BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 47 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's sort of crazy that Duke University would allow its employee (Caputo) to run or be associated with a event that is so obviously tainted and unfair in the way it was run and ultimately what players made and did not make the team.

Kids who DID NOT make the showcase game are on the New [lacrosse] team and kids who DID NOT show up for the first tryout be allowed to tryout for the second tryout after some kids were cut and make the New [lacrosse] Team AND for a attack kid to be awarded a spot on the Long Island team even though he never showed up for the 2nd tryout.

Duke University should be made aware of how one of its employee's is so poorly representing such a fine University.

My kid did not even tryout and I'm so glad he didn't.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I spoke to Duke University yesterday about this matter and they said that while they were very concerned about the entire process of how the 8th grade team from Long Island was selected that they are in fact just a university made up of buildings and have no ability to communicate and besides they just won the national championship so tell your friends at BOTC that we have other things to worry about.

I thought that was kind of rude, myself but I wanted to let you know

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I spoke to Duke University yesterday about this matter and they said that while they were very concerned about the entire process of how the 8th grade team from Long Island was selected that they are in fact just a university made up of buildings and have no ability to communicate and besides they just won the national championship so tell your friends at BOTC that we have other things to worry about.

I thought that was kind of rude, myself but I wanted to let you know

Best. Post. Ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing happened last year, and will happen again next year.The real men of world with ethics are long gone. In lacrosse 80% of guys coach to make sure his kid stays on the field.At attack of course.lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck is a Brine team? What does it mean? Are those kids all playing lacrosse at Division 1? I have seen my son play very well against some of these attack man during their games so he must be a USA player then..LOL.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's sort of crazy that Duke University would allow its employee (Caputo) to run or be associated with a event that is so obviously tainted and unfair in the way it was run and ultimately what players made and did not make the team.

Kids who DID NOT make the showcase game are on the New [lacrosse] team and kids who DID NOT show up for the first tryout be allowed to tryout for the second tryout after some kids were cut and make the New [lacrosse] Team AND for a attack kid to be awarded a spot on the Long Island team even though he never showed up for the 2nd tryout.

Duke University should be made aware of how one of its employee's is so poorly representing such a fine University.

My kid did not even tryout and I'm so glad he didn't.

Breaking News!!!!! Caputo fired and Duke Lacrosse team stripped of National Title and suspended for 2015 year...all because some 2018 kid's daddy feels like his son should have made a team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great that you called over; not so great that the university feels it not so necessary to control the behavior of one of it's employees. I'm sure that President Brodhead if explain the situation in full might take a little different attitude towards a public complaint since they had some serious troubles with their Lacrosse program years ago that put a nice black eye on the University as a whole. Sounds like Caputo's asst answered your call.

Maybe time to write a formal letter of concern to the President and cc Danowski.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously miss the point. The university should be concerned that Caputo is ALWAYS representing the University and his actions are accountable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great that you called over; not so great that the university feels it not so necessary to control the behavior of one of it's employees. I'm sure that President Brodhead if explain the situation in full might take a little different attitude towards a public complaint since they had some serious troubles with their Lacrosse program years ago that put a nice black eye on the University as a whole. Sounds like Caputo's asst answered your call.

Maybe time to write a formal letter of concern to the President and cc Danowski.

To be clear - I did not call DUKE - this was meant to be a post pointing out how silly this discussion is and how silly you people are..... as far as Duke taking the allegations seriously, well, the real black eye Duke got out of the previous scandal was that they were criticized for acting to hastily by dismissing their coach and not having their players back until all the information was available and that was when there was a RAPE allegation. I would imagine they would take charges of an assistant coach minor involvement in the selection of an 8th grade team a little slower, maybe convene a group of alumni to look into the matter and interview all the people involved - players, parents - evaluators - and then get a full report as to the allegations and finally let the president of the Duke University stand up and proclaim......."NOBODY GIVES A $&)T ABOUT A COUPLE OF WHINING PARENTS ON LONG ISLAND)

just an opinion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously miss the point. The university should be concerned that Caputo is ALWAYS representing the University and his actions are accountable.

Stop it. Your son got cut amongst the best competition on the Island. Move on. There is separation between probably the top 5-10. But 11- 60 is on parity. There are kids that made it to Blue Chip that didn't get to pride games. Stop crying that your son got a raw deal.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of really good strong kids--i know 5--did not even try out....for those that made it congrats, for those that didn't , don't worry , it really means very little.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue Chip is pretty flawed too. The supposedly blind Florida 3d event seemed very biased based on who you knew and how you got into the event. Coaches knew certain players well in advance of 3d and didn't even bother to get to know others.

Making Blue Chip should be no guarantee for making Brine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Electoral College is a flawed system to elect the President of the United States and it gets talked about less then the 2018 Brine Nationals Long Island Team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid made blue chip and didn't bother with brine as we saw all the trouble last year.

That being said, we have all been to lots of tournaments and have seen the best players over and over. I think (my opinion only) that there are 4 or 5 really strong players on each of the AA teams (91, Terps, Crabs Team LI...) then the rest of the pack are almost interchangeable.

Do kids get a longer look if they show up with a 91 or Terp helmet? Of course they do, that is the way the real world operates. If Sal or Mike C tell someone about your kid does it help? Of course it does...

So if your kid is not one of the 5 or 6 top kids (for those kids it doesn't matter what helmet they are wearing) they will get an advantage over an equal kid with a bayshore helmet...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW! Really, if you just ignore the posts, they will stop!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue Chip is pretty flawed too. The supposedly blind Florida 3d event seemed very biased based on who you knew and how you got into the event. Coaches knew certain players well in advance of 3d and didn't even bother to get to know others.

2 complete different events, blue chip is to get into Jake Reed, is that also flawed. Long Island parents need to find flaws in everything, no matter what the situation, there is always going to be some who criticize how the organization/event is either run or managed. Instead of complaining about what should have been, get your kid into other programs, a lot out there and especially now since there are showcases designed for them to really shine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its posts like this that keep me coming back for more! "The Electoral College is a flawed system to elect the President of the United States and it gets talked about less then the 2018 Brine Nationals Long Island Team"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its posts like this that keep me coming back for more! "The Electoral College is a flawed system to elect the President of the United States and it gets talked about less then the 2018 Brine Nationals Long Island Team"

Yeah, that's a classic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 complete different events, blue chip is to get into Jake Reed, is that also flawed. Long Island parents need to find flaws in everything, no matter what the situation, there is always going to be some who criticize how the organization/event is either run or managed. Instead of complaining about what should have been, get your kid into other programs, a lot out there and especially now since there are showcases designed for them to really shine.

Poster is right. There are so many venues out there for 2018's to get exposure. My son is turning invites down. One next weekend in upstate NY with nearly 30 D1 coaches committed to attend... That's probably more than will be at Jake Reed and Brine looking at 2018's combined. If your son is at that level, trust me the coaches will see his talent. If he's not, he will still have plenty of opportunity to play NCAA lacrosse at the D2 or D3 level. Settle down, this process is long and hard. Try to enjoy the time with your son, it's over in a blink...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since when are all the top players on 91 and express and dune dogs.Just because they say so..If you took the top kids from other programs and combined them, they would beat up pretty good on those teams. It's funny looking at the list of brine players trying out this year. It seems a requirement to being on the express is to pay $75 and tryout. WHat a joke of a thing..the kids are going into 8th grade and probably most haven't hit puberty yet. Why not wait ill they are in at least 9th grade. I guess it's all about the money and not who the best kids are Again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Middle School Brine Tournament is meaningless. Some teams, like Maryland, don't even attract the better players. Are the tryouts political, sure they are...what tryouts aren't. The ones who don't derserve to make a team are exposed...really, who beat yourself up over this??? There are plenty of venues, all will get a shot to display their skills at some point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as they look at their skills and not the helmets they have on. An honest tryout. Never happen. Easier to give a few bocks and get him on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as they look at their skills and not the helmets they have on. An honest tryout. Never happen. Easier to give a few bocks and get him on the team.

We have a committed town team and for the tryouts the players are prohibited from wearing anything that identifies themselves as a member of a club team. It is still pretty political...but that is at least an attempt at making it appear fair. If they wanted these recruiting events to truly be as apolitical as possible that might be something to consider. Wearing a 91 helmet to a 91 tryout is one thing. But one can understand how wearing it to an "independent" tryout where some of the evaluators are say from 91 could be seen as an attempt to influence the outcome....and that just leaves people feeling like their kid got hosed.

I am not in that boat, but I get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since when are all the top players on 91 and express and dune dogs.Just because they say so..If you took the top kids from other programs and combined them, they would beat up pretty good on those teams. It's funny looking at the list of brine players trying out this year. It seems a requirement to being on the express is to pay $75 and tryout. WHat a joke of a thing..the kids are going into 8th grade and probably most haven't hit puberty yet. Why not wait ill they are in at least 9th grade. I guess it's all about the money and not who the best kids are Again.

So many things wrong with this post I am not sure wear to start - 1, does Dune Dogs even have a 2018 team? if so I have never seen them play. 2, it was not long ago that express kids were told not to play in this tournament. 3, most people on this site have an issue with the 91 organizational involvement with these tryouts not express so why the $75 comment? 4, the kids are going into 9th grade not 8th grade and based on the size of many of these kids I would say more then a few have hit puberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have a committed town team and for the tryouts the players are prohibited from wearing anything that identifies themselves as a member of a club team. It is still pretty political...but that is at least an attempt at making it appear fair. If they wanted these recruiting events to truly be as apolitical as possible that might be something to consider. Wearing a 91 helmet to a 91 tryout is one thing. But one can understand how wearing it to an "independent" tryout where some of the evaluators are say from 91 could be seen as an attempt to influence the outcome....and that just leaves people feeling like their kid got hosed.

The idea of not allowing kids to wear club helmets was actually talked about the night of the tryout and I think that is a great idea but instead you would have people complaining about town helmets and the evaluators being biased for a town. I do know of two players that are on what many would consider a top travel team and they both wore their town helmets and not the club helmet and both made the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The idea of not allowing kids to wear club helmets was actually talked about the night of the tryout and I think that is a great idea but instead you would have people complaining about town helmets and the evaluators being biased for a town. I do know of two players that are on what many would consider a top travel team and they both wore their town helmets and not the club helmet and both made the team.

I know... Have the organizer provide helmets,gloves,socks,shooting shirts just for tryouts.. Make them all black and white.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know... Have the organizer provide helmets,gloves,socks,shooting shirts just for tryouts.. Make them all black and white.

If you read the whole thread, you would read that according to some, the team was chosen before the tryouts so even eliminating club helmets would not hane made a difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you read the whole thread, you would read that according to some, the team was chosen before the tryouts so even eliminating club helmets would not hane made a difference.

And if that was posted anonymously on BOTC it must be true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard from a very reliable source that the evaluators at the Brine tryouts were under strict orders to pick the best 24 players that night in the final game and not to take into account how good the player was last year, who they play for or who their parent is or knows. And if that is the case this is B.S. - and a total money grab, My kid is not that good yet they took my money for the original tryout and then charged me again for the Pride games when they knew he wasn't good enough to ever make the team. Why should I pay all this money to a club team if they can't even get my son onto some select team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard from a very reliable source that the evaluators at the Brine tryouts were under strict orders to pick the best 24 players that night in the final game and not to take into account how good the player was last year, who they play for or who their parent is or knows. And if that is the case this is B.S. - and a total money grab, My kid is not that good yet they took my money for the original tryout and then charged me again for the Pride games when they knew he wasn't good enough to ever make the team. Why should I pay all this money to a club team if they can't even get my son onto some select team?

Move to another state where your son can be the superstar, make sure it is not on the east coast, CO, CA, GA, TX, OH.. maybe LA or WI? But I've heard that they are ramping up so get moving out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats funny because players who weren't even part of the last 24 made the New [lacrosse] team. Yes paying helps and this is the perfect example. Get cut but still make team when teams are chosen behind closed doors. Yup thats how it works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just bring in objective independent evaluators. Case closed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just bring in objective independent evaluators. Case closed.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL - great comic relief,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the teams that competed today do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 Viper 3-0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 Viper 3-0

Weren't they 2-0-1. Tied the Jesters? I could be wrong...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 Viper 3-0

Vipers A 2-0-1
Jesters Black 2-0-1
Jesters Green 3-0
Tomahawks 1-2
Legacy Carnage 0-3
Legacy Slashes 2-1
West Islip 2-1
EXPRESS 1-2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 Viper 3-0

Jesters 2 0 1
Tied the Vipers 5-5 in good game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy Slashers were 2-0-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Jesters and Vipers tied 5 to 5 in the 8am on Burns East with Jeters coming back with just minutes to go to end in tie. Those two teams have met before in Championship gaems with each winining one. A fitting end. In the next game on Burns West, Jesters went up quickly on Tomahawks and the Tomahawks chipped away and gave them a game with final score 8 to 7. At one point Tomahawks were down maybe 7 to 1 and mounted a huge comeback.

Page 33 of 47 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard