BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have been told that Suffolk County Sextion XI Rules say that 7th & 8th Grade Lacrosse is to be split in "A" and "B" lines. The "A" group plays the first and third and the "B" group plays the second and fourth. The coaches decide what they are going to do if they play a 5th quarter.

When a team has a lot of depth such as Smithtown and Three Village you will see some strong players on the "B" lines. Generally although these players are very strong they might not be able to break into the starting group. If the coach put all of them on the "A" line nobody would get meaningful playing time. It is not the best situation but for the most part the kids are having fun.

Section do rules

Rule 2 states teams will be unequal in skill
Rule 13 states there will be a/b format

Just curious about a rule. In grade based tournaments can a fall birthday 7th grader play on a 6th grade team because technically he could have been held back?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. You need to play in the grade you are in, period. He would be eligible to "play down" in U11 or U13 based tournaments, since they are based on age, not grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
splitting hairs.. he is 7th grade play with 7th graders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been told that Suffolk County Sextion XI Rules say that 7th & 8th Grade Lacrosse is to be split in "A" and "B" lines. The "A" group plays the first and third and the "B" group plays the second and fourth. The coaches decide what they are going to do if they play a 5th quarter.

When a team has a lot of depth such as Smithtown and Three Village you will see some strong players on the "B" lines. Generally although these players are very strong they might not be able to break into the starting group. If the coach put all of them on the "A" line nobody would get meaningful playing time. It is not the best situation but for the most part the kids are having fun.

Section do rules

Just curious about a rule. In grade based tournaments can a fall birthday 7th grader play on a 6th grade team because technically he could have been held back?

No, not unless it is a "U" - age based tournament. But most of the Fall birthday 7th graders are holdback kids who could be in the 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Section do rules

No, not unless it is a "U" - age based tournament. But most of the Fall birthday 7th graders are holdback kids who could be in the 8th grade.

This regarding a 7th grader who is young for his grade so could have been held back but wasn't

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Nassau 7th grade, GC is dominant, Manahsset is ok, all the others are surprisingly very weak.

Section do rules

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Section do rules

why play down. The object is to get better and play against better competition. Unless he is still learning/developing and cannot play with his grade. but then Id say don't spend $$ on travel and do clinics and camps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Section do rules

why play down. The object is to get better and play against better competition. Unless he is still learning/developing and cannot play with his grade. but then Id say don't spend $$ on travel and do clinics and camps

It was a player brought in for a grade based tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Section do rules

It was a player brought in for a grade based tournament.

Call it out, what town did this? Enquiring minds want to know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the GC dad.

In Nassau 7th grade, GC is dominant, Manahsset is ok, all the others are surprisingly very weak.

Section do rules

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach schedule out....Crabs, 91, FCA in same bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91, thank you for committing and making the effort to come to Beach Lax. The match ups in each age group should lead to some very, very good lacrosse. It is great that the tournament organizers scheduled all of the games at the same location. Very good Maryland, PA and NY teams (Killer Shrimp?). Let's hope the weather cooperates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91, thank you for committing and making the effort to come to Beach Lax. The match ups in each age group should lead to some very, very good lacrosse. It is great that the tournament organizers scheduled all of the games at the same location. Very good Maryland, PA and NY teams (Killer Shrimp?). Let's hope the weather cooperates.

Wondering why they didn't call out to see if anyone else in 2019 wanted to go down and fill in for that 4th team to help the brackets. Is it too late instead of those extra back to back games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised crush isn't playing in 2019.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2019 Annapolis Hawks should move from 11/12A to U19AA. They are a very good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda is very solid as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im not. Why not start off in their age group. This tournament has some great teams within their age group. You dont know what is out there until you play.

If it turns out they outclass their opponents in 2020aa and are able to win this tournament, they get their Dicks qualifier done and can play up in every other tournament.

If this was towards the end of the season where they creamed their competition Id question it more. But I think this is the right thing for the first summer tournament. New season new slate. Kudos to them for gong this route.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Lax changed brackets, Crabs and 91 split now.....FCA trying to drop down to 13/14 A league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think they can physically compete with the older teams down south? Those kids are big and by the way pretty good lacrosse players too. Some team their age group will get their number soon. They all balance out .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im not. Why not start off in their age group. This tournament has some great teams within their age group. You dont know what is out there until you play.

If it turns out they outclass their opponents in 2020aa and are able to win this tournament, they get their Dicks qualifier done and can play up in every other tournament.

If this was towards the end of the season where they creamed their competition Id question it more. But I think this is the right thing for the first summer tournament. New season new slate. Kudos to them for gong this route.

Plus it is aged based. The way it should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plus it is aged based. The way it should be.

You mean aged Biased; where 18 months means a year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for West Islip and played in a tournament down in Maryland this past weekend. Saw a not so good Maryland team but lost to a Team called Lax Army from the Island. To be honest I never heard of them before this tournament and not sure where they are based out of. They were pretty good and even though we didn't play that well they beat us pretty good.They only won by one but were up by 4 goals with about 10 minutes to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for West Islip and played in a tournament down in Maryland this past weekend. Saw a not so good Maryland team but lost to a Team called Lax Army from the Island. To be honest I never heard of them before this tournament and not sure where they are based out of. They were pretty good and even though we didn't play that well they beat us pretty good.They only won by one but were up by 4 goals with about 10 minutes to play.

It was a good game. Both teams were pretty evenly matched.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any idea as to what day the 2019 teams play in this weekends JDRF?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax Army is a talented team that pulls together boys from a few different towns. Some know each other from town some from playing together on separate travel teams. The only difference is they don't misrepresent themselves as a town team.

How many towns were represented on the West Islip team? 3 or 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I said was that Lax Army had a good team.I never said that West Islip was a better team. We lost to a better team that day. Could we beat them in the future, I hope so but am not sure. What does it matter where some of our kids came from. It was a lacrosse game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax army from what I saw had 3 kids from 91 white, a few from revolution, garden city and not sure where else but talented team I thought. Fast defenseman, a couple of really good face off kids , and kids who can finish. I'm surprised you guys don't put that together as your real travel team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I said was that Lax Army had a good team.I never said that West Islip was a better team. We lost to a better team that day. Could we beat them in the future, I hope so but am not sure. What does it matter where some of our kids came from. It was a lacrosse game.

Did you really write
"What does it matter where some of the kids came from"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also had a couple of kids from fl$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I hear the core of the Lax Army is from the Revolution, but there are players from other programs. Apparently some of their regular players were not there. They are a good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To set things straight Lax Army is a bunch of kids who have played together over the years and simply want to play lacrosse, improve their skills and have some fun while doing so. Last weekend was a coincidence that many of the players were from the Lax Army so they entered the tournament as such. The boys were able to march on the field prior to watching the semi-finals, play some lacrosse on Sunday and then have a picnic for the rest of the day in a great setting. It was a great weekend and a lot of fun for those involved. Thank you to coaches B,K&R for setting it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I hear the core of the Lax Army is from the Revolution, but there are players from other programs. Apparently some of their regular players were not there. They are a good team.

How many LI teams went to those games?

I think it is great a collection of boys went to play. I think it is awesome that the Lax Army coaches/players/parents have a team name to play under. It really stinks when a team goes somewhere and really misrepresents themselves by going under the auspices of a town/organization and call themselves something they are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was just 2 games on Sunday to have some fun watching 2 good teams play each other.. No hardware or T-shirt just some kids playing lacrosse. Some of the WI regular kids couldn't make it to Maryland so we grabbed a few kids that we knew were going to watch the final 4 anyway..
I guess we should call ourselves the "LIONS" of West Islip next time to make all of you happy...Jeez..

Great game against Lax Army with a lot of talent up and down the field.. Congrats on your win.
Maybe we can meet somewhere closer and scrimmage once a month and get some Pizza for the boys..

I think it is great a collection of boys went to play. I think it is awesome that the Lax Army coaches/players/parents have a team name to play under. It really stinks when a team goes somewhere and really misrepresents themselves by going under the auspices of a town/organization and call themselves something they are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just felt bad for the two goalies that didn't get into the game after traveling down there. AT lest they got in the second one I hope.SO much for it being for fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Lions", Jeez so clever. I guess you don't understand the definition of "under the auspices"

As far as the rest whatever makes you feel good.

It was just 2 games on Sunday to have some fun watching 2 good teams play each other.. No hardware or T-shirt just some kids playing lacrosse. Some of the WI regular kids couldn't make it to Maryland so we grabbed a few kids that we knew were going to watch the final 4 anyway..
I guess we should call ourselves the "LIONS" of West Islip next time to make all of you happy...Jeez..

Great game against Lax Army with a lot of talent up and down the field.. Congrats on your win.
Maybe we can meet somewhere closer and scrimmage once a month and get some Pizza for the boys..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All goalies played equal time in the two games
I just felt bad for the two goalies that didn't get into the game after traveling down there. AT lest they got in the second one I hope.SO much for it being for fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just head posts on the HS thread about the 91 orange coach who they say now coaches hs Beware of this guy. 91 orange knows this guy plays favorites and obv his son on team 91 orange feedback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The original WI comments regarding the tournament were put forth in a positive way so I don't understand the nitpicking. It was an exciting game that went down to the wire. I'll take a 1 goal game over a blowout every time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My feedback is you're an idiot.
Just head posts on the HS thread about the 91 orange coach who they say now coaches hs Beware of this guy. 91 orange knows this guy plays favorites and obv his son on team 91 orange feedback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really...Why would you lie on this site.My friends son is one of the goalies and that's not what happened.

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard