BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 47 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The list of Alternates is what brought the whole selection process into question.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mine is true 2018 birth date appropriate...Didn't try out for Brine as we didn't even know about that one. It wasn't talked about on club team or among his friends. It seems parents can be pretty tight lipped about these events and try-outs.

He did go to Florida and got an invite to Jake Reed in Maryland.

Can someone please share how Maverick works? Is that only for 2017 and higher or did we miss that try-out? Do you need to go to a website and sign up? all help appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is impossible to do a tryout with unbiased evaluators - anybody that is in the long island lacrosse community is at most two degrees of separation away from every kid on the field. No way to avoid it, understanding that, it is impossible to explain to a kid that was in the final game that not only was not selected for the team or as an alternate but kids not making the final game where on the list as alternates. It was just clumsy on their part and really means nothing unless one of those kids winds up on the teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Its a very sad state of affairs when 91 has their fingers in so many pots. Didn't they have coaches as evaluators at the 3D Blue Chip event also. So they are pulling the strings at two of the premier showcases Jake Reed and Brine. Well doesn't that suck for all non 91 players. Wish what we said here actually had some influence. Maybe, maybe some of the higher ups from these showcase events will read whats posted on these sites and actually learn something. Looks like Brine did and took the alternates down.

Your are probably the same parent who tells their child that they were screwed out of a spot, maybe instead of trying to place blame or make excuses, encourage your child to work harder, learn from the event to work on areas that they feel needs improvement. I guarantee that your child is more honest about the outcome of the tryouts than most of the parents who come on the board to bash the various organization who setup the showcases. Yes 91 coaches did get involved in both Brine Nationals and 3d JR tryouts but so do several other coaches from other clubs. My son does not play for 91 but he will even admit that the players selected are top players. Same happened last year for the North team, but those were Express players, no Express coach was involved last year. I recommend that any 2018 player parent believes their child is at top level, sign up for the NAT175 Individual coming up in July. They added 75 spots and is by recommendation by Coach, HS or Club.

Let's just be happy for the players who made it, cheer them on to do well at Brine Nationals and work to make it next year onto the 2018 team.

You have no clue. You are the parent who feels nepotism is ok. A spot gets taken by a player who should not be on final team. Its obvious better players were over looked and your ok with it. In regards to the kids selected yes they are good. You can ask them they will tell you better kids were left off.

Parenting moment here for you the above poster. Your child plays exceptionally well and happens to be on the same team and line as another player who doesn't play well. They were basically side by side the whole tryout. Its very obvious your son is better player. To the point where parents you dont know tell you how good he looks and he's a shoe in to at least to make final game, but he doesn't get asked to play. He knows how well he did (been training like a dog rain shine through injury etc.) and the other kid played poorly but makes final game. He knows the truth no explanation needed. I also think the kid who was selected knows the truth. Or is daddy blowing sunshine up his skirt and tells him he is the best. This isnt 5th grade anymore players are passing by those players everyone thought were the best. It will continue to happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The blame is fully on him and us for enrolling him in his proper/expected class year. So, I've asked my son to step up and work hard to move his birth date back one year, so he can be like all the other 2017s in the mix here ... err, I mean "2018s" (*wink*).

How many should be 2017's? I only know of 3 or 4.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just got word your son did make the alternates...it was just a typo. Feel better? would your son? Probably not. And guess what? It is totally ok. I was at the tryout I saw a talent level that I seriously doubt would be surpassed by any regional/state/locale team. The talent up and down the board was that good. Does it help that players that were clearly better at the tryout did not make team or showcase game? No, but what sincerely matters is what the first sentence out of your mouth as soon as you got in the car. If you said "I love you, you played great, and I am proud of you" no matter what the turnout was that in itself should be the best part of the experience. If he did make the team he just realized or should, there is a ton of talent out there and it is getting tighter all the time - if he did not make it, make him understand he is this close...and he will be absolutely fine. You are not going to be able to watch your son play Lacrosse forever, make the most of the experiences and enjoy it while it lasts...it is going to go really fast..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is impossible to do a tryout with unbiased evaluators - anybody that is in the long island lacrosse community is at most two degrees of separation away from every kid on the field. No way to avoid it, understanding that, it is impossible to explain to a kid that was in the final game that not only was not selected for the team or as an alternate but kids not making the final game where on the list as alternates. It was just clumsy on their part and really means nothing unless one of those kids winds up on the teams.

No evaluators from Long Island or state that is being evaluated. Solves that problem. There are plenty of great lacrosse minds that could evaluate this and all events. Think about how much money the event organizers make from just holding tryouts for this event. Minimal investment maximum return.

Look at players for what they are not the helmet they wear. Many times just based on assumption a player who wears a certain helmet people will assume he's really good. That player might see a total of 0 min playing time in a tight game on his elite team. But he wears the helmet so he must be good. Not always true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mine is true 2018 birth date appropriate...Didn't try out for Brine as we didn't even know about that one. It wasn't talked about on club team or among his friends. It seems parents can be pretty tight lipped about these events and try-outs.

He did go to Florida and got an invite to Jake Reed in Maryland.

Can someone please share how Maverick works? Is that only for 2017 and higher or did we miss that try-out? Do you need to go to a website and sign up? all help appreciated.

Maverick Showtime is only for 2016s 2017s this year. For 2018s, you need to send an email with background information to showtimelax@gmail.com by mid-August this summer at the latest. Info should include: name, grad year, height/weight, player and parent email, club coach and H.S. coach contact info, accolades/awards, etc. and then either your club or H.S. coach needs to submit a nomination as well. Maverick is the best, most high profile showcase out there right now as Jake Reed is still good but losing some luster with coaches b/c they have expanded the number of kids with 3D process. Philly Showcase is the best event in the Fall get nominations in soon for 2018s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a very sad state of affairs when 91 has their fingers in so many pots. Didn't they have coaches as evaluators at the 3D Blue Chip event also. So they are pulling the strings at two of the premier showcases Jake Reed and Brine. Well doesn't that suck for all non 91 players. Wish what we said here actually had some influence. Maybe, maybe some of the higher ups from these showcase events will read whats posted on these sites and actually learn something. Looks like Brine did and took the alternates down.
Tell your son to pick a different sport, sh-- happens.

Your are probably the same parent who tells their child that they were screwed out of a spot, maybe instead of trying to place blame or make excuses, encourage your child to work harder, learn from the event to work on areas that they feel needs improvement. I guarantee that your child is more honest about the outcome of the tryouts than most of the parents who come on the board to bash the various organization who setup the showcases. Yes 91 coaches did get involved in both Brine Nationals and 3d JR tryouts but so do several other coaches from other clubs. My son does not play for 91 but he will even admit that the players selected are top players. Same happened last year for the North team, but those were Express players, no Express coach was involved last year. I recommend that any 2018 player parent believes their child is at top level, sign up for the NAT175 Individual coming up in July. They added 75 spots and is by recommendation by Coach, HS or Club.

Let's just be happy for the players who made it, cheer them on to do well at Brine Nationals and work to make it next year onto the 2018 team.

You have no clue. You are the parent who feels nepotism is ok. A spot gets taken by a player who should not be on final team. Its obvious better players were over looked and your ok with it. In regards to the kids selected yes they are good. You can ask them they will tell you better kids were left off.

Parenting moment here for you the above poster. Your child plays exceptionally well and happens to be on the same team and line as another player who doesn't play well. They were basically side by side the whole tryout. Its very obvious your son is better player. To the point where parents you dont know tell you how good he looks and he's a shoe in to at least to make final game, but he doesn't get asked to play. He knows how well he did (been training like a dog rain shine through injury etc.) and the other kid played poorly but makes final game. He knows the truth no explanation needed. I also think the kid who was selected knows the truth. Or is daddy blowing sunshine up his skirt and tells him he is the best. This isnt 5th grade anymore players are passing by those players everyone thought were the best. It will continue to happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread makes me laugh!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, you are right, this isn't 5th grade and my son was side by side with the players, but as a for a "parenting moment", seriously, get a life. there were several players who parents were talking about being a shoe in but you obviously haven't figure it out yet, I'll put into simple words for you, parents (that includes you and me) are not the ones who look to see for certain things that stick out in the evaluators' mind. Player may have phenomenal stick skill but constantly misses the cage, who really knows.

All I'm saying is congratulate the players who made it and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got a great idea. Let's post a bunch of BS anonymously everybody!!!!!!!!!!
What losers you people are.
Next complaint is going to be that all the kids picked are all odler and should be in 9th grade.
Pathetic.
How about for once you tip your cap and congratulate the kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the daddy who doesn't know how to use the site. And says "tell your son to play a different sport, sh** happens". Your reply is so well thought out must have taken you a while to come up with that one. Where do I go too far or make no sense in the post. Do tell!

Guess your the guy who buys cleats, helmets and mows lawns. Teach your kid the right way to get on a team. When it all comes down to it a players ability will be exposed good or bad.

My son actually does play other sports and excels at them. Doesn't need me to get him on teams. He earns his spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
people who see their kid get cut and feel that it was unjust have every right to post here, not every kid deserved to make the team and the talent was very good but when you see what went on there particularly with the alternate list and your kid is upset it hurts and ranting anonymously seems like a better way to deal with it then punching someone in the face or kicking the dog.

I rarely go on rants but when I do, I usually do it on BOTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, you are right, this isn't 5th grade and my son was side by side with the players, but as a for a "parenting moment", seriously, get a life. there were several players who parents were talking about being a shoe in but you obviously haven't figure it out yet, I'll put into simple words for you, parents (that includes you and me) are not the ones who look to see for certain things that stick out in the evaluators' mind. Player may have phenomenal stick skill but constantly misses the cage, who really knows.

All I'm saying is congratulate the players who made it and move on.

Regarding get a life. You make the parenting reference in your post when you say "Your are probably the same parent who tells their child that they were screwed out of a spot, maybe instead of trying to place blame or make excuses, encourage your child to work harder, learn from the event to work on areas that they feel needs improvement" that is a parenting moment you refer to.
My son did congratulate all his friends and stayed to watch the whole last game to support those who made it. He has many friends who actually made final team and he congratulated them as I did. It is a small community and people see who the better kids are and also know those who got screwed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look who's calling the kettle black! ( mr. Anonymous)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best part is that a week ago every one was saying that this isn't a showcase and were downplaying the event. Yet... so many upset people. I am soooooooo glad when I logged on it said "SOLD OUT". And when I called I was advised to just go to another region. I did, players were picked, nobody complained, and life went on. Must be our water on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best part is that a week ago every one was saying that this isn't a showcase and were downplaying the event. Yet... so many upset people. I am soooooooo glad when I logged on it said "SOLD OUT". And when I called I was advised to just go to another region. I did, players were picked, nobody complained, and life went on. Must be our water on LI.
From a parent whoe kid went to Brine last summer (2017), it was a fun event but no means a huge deal if you kid doesn't go. Maverick, Jake Reed in the summer and Philly Showcase in the Fall of Freshman year much more important to the recruiting process. Brine is a well-run event, representing your state/area, got first showcase-type event for the biys to get used to before Maverick, Jake Reed, etc. and it is probably modestly helpful of your son getting his name out there. But definately not the end of the world if you kid didn't make it or didn't sign up.I think the parents just go crazy (as evidenced by this Board) as it is the first time kids are selected for something outside of there club teams and there are a lot of emotions with making/not making it (frankly more for the parents probably than the kids unfortunately).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look who's calling the kettle black! ( mr. Anonymous)

Who are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think people were referring to the fact if the Pride of LI is a recruiting event. I believe everyone knows the Brine event is a good recruiting event. Its up there with Jake Reed, Maverick, National 175, Top 205 etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a parent whoe kid went to Brine last summer (2017), it was a fun event but no means a huge deal if you kid doesn't go. Maverick, Jake Reed in the summer and Philly Showcase in the Fall of Freshman year much more important to the recruiting process. Brine is a well-run event, representing your state/area, got first showcase-type event for the biys to get used to before Maverick, Jake Reed, etc. and it is probably modestly helpful of your son getting his name out there. But definately not the end of the world if you kid didn't make it or didn't sign up.I think the parents just go crazy (as evidenced by this Board) as it is the first time kids are selected for something outside of there club teams and there are a lot of emotions with making/not making it (frankly more for the parents probably than the kids unfortunately).

You're right. A lot of these kids have been on A teams since 3rd grade and have never been cut from anything. Being cut is a lot for them to handle. And as parents we get nuts because we see how hurt and disappointed our child is. This board is therapy for that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think people were referring to the fact if the Pride of LI is a recruiting event. I believe everyone knows the Brine event is a good recruiting event. Its up there with Jake Reed, Maverick, National 175, Top 205 etc.
my kid was there last year and this is total crap. See post (mine) a few above from someone whose kid was there. Good, well run event and really fun for the boys but not really a recruiting event unless things are different than last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my kid was there last year and this is total crap. See post (mine) a few above from someone whose kid was there. Good, well run event and really fun for the boys but not really a recruiting event unless things are different than last year.

In my opinion, from another parent parent who went last year, I agree! Well run, a lot of fun for the players to play and meet others from around the states.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parenting Moment? Really Dr. Phil? The problem with your post is that your "opinion" is simply that, "your opinion". If I'm reading correctly, your son did not even make the "showcase" game? So maybe a little introspective reasoning might be a good start that maybe he didn't do as well as "YOU" think he did, or he would have at least had the opportunity to show his talents in the final deciding event. As far as "players passing by those who were thought to be the best"?, let's all just sit back and wait to see if the players who "continue" to dominate prove their "universal" talent when recruiting begins. Best of luck to you and your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son attended Brine last year too and it was a great experience. He was exposed to lacrosse talent from all over the country and it was a great insight. Lacrosse transcends Long Island and when you strip away the team, each player comes to Brine with their own skill and talent. It's up to each player to represent themselves as best as possible and part of that is to learn how to adjust their game to play with different players with different backgrounds. It was as much a maturity and mental game experience as a sheer talent showcase. Our son loved it and it was a terrific for him and I'm happy as parents that we were able to see what he got from it. If you can get into Brine, it's great, hands down, if you don't... work hard because it's worth the experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parenting Moment? Really Dr. Phil? The problem with your post is that your "opinion" is simply that, "your opinion". If I'm reading correctly, your son did not even make the "showcase" game? So maybe a little introspective reasoning might be a good start that maybe he didn't do as well as "YOU" think he did, or he would have at least had the opportunity to show his talents in the final deciding event. As far as "players passing by those who were thought to be the best"?, let's all just sit back and wait to see if the players who "continue" to dominate prove their "universal" talent when recruiting begins. Best of luck to you and your son.

The whole point of this discussion about Brine is the way some not all players were chosen. Explain to me this, how can a player that had a crap tryout really a crap tryout who was on the same line as my son be chosen to play in the final game. He wears a certain helmet can answer that. A few people did mention how well my son played and actually were surprised he wasn't chosen to at least be in the final game. Then another player who also wears a certain helmet wasn't even chosen to be in final game is named an alternate over other players who were in the final game. Please explain.

As for my son I am very proud of the fact he made it this far and he understands on his own that sh** happens. Long Island is a hot bed for lacrosse and people as myself are very passionate about it. When your kid works hard shows well and other kids are chosen for reasons other than their play it leaves a very bad taste in your mouth. As one poster said its better to discuss on the thread than kick the family dog or punch someone in the face. It is just a discussion of some of the things that just didn't sit right with many. I am not the only one who made this observation based on all that is being said about it on the site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most of the problem stems from the staff. why would brine use 2 coaches from 91 to evaluate the teams. because of xtreme coach and the new relationship with the duke coach and the PW guy. it was bias from day 1. so these kids didn't make the team and everyone knows the buddy calls went in that night and then the xtreme kids show on the alternate list.cmon man. you guys are really low lifes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you all venting here? Email Brine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most of the problem stems from the staff. why would brine use 2 coaches from 91 to evaluate the teams. because of xtreme coach and the new relationship with the duke coach and the PW guy. it was bias from day 1. so these kids didn't make the team and everyone knows the buddy calls went in that night and then the xtreme kids show on the alternate list.cmon man. you guys are really low lifes.

So unfair to assume this behavior of the event staff and coaching staff, next you going to start complaining about towns the players are from and how one town has more players than another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The whole point of this discussion about Brine is the way some not all players were chosen. Explain to me this, how can a player that had a crap tryout really a crap tryout who was on the same line as my son be chosen to play in the final game. He wears a certain helmet can answer that. A few people did mention how well my son played and actually were surprised he wasn't chosen to at least be in the final game. Then another player who also wears a certain helmet wasn't even chosen to be in final game is named an alternate over other players who were in the final game. Please explain.

As for my son I am very proud of the fact he made it this far and he understands on his own that sh** happens. Long Island is a hot bed for lacrosse and people as myself are very passionate about it. When your kid works hard shows well and other kids are chosen for reasons other than their play it leaves a very bad taste in your mouth. As one poster said its better to discuss on the thread than kick the family dog or punch someone in the face. It is just a discussion of some of the things that just didn't sit right with many. I am not the only one who made this observation based on all that is being said about it on the site.

I think you are all missing the point here. The team was picked back in November. It didn't matter if your kid did or did not make the "showcase game". Everyone knows who the best players are. Especially all the kids who play with and against them. There should be no sour grapes about the top 23 kids that were picked. Those kids are the best, whether you like it or not. Sorry...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are all missing the point here. The team was picked back in November. It didn't matter if your kid did or did not make the "showcase game". Everyone knows who the best players are. Especially all the kids who play with and against them. There should be no sour grapes about the top 23 kids that were picked. Those kids are the best, whether you like it or not. Sorry...

The best kids were not picked. The team LI goalie should be on that team. Because you wears a 91 helmet doesn't mean your the best. Yes there are great kids on the team but the best were not picked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do understand this is an internet forum. Emailing Brine will get you no where.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do understand this is an internet forum. Emailing Brine will get you no where.

You are getting so much traction here disparaging the whole the process. And if you were able to articulate a thought and gave courteous and respectful feedback, Brine would certainly be receptive. That would be a whole lot more effective than this nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Internet forum: discussion board on the Internet. That is what this site. To discuss our opinions. A good debate I will never run from. Please tell me where I have not given a good articulate response or theory that is so outlandish it has no possibility of being true. There are quite a few who feel the same way I do that they have filled the pages of this forum with their opinions of the faulted process. Here are some examples

1. Players who didn't
participate in first tryout (you know the freezing cold one where all the kids toughed it out in conditions lacrosse should not be played in) A tryout is a tryout you cant be there then you miss the opportunity. Its a life lesson.

2. Players who weren't invited to play in final game named alternates.

3. Having coaches who directly profit from advertising how many of their players make it to showcases be involved in the selection process.

Please enlighten me as to where I dont make sense. I apologize for not being a cunning linguist like you Shakespeare or are you Chaucer reincarnate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Internet forum: discussion board on the Internet. That is what this site. To discuss our opinions. A good debate I will never run from. Please tell me where I have not given a good articulate response or theory that is so outlandish it has no possibility of being true. There are quite a few who feel the same way I do that they have filled the pages of this forum with their opinions of the faulted process. Here are some examples

1. Players who didn't
participate in first tryout (you know the freezing cold one where all the kids toughed it out in conditions lacrosse should not be played in) A tryout is a tryout you cant be there then you miss the opportunity. Its a life lesson.

3. Having coaches who directly profit from advertising how many of their players make it to showcases be involved in the selection process.

Please enlighten me as to where I dont make sense. I apologize for not being a cunning linguist like yourself are you Shakespeare or Chaucer reincarnate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Players who didn't

Please enlighten me as to where I dont make sense. I apologize for not being a cunning linguist like you Shakespeare or are you Chaucer reincarnate.

And with that... Hopefully the next discussion we have about Brine will be in early July talking about which region won.

This debate officially closed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The blame is fully on him and us for enrolling him in his proper/expected class year. So, I've asked my son to step up and work hard to move his birth date back one year, so he can be like all the other 2017s in the mix here ... err, I mean "2018s" (*wink*).

How many should be 2017's? I only know of 3 or 4.

So, if 3 or 4 of the ones you know should be 2017s, that begs the question ... just how many are hold-backs?!?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best kids didn't show as the best that night which is the very point. Just because you are self proclaimed the" best kid", doesn't mean you get a free pass at every tryout. If that happens, shame on Brine and every other organization that doesn't let the "tryout" itself be the defining reason the kids are picked. I was there and some of the 23 kids picked DID NOT show well and should not have been picked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please all understand this entire debate, like all others on this board, is based upon how your child gets effected.

So if your kid was chosen to play, you want everyone to say, this was the best process and brine is the best event and the kids on the team are the best on LI.

If your kid wasn't chosen, you want everyone to say, the process was unfair and some kids that should have been chosen weren't.

then we have the people who are realistic, who don't give this entire subject much thought, but those people are likely not in the majority as it is human nature to protect and promote our own children.

the truth is somewhere in the middle. many of the right kids were chosen, many were not and of course there are politics in the process, just like every other aspect of life. You should all also remember, there are lots of kids that are very good that didn't try out for this team for whatever reason, lack of knowledge, time conflicts or value.

Brine is a nice thing to put on your lax resume but it is not a recruiting event, those events start in a few weeks. So, if your kid goes to JR and the colleges start calling, then you know your kid is the real deal. If those colleges don't call, tell your kid to work harder for next year as the college coaches aren't employed by 91, LIE, Crabs...So no one can claim their kid is best or their kid wasn't given fair shake---that is where the process gets fair...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please all understand this entire debate, like all others on this board, is based upon how your child gets effected.

So if your kid was chosen to play, you want everyone to say, this was the best process and brine is the best event and the kids on the team are the best on LI.

If your kid wasn't chosen, you want everyone to say, the process was unfair and some kids that should have been chosen weren't.

then we have the people who are realistic, who don't give this entire subject much thought, but those people are likely not in the majority as it is human nature to protect and promote our own children.

the truth is somewhere in the middle. many of the right kids were chosen, many were not and of course there are politics in the process, just like every other aspect of life. You should all also remember, there are lots of kids that are very good that didn't try out for this team for whatever reason, lack of knowledge, time conflicts or value.

Brine is a nice thing to put on your lax resume but it is not a recruiting event, those events start in a few weeks. So, if your kid goes to JR and the colleges start calling, then you know your kid is the real deal. If those colleges don't call, tell your kid to work harder for next year as the college coaches aren't employed by 91, LIE, Crabs...So no one can claim their kid is best or their kid wasn't given fair shake---that is where the process gets fair...

100% accurate post! It's why none of this debate means anything. Once you get the politics out of the way, the true best kids (brine players or non) will be chosen by the coaches. The coaches will choose those player who's skills best fit their program. Look, as a coach told me with my older son, "there are about 60 top recruits every year (nationally) that every D1 program wants hands down." The rest of the kids are choices that make the best sense for the individual program needs.
This 2018 class is very talented. You have the top 3 A teams and everyone knows who they are, then you have about 4 or 5 other teams that could battle it out for the 4th spot on any given day. Those 4 or 5 teams top 6 or 7 kids can easily run with the talent on the top 3 A teams. Point is, that makes for a very large pool of talent at the top end of this class. In my humble opinion, you will see many D1 recruits from this pool over the next 12-36 months. You will also see plenty of these kids going to great D3 schools as well.
I think the moral of the story here is, RELAX... There will be plenty of opportunity to play NCAA Lacrosse for the above mentioned group. Good luck to all, try and enjoy the journey, you'll blink one day and all of a sudden these kids will be looking for jobs in the real world..... All of this will be a blur.

Page 30 of 47 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard