BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 29 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is truly a conflict of interest and should not be allowed in hs. Let this daddy coach step down as it sounds like the kid will be fine. I know the name. Points closer to 60 but who's counting. Obv there are people on both sides of issue but no one can deny that a parent has no place in hs sports

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In our town, we would NEVER want a pro coach coming around, with all of those amazing players in tow, scoring all kinds of crazy goals, and making huge plays. We would talk mad smack about the guy, and be hugely, insanely jealous of how mediocre our kids are in comparison to those that work hard all year long. That's just OUR way, where we are from. Rather than express our desire to be more fair regarding play time, in exchange for a good record, we would cast hate his way. We would allow our bitterness to show as envy, even if he was a genuinely nice guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does everyone think about the situation that prevented HHH HSW from making the playoffs. The "head"coach who has been plagued by years of complaints against him to the school district AD yet continues on each year after verbal warnings then lets in a "DADDY COACH" to coach the team this season! What place does a daddy coach have, regardless of credentials, on a public hs team? That is the question of today. This coach only began when his son started playing on the team and the worst part is he advocates for and pushes ahead his money paying team 91 players (of which he is a part owner). It is like the St ANts/Cham Express problem all over again. Parents feel obligated to enroll their sons in team 91 due to the team 91 bias just as ST ants/cham kids knew they had to sign up for Express if they wanted to see a minute on the field. This season it was so flagrant that the daddy coach not only pushed his son ahead of other well deserving players but manipulated the entire line-up to his advantage and pushed the 91 ahead of other deserving players spots. The district even faced a well founded lawsuit over the actions of this daddy coach and his involvement in school lacrosse, starting in middle school when he followed his son there and pushed 91 players to early invitations to jv and varsity off season events. How is he on the sidelines again after the lawsuit. What are people's opinions on parent coaches in hs team. I do not think he is paid so that is not the issue? How do you weigh in on this topic? My son is an underclassman but the writing is on the wall and I was wondering how we go about changing it with an unresponsive AD

The whole daddy coach thing confuses me. Is it that a person is a father is what makes him a bad choice? Could it be that if a person is unfairly appointed or selected, regardless of his unqualified nature, that this makes him a poor choice? What if somebody is truly mega qualified, and offers to help for free, as he may be a professional at high level? If this person happens to have a kid in the district, should the district pass him by? Many of you think so. I do not agree. I just see no effort to even thinly veil the jealous nature of the complaints. Come up with a better reason than asserting that a daddy coach is a bad thing. If a daddy coach puts his kid in a spot, and the freshman (oops) delivers what most seniors cannot, then why not concede that he did well? Oh, no, can't do that. It wasn't little Seymour.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does everyone think about the situation that prevented HHH HSW from making the playoffs. The "head"coach who has been plagued by years of complaints against him to the school district AD yet continues on each year after verbal warnings then lets in a "DADDY COACH" to coach the team this season! What place does a daddy coach have, regardless of credentials, on a public hs team? That is the question of today. This coach only began when his son started playing on the team and the worst part is he advocates for and pushes ahead his money paying team 91 players (of which he is a part owner). It is like the St ANts/Cham Express problem all over again. Parents feel obligated to enroll their sons in team 91 due to the team 91 bias just as ST ants/cham kids knew they had to sign up for Express if they wanted to see a minute on the field. This season it was so flagrant that the daddy coach not only pushed his son ahead of other well deserving players but manipulated the entire line-up to his advantage and pushed the 91 ahead of other deserving players spots. The district even faced a well founded lawsuit over the actions of this daddy coach and his involvement in school lacrosse, starting in middle school when he followed his son there and pushed 91 players to early invitations to jv and varsity off season events. How is he on the sidelines again after the lawsuit. What are people's opinions on parent coaches in hs team. I do not think he is paid so that is not the issue? How do you weigh in on this topic? My son is an underclassman but the writing is on the wall and I was wondering how we go about changing it with an unresponsive AD

Sorry to hear your situation. Unfortunately you are not the only district and it is not only travel teams, but happens with summer teams run by high school coaches as well. Would love to learn more about the lawsuit and the conflict of interest between summer ball and school ball. You need to have a strong AD that has integrity and can address the issue when such a conflict exists. Most just turn a blind eye. It is sad that politicking has taken over all sports and no one has to earn their spot anymore on their own merit and not daddy or mommy's connections. I wish you luck but unfortunately it is an uphill battle you are climbing.

70 points doesn't warrant your shutting up, you jealous person?

I sympathize with you. We have the same politics in our town but at least the dad does not coach the team. What does 70 points have to do with anything. As if the wrongs are made right bc of 70 points. It's time to get the politics out of hs sports . and a parent coach has no place on a hs team See the thread about summer conflicts

I am not a fan of the man but

Are you serious? What does 70 points have to do with it!?! - EVERYTHING. That is a very good number. Are those with D1 commitments better than the supposed Daddy coach's son. How many points did those D1 commits get LY. What does politics have to do with it!?!... everything and that is life. I find it hard to believe those who lost their spot didn't politic for this. I also find it hard to believe those that didn't lose there spot did politics for things either. Life is politicking to better yourself.

of course opinion comes into play here, but come on you didn't see this coming.

All I can say is, that town team will be very strong if he continues to push those boys to 91.

Re-read what you wrote and then ask yourself - is this a conflict of interest? How about teachers who say you must hire me as your tutor if you want an A in my class? Is that any different?

Or, rather than the teacher saying that you "MUST" hire me, they say, "You SHOULD hire me because I am far superior than the alternatives, as my track record has proven". In the case of the latter, it is a no brainer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the kids needs no push, why get involved this year daddy coach? Where were you the other years? hmmmmmmmm can't leave it to chance can you ?
I heard that he is completely uninvolved now, so I guess that we will see if the kid suddenly stops ripping it up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WELCOME TO THE EVOLUTION OF LACROSSE , THIS IS NOT THE 80'S , TRAVEL BALL SUPERCEDES TOWN IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME , LIKE IT OR NOT ! LOOK AT THE LONG LIST BETWEEN 91 AND EXPRESS ON COMMITMENTED PLAYERS , THEY CERTAINLY WERE NOT FROM TOWN PERFORMANCE AND ALSO REALIZE THAT MAJORITY OF THE TOWN PLAYERS DO BELONG TO AN UPPER TIER TRAVEL ORGANIZATION.

Sorry to hear your situation. Unfortunately you are not the only district and it is not only travel teams, but happens with summer teams run by high school coaches as well. Would love to learn more about the lawsuit and the conflict of interest between summer ball and school ball. You need to have a strong AD that has integrity and can address the issue when such a conflict exists. Most just turn a blind eye. It is sad that politicking has taken over all sports and no one has to earn their spot anymore on their own merit and not daddy or mommy's connections. I wish you luck but unfortunately it is an uphill battle you are climbing.

Smithtown West all-americans not on travel teams!
Smithtown west is an exception, just as there are a few others. Most school districts have not had the policy in place, where they restrict participation with outside travel clubs, for long enough to feel/ field the results. Most of us middle of the road towns applaud SWest, and the others, and even spectate at their games. Until our school commits to fielding fantastic coaching and year round training, my freshman will have to return coaches calls received through his travel coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The whole daddy coach thing confuses me. Is it that a person is a father is what makes him a bad choice? Could it be that if a person is unfairly appointed or selected, regardless of his unqualified nature, that this makes him a poor choice? What if somebody is truly mega qualified, and offers to help for free, as he may be a professional at high level? If this person happens to have a kid in the district, should the district pass him by? Many of you think so. I do not agree. I just see no effort to even thinly veil the jealous nature of the complaints. Come up with a better reason than asserting that a daddy coach is a bad thing. If a daddy coach puts his kid in a spot, and the freshman (oops) delivers what most seniors cannot, then why not concede that he did well? Oh, no, can't do that. It wasn't little Seymour.

as i understand it you are missing an important element - the dad/coach is also an owner of a pay for play summer team and that some people might feel that kids that pay to play on his team have an unfair advantage on the public high school team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WELCOME TO THE EVOLUTION OF LACROSSE , THIS IS NOT THE 80'S , TRAVEL BALL SUPERCEDES TOWN IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME , LIKE IT OR NOT ! LOOK AT THE LONG LIST BETWEEN 91 AND EXPRESS ON COMMITMENTED PLAYERS , THEY CERTAINLY WERE NOT FROM TOWN PERFORMANCE AND ALSO REALIZE THAT MAJORITY OF THE TOWN PLAYERS DO BELONG TO AN UPPER TIER TRAVEL ORGANIZATION.

Smithtown West all-americans not on travel teams!
Smithtown west is an exception, just as there are a few others. Most school districts have not had the policy in place, where they restrict participation with outside travel clubs, for long enough to feel/ field the results. Most of us middle of the road towns applaud SWest, and the others, and even spectate at their games. Until our school commits to fielding fantastic coaching and year round training, my freshman will have to return coaches calls received through his travel coach.

What about East. They beat West in league play and are now off to Suffolk A Championship, yet people still just talk about West. Guess that will change now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr Suffolk A weak,
What do you have to say for yourself now? If S West can't win a semifinal with 3 all Americans, something smells!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the kids needs no push, why get involved this year daddy coach? Where were you the other years? hmmmmmmmm can't leave it to chance can you ?
I heard that he is completely uninvolved now, so I guess that we will see if the kid suddenly stops ripping it up.

Wait till #2 comes around. But he's already setting that grade up with 91

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

as i understand it you are missing an important element - the dad/coach is also an owner of a pay for play summer team and that some people might feel that kids that pay to play on his team have an unfair advantage on the public high school team.

Unfair because they are scary good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr Suffolk A weak,
What do you have to say for yourself now? If S West can't win a semifinal with 3 all Americans, something smells!

I think I just heard a certain ex SW coach/announcer Weeping and mumbling how does this happen, we have all these all Americans.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand your point. "Some" people are ignorant.wxanba

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr Suffolk A weak,
Oh my gosh, you don't even try to hide your weird crazy napeleonic way! The discussion involved S West's kids at all-American status. You sound strangely unstable. You have done well, now back to the issue.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait till #2 comes around. But he's already setting that grade up with 91
If you choose, see it as a challenge, and have your dweeb (or boy) train harder, to be viable competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
70 points has nothing to do with anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The starting line up at HHH HSW has TWO kids who play on team 91. One defense and one midfielder. There are more on the bench that never see the field unless they are in a situation to put in those kids. So "paying to play" on his team or not really doesnt matter here. The stud kids on that team play elsewhere. Maybe your kid works harder and gets himself on the field that way. Heres a concept that works .... the best kids play varsity and they play to win. Happens everywhere and on every high school team. Instead of being stoked that you have a professional with much knowledge of the game and how to win you want him out ... makes a lot of sense!! Leave the kid and the father alone. It wouldnt matter if he score 70 points or 7 points all season. Hes going to go off to a big program regardless of what happens with his high school career. The kid is a good player and theres not denying that. Hes not some scrub out there on the field not getting it done so stop being that disgruntled parent whos kid didnt stack up to the top kids on the team ... theres always next year to prove yourself or maybe your kid just isnt as good as you think he is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr Suffolk A weak,
Oh my gosh, you don't even try to hide your weird crazy napeleonic way! The discussion involved S West's kids at all-American status. You sound strangely unstable. You have done well, now back to the issue.....

Actually this was an answer to an earlier declaration about how "weak" Suffolk A was, [lacrosse]! Had nothing to do with Stowns unproductive all Americans! The post was meant to prove the point that teams such as Stown East and Sachem North, etc, are great competitive teams in Suffolk A, so easy there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh as for the Rotanz comment have a set and post who you are instead of Stirring the pot with these comments . I forgot did you play on a High school sqaud or a college team that every year repeated and won it all every year . and was dominent every year. every program has great runs and great years , and has a rebuilding year. oh yea last year running clock on West Genny one of the other most storied programs in High school lacrosse . Give it up . again post who you are with your comments or go home or back under your rock.

Good Job by WI today well coached and prepared with young and rebuilding year team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How'd WI Shut Keenan down?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did SN goalie Play, he's good and not in Newsday's Box score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown west should be ashamed of themselves 5 coaches and double digit division 1 players and 3 under Armour all Americans. You can be the greatest practice coach and do great drills but year in and year these guy blows it in every big game. I lean to believe that Rotanz will be the coach there in the near future.

Gross display of coaching and an incredible job by West Islip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 saves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr Suffolk A weak,

Actually this was an answer to an earlier declaration about how "weak" Suffolk A was, [lacrosse]! Had nothing to do with Stowns unproductive all Americans! The post was meant to prove the point that teams such as Stown East and Sachem North, etc, are great competitive teams in Suffolk A, so easy there!

OK, calm easy going one. Your entry truly was just that, non confrontational and maturely rational. Whatever gets you through the day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How'd WI Shut Keenan down?
With defense. shadowed him with a LSM named Prate, MSG Varsity announcer said he is going to NY Tech. Did a good job on him last time they played as well. What was with Newsday coverage ? No photos and small paragraph, but SE-SN game got whole page with photo. Guess the didn't consider possible upset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have mixed emotions regarding the wi/sw results. my son played with team li way back in 4th grade and l got to know some of the sw parents and players. total class act and GREAT kids. l feel they were a state champ team but wi had a better game plan. The idiot parents at sw who scream "he's got nothing" all game got just what they deserve: nothing. pa anouncer is knucklehead. someone beat massapequa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have mixed emotions regarding the wi/sw results. my son played with team li way back in 4th grade and l got to know some of the sw parents and players. total class act and GREAT kids. l feel they were a state champ team but wi had a better game plan. The idiot parents at sw who scream "he's got nothing" all game got just what they deserve: nothing. pa anouncer is knucklehead. someone beat massapequa

In Nassau we say "someone beat Smithtown West" be careful what you wish for Syosset v. Smithtown East/Sachem North would be a good match up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Nassau we say "someone beat Smithtown West" be careful what you wish for Syosset v. Smithtown East/Sachem North would be a good match up
I don't think so. I was at game a few weeks back where Massapequa destroyed Syosset. Looked like they were playing their JV squad. It is playoffs now, so it should be closer but I don't think Pequa will have problem with the Braves. The problem with Massapequa is they played a weak schedule this spring. They haven't had tough games since Garden City and Chaminade which they lost both. Not their fault and they are very deep, but I think Suffolk A teams have the edge because of the completion every week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think so. I was at game a few weeks back where Massapequa destroyed Syosset. Looked like they were playing their JV squad. It is playoffs now, so it should be closer but I don't think Pequa will have problem with the Braves. The problem with Massapequa is they played a weak schedule this spring. They haven't had tough games since Garden City and Chaminade which they lost both. Not their fault and they are very deep, but I think Suffolk A teams have the edge because of the completion every week.

Pequa "destroyed" Syp two years ago in the regular season and Syo beat them for the county championship. It .is never over till it over. Both teams have to show up and play. Hopefully it will be a good clean competitive game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sleeping giant has awaking !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea coverage in Newsday strange since all season big full page photos of SW I- rumor is Newsday reporter family friend of keenan so prob. does not want to show player in less than stellar light. Game plan back fired!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea coverage in Newsday strange since all season big full page photos of SW I- rumor is Newsday reporter family friend of keenan so prob. does not want to show player in less than stellar light. Game plan back fired!
They put a bigger follow-up article in yesterday's paper. My issue is why they haven't published all-division and all-county awardees , just All-LI the last few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On another note. For the New [lacrosse] vs Maryland crowd...two biggest offensive headliners today are Long Island bred and trained. MylesJones and Matt Kavanaugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On another note. For the New [lacrosse] vs Maryland crowd...two biggest offensive headliners today are Long Island bred and trained. MylesJones and Matt Kavanaugh.

One a typical little Long Island kid and the other not so little, which makes it hard to believe he's from Long Island because Long Island kids are small. Haha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One a typical little Long Island kid and the other not so little, which makes it hard to believe he's from Long Island because Long Island kids are small

Don't know about LI kids being "small". I think all areas have players in D1 college programs playing that are big and small. Im a proud LI lacrosse dad of a D1 player so our LI list is impressive of several players that we have heard their names on TV the past few weeks.

Kavanaugh (Chaminade Irish 5'9")
Zenker (Chaminade Duke 6'1")
Jones (Huntington, Duke 6'5")
Kohansky (St.Anthony's, Irish 6'4")
Fowler (Chaminade, Duke 5"11")

Raffa (St.Anthony's, Terps 6'0")
Chanenchuk (St.Anthony's, Terps 5'10")
LoCasio (St.Anthony's, Terps 5'10")
Massa (Huntington, Bryant, 5'11")
Crowley (Pt Washington, Hopkins 5'11")

Schreiber (St.Anthony's, Princeton 6'1")
Pellegrino (Hopkins, 5'8")
Enright (Massapequa, Hopkins 6'1")
Dansigleo (St.Anthony's, UVA 6'0")

You take a shot at our kids that they are small, but yet our LI kids DO IT BIG. Share your list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HHH HSW This is simply a lie. The majority of kids on Varsity are or have been 91 players. The kid is a good player It wasnt 70 points btw more like 60 but its not about the kid Hes fine and would be fine without the dad. NOt a superstar maybe but he would play when his time came on his own. WHy then does the dad coach feel the need to be a part of every tryout or team his son does Bluechip 3d -- he's on sidelines Brine tryouts-- on sidelines. Sorry but he has a vested interest in those events and regardless of his background, it gives a bad impression to be elbow to elbow with the evaluators when your kid is on field and everyone trying to get a fair nod. He always looks out for 91 kids that are on his 2017 91 team He was never involved in coaching those events or this HHH HSW team until his kid was on bc he refuses to give control over his kids to anyone else. Why should a parent be allowed to inject himself into hs sports or college events when their kid is one of players? I agree with the original poster on this. I also agree that there is a better forum/ audience for this, at least for the hs problem. The other teams- well its lesson 101 in politicking If your kid is an underclassman like you say he is. Go and bring it to your AD attention.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am so happy that i am not in your shoes. my son is a senior and i am done with all this. the outlaws never dicked us around like the situation that team 91 is putting you in. good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean like Miles ?
watching some of the MSG varsity highlights of the playoffs, I could not help but noticed that LI has some very small players.

Time to change that water you drink!!

Oh you must mean like, Chanenchuk, Cavanagh, Noble and Wolf? The stars and leaders of the teams still left in NCAA final four. All well under 5'10". Of course 2 of the four are from LI. One from St Ants and the other from Chaminade. I think the water is just fine... Now go console your 6'3" 20 year old HS senior. Hey wait, maybe if you now reclass sonny boy again and do a PG year, Tillman, Danowski, Tierney or Corrigan (all from Long Island) will finally call looking for your now 21 year old. Moron...

The post about Long Island players being small is a tongue in cheek response to the MD poster who said a few pages ago that Long Island players were small and that it was time to change what's in the Long Island water. I would make the bet any day that Long Island had 2x more "impact" players among the final 4 that MD, despite that lack of size ha, ha. Myles must have been born in MD and then moved to Long Island but never sipped water. On a more serious note - anybody know which summer club Myles played for while he was at Walt Whitman? Express, 91, fl$?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am so happy that i am not in your shoes. my son is a senior and i am done with all this. the outlaws never dicked us around like the situation that team 91 is putting you in. good luck.

Really? because I think one Brennan kid is coaching while two are on the WW team! And...they did really well this year also! I do understand where there can be a conflict of interest but, both of these teams have done really well this year. Give me a daddy/brother coach that can coach this well on our HS team anyday! Sorry, it just sounds like sour grapes here!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On a more serious note - anybody know which summer club Myles played for while he was at Walt Whitman? Express, 91, fl$?

A quick Google search yields this. http://forums.insidelacrosse.com/showthread.php?135279-Who-is-Myles-Jones

Page 17 of 29 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard