BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 47 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sour grapes not!!! If the team was picked back in November, than why have try outs and rip people off money!!! Oh and by the way, "connections" count when traveling teams are selected. And if anybody questions this, they are just down right stupid!!! Apparently, you have a kid on the team! Parents feel the need to do whatever they have to, to get one up for their kid. Unfortunately, in the college world it doesn't matter what parents have to offer, what matters are players grades and ability to play. Remember, college coaches aren't volunteers (or paid coaches for the summer), it is their career! They want the "real" thing. So for those coaches who think getting one up for their kid is going to help with college, get over it!!! In the long run, the cream always rises to the top!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is...money is involve!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that last post was the most sound thing I've seen on these boards in years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were coaches doing the evals?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sour grapes not!!! If the team was picked back in November, than why have try outs and rip people off money!!! Oh and by the way, "connections" count when traveling teams are selected. And if anybody questions this, they are just down right stupid!!! Apparently, you have a kid on the team! Parents feel the need to do whatever they have to, to get one up for their kid. Unfortunately, in the college world it doesn't matter what parents have to offer, what matters are players grades and ability to play. Remember, college coaches aren't volunteers (or paid coaches for the summer), it is their career! They want the "real" thing. So for those coaches who think getting one up for their kid is going to help with college, get over it!!! In the long run, the cream always rises to the top!

Maryland, Rochester, D.C. and Virginia all still have their tryouts upcoming. Just go to one of those regions if it is that important. Brine will probably let go in for free. That's what they said when we left the tryout "if you don't make it, your welcome to attend another region for free". The team doesn't meet up before the academy and lord knows you have traveled further for youth lax for less.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland, Rochester, D.C. and Virginia all still have their tryouts upcoming. Just go to one of those regions if it is that important. Brine will probably let go in for free. That's what they said when we left the tryout "if you don't make it, your welcome to attend another region for free". The team doesn't meet up before the academy and lord knows you have traveled further for youth lax for less.

I suggest Maryland. They weren't that good last year. Despite Brine being in their backyard, I think most families opt out or go to Jake Reed instead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can't opt for JR, need to either try out and get invited or get invited outright (direct invites with no tryout not avail for this year 2018 class).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly Freshman Showcase, November 22, 2014. Taking Nominations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I suggest Maryland. They weren't that good last year. Despite Brine being in their backyard, I think most families opt out or go to Jake Reed instead.

Speaking with other families and as a parent whose child is attending JR and Brine, most are not opting out of either but attending both if they have been invited and/or selected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Already says registration full for Philly freshman showcase...Really is non-sense that our teams (both A level travel and competitive HS) don't tell people about this stuff

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking with other families and as a parent whose child is attending JR and Brine, most are not opting out of either but attending both if they have been invited and/or selected.

The original suggest was for boys who missed the Brine cut to go to the Maryland tryout for Brine. Many of the top Maryland/DC players did NOT go to Brine last year and if you look at this year's list many of the tops are not going. On LI different story parents send their kids to EVERYTHING!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Already says registration full for Philly freshman showcase...Really is non-sense that our teams (both A level travel and competitive HS) don't tell people about this stuff

Highly unlikely since you need a recommendation from your High School or Club team coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a 2019 player still 12 for another 2 months, (not going to reclassify), mid 90's student taking Math regents this year.

What should I be preparing for if my son wants to play more competitively. I let him know playing in college is a long shot and a lot of work. He tells me okay, but till then I want to play to be the best.

He is on a top team and a vital part. A few weeks ago the coaches told us to keep an eye out for what the 2018 boys are doing this year. We should be doing the same next year. Seeing my nervousness, he assured me they will let us know what to do. It doesn't only help the player but yes the organization.

As that is all good, Help! Id like to know what and when to expect things. Do I do as much as I can or be selective. My son has been invited to do many different things and have kicked ourselves for not doing them because people said they were money grabs.

My wife asked me the other day what do we need to be prepared for and are we ready. I said I was not sure. Knowing quite well I am not ready. Kind of like when we first had him. Was happy to become a dad but sacred as all [lacrosse]; 2001 was definitely a scary year to remember.

Any help with what happens, when and where, and how do I need to look out for it. I understand this is a blog site and with the good comes the bad and the opinions. I will whittle through the noise. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a 2019 player still 12 for another 2 months, (not going to reclassify), mid 90's student taking Math regents this year.

What should I be preparing for if my son wants to play more competitively. I let him know playing in college is a long shot and a lot of work. He tells me okay, but till then I want to play to be the best.

He is on a top team and a vital part. A few weeks ago the coaches told us to keep an eye out for what the 2018 boys are doing this year. We should be doing the same next year. Seeing my nervousness, he assured me they will let us know what to do. It doesn't only help the player but yes the organization.

As that is all good, Help! Id like to know what and when to expect things. Do I do as much as I can or be selective. My son has been invited to do many different things and have kicked ourselves for not doing them because people said they were money grabs.

My wife asked me the other day what do we need to be prepared for and are we ready. I said I was not sure. Knowing quite well I am not ready. Kind of like when we first had him. Was happy to become a dad but sacred as all [lacrosse]; 2001 was definitely a scary year to remember.

Any help with what happens, when and where, and how do I need to look out for it. I understand this is a blog site and with the good comes the bad and the opinions. I will whittle through the noise. Thanks

1. ignore the 2018 thread
2. have him play on one of the top 2019 teams
3. next fall, usually end of nov, beginning dec, tryout for Brine
4. next winter, around Jan/Feb attend the 3d Jake Reed tryouts
.. if he makes both 3 and 4, that is a great start.
5. Nat175
6. there are several other options, it depends on how much time, effort and monies you are willing to throw away for the various events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5. Nat175
6. there are several other options, it depends on how much time, effort and monies you are willing to throw away for the various events.
Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5. Nat175

Building on the above:
- freshman year grades are critical - make sure he understands this and you as parents stay on him and get him any help necessary
- get him into the Philly Freshman Showcase for Fall of freshman year - most important Fall showcase by a wide margin with the most/highest quality coaches watching
- get him into Maverick Showtime for summer after freshman year (best summer showcase by far, has surpassed Jake Reed in importance)
- get better at lacrosse by himself, get bigger, stronger, faster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As a parent of a 2019 player still 12 for another 2 months, (not going to reclassify), mid 90's student taking Math regents this year.

5. Nat175

info was dead on only think to add is limit TV, XBOX and phone and get him good study habits and ready for SAT/ACT's - I can not tell you how many boys have had their dreams crushed because of grades and SAT's not lacrosse ability

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5. Nat175

Sign ups for 3d Blue Chip is usually mid summer. Get yourself a 3 minute video of the kid to upload for the application. If he does well at Blue Chip....he gets the invite to Jake Reed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5. Nat175

Sign ups for 3d Blue Chip is usually mid summer. Get yourself a 3 minute video of the kid to upload for the application. If he does well at Blue Chip....he gets the invite to Jake Reed.

don't need video for this, you just need to get your club coach to submit names, you should also go online and sign him up on the 3d website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The original suggest was for boys who missed the Brine cut to go to the Maryland tryout for Brine. Many of the top Maryland/DC players did NOT go to Brine last year and if you look at this year's list many of the tops are not going. On LI different story parents send their kids to EVERYTHING!

Right, so those who truly just want to attend the Brine and that's why they were upset, can go the next two weekends to another region. I heard mixed things about Brine, but heard directly from people I know that it is worth it and that the experience is unbelievable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is he taking the Integrated Algebra Regents as a 7th grader?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enjoyed reading positive advice on the blog. I thought the advice was 'spot on'.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5. Nat175

don't need video for this, you just need to get your club coach to submit names, you should also go online and sign him up on the 3d website.

Thank you, after seeing the note I went onto 3d and signed up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, along with PS/ES regents. Mix emotions if we are doing the right thing by accelerating his studies, but as they say there is no book in raising a child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll give you one better:

FIVE (5)Attackman picked for the Long Island Team; why not 6? I'll tell you why not; BAM BAM from 91-Xtreme who didn't show for the second tryout will be awarded that spot which is complete BS. I'm telling you, if that kids gets that 6 attack spot, I'm personally starting a campaign to boycott BRINE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll give you one better:

FIVE (5)Attackman picked for the Long Island Team; why not 6? I'll tell you why not; BAM BAM from 91-Xtreme who didn't show for the second tryout will be awarded that spot which is complete BS. I'm telling you, if that kids gets that 6 attack spot, I'm personally starting a campaign to boycott BRINE.

Boycott? From what? You're obviously not busy that week. You can invite the in-laws over for BBQ for the 4th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's heading for Ivy League lacrosse, he's already 2 years ahead of the regular kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 kids can sign up for that 3d rising in Florida?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, along with PS/ES regents. Mix emotions if we are doing the right thing by accelerating his studies, but as they say there is no book in raising a child.

Sounds like you have a really smart boy on your hands. Will he graduate early? Good for him for being so mature in handling his studies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats up with two teams for Long Island Brine- a new [lacrosse] team and a Long island team on the brine website?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ohhhhhh I'll be busy that week. With ur wife.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

w0w... nice.. Are you for real?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

w0w... nice.. Are you for real?

Busy, she'll be at the Brine watching her son that week...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you have a really smart boy on your hands. Will he graduate early? Good for him for being so mature in handling his studies.

There are a few years between then and now but an early graduation is unlikely. The goal is to get a great foundation of course work before college so he is a leg up in the first years of college. The district is affiliated with a few colleges which allow the students to enhance the HS experience without the early graduation aspect.

He enjoys lacrosse and at this point, has grandiose dreams about playing in college. At what point do schools ask about the student/athletes grades and do they ask about the coursework? Are these questions asked at the showcase events as early as next year.

Thank you for the notes. Please keep them coming. I hope your sons have a great summer before High School. Go LI!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats up with two teams for Long Island Brine- a new [lacrosse] team and a Long island team on the brine website?????

used to be more than that, in past, 2 LI team, 1 NY team and 1 Rochester team. it varies every year based on how far they want to expand beyond the east coast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is a bit strange, they are all from LI. but the breakdown is a bit strange, 8 attack, 7 middies, 6 defense, and 2 goalies, definitely several on this list should not have even been selected. looks like they took the remaining 91, express and fl$ and made them a second team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, you wonder why Brine gets a bad wrap. when they say one thing and then do another that's where they earn the bad wrap. How many times did Joel say there was going to be one team and now BAM! two teams. And even better, no letter or note on the website, just a stealth covert posting of the second team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, you wonder why Brine gets a bad wrap. when they say one thing and then do another that's where they earn the bad wrap. How many times did Joel say there was going to be one team and now BAM! two teams. And even better, no letter or note on the website, just a stealth covert posting of the second team.

I believe he had told the boys that there was a possibility of making 2 teams, they had to figure out what needed to be done without having to add more overall teams. they must have decided to take what was the New [lacrosse] region and make a second LI team. I see nothing wrong with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone find the cost of this little adventure?

Doesn't state it anywhere on the letter.

Seems like you don't find out until you pay the $199 "acceptance fee" and then they will tell you total cost.

Anyone have the answer?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone find the cost of this little adventure?

Doesn't state it anywhere on the letter.

Seems like you don't find out until you pay the $199 "acceptance fee" and then they will tell you total cost.

Anyone have the answer?????

The $199 is the final cost - you have already paid for two tryouts

Page 31 of 47 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard