades, be active in clubs/sports/music, do volunteer/community service work and you'll write your ticket.

The private advantage over public is that the system promotes the characteristics that colleges are looking for. However, a motivated student/family can get it done no matter where they go to school.

I do think colleges know middle of the road (Grades) at Chaminade is better then lets say (middle of the road grades) Amityville. I think you would agree. As I agree middle of the road in general will not get you far. but Chaminade is not a general school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No joke. That may be the kid's perspective but the forward looking and smarter parents are thinking much deeper and much farther out than just HS lax. It's about the making of men with the tools (including a priceless network) to excel at the highest levels of society. Please, keep your son where he is and enjoy the outcome of that lax knucklehead playing time decision.

Resorting to name calling isn't the deeper and more forward thinking you were discussing in your previous post, is it? I see exceling at the highest levels of society is still a work in progress over in some Chamy households. You have no idea where my son is or the "priceless network" he does or does not have. As for that "Lax knucklehead decision" it worked out very well for us, (a couple of times over) thank you. I think the point you have missed is lacrosse is a HUGE factor in the decision between public and the "elite private" of Chaminade or St. Anthonys. For you to be "duking it out" on an anonymous post on this site proves my point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do think colleges know middle of the road (Grades) at Chaminade is better then lets say (middle of the road grades) Amityville. I think you would agree. As I agree middle of the road in general will not get you far. but Chaminade is not a general school

Wow! Perhaps the colleges take into consideration the Chaminade arrogance...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Massapequa. Epic Run!

Page 19 of 29 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard