BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 83 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by baldbear
Be careful of power rankings as it has a lot to do with who you play. Having said that, Mt Sinai would do just fine against any team in Suffolk.
my child has played against Mt Sinai and I couldn't agree more with this post, Mt. Sinai, Sayville, Westhampton, Huntington ESM could all give the top D1 schools a run for their money. How come Farmingdale (D1 school ) lost to Darien while Manhasset D2 school beat them. So much for the theory of D2 being weaker then 1

you can include Bayport to that list! BTW they beat EI pretty soundly!
that's a pretty fun quote Bayport being included in this list for beating a 4-7 team soundly...by 4 goals!! Nice try Bayport parent when you beat teams like Sayville, Mt Sinai, West Hampton and ESM then you can maybe be considered

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Be careful of power rankings as it has a lot to do with who you play. Having said that, Mt Sinai would do just fine against any team in Suffolk.
my child has played against Mt Sinai and I couldn't agree more with this post, Mt. Sinai, Sayville, Westhampton, Huntington ESM could all give the top D1 schools a run for their money. How come Farmingdale (D1 school ) lost to Darien while Manhasset D2 school beat them. So much for the theory of D2 being weaker then 1

Manhasset and Farmingdale both Nassau Conference I teams.

But different divisions. My bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's a pretty fun quote Bayport being included in this list for beating a 4-7 team soundly...by 4 goals!! Nice try Bayport parent when you beat teams like Sayville, Mt Sinai, West Hampton and ESM then you can maybe be considered

Hey Einstein they did beat Westhampton , that being said Westhampton is not that good , they have not beaten any good teams this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not to knock Bayport here, they are a decent team, but EI seems to have fallen off a cliff!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not to knock Bayport here, they are a decent team, but EI seems to have fallen off a cliff!
that's funny falling off a cliff. Even funnier Bayport thinking they are good for beating them!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are underestimating BBP a little. That said, here are the B division tiers

ESM
Huntington

didn't play Huntington but the results speak for themselves

Say
BBP

good teams; not as good as the top 2

WH
ISl
MP
RP

3 of them should make the playoffs but any of them could beat the other one on a given day but all four would have a very tough time against the top 2 and a tough time against the next 2

I don't want to come across as a moto but thats the way B division shapes up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you can include Bayport to that list! BTW they beat EI pretty soundly! so did 7 other teams. they have 7 lossers genius

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are either ignorant or arrogant! Either way you are clueless! Suffolk D1 out of conference record is 19W 20L's. many of the losses coming to Suffolk D 2 (class C and B) teams. Suffolk Division 2's out of conference record is 21-9!! Are there good teams in D1? Yes, but there are probably more strong teams in D2! BTW lax power thinks so too!

How long did it take you to figure that out you moron

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My question is the Developmental Division. You can't base it on the prior year. How do you establish this division?
why not? you cant base it on next year either. But you can put Bayport in the Developmental Division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and if BTW lax power says so, oh my . it must be true. u are a joke

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat down #1 tomorrow at Mt Sinai. could be by 10 plus over SWR.

Another Beat down #2 at ESM. Bayport you have 0 chance . will be by 10 plus.

And yet another #3 at Sayville. Huntington over Sayville large. Sayville Goalie will keep them in the game for a while.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yet another #3 at Sayville. Huntington over Sayville large. Sayville Goalie will keep them in the game for a while.
agree with the first two but not sure about Huntington coming out on top over sayville. We played both and I think Sayville will come out on top. Should be a great game either way. And btw who is the moron saying BP stands a chance against ESM somewhere on this thread, although ESM is plagued with injuries you couldn't tell the depth on their bench is pretty strong. I watched them play vs WH on Saturday several standing on the sidelines injured, from what I heard all D1 commits and yet even with typical non starters they looked solid. So good luck BP the score might not be by 10 but ESM will come out on top. Mt Sinai will prob have their third string in by half time against SWR...what the heck is going on w that program this year???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Beat down #1 tomorrow at Mt Sinai. could be by 10 plus over SWR.

And yet another #3 at Sayville. Huntington over Sayville large. Sayville Goalie will keep them in the game for a while. [/quote

I disagree on all three of these predictions-don't discount any of these teams. I think bbp Esm will be closer - they have some injuries that might hurt Esm. They barely best WHB - a weaker team than BBP in my opinion

Sayville is an athletic team and very good and can hold its own with Huntington.

Mt Sinai is unstoppable but even they don't take any team for granted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree on all but mount Sinai game. These games will be much closer. Team dynamics have changed due to injuries. ESM missing three key players. Bayport very strong this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are underestimating BBP a little. That said, here are the B division tiers

ESM
Huntington

Say
BBP

WH
ISl
MP
RP

3 of them should make the playoffs but any of them could beat the other one on a given day but all four would have a very tough time against the top 2 and a tough time against the next 2

BBP is actually a C team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony's, are you kidding me? I was at the game yesterday against Kellenberg because we play Anthony's later this week. Are you so insecure in yourselves as a team that you can't report the Kellenberg goalie's saves. She had an awesome game against you and yet nothing was reported. Try doing the right thing, or heaven forbid, the catholic thing, and acknowledge good play when it happens. That's pathetic. Karma may just come back to bite you in the butt. You killed them in the game, isn't that enough?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky Point is going to come back they were just warming up .

ESM
Huntington

Say
BBP

WH
ISl
MP
RP

BBP is actually a C team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree on all but mount Sinai game. These games will be much closer. Team dynamics have changed due to injuries. ESM missing three key players. Bayport very strong this year

Bayport descent this year, very strong not really. ESM has injury issues with several key girls out, now have 7-8 th graders starting so BBP may give them a game, BBP will struggle to score but so will ESM. Look at West Bab with a key player out they are not even remotely the same team .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony's, are you kidding me? I was at the game yesterday against Kellenberg because we play Anthony's later this week. Are you so insecure in yourselves as a team that you can't report the Kellenberg goalie's saves. She had an awesome game against you and yet nothing was reported. Try doing the right thing, or heaven forbid, the catholic thing, and acknowledge good play when it happens. That's pathetic. Karma may just come back to bite you in the butt. You killed them in the game, isn't that enough?

I hope your scouting went well. why so interested in goalie save percentage?
st a's did nothing wrong. They do everything they can to avoid complete beat downs of weaker teams in their conference, everyone know this, in fact someone commented how they did good on taking it easy on trinity, I wish other teams on long island called off the dogs when up big

to think they on purpose deflated an opposing goalie's stats because it would look bad on them if the goalie showed more saves is just laint out weird. how could this look bad on them and who would it look bad to? sratching my head here

let the haters hate. stay the course, St anthonys. good luck on your game at the end of the week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Come On Man" for Kings Park (5 - 8). a poor team that has 8 losses and has beaten NOBODY decides to beat up on Southhampton (0 - 9). i THINK THE SCORE WAS 20 - 0 ..You should lose every game you play FOR NOW ON, to bad your not even making the playoffs. again. Your sportmanship is the WORST. The Kings Park AD should get a call about this game. I hope Sayville hears about this, so they beat you as bad, you know they could. like Mt sinai beat u by 8, ESM beat you by 10 Smith East beat you by 8. Lets go Sayville, throw them a beat down.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kings Park ,,,, nobody should beat anybody 20 to 0 . You should be ashamed of yourselfs. I don't care who scored what or when and how many girls scored. it should never happen, even if the other team didn't have a goalie. period. you will get yours . GO SAYVILLE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey is ESM dad still padding goalies stats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One score in.... ESM over BBP... would have been much worse if ESM didnt have injuries, main players did not play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another score in Huntington beats down Sayville 14 7 .. like I said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bayport descent this year, very strong not really. ESM has injury issues with several key girls out, now have 7-8 th graders starting so BBP may give them a game, BBP will struggle to score but so will ESM. Look at West Bab with a key player out they are not even remotely the same team .

Was a good game but I would have to say that the ESM sideline looks like a waiting room in the ER. 2 wheelchairs a set of crutches. Three with knee braces. An All American wrapped like she's just returning from war. If ESM doesn't get healthy they threepeat for counties may not happen. With three key players out and from the looks of it two key players on the field playing through knee pain this could be the end of their reign. On the bright side their 7/8th graders held their own in the game I commend the coach for putting them in and giving them the experience it's going to make the program that much stronger down the road. BP really didn't have anything special some lucky calls to control the ball was about all I saw!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Was a good game but I would have to say that the ESM sideline looks like a waiting room in the ER. 2 wheelchairs a set of crutches. Three with knee braces. An All American wrapped like she's just returning from war. If ESM doesn't get healthy they threepeat for counties may not happen. With three key players out and from the looks of it two key players on the field playing through knee pain this could be the end of their reign. On the bright side their 7/8th graders held their own in the game I commend the coach for putting them in and giving them the experience it's going to make the program that much stronger down the road. BP really didn't have anything special some lucky calls to control the ball was about all I saw!!

exactly opposite of what I heard; that ESM had 14 players on the field,ie. the refs. ESM goalie came out of her circle multiple times to block bbp shooters and no shooting space was called. As of injuries, bbp has a couple of staters out with injuries as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread does supply entertainment value; if nothing else!

1-you can say what you want, but you are still not giving BBP enough credit you can only put your team out and play against whomever the other team puts out 1st someone says they will lose by 10 and when they lose by 1; it's because of the injuries you can't have it both ways.

2-KP might have won 20-0, but they had 13 girls score with no girl having more than three goals... I thought 20 was the magic number in lax, much like 5 is in soccer. It's not like when Islip or Bellport played these teams and have their stat padders score again and again.

My daughters team (a playoff contention team) not only puts in 2nd and 3rd line attack and middies in these games, they also bring in second tier defense to give them game situations; thats part of why the scores don't seem so bad and they get their team blasted all over back of the cage
A developmental league, much like they have in girls soccer, would benefit these teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

exactly opposite of what I heard; that ESM had 14 players on the field,ie. the refs. ESM goalie came out of her circle multiple times to block bbp shooters and no shooting space was called. As of injuries, bbp has a couple of staters out with injuries as well.

You're kidding, right? Pretty sure BBP had most of the calls but whatever makes you feel better. Key players from BBP out? Ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what happened with the MS SWR beatdown? Three goals does not constitute a beatdown and it's not like MS lets up, especially against SWR. Me thinks Mr prognosticator hopefully has another line of employement!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

This was a great game-always is with these two teams. Last year it was the same close game. The comment about the refs is ridiculous-there were bad calls both ways as there usually are. Keep it classy and call it what it was-a good game. The excuses make you sound like a sore loser. Not sure who BBP is out due to injuries-ESM missing four D1 players and injured players playing on the field plus 7th and 8th graders or I'm sure this game is not nearly as close.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"Come On Man" for Kings Park (5 - 8). a poor team that has 8 losses and has beaten NOBODY decides to beat up on Southhampton (0 - 9). i THINK THE SCORE WAS 20 - 0 ..You should lose every game you play FOR NOW ON, to bad your not even making the playoffs. again. Your sportmanship is the WORST. The Kings Park AD should get a call about this game. I hope Sayville hears about this, so they beat you as bad, you know they could. like Mt sinai beat u by 8, ESM beat you by 10 Smith East beat you by 8. Lets go Sayville, throw them a beat down.....

Must agree on the sportsmanship, or lack thereof, of Kings Park. They went through a handshake line saying, "Thank the ref, thank the ref," to their opponents after losing a game. Low class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope your scouting went well. why so interested in goalie save percentage?
st a's did nothing wrong. They do everything they can to avoid complete beat downs of weaker teams in their conference, everyone know this, in fact someone commented how they did good on taking it easy on trinity, I wish other teams on long island called off the dogs when up big

to think they on purpose deflated an opposing goalie's stats because it would look bad on them if the goalie showed more saves is just laint out weird. how could this look bad on them and who would it look bad to? sratching my head here

let the haters hate. stay the course, St anthonys. good luck on your game at the end of the week.

Get over yourself , there are plenty of teams who do not run up the score , maybe they are annoyed that you add saves to your goalies stats but take saves from opposing teams .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey is ESM dad still padding goalies stats.
if you ever watched an ESM game you would know dad doesn't need to pad her stats. She has the counties best defense in front of her and when they get to the cage she makes the saves. Did you watch the Mt Sinai game or the Sayville game maybe you should have before you wrote this!! She's going to do big things at Notre Dame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hey is ESM dad still padding goalies stats.
if you ever watched an ESM game you would know dad doesn't need to pad her stats. She has the counties best defense in front of her and when they get to the cage she makes the saves. Did you watch the Mt Sinai game or the Sayville game maybe you should have before you wrote this!! She's going to do big things at Notre Dame [/quote

ESM has only given up 60 goals all season. The least out of any team in any division I think. Excellent team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you ever watched an ESM game you would know dad doesn't need to pad her stats. She has the counties best defense in front of her and when they get to the cage she makes the saves. Did you watch the Mt Sinai game or the Sayville game maybe you should have before you wrote this!! She's going to do big things at Notre Dame [/quote

ESM has only given up 60 goals all season. The least out of any team in any division I think. Excellent team.
thats because every other team the coach plays the entire bench so when they are in need of someone from the bench they all know what to do and arent clueless. ESM plays only certain players and never even looks to the bench. I have witnessed more girls crying after an ESM win then any other team because of this. SO glad my child doesnt go there because how can you prepare a kid to play in college or for that matter in a game in case someone gets hurt if you NEVER look to your bench for subs. I am sure this will change when the golden goalie graduates but then again who knows bc she has younger siblings coming through...after all they are the stat keepers for the team!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thats because every other team the coach plays the entire bench so when they are in need of someone from the bench they all know what to do and arent clueless. ESM plays only certain players and never even looks to the bench. I have witnessed more girls crying after an ESM win then any other team because of this. SO glad my child doesnt go there because how can you prepare a kid to play in college or for that matter in a game in case someone gets hurt if you NEVER look to your bench for subs. I am sure this will change when the golden goalie graduates but then again who knows bc she has younger siblings coming through...after all they are the stat keepers for the team!!!

Your post makes no sense. The post was regarding the defense and the goalie, what does your post even mean. There are players hurt and the coach has put players in. Sorry if it's not who you think it should be. You're not on the team but have seen girls crying after games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your post makes no sense. The post was regarding the defense and the goalie, what does your post even mean. There are players hurt and the coach has put players in. Sorry if it's not who you think it should be. You're not on the team but have seen girls crying after games?
I volunteer for another team to scout teams. My daughter is not at the varsity level yet. I have been to almost every ESM game. Didnt think I had to explain myself but ok hope this makes you happy!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ESM has three great defenders 22, 33, &7 that make up a solid crew in front of #21 the goalie. These girls are top notch in the county Im sorry no matter what anyone says they deserve praise!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This wasn't my post, but I know for a fact that ESM girls cry after wins, due to no subbing, politics, coach berating them, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and esm dad pads goalies stats, i seen him in action...

Page 16 of 83 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard