BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
must been alot of celebrating going on at SE this past weekend, falling to Bayshore 11-6!

Where were those 9th and 10th graders?? Just saying...

Face off was 18/20 Smithtown (10th grader), but somehow the offence couldn't get the ball in! Bayshore defense very good.

If East wants to advance, they will have to be consistent! Many players hot one game, cold the next.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade needs to evolve, or the will fade. With the current early recruiting climate, the top freshman and sophomores need to be seen playing varsity in order to lock in the best scholarship offers. Fact!

Fact? Not sure you are right about Chaminade's need to evolve. The 2017 Chaminade class is stacked and the incoming 2018 class is stacked too - they all know that Chaminade does not bring freshmen or sophomores up to varsity (with 2 exceptions that I know of where sophomores were brought up) - and yet they still go.

Chaminade kids will be recruited thru express head coach has been there forever and there is no need to change a thing all schools know the deal

Chaminade kids play mostly fl$ in the summer, not Express. fl$ practices are more central from a location standpoint.

Chaminades top commits play for express. Chaminade does not have to change. Kids know going in that they will not play varsity till their junior year.They can stay at the public school if they want to play varsity. Kids go private for structure and that comes with rules. Period

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is old news...3 years ago we were hearing about how great 2015 will be...broken record...in my sons highschool all I hear about is how good the 2019 class is going to be. Its a repeated behavior over and over again by parents that have no clue and think somehow that an undefeated p.a.l. season in the 6th grade somehow translates into a state championship some 6 years later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is old news...3 years ago we were hearing about how great 2015 will be...broken record...in my sons highschool all I hear about is how good the 2019 class is going to be. Its a repeated behavior over and over again by parents that have no clue and think somehow that an undefeated p.a.l. season in the 6th grade somehow translates into a state championship some 6 years later.
yeah but I saw that 2020 Farmingdale P.A.L. Squad. They are wickedly skilled. Definitely moving off the island after the L.I.C. win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah but I saw that 2020 Farmingdale P.A.L. Squad. They are wickedly skilled. Definitely moving off the island after the L.I.C. win.

Best player is a 2019 re-classified and shouldn't even be a 2020, it is so unfair and I hear the stud middie is going to Kellenberg

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Tomorrow we can drive around this town
And let the cops chase us around
The past is gone but something might be found
To take its place...hey jealousy"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possible UPSET today in NASSAU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is a possible upset every time a game is played... Giants Patriots Superbowl for example... ah the good old days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New question! I would appreciate if someone knows how this works.

When are all county players selected and what is the process?
Also any info on all-american selection would be appreciated.

Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade needs to evolve, or the will fade. With the current early recruiting climate, the top freshman and sophomores need to be seen playing varsity in order to lock in the best scholarship offers. Fact!

Fact? Not sure you are right about Chaminade's need to evolve. The 2017 Chaminade class is stacked and the incoming 2018 class is stacked too - they all know that Chaminade does not bring freshmen or sophomores up to varsity (with 2 exceptions that I know of where sophomores were brought up) - and yet they still go.

Chaminade kids will be recruited thru express head coach has been there forever and there is no need to change a thing all schools know the deal

Chaminade kids play mostly fl$ in the summer, not Express. fl$ practices are more central from a location standpoint.

Chaminades top commits play for express. Chaminade does not have to change. Kids know going in that they will not play varsity till their junior year.They can stay at the public school if they want to play varsity. Kids go private for structure and that comes with rules. Period

There is no "rule" that says Freshman and Sophs can't play varsity at Chaminade. And even if there was, rules are made to be broken. You watch, this "philosophy" will change over the next couple of years. Bet on it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no "rule" that says Freshman and Sophs can't play varsity at Chaminade. And even if there was, rules are made to be broken. You watch, this "philosophy" will change over the next couple of years. Bet on it.

The paying customers are going to start demanding it so it will eventually happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Latest Under Armour/Inside Lacrosse Rankings as of May 7 make no sense to me:

Northeast

1. Massapequa (N.Y.), 11-2

2. Smithtown West (N.Y.), 12-1

3. Salisbury (Conn.), 9-2

4. Avon Old Farms (Conn.), 12-1

5. Greenwich (Conn.), 10-1

6. Garden City (N.Y.), 12-2

7. Chaminade (N.Y.), 9-2

8. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.), 10-3

9. Yorktown (N.Y.), 10-3

10. Taft (Conn.), 10-1

Massapequa lost to both Chaminade and Garden City but are ranked ahead of both teams. Chaminade lost to Yorktown and is ranked ahead of them. Smithtown West with 1 loss by 1 goal to rival East is ranked below Massapequa with 2 losses. Huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell a head coach your son has to play because daddy paid to send him there I am sure they will bow to you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for Chaminade....the truth hurts......none of the freshman are good enough to make varsity !!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks!

Anyone??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for Chaminade....the truth hurts......none of the freshman are good enough to make varsity !!!!

Agreed. You 2017 parents have to get a grip. The world does not revolve around your little princes. What makes you think you know more than the coaches? They have been there a lot longer than you and will likely be there when your kids graduate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh boy, here come the Barbarians trying to knock down the gate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pi

Thanks!

Anyone??

On the girls side of things. The girls coaches submitted names for all American to section 11 last week. Now the head coaches look over the names and vote on who gets it. I'm sure it works the same on the boys side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Latest Under Armour/Inside Lacrosse Rankings as of May 7 make no sense to me:

Northeast

1. Massapequa (N.Y.), 11-2

2. Smithtown West (N.Y.), 12-1

3. Salisbury (Conn.), 9-2

4. Avon Old Farms (Conn.), 12-1

5. Greenwich (Conn.), 10-1

6. Garden City (N.Y.), 12-2

7. Chaminade (N.Y.), 9-2

8. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.), 10-3

9. Yorktown (N.Y.), 10-3

10. Taft (Conn.), 10-1

Massapequa lost to both Chaminade and Garden City but are ranked ahead of both teams. Chaminade lost to Yorktown and is ranked ahead of them. Smithtown West with 1 loss by 1 goal to rival East is ranked below Massapequa with 2 losses. Huh?
Have to agree with you. I have seen Massapequa play a few times this year as I have a relative on the team, but they shouldn't be ranked # 1. They played both Garden City and Chaminade tough and close but still a loss is a loss. The rest of their schedule has not been challenging at all. They should win the county title again easily as Nassau A is very weak. They are a very deep team but I think their non-challenging schedule will come back to hurt them against the eventual Suffolk A champ. They haven't played a worthy opponent since early March. Suffolk A is so much more challenging. This is why they are better prepared to move on to the states. I think if you removed Massapequa from Nassau A this year, and replaced them with any of the top 8 Suffolk teams, any of those Suffolk teams would win Nassau.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's gonna win today?

Northport vs Whitman
Hills East vs West Islip
Hills West vs Ward Melville
What does everyone think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
16-2...you were really ready for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's gonna win today?

Northport vs Whitman
Hills East vs West Islip

NP 12-10
WI 7-5 If Hills Plays Zone all game- If Not 11-9 WI
HW Another 1 goal Game 8-7

But I will say they are all coin Flips

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, time to shake things up a bit on Hempstead Tpke. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Next year will be interesting on this front - trust me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade visits St. Anthonys tonight at 7.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's gonna win today?

Northport vs Whitman
Hills East vs West Islip

NP 12-10
WI 7-5 If Hills Plays Zone all game- If Not 11-9 WI
HW Another 1 goal Game 8-7

But I will say they are all coin Flips

Well, the LI (Lax) Medium you are not...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pi

Thanks!

Anyone??

On the girls side of things. The girls coaches submitted names for all American to section 11 last week. Now the head coaches look over the names and vote on who gets it. I'm sure it works the same on the boys side.

Thank you! I thought they would wait till the end of the regular season to make this decision. I also wasn't sure if post season would have an impact?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whitman with a great 4 th Qtr comeback. It was a very bad called game . Then to top it off the Northport coaching staff asked for a classless stick check after a goal cause why. Ooooo cause Whitman just scored the tying goal and was controlling play. Props go out to the Whitman goalie for being outstanding between the pipes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, time to shake things up a bit on Hempstead Tpke. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Next year will be interesting on this front - trust me.

Change is coming in more ways than just this topic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard NP Blew a 4 goal lead in 4th Quarter to WW- Any one at game with details??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whitman with a great 4 th Qtr comeback. It was a very bad called game . Then to top it off the Northport coaching staff asked for a classless stick check after a goal cause why. Ooooo cause Whitman just scored the tying goal and was controlling play. Props go out to the Whitman goalie for being outstanding between the pipes.

Whitman Goalie was off the charts in 2nd half-

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there . It is true.Not Up 4. Whitman stepped it up and Goalie for Whitman was straight up Outstanding keeping them in the game. Big save after big save.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't say they blew the lead, Whitman just shut them down in the 4th. It was 10-6 npt to start the 4th, whitman face guy, dpole, frustrated the npt guy to no end. Whitman never gave up, relentless def and riding, goalie had a great game. Great finish with whitman scoring 2 in the last minute or so and playing some awesome def down the stretch. Outscored them 6-1 in the 4th. Both teams gave it all. Great game to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Brennan brothers (Attack and Goalie) were absolutely incredible. Goalie had huge saves down the stretch and attackmen is all over the field. Made excellent play to tie the game. Watched the game as an outsider and was a great game and great comeback.

It is going to be a great playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta love the grandiose statements with no solid facts. Meaningless unless they are backed up with details. Otherwise, save the keystrokes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony's over Chaminade last night 8-7. Game winning goal was scored with 27 seconds left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe if Cham brought up some of the youngins, they would not have lost last night!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe if Cham brought up some of the youngins, they would not have lost last night!

Youngins need more time. They beat JV Friars yesterday with smart, game screeching ball holding and weak testicular fortitude. Wouldn't play well at varsity level. I think the seniors pranked them by putting estrogen in the soap dispensers in the showers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta love the grandiose statements with no solid facts. Meaningless unless they are backed up with details. Otherwise, save the keystrokes.

What the coach is retiring? That's not new news is it? The when is the question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hills e/w/Whitman/Northport/Bay Shore. Which of those don't you want to face. Looks like they may face each other.

Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard