BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 29 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa...Long Island has an excuse for everything...to old, too young, injuries, politics...etc... Let your kid play and if he is good enough, he will play at the next level...or he can drive daddy's Mercedes to Ralley Motors for a wheel alignment

Hate to tell you, but he has his own. BOOM.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NP loses by 7, what an awful year for them. 9 -9 with a bunch of D1 kids on the roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW beats whitman 15-5. SW was just far bigger and stronger and defensively dominate. WW didn't get many shots off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean like Miles ?
watching some of the MSG varsity highlights of the playoffs, I could not help but noticed that LI has some very small players.

Time to change that water you drink!!

Oh you must mean like, Chanenchuk, Cavanagh, Noble and Wolf? The stars and leaders of the teams still left in NCAA final four. All well under 5'10". Of course 2 of the four are from LI. One from St Ants and the other from Chaminade. I think the water is just fine... Now go console your 6'3" 20 year old HS senior. Hey wait, maybe if you now reclass sonny boy again and do a PG year, Tillman, Danowski, Tierney or Corrigan (all from Long Island) will finally call looking for your now 21 year old. Moron...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NP loses by 7, what an awful year for them. 9 -9 with a bunch of D1 kids on the roster

In case you missed it that was a pretty good team they played

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goin start it the Rotanz to Ward Melville as head coach watch is on ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They need something...looked terrible yesterday!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In case you missed it that was a pretty good team they played

Northport coach is mediocre - that is the bottom line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they were a team with way to many injuries at the end of the season from there best player to their upper class players who contributed all season . give it a rest and go bother another team .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh as for the Rotanz comment have a set and post who you are instead of Stirring the pot with these comments . I forgot did you play on a High school sqaud or a college team that every year repeated and won it all every year . and was dominent every year. every program has great runs and great years , and has a rebuilding year. oh yea last year running clock on West Genny one of the other most storied programs in High school lacrosse . Give it up . again post who you are with your comments or go home or back under your rock.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM lost a lot of players to injuries....it happens. they did not look good yestrday. Defense was solid. Offensive side needs help.
un athletic attackman, too small & slow for Suffolk Div 1, & the shooting was terrible. Changing coaches not the answer....players need to find a gym.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they were a team with way to many injuries at the end of the season from there best player to their upper class players who contributed all season . give it a rest and go bother another team .

It hurts uh......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

English please????!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM lost a lot of players to injuries....it happens. they did not look good yestrday. Defense was solid. Offensive side needs help.
un athletic attackman, too small & slow for Suffolk Div 1, & the shooting was terrible. Changing coaches not the answer....players need to find a gym.

Too funny... you have to play with whoever is not injured and that was the coaches pick. Not sure gym can help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where are the all county, state awards listed suffolk county ???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SE showed that SW is beatable! Go WI! I smell an upset brewing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does everyone think about the situation that prevented HHH HSW from making the playoffs. The "head"coach who has been plagued by years of complaints against him to the school district AD yet continues on each year after verbal warnings then lets in a "DADDY COACH" to coach the team this season! What place does a daddy coach have, regardless of credentials, on a public hs team? That is the question of today. This coach only began when his son started playing on the team and the worst part is he advocates for and pushes ahead his money paying team 91 players (of which he is a part owner). It is like the St ANts/Cham Express problem all over again. Parents feel obligated to enroll their sons in team 91 due to the team 91 bias just as ST ants/cham kids knew they had to sign up for Express if they wanted to see a minute on the field. This season it was so flagrant that the daddy coach not only pushed his son ahead of other well deserving players but manipulated the entire line-up to his advantage and pushed the 91 ahead of other deserving players spots. The district even faced a well founded lawsuit over the actions of this daddy coach and his involvement in school lacrosse, starting in middle school when he followed his son there and pushed 91 players to early invitations to jv and varsity off season events. How is he on the sidelines again after the lawsuit. What are people's opinions on parent coaches in hs team. I do not think he is paid so that is not the issue? How do you weigh in on this topic? My son is an underclassman but the writing is on the wall and I was wondering how we go about changing it with an unresponsive AD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does everyone think about the situation that prevented HHH HSW from making the playoffs. The "head"coach who has been plagued by years of complaints against him to the school district AD yet continues on each year after verbal warnings then lets in a "DADDY COACH" to coach the team this season! What place does a daddy coach have, regardless of credentials, on a public hs team? That is the question of today. This coach only began when his son started playing on the team and the worst part is he advocates for and pushes ahead his money paying team 91 players (of which he is a part owner). It is like the St ANts/Cham Express problem all over again. Parents feel obligated to enroll their sons in team 91 due to the team 91 bias just as ST ants/cham kids knew they had to sign up for Express if they wanted to see a minute on the field. This season it was so flagrant that the daddy coach not only pushed his son ahead of other well deserving players but manipulated the entire line-up to his advantage and pushed the 91 ahead of other deserving players spots. The district even faced a well founded lawsuit over the actions of this daddy coach and his involvement in school lacrosse, starting in middle school when he followed his son there and pushed 91 players to early invitations to jv and varsity off season events. How is he on the sidelines again after the lawsuit. What are people's opinions on parent coaches in hs team. I do not think he is paid so that is not the issue? How do you weigh in on this topic? My son is an underclassman but the writing is on the wall and I was wondering how we go about changing it with an unresponsive AD

Sorry to hear your situation. Unfortunately you are not the only district and it is not only travel teams, but happens with summer teams run by high school coaches as well. Would love to learn more about the lawsuit and the conflict of interest between summer ball and school ball. You need to have a strong AD that has integrity and can address the issue when such a conflict exists. Most just turn a blind eye. It is sad that politicking has taken over all sports and no one has to earn their spot anymore on their own merit and not daddy or mommy's connections. I wish you luck but unfortunately it is an uphill battle you are climbing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to hear your situation. Unfortunately you are not the only district and it is not only travel teams, but happens with summer teams run by high school coaches as well. Would love to learn more about the lawsuit and the conflict of interest between summer ball and school ball. You need to have a strong AD that has integrity and can address the issue when such a conflict exists. Most just turn a blind eye. It is sad that politicking has taken over all sports and no one has to earn their spot anymore on their own merit and not daddy or mommy's connections. I wish you luck but unfortunately it is an uphill battle you are climbing.

70 points doesn't warrant your shutting up, you jealous person?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad and oh so true. Our town has some type of hierarchy in place that is disgusting and the AD is but a tool of the politricksters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I sympathize with you. We have the same politics in our town but at least the dad does not coach the team. What does 70 points have to do with anything. As if the wrongs are made right bc of 70 points. It's time to get the politics out of hs sports . and a parent coach has no place on a hs team See the thread about summer conflicts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Contact Newsday would make a good Op Ed!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many towns have parent coaches? Have a been living under a rock? I really never knew this Is the coach a hs teacher?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the kids needs no push, why get involved this year daddy coach? Where were you the other years? hmmmmmmmm can't leave it to chance can you ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HSW There were attack men who have D1 commitments who were moved to different positions so as not to out shine the coach's kid fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WELCOME TO THE EVOLUTION OF LACROSSE , THIS IS NOT THE 80'S , TRAVEL BALL SUPERCEDES TOWN IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME , LIKE IT OR NOT ! LOOK AT THE LONG LIST BETWEEN 91 AND EXPRESS ON COMMITMENTED PLAYERS , THEY CERTAINLY WERE NOT FROM TOWN PERFORMANCE AND ALSO REALIZE THAT MAJORITY OF THE TOWN PLAYERS DO BELONG TO AN UPPER TIER TRAVEL ORGANIZATION.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WELCOME TO THE EVOLUTION OF LACROSSE , THIS IS NOT THE 80'S , TRAVEL BALL SUPERCEDES TOWN IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME , LIKE IT OR NOT ! LOOK AT THE LONG LIST BETWEEN 91 AND EXPRESS ON COMMITMENTED PLAYERS , THEY CERTAINLY WERE NOT FROM TOWN PERFORMANCE AND ALSO REALIZE THAT MAJORITY OF THE TOWN PLAYERS DO BELONG TO AN UPPER TIER TRAVEL ORGANIZATION.

Smithtown West all-americans not on travel teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to Chaminade and Jack Moran (on his 500th win last night). We will get you next year - SA Alum

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown West all-americans not on travel teams!

I wish I had such an issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I sympathize with you. We have the same politics in our town but at least the dad does not coach the team. What does 70 points have to do with anything. As if the wrongs are made right bc of 70 points. It's time to get the politics out of hs sports . and a parent coach has no place on a hs team See the thread about summer conflicts

I am not a fan of the man but

Are you serious? What does 70 points have to do with it!?! - EVERYTHING. That is a very good number. Are those with D1 commitments better than the supposed Daddy coach's son. How many points did those D1 commits get LY. What does politics have to do with it!?!... everything and that is life. I find it hard to believe those who lost their spot didn't politic for this. I also find it hard to believe those that didn't lose there spot did politics for things either. Life is politicking to better yourself.

of course opinion comes into play here, but come on you didn't see this coming.

All I can say is, that town team will be very strong if he continues to push those boys to 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? What does 70 points have to do with it!?! - EVERYTHING. That is a very good number. Are those with D1 commitments better than the supposed Daddy coach's son. How many points did those D1 commits get LY. What does politics have to do with it!?!... everything and that is life. I find it hard to believe those who lost their spot didn't politic for this. I also find it hard to believe those that didn't lose there spot did politics for things either. Life is politicking to better yourself.

All I can say is, that town team will be very strong if he continues to push those boys to 91.

Re-read what you wrote and then ask yourself - is this a conflict of interest? How about teachers who say you must hire me as your tutor if you want an A in my class? Is that any different?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re-read what you wrote and then ask yourself - is this a conflict of interest? How about teachers who say you must hire me as your tutor if you want an A in my class? Is that any different?

Wait, is this Half Hollow Hills West you are talking about? They made the playoffs this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teacher, coach it does not matter. It is a conflict of interest and it should not be permitted. Teachers and coaches should not profit from their students or players especially at public schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hills West has made the playoffs the last few years. They are a young team with many good players and D1 commits. The top kids have been the top kids since they started playing there and have come up big on "points" before this coach even stepped on the scene. I believe this is a complete case of a disgruntled parent who things didn't go the way he wanted for his son. HHH HSW has looked the best it ever has this year. I've seen them play and they dominated games this year. They have kids who can get the job done and they have kids who can put the ball in the cage like the stronger bigger programs. The coaches kid who this person speaks of is a good player in case anyone has not noticed! I think someone is jealous their little johnny didn't get 70 points .... move on already!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As it may be a conflict of interest - but whose interest - the team in getting better. This daddy coach may have paved the way for his son to play. But this child didn't come out of no where. ??Did politics have those other players play last year or was it that there wasn't much competition. Just because you played last year and are a so called D1 commit doesn't mean someone behind you isn't better. What have you done for me lately.

To me if a player scored 70 points then maybe it wasn't the wrong choice. It stinks having those problems.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not have a dog in the fight but I think you would have to be blind not to see the potential conflict of interest. It is not about his boy who is obviously a player and would play with or without dad being a Dad/Coach. The conflict is when another player feels that he is not getting a fair shake because teammates pay a dad/coach to play on the summer team. it does not matter if that is or is not the case, it is a legitimate concern because of the CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How on earth does Kellenberg keep it to a 4 goal game vs. St Anthony's? Unless there is an unwritten thing where the St. Ant's coaches don't want to run it up and embarrass their friend Schwalje, this is a terrible sign for St. Anthony's going into the last Chaminade game.

Not to mention the visit to the woodshed in Darien.

These were ominous signs for St Anthony's that easily predicted last night's thrashing at the hands of the Flyers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hills West has made the playoffs the last few years. They are a young team with many good players and D1 commits. The top kids have been the top kids since they started playing there and have come up big on "points" before this coach even stepped on the scene. I believe this is a complete case of a disgruntled parent who things didn't go the way he wanted for his son. HHH HSW has looked the best it ever has this year. I've seen them play and they dominated games this year. They have kids who can get the job done and they have kids who can put the ball in the cage like the stronger bigger programs. The coaches kid who this person speaks of is a good player in case anyone has not noticed! I think someone is jealous their little johnny didn't get 70 points .... move on already!!!

The kid is a good Player. The dad was there just to coach his son. If you watching during games every time ball went to other side of Midfield, Dad would be giving instructions to only one player(Guess who)- Just not a good situation, but again I will say the kids good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a teacher and this is exactly the reason I would never tutor one of my students. It's a huge conflict of interest!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a few of their games. I did not see that. Maybe you saw that or thought you saw that based on the kid. What I did see is in the bigger games the kid getting hacked away at and never losing possession of the ball and he did pass it off to the other attack to finish it off. The one attackman there was lights out. That kid was big and strong and could put a ball in the cage like no one I've seen in a long time from that program. If you go look at the record and the top scorers you will see that the daddys boy you speak of does not lead the HHH HSW team in goals someone else does and that is the kid I speak of above. The kid is a good all around player and most likely would have had just as an incredible year if his daddy wasnt there. So again, I believe this was a completely disgruntled problem parent who's little Johnny didnt have as good of a season. From what I saw and the stats I have seen in black and white .... not many goals put up by midfield on that team and the midfield with the exception of one kid was just ok. Couldnt get much done in bigger games and forget the defense middies ... they were just all around atrocious!! Im sure those are not committed D1 kids that are being spoken about here. Not all of HHH HSW plays for team 91 so that does not even hold up in this argument!

Page 16 of 29 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard