BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are you talking about? Do you have a clue?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares its youth lacrosse !!!!!!!! My son whet to a top 20 univeresity never played a day in his life. Do u really think that what club your daughter plays with is going to determine where she goes to college. let the kids play for fun and study for college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the list is short.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the list is completely false and LOADED WITH YJ PLAYERS when did they play for you in 3rd grade!! THEY HAVE EXPRESS kids on this list too. WHAT A JOKE

You should be ashamed of yourself!!

THIS IS WHY YOU ONLY HAD 49 KIDS AT YOUR TRYOUT

BOTH ANDERSONS EXPRESS
FEY EXPRESS
WIEDERKUHR EXPRESS

SEVERAL MORE NO SURE

FITZGERALD YELLOW JACKETS
LIZZIE MARTIN YELLOW JACKET FOLKS OWNERS KID
BRITTANY DAVIS YELLOW JACKETS
BRITTANY DELEA YELLOW JACKETS
KAITLIN ROCHLER YELLOW JACKETS
GABI WEIGAND YELLOW JACKETS
NAN MAYOTT YELLOW JACKETS

SO AFTER WE TAKE OFF HALF THE LIST YOU HAVE NOT MUCH TO SPEAK ABOUT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
the list is completely false and LOADED WITH YJ PLAYERS when did they play for you in 3rd grade!! THEY HAVE EXPRESS kids on this list too. WHAT A JOKE

BOTH ANDERSONS EXPRESS
FEY EXPRESS
WIEDERKUHR EXPRESS

SEVERAL MORE NO SURE

Not ashamed of myself one bit. I told you, My daughter does't belong to allstars, don't know much about them. All I provided was a cut and paste list from the allstar website. How they came up with that list I haven't a clue. I think you as a yellow jacket supporter need to relax, it's that aggressive yj parent attitude that is so prevalent on these message boards that give you guys a bad reputation.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THE TRUTH IS HARD TO SWALLOW I AM EXPRESS NOT YJ YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A CLUE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THE TRUTH IS HARD TO SWALLOW I AM EXPRESS NOT YJ YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A CLUE

Why is hard to swollow? I could care less. Just scratch out "yj parent" in the comment and insert your name and your all set.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to allstar parents: get your coach to do some real tournaments, then you will see how you stand up against real competition.

To YJ parents: the allstars do go to "real tournaments", and when your team sees the allstars again, my guess is the YJs will lose.....again. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTH ANDERSONS EXPRESS
FEY EXPRESS
WIEDERKUHR EXPRESS

SEVERAL MORE NO SURE

No need to yell, YJ parent. You are getting WAY too excited. I can only imagine what you are like on the sideline when your team is losing. And you wonder why the YJs have their reputation? Just look at the way the (some, not all)parents act on the board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is allstars a fraud?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"Do u really think that what club your daughter plays with is going to determine where she goes to college"
You would be foolish to think if your daughter planned on playing lax in college that who she plays for would not have an impact on where she would go to college. The exposure and ability to play with girls of differing abilities from club to club varies greatly.Yes scholarships are more scarce than most seem to believe however there are many who thru the help of interested coaches have gotten into schools they may not have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sectionxi,
I do understand that players of a high level must play at that level to both improve and enhance their chances of playing at the next level. With that said a D1 player is a D1 player regardless of which club they represent. I have a hard time believing that these type of players will not end up where they want regardless of if they play for yj or any of the other quality clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
No need to yell, YJ parent. You are getting WAY too excited
If what they are asserting is true and the all-star website is misleading at best then they should be yelling.Not saying that what they are accusing all-stars of is true I have no first hand knowledge of such.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I guess we will just agree to disagree.I do not believe that a D1 player is Born but is made . A part of the making is seeking the best competition ,getting good training, self motivation etc...Further being part of an organization that may have more college contacts then the others will definately help with some schools . It may even work in the opposite in that there may be schools that with everything else being equal would prefer a kid from one organization and not others.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by sectionxi
I do not believe that a D1 player is Born but is made.
At some point, there is both inate athletic ability and training that hones that ability. Successful NCAA Division I players usually have both attributes.
A part of the making is seeking the best competition ,getting good training, self motivation etc...Further being part of an organization that may have more college contacts then the others will definately help with some schools.
Contacting college coaches proactively and inviting them to see you play at a showcase event is substantially more important to recruitment success than waiting on the club's reputation to attract coaches to the field. One obvious flaw in depending on the club exclusively for recruitment is revealed when your interest list universities do not see you play at an event as you did not invite them and show personal interest in that college's program.
It may even work in the opposite in that there may be schools that with everything else being equal would prefer a kid from one organization and not others.
College coaches will NEVER choose a player based on the club team for which that player plays. While a club recommendation might get a coach to the field to see a player, that player will always be evaluated in their own context, not within the team's context. Regadless of NCAA sport, state, region, or affiliation : college coaches evaluate players since come August/September after your High School Graduation, everything else is history including your club experiences.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone from All Stars tell me where do your kids go to college from your program? Do you have an alumni list? Who is your recruiting liason?

I'm not involved with the all-stars at all, but this info was easily available so I figured I would help you out. It's an impressive list. Currently I recognize that Erin Fitzgerald is on the list, she plays for 6 or seven time(forget how many titles they have at this point) NCAA DivI champs- Northwestern and is the second leading goal and points scorer on that team behind Shannon Smith, who lead the nation in all those catagories. (see alumni list below)

All Star
College
High School

Kristen Anderson
Rutgers University
Shoreham Wading River HS

Liz Fey
Duquesne University/Adelphi
Kings Park HS

Lindsay Daly
Stevens Institute of Technology
St Anthony's HS

Stephanie Anderson
Rutgers University
Shoreham Wading River HS

Christine Eichner
Kings Park HS

Tina Fey
UMASS Amherst
Kings Park HS

Erin Fitzgerald
Northwestern University
Mt Sinai HS

Lizzie Martin
Smithtown HS West

Alycia Caravousanos
Pfeiffer University St Anthony's HS
Kelly Dean
Sacred Heart University
Westhampton HS

Samantha Donaghy
Smithtown HS West

Rebecca Durkin
Islip HS

Shannon Fabiani
Bayport-Blue Point HS

Kellyn Tramposch
Islip HS

Kirsten Tramposch
Islip HS

Alexandra Franck
Muhlenberg
Shoreham Wading River HS

Brie Claire Drost
C. W. Post
Shoreham Wading River HS

Brittany Davis
Delaware/Rutgers
Shoreham Wading River HS

Brittany DeLea
Yale
Shoreham Wading River HS

Erica DeVito
Adelphi
Shoreham Wading River HS

Jane Moldovan
Quinnipiac
Shoreham Wading River HS

Kaitlin Rochler
Oregon/Sacred Heart
Shoreham Wading River HS

Kathleen Wallace
Dartmouth
Shoreham Wading River HS

Rachel Wiederkuhr
Ohio State
Shoreham Wading River

Chelsea Malloy
Central Conneticut
Kings Park HS

Courtney Acker
Adelphi
Bayport HS

Emily Cilla
Lock Haven
Kings Park HS

Gabby Wiegand
Richmond
Bay Shore HS

Jamie Romano
Marist
Kings Park HS

Nicole Moran
Stony Brook
Lindenhurst HS

Kerry Stoothoff
Loyola
Bayport HS

Kim Sandtory
Albany
Centereach HS

Mackenzie Baker
Bryant
Bayport HS

Morgan O'Reilly
UCONN
Sayville HS

Nan Mayott
C. W. Post
Islip HS

There are more coming out in the next few weeks as 5-6 have verbally committed to colleges. More to come after the 5-6 as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTH ANDERSONS EXPRESS
FEY EXPRESS
WIEDERKUHR EXPRESS

SEVERAL MORE NO SURE

If you knew any of these girls personally, and I know you don't, they may have started with those clubs...but LEFT because of people like you and the attitudes you have. Those "other clubs" like to play mind games and pit people against each other. So, you leave and have a great experience over at brand X.
They were and are great players with or without your club.!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTH ANDERSONS EXPRESS
FEY EXPRESS
WIEDERKUHR EXPRESS

SEVERAL MORE NO SURE

If you knew any of these girls personally, and I know you don't, they may have started with those clubs...but LEFT because of people like you and the attitudes you have. Those "other clubs" like to play mind games and pit people against each other. So, you leave and have a great experience over at brand X.
They were and are great players with or without your club.!

I can attest to this post.....been there myself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to give credit to the all-stars at the 2016 age group they seem to play all- year together which I think gives them a big advantage come tournament season. Did not know the final outcome but it looked like they were handling a yj team at stony brook this weekend, I heard it was the blue yj team.That being said I think the top level travel teams should be playing at least 1 year up in age when playing against town or school teams ie 2016 travel teams should be playing jv division. I have seen the tg 2019 teams playing town teams at in line at their own age ,not competitive games at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to give credit to the all-stars at the 2016 age group they seem to play all- year together which I think gives them a big advantage come tournament season. Did not know the final outcome but it looked like they were handling a yj team at stony brook this weekend, I heard it was the blue yj team.That being said I think the top level travel teams should be playing at least 1 year up in age when playing against town or school teams ie 2016 travel teams should be playing jv division. I have seen the tg 2019 teams playing town teams at in line at their own age ,not competitive games at all.
Yellow jackets 2017 blue team beat all stars, not sure final score but I think Yj won by 2 or 3 points. So maybe they shouldn't Play up because that would mean playing teams like Yj 2015 blue or gold and that would be a slaughter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The all stars lost to the yj17 blue team. yj16 did not have a team entered and the yj17 team was split into two separate teams because of the 7 v 7 format. First half of the alphabet was one team and the second half was the second blue team. All stars played both teams and lost. Not sure how they did against the other teams. Not looking for an argument just stating what it was. It was a beautiful day for lacrosse...except for when the cops were called because some parents wanted charges brought against a varsity player for apparently elbowing their daughter in the face. Not sure of the outcome of that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only YJ team All Stars Beat was YJ 2018 team, 2 years younger than them!! and they did not win by many

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The top teams in theis age group are???"
For all the all-star parents who were so vocal that a win is a win no matter what the format or what time of year it is that has to hurt just a little. Loosing to the younger divided yj team .....ouch! How come no one comes on here complaining that the all-stars are playing down in age if the yj 2016 gold team played that schedule they would have been ripped apart for it ,yes I realize they were actually playing age appropriate although it seems they did not play any teams their age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 allstars lost to yj17 blue and yj17 blue twice???? allstar coach thinks he has a team, guess not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to 16 allstars for beating the crap out of 17/18 topguns. way to go tomas

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey 16 allstars, there is a 3rd grade team from Speonk, that you might want to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow- you people are pathetic. Nothing better to do but wait to pounce with your negativity. You should be ashamed of yourselves. From what I have heard that coach is a stand up guy who is nothing but positive with his team and his coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow- you people are pathetic. Nothing better to do but wait to pounce with your negativity. You should be ashamed of yourselves. From what I have heard that coach is a stand up guy who is nothing but positive with his team and his coaching.
. Can't stand the heat don't post in first place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Toomas is a great guy and does great things for those girls. I am a YJ parent and enjoy playing against his and Lisa's team. You really need to calm down people. And for the comment about playing up, down, sideways, whatever, the tourney would not allow ANY playing up. You played in your age group and there's was JH. Calm yourselves! Why attack Toomas? I assure you he's not on these boards bashing other teams, if you want to banter back and forth with the spirited parents that visit these boards, go right ahead, leave the coaches out of it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so lets go one step further.all stars 16 beat yj16 blue and just managed to beat yj18 blue so we can now say the yj18 blue team would beat the yj16 bl team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Toomas is a great guy and does great things for those girls. I am a YJ parent and enjoy playing against his and Lisa's team. You really need to calm down people. And for the comment about playing up, down, sideways, whatever, the tourney would not allow ANY playing up. You played in your age group and there's was JH. Calm yourselves! Why attack Toomas? I assure you he's not on these boards bashing other teams, if you want to banter back and forth with the spirited parents that visit these boards, go right ahead, leave the coaches out of it
I don't think anyone mentioned the coach u calm down we know he is a Saint relax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go back a couple of posts and you will see "Tomas" name and that is the only reason I posted about it. It's so negative all the time on here. doesn't anyone have anything positive to say about any thing. There is absolutely no respect for anyone and any team...very sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go back a couple of posts and you will see "Tomas" name and that is the only reason I posted about it. It's so negative all the time on here. doesn't anyone have anything positive to say about any thing. There is absolutely no respect for anyone and any team...very sad.
. Aww u are right. Let's all be friends!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
. Aww u are right. Let's all be friends!
Note that nothing posted from the moderators and most registered users will be negative - it might be forceful and bold, but certainly not negative on the kids or the sport itself. While folks do not want to think about the real issue, BOTC is a reflection of the attitudes and thoughts that exist among the parents on the sidelines of your weekend games. If you want to raise the overall game, become a registered user, develop a BOTC personality for being upbeat about the game, and over time, the emotion changes. All you have to do is become a registered user and start sharing your perspectives. It really is that simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed that the coaches should not be specifically called out but I did not see any all-star parent state that when they go after the yj coaches .As far as not letting teams play up in age that is completly false, we played in the jv division with a team of 8th graders and a few 7th graders . What age did scas play keeping in mind that they played a 6th grade yj team who I do not believe are considered a junior high age group.Once again I do not place much importance to the outcomes of games unless it is a championship format during the travel season but if you are going to get all pumped up about a win in showcase events then you have to accept what comes when you loose to multiple younger teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"so lets go one step further.all stars 16 beat yj16 blue and just managed to beat yj18 blue so we can now say the yj18 blue team would beat the yj16 bl team."
What exactly is the purpose of this nonsense. Lets just assume that the new 2016 all-stars team will be barely competitive even if they played down a year but would have a good chance if they dropped down 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The top teams in theis age group are???"
For all the all-star parents who were so vocal that a win is a win no matter what the format or what time of year it is that has to hurt just a little. Loosing to the younger divided yj team .....ouch! How come no one comes on here complaining that the all-stars are playing down in age if the yj 2016 gold team played that schedule they would have been ripped apart for it ,yes I realize they were actually playing age appropriate although it seems they did not play any teams their age.

Aaaaaaaaaaaa small fields, they would never keep up on a large 11 v 11 field. sorry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be sorry, I have no problem with people expressing an opinion . My problem is that if a yj parent states a fact about the format of a tournament and how they feel it impacted the outcome of a game they are making excuses but if any other club parent does this then its okay. Only a rumor but i hear that with all the clubs popping up it has not hurt the numbers trying out for yj at all this year and that at the 2016 age it will be a large number of girls trying out with some whole existing town teams trying out who have not done so in previous years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just like you said, only a rumor genius. the numbers are actually down. shut up if you have know idea what your talking about. thankyou. no come back please, dont embarrass yourself any more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tomas is full of himself... get real

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply