BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heis full of himself?!!!!! This coming from a yellow jacket clone!!! that is too funny.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why so nasty could it be that your daughter plays for a travel team that is a joke. Their premier team loses to not only one but two teams who are a year younger and all the other age groups are completely non competitive. the parents from both sides felt bad about the team playing in the jv division, they are a local rec team at best .I actually saw the try-outs for the all-stars 2016 team , must have been at least 20 girls there,slim pickens at best .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why so nasty could it be that your daughter plays for a travel team that is a joke. Their premier team loses to not only one but two teams who are a year younger and all the other age groups are completely non competitive. the parents from both sides felt bad about the team playing in the jv division, they are a local rec team at best .I actually saw the try-outs for the all-stars 2016 team , must have been at least 20 girls there,slim pickens at best .

Its your attitude that is a joke, on display here for all to see.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
this person is an [lacrosse]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes that person was somewhat of an [lacrosse] ,yet you have no problem with a guy who posts assanine replies like" only a rumor genius. the numbers are actually down. shut up if you have know idea what your talking about. thankyou. no come back please, dont embarrass yourself any more " .All travel teams seem to have several of these types and I wonder if they post this stuff just to get a rise out of everyone. As far as the yj numbers from what I can tell more teams per age group equates to more kids trying out and at this point no other teams match the numbers they get at yj try-outs.Whether that results in their top level teams improving I have no idea.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seems as if the clown who stated the numbers were down was very wrong, I heard they had over 130 at tryouts today. That being said i hear they are going to do the 2 blue team nonsense. should look great when one blue team is getting beat-up by some of the other travel teams seems silly and honestly i would not want my kid to make the so called blue team that way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the two blue teams isn't that big of a deal....think about the numbers, out of 130 girls I'm sure there were at least two teams worth of worthy blue players. Either way, it was a great turn out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the two blue teams isn't that big of a deal....think about the numbers, out of 130 girls I'm sure there were at least two teams worth of worthy blue players. Either way, it was a great turn out

Two team idea is a horrible idea. If you have 40 kids 20 are better than 20 others. Perhaps the top 5 could interchange with the bottom 5 from team to team. It a money thing, call kids blue they. Stay, drop em to gold, dop the gold down, then kids are looking to go elsewhere. It all about money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess we'll have to disagree, I think it's a great idea and I'm sure it will be a great summer. People still want to wear her jersey or they would go elsewhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two team idea is horrible ,you have one team that is going to be clearly better than the other and if they play each other it will be painfully obvious. Further when you have one of those teams losing to the other clubs top teams it will have an impact on the reputation of the yj blue. In actuality you may have 30 kids at most who "deserve" to be on the blue team with a significant drop-off in skill after that.What you will end up with is 10 -15 of the best kids being annoyed at the move.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Tryouts were very competative with alot of talent. Easily have 40 top kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two team idea is horrible ,you have one team that is going to be clearly better than the other and if they play each other it will be painfully obvious. Further when you have one of those teams losing to the other clubs top teams it will have an impact on the reputation of the yj blue. In actuality you may have 30 kids at most who "deserve" to be on the blue team with a significant drop-off in skill after that.What you will end up with is 10 -15 of the best kids being annoyed at the move.

When do results come out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know they won't be equal? With 22 girls on a roster you can hide 5 or 6 that maybe should be gold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe one team isn't better than the other. Maybe the talent gets split equal. But doing that means niether team is as good as it could be. it does seem like it could all be about the money. My daughter in not on the team they are doing this to, but I would be pissed, at least if she belonged on the better team. Of course I would have no problem if she would be called yellow otherwise. I'm sure its those parents who are okay with this nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they should call the team Navy Blue and Baby Blue..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How do you know they won't be equal? With 22 girls on a roster you can hide 5 or 6 that maybe should be gold."
The rosters will not be that small and I think what they are going to do is elevate the old gold team to make the other so called blue but the better players will still be kept together.That being said I think both teams will be improved with some small roster changes but the former blue team will improve even more than the former gold team. Whwn these two teams played a 25 minute game against each other at the end of the season the score was something like 10 -0 ,so they are not even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How do you know they won't be equal? With 22 girls on a roster you can hide 5 or 6 that maybe should be gold."
The rosters will not be that small and I think what they are going to do is elevate the old gold team to make the other so called blue but the better players will still be kept together.That being said I think both teams will be improved with some small roster changes but the former blue team will improve even more than the former gold team. Whwn these two teams played a 25 minute game against each other at the end of the season the score was something like 10 -0 ,so they are not even close.

If the one team is so inferior to the other (10-0 blow-out reference),then the worse team really should not be called a blue team. What a mess this is, you can't restructure all the girl's and teams down the line without ruffling massive feathers, so let's just call what should be the gold team the second blue team and so on down the line. Seriously the only people that should be happy here is everybody except the kids and parents on the real blue team. They should be very upset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO its just a tough team to break onto. only a few slots open and only one team in each age group. not your typical money making system like other organizations. and people know it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seems as if the clown who stated the numbers were down was very wrong, I heard they had over 130 at tryouts today. That being said i hear they are going to do the 2 blue team nonsense. should look great when one blue team is getting beat-up by some of the other travel teams seems silly and honestly i would not want my kid to make the so called blue team that way.

Dont worry about making it.....as long as you pay the rediculous cost.....you'll make it.!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The dirty little secret is that there are more impact players in D1 lax from yj gold than blue - this is a fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont worry about making it.....as long as you pay the rediculous cost.....you'll make it.!!!
. Everybody needs to calm down. It only affects 2014 blue. If your kid doesn't play for 2014 blue, gold or east then you don't need to worry about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO its just a tough team to break onto. only a few slots open and only one team in each age group. not your typical money making system like other organizations. and people know it.

Yeah, its not the typical money making system, its the ultimate money making system. Two blue teams, thers a sucker born every minute.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not understand the big deal ,the teams will need some distinguishing system ie blue 1 or blue A so really all that is being done is renaming the teams.You are still going to have a top team a number2 team etc and everyone will know the difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. Everybody needs to calm down. It only affects 2014 blue. If your kid doesn't play for 2014 blue, gold or east then you don't need to worry about it.

As a college coach reading this it does not matter to me what any of these club coaches name there teams. I am only looking for athletes that fit the mold for my program. So the team name means nothing. You are all missing the boat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey coach, ther reality is you probably would never waste your time going to some of the tournaments that the C,D and E teams play in. YJ blue and gold play at all the top tournaments and the rest of the teams who knows ( I have never seen them)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last tourney I observed in MD was Primetime and YJ brought 5 Teams. All Named after Beaches. All kids were class of 2013-2014. All from What I can see as origional summer teams Blue, Gold, East, Green, black, purple, pink?

The YJ program showcases ALL kids in the best tourneys. These kids are out there and are noticed.

Dont really understand arguement. I witnessed first hand

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
blue, gold, east - the rest doesn't matter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds about right, 2013 Blue & Gold 2013/14 East and 2014 Blue & Gold, there's your five teams - no Black/Red/Green

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if the coach is a d2 or d3 program they might see some of these teams, but i can't see a d1 coach scouting them

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
if the coach is a d2 or d3 program they might see some of these teams, but i can't see a d1 coach scouting them
Coaches scout players - they do not scout teams. We can cover this in much more detail on the College Forum, but the point you raise is interesting. Given the respect afforded to the Yellow Jackets, do college coaches accept the ranking (Blue, Gold, Others) that has already been done within the program and depend on that ranking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not everyone that plays lacrosse wants D1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds about right, 2013 Blue & Gold 2013/14 East and 2014 Blue & Gold, there's your five teams - no Black/Red/Green

Black and Green kids played with other kids in program for your information

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Coaches scout players - they do not scout teams. We can cover this in much more detail on the College Forum, but the point you raise is interesting. Given the respect afforded to the Yellow Jackets, do college coaches accept the ranking (Blue, Gold, Others) that has already been done within the program and depend on that ranking?

College coaches dont care what she calls the teams or ranks them. They look at kids and figure it out for themselves

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by CageSage

College coaches dont care what she calls the teams or ranks them. They look at kids and figure it out for themselves
We agree. [The question was rhetorical - the point was that since the Yellow Jackets teams are largely attending the same events, the color scheme is of little importance. Ultimately, it comes down to the player on the field being viewed by the college coach. Full stop.]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Team Elevate 2016 figure in the picture? The team finished as first runner up at the T3 fall face-off...losing to Steps by a goal or two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No disrespect ,they should be middle of the pack in this age group in my opinion. Would like to see them go against the top level teams and see how they stack up Until a team their age beats them at a championship tournament yj top team still the team to beat.Suffolk all stars , express next level then liberty t guns,yj blue2 ,and possibly elevate, IMO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the summer season soon approaching what are the top teams, it seems the best tournament will be national draw for this age group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Suffolk county all-stars do not have the most individual talent but practice and work to get better good coach wants to win
2. YJ blue-2 Work very hard coach gets the most out of girls,have been playing and practicing together a lot
3. Yj blue1 Have the most individual talent of any of the teams, many of the girls have been playing varsity for their school teams
4. Top Guns honestly do not know much about them but have not been impressive in the past

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What excuse will the YJ blue team come up with this year when the Suffolk county all- stars beat them again at the all- star express. Seems like that team is a mess already ,wait until they lose again and that team may implode.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HAHAHA....Serious??

SC ALLSTARS needs to play competitive teams if they are so impressive !
They always enter the same tournaments year after year and play the same teams year after year .. How about entering their whole program in true competitive only tournaments and get better by playing tougher teams not B and C teams which thats a YJ favorite. YJ is only one top entity and after awhile that too gets played out. Everyone always basis there program against YJ and Top Guns , get out of that slump goto maryland / Baltimore and play against there best see how you stack up, Its funny that the Top Long Island Girls Programs stay away from Complete Elite only tournaments where there is no set brackets.. Come On Down and see what you are all missing.

What excuse will the YJ blue team come up with this year when the Suffolk county all- stars beat them again at the all- star express. Seems like that team is a mess already ,wait until they lose again and that team may implode.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard