Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Holdbacks
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:16 AM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:13 AM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:13 AM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:10 AM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:02 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,154
Posts341,752
Members2,465
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Deadspin Article - Aaaaand Discuss
Anonymous #59412 05/06/14 09:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey LI loser. Just because you can't compete with the Balt Wash area athletes is no reason to get your panties in a bunch.I know the schools and the kids mentioned in the articles. If the kids were held back it was done before first grade. So it wasn't done because they were lacrosse players unlike so many of your kids who do a pg year. Also bottom rat, the author quoted the urban dictionary. If you look up lacrosse dad from LI who posts on a lacrosse blog in the urban dictionary you will read a definition which says, little fat guy (usually italian) who never played a sport but tells everyone he did, whose sons try to play lacrosse and is bitter for the rest of his life because inside lacrosse and laxpower never rank their teams as high as the much better teams from Balt and Wash. If it is not in the urban dictionary, I will make sure i put it in there right after i hit the submit button. I can do that in case you didn't know because anyone can do that in urban dictionary. and stop writing bs in the blogs and hit the gym.

Now why on earth would half of the 2017's in a particular geographic groin be held back before 1st grade? Did their kindergarten prep scores not meet up with the projected IVY league standards??? Hahahaha!!!

You guys kill me....please do entertain us with the plausible reasons one would hold back a kid before first grade...do tell !!!!

Can't wait for this well deduced repartee!!!

Good luck...you're in an intellectual hole you're not going to crawl out of unscathed.

Best pipe down while you can....you feel that pinch in the back of your neck? ...that's pride F'ing with you. Don't let your pride get you in a tangle you won't be able to handle

Your kid isn't going D 1 even if he was held back. Odds are against you

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #59436 05/07/14 07:59 AM
J
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
J
Ohhhh, lawdy me. Short and fat and Italian does describes a certain portion of the melting pot that is known as Long Island. I do wish that more of us LI Dad's had the money you DC guys do. If we did we could spend 40 grand to send our Toppers and Biff's to Landon or Georgetown Prep. Golly. You DC fellas really have it all figured out.

But, the article does state that half of the athletes are re-classified. I mean us LIer's with our public school educations can read--even if we are fat and short. Perhaps, you and your little fellas should spend their time and money on tutors.

So, do ya think that the re-classification really helps that much? It has been reported that 14% of all D1 lacrosse players hail from the beautiful shores and bustling strip malls of Long Island. Cheat on my friend. Cheat on. And, if me or any of my short and fat LI lax dads meet you at a tournament, I will hold you down as my short, fat Italian/Irish/(fill in the ethnicity here) kick your wanna be white shoe teeth in. Salut!https://www.backofthecage.com/images/icons/default_dark/thumbs_up.gif

Like Reply Quote
Orion98 #59452 05/07/14 09:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OUCH: #4 Georgetown Prep loses to St. Albans (5-10 record) 8-7 in OT

Like Reply Quote
Orion98 #59529 05/07/14 03:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at do DC Beltway law firm associates and 9th grade prep school lacrosse players have in common?
Both are bitter they are only driving a 3 Series.

I love Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
Orion98 #59531 05/07/14 03:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do DC Beltway law firm associates and 9th grade prep school lacrosse players have in common?
Both are bitter they are only driving a 3 Series.

I love Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Orion98 #60112 05/12/14 03:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here you go--- assuming your 7th grader is currently 12 or 13 years old....
A Few Easy Steps (but start now!):
1) Have your kid complete 8th grade at his current school
2) Pay $28+g to go to Friends, Buckley, Waldorf, Portledge, GreenVale (or any similar independent private school).
3) Have your child REPEAT 8th GRADE at one of the above (reclassify your child to the year below his actual birth/academic age for travel / club lacrosse).
4) Let club team coaches know your 2019 kid is REALLY now a 2020 kid.
5) Bring your kid to as many showcases as possible so that he/she can compete against kids 1 year (or more) younger.
6) Now, submit to the high school entrance process, take necessary tests, etc.
7) Then choose a nice Catholic (CHS,STA,KEL) or Private(FA) and have them enter as a Freshman.
8) The child will be "Noticed" as standout Freshman and be rewarded with a premium spot on the lax team (possibly a jump to JV or Varsity) and play 4 years of HS.
9) The College Recruiting Process will be in full swing during all this... go to an many showcases and talk to coaches; also start exploring the costs of a Post Grad year at Deerfield, Salisbury, Avon, etc.
10 ) Accept offer to D1 Lacrosse Program (partial scholarship)to enter as a Freshman in 2021 (at age 20) two years AFTER your next door neighbors kid who is the same age.
11 ) Embark on a Red Shirt Freshman year.
12 ) Finally your child competes in his/her first meaningful college game at age 21.
13 ) Your child graduates in 2026 (at age 24 - 25)

What is also very important is that your child must be bigger, faster and act more mature than any other 12-13 year old that they face once they've reclassified because they will actually be 1 year (OR MORE) older...and you want to make sure they stand out in their new "MAGIC" age group.

Also, fairness and honesty and respect for fair competition must be forgotten... and don't ever think of it as cheating.

Sleep well.

Like Reply Quote
Orion98 #60184 05/13/14 09:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI dads make the best entertainers. Non-stop crying.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #60190 05/13/14 10:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
half of the parents in MD feel the same way according to the posts...how about you just stop cheating

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #60191 05/13/14 10:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfect recipe. Because when its over....its over. No reason to try and rush through it. You get one lax career. Let's get our kids out on their own as quickly as possible as the job market and state of affairs are prime. Why even go to college as most people dont end up working in their degree anyway. Once again, if we don't do things the way you want them done, its wrong.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #60207 05/13/14 12:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfect recipe. Because when its over....its over. No reason to try and rush through it. You get one lax career. Let's get our kids out on their own as quickly as possible as the job market and state of affairs are prime. Why even go to college as most people dont end up working in their degree anyway. Once again, if we don't do things the way you want them done, its wrong.

You can do things any way you want... Have your 15 year old continue to use a pacifier, who cares. However, when your way of doing things impacts our hard working on age players, we'll continue to put in your face. We'll never stop. You and your ilk are low life scumbag cheats, plain and simple. Your the lawyer that bilks his clients account, the trader that churns an old ladies retirement fund, the Doctor that bilks medicare and the dentist that fills healthy teeth. Useless, bottom feeder sleazebag cheat. Lowest of the low. These are the lessons you teach your off spring. Good luck to you and your future 20 yo college freshman, a-hole. By the way, my on age beast hates cheaters from MD. He looks for them at showcases and events. He makes fun of them, right to their faces, and out plays them. What do Biff and Skippy do? Nothing. Because they know their own Mommy and Daddy had no confidence in them. Biff and Skippy know their own parents believe they can't compete with the best of their own age. You see my on age kid has confidence, because he worked hard and plays up. He challenges himself against older boys. He would never play down, because at 14 he has something you and your kid will NEVER have, it's called self respect! Now go console your 17 year old 10th grader because Petro hasn't called yet. PUNK!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Orion98 #60211 05/13/14 01:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard Work
Self Respect
Achievement

These terms are meaningless to those who want to "give their kid every advantage".

I know which characteristics will serve my kid best in sports and in life beyond the field. I also know the qualities I would want in an athlete as a coach.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #60214 05/13/14 01:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Mr. Resentment. We love guys like you, you always are the ones punching the drywall at the end. LOL. You are humorous. "my on age beast" "We'll never stop" "my kid has confidence" my, my , my, I , I, I. Give me an L, give me an O, give me an S, i think you get it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #60262 05/13/14 08:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Mr. Resentment. We love guys like you, you always are the ones punching the drywall at the end. LOL. You are humorous. "my on age beast" "We'll never stop" "my kid has confidence" my, my , my, I , I, I. Give me an L, give me an O, give me an S, i think you get it.

L.O.S....."S" !! As in a complete "loss" for words to describe the pathetic low return gaming that is employed in the greater belt area. (But allow me to try! )

A larger percentage of the "keep up with the cheating at lax Jonses" will fail in their pursuit to gain a great advantage in recruitment in the holdback attempt process. What do you all do then? Spend another year in 13th grade at 40-50k and try again?

You see; kids like ours on Long Island make their way without the hold back process. Plain and simple and statistically verifiable. This "process" was initiated in other sports but the greater well off lax parent community saw that their little boys couldn't match up with the best of the tristate area. Thus the dive into the holdback system with great hopes in mind.

I feel somewhat sorry for you all where you're spending or have spent so much private school dollars and have yet to realize that return you had so feverishly prayed for.

What should I do with all of the possible PG and private school money that I saved when my just turned 15 yo freshman in public school was committed ast fall to a top 8 seeded team in the current ncaa D1 tourney?

Did he achieve that with mommy and daddy getting on their knees and servicing the private school coach of their choice and filling the schools coffers with yet more coin?

No. He did it the old fashioned way. Hard work. Dedication. Discipline. Self confidence. And with those; he gained self respect and that of his peers.

If your 2017 or older kid doesn't have these concepts drilled into the fabric of his life by now; he never will. And that makes you a failure as a parent.

no amount of PG holdback cheating money can ever be worth more than those values.

Invest wisely, my friends. Paving the road for your kid to have an easy path does not always yield the returns that the above principles will.

Now....back to your spelling bee cheer. Repeat it aloud as you look in the mirror tomorrow morning.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #60264 05/13/14 08:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

L.O.S....."S" !! As in a complete "loss" for words to describe the pathetic low return gaming that is employed in the greater belt area. (But allow me to try! )

A larger percentage of the "keep up with the cheating at lax Jonses" will fail in their pursuit to gain a great advantage in recruitment in the holdback attempt process. What do you all do then? Spend another year in 13th grade at 40-50k and try again?

You see; kids like ours on Long Island make their way without the hold back process. Plain and simple and statistically verifiable. This "process" was initiated in other sports but the greater well off lax parent community saw that their little boys couldn't match up with the best of the tristate area. Thus the dive into the holdback system with great hopes in mind.

I feel somewhat sorry for you all where you're spending or have spent so much private school dollars and have yet to realize that return you had so feverishly prayed for.

What should I do with all of the possible PG and private school money that I saved when my just turned 15 yo freshman in public school was committed ast fall to a top 8 seeded team in the current ncaa D1 tourney?

Did he achieve that with mommy and daddy getting on their knees and servicing the private school coach of their choice and filling the schools coffers with yet more coin?

No. He did it the old fashioned way. Hard work. Dedication. Discipline. Self confidence. And with those; he gained self respect and that of his peers.

If your 2017 or older kid doesn't have these concepts drilled into the fabric of his life by now; he never will. And that makes you a failure as a parent.

no amount of PG holdback cheating money can ever be worth more than those values.

Invest wisely, my friends. Paving the road for your kid to have an easy path does not always yield the returns that the above principles will.

Now....back to your spelling bee cheer. Repeat it aloud as you look in the mirror tomorrow morning.

check the rosters of the quarterfinal teams. start with duke. Their starting mid/att are all hold backs or pg. ND leading scorer is a PG. Hopkins, well i don't even need to look.

Imagine the money your true 2017 could have gotten if you reclassed him?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #60269 05/13/14 09:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll give you a D, give you an O give you a U.... bag. I think you know what you are. No resentment here. Just remember, you knew your kid couldn't compete on age. Don't worry he won't figure it out for a while. By the way, everyone wants to give their children every advantage, some people just have a moral compass. Scumbag cheats and their off spring don't. Punching drywall? Not a chance. However, you might want to punch yourself in the groin. Seeing as how your underfunded loins couldn't produce off spring that in your own opinion couldn't measure up. Is that the phone? Hurry up it may be Petro calling... NOT.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard