BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What impact do you think the Chaminade losses (as an example)will have on early recruiting?

If HS programs with a significant number of early recruits on their roster continue to lose to teams made up of kids that have not been early recruited, I think it will force a slow down in the early recruiting trend.

Projecting forward to 2017-2018 it does not bode well for ACC schools which are full of early recruits from the power schools.

You are waaaay overthinking this. College coaches don't care about what high school team a kid is on and how that team performs. They care about the skill and character of the player they are recruiting, plain and simple.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What impact do you think the Chaminade losses (as an example)will have on early recruiting?

If HS programs with a significant number of early recruits on their roster continue to lose to teams made up of kids that have not been early recruited, I think it will force a slow down in the early recruiting trend.

Projecting forward to 2017-2018 it does not bode well for ACC schools which are full of early recruits from the power schools.
None - they know they be well-coached and know what they are getting in general from the Chaminades and Delbartons of the world. Coaches don't just take a kid because he went to a certain school.

Chaminade should consider taking up younger players. it is working out really well for other teams. They have a standout Faceoff guy who is a sophomore but refuse to bring him up even as they have trouble in that position.

My son is a freshman (not a hold back) playing on a top 25 ranked H.S. team. He is the 6/7th middie on the team and plays a fair amount but not a ton. They took him on the team as they like to run 7+ middies and he is right there, but not playing as much as he would if he played JV or freshman. However, he is getting much better and has played some key minutes in big games vs. other top teams. I think he should be playing more but really must defer to the coaches. The coaches want to win and will play the best kids that they think can help them win. We all need to trust in that. They are not holding anything against the younger players, but if it is close they will play the older, more experienced kids. Nonetheless, a select number of freshman are making an impact on top teams in the try-state area, even if not at Chaminade or St. Ants.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well trying to talk to WM coaches doesn't seem to help if anything it has back fired on the kid/kids that have tried. Unless your kid happens to be from one of the [lacrosse] KISSING PARENTS it's very unfortunate for the rest of the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well trying to talk to the WM coaches doesn't seem to help. If anything it has back fired on the kid/kids that have tried. Unless your kid happens to be from one of the [lacrosse] KISSING PARENTS it's very unfortunate for the rest of the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None - they know they be well-coached and know what they are getting in general from the Chaminades and Delbartons of the world. Coaches don't just take a kid because he went to a certain school.

Chaminade should consider taking up younger players. it is working out really well for other teams. They have a standout Faceoff guy who is a sophomore but refuse to bring him up even as they have trouble in that position.

Why would they? They have a proven track record that you cannot dispute. Also it is difficult to bring someone up who has been injured all season and has only played 2 games. All 3 Chaminade teams are doing just fine.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would they? They have a proven track record that you cannot dispute. Also it is difficult to bring someone up who has been injured all season and has only played 2 games. All 3 Chaminade teams are doing just fine.

God forbid anybody question or suggest changes to the status quo at this place. Heresy! Just shut up and fall in line like the rest of the sheep or you will brought before the inquisition for insubordination.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

God forbid anybody question or suggest changes to the status quo at this place. Heresy! Just shut up and fall in line like the rest of the sheep or you will brought before the inquisition for insubordination.

This is crazy..., you send your kid there by choice knowing the system that is in place and then complain about the system... wth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well trying to talk to the WM coaches doesn't seem to help. If anything it has back fired on the kid/kids that have tried. Unless your kid happens to be from one of the [lacrosse] KISSING PARENTS it's very unfortunate for the rest of the kids.

WMs record speaks for themselves. Let them continue to bury themselves with bizarre decisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is crazy..., you send your kid there by choice knowing the system that is in place and then complain about the system... wth

You should take your head out of the sand and so should the Chaminade coaches. Given the dramatic changes in the recruiting landscape and undeniable trend for freshman to play varsity even at the most excellent public school lax programs is something that Chaminade should be paying attention to. No lacrosse program is above the landscape or beyond reproach to be questioned. I have no doubt there a growing number of families who are deciding against sending their excellent lacrosse players precisely because they don't want to wait 2 years before seeing a varsity field when they can see it right away as a Freshman where they are. If Chaminade doesn't adjust they program will begin to fray at the edges and miss out on a lot of great talent that would have otherwise come their way. Wake up!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so your saying the starters are all from [lacrosse] kissing parents? wm
has been a top program for many years, I would think the coaches
know what they are doing, no?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because the Chaminade way has been successful in the past doesn't mean it will be in the future. They should at least open up their rigid thinking and have an open mind to it given that everybody else in the lacrosse world has and seems to be doing very well with it. Look at how many underclassmen are now playing varsity (and seeing significant field time) at Garden City and Manhasset, two of their historical primary sources of talent that will eventually be shut off if they don't adjust. Manhasset and GC have been much more aggressive in recent years in bringing their best young players up faster and no doubt as a defensive measure to keep these great players from jumping ship to Chaminade. And it's working. They have found the Achilles heel in the Chaminade formula and are exploiting that weakness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again Chaminade as a school could care less about winning games and sports and that is why they will not change. Academics are far more important to the Brothers in charge at Chaminade. Not to say they have not moved kids up before because they have and one is playing this year that was on Varsity last year as well and I think they moved a baseball player up this year. It is rare but it happens. As far as hurting recruiting no way. These kids are more prepared for college work than most if not all from other schools and the coaches know that. College coaches are not going to your local schools looking for kids unless they hear about them first and definitely not going to the lower tear schools for anyone. Better be playing for a good summer team. But you will see 15 -20 coaches on sidelines for Chaminade St Anthony's game every year. I do not have a kid at the school so dont bash me for that but I live on LI and know the reputation and have spoken to many head coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Times change. If the church can adjust with the times, so can their lacrosse programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Chaminade could care less !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again Chaminade as a school could care less about winning games and sports and that is why they will not change. Academics are far more important to the Brothers in charge at Chaminade. Not to say they have not moved kids up before because they have and one is playing this year that was on Varsity last year as well and I think they moved a baseball player up this year. It is rare but it happens. As far as hurting recruiting no way. These kids are more prepared for college work than most if not all from other schools and the coaches know that. College coaches are not going to your local schools looking for kids unless they hear about them first and definitely not going to the lower tear schools for anyone. Better be playing for a good summer team. But you will see 15 -20 coaches on sidelines for Chaminade St Anthony's game every year. I do not have a kid at the school so dont bash me for that but I live on LI and know the reputation and have spoken to many head coaches.

You're certifiable if you think that Chaminade doesn't care about winning games and sports. Why then the flashy athletic center and redo of the stadium? Just because the money was burning a hole in their pockets? Please...Chaminade knows that good athletics = good business and cares deeply about both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will when all they get are great students but crummy athletes. Believe me, they'll start to care a whole lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget about how many D1 commits a school has. A lot of it is political b/s. How many kids can you think of that are deserving and good enough but maybe their father wouldn't get on his knees.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Alumni care about winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not saying that the recipe for bringing up freshman and sophomores is always a mistake. Its just so many coaches rush to bring up a kid that may have been good on a middle school team , pass JV and take him right to varsity. Happening everywhere. Some of the better programs are paying the price....when is the last time Long Beach beat Wantagh......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will when all they get are great students but crummy athletes. Believe me, they'll start to care a whole lot.

Have you seen the 2017 class???? Also the incoming freshman (2018) class, those 2 combined will be very difficult to beat. The current Freshman class are playing at a exceptional level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously don't know anything about Chaminade if you don't think they care about sports and winning. That's the biggest Ivory Tower BS I've ever seen on here. I'm an alumni and I know first hand they care very deeply about sports and winning. Nothing wrong with that. You need to do a little more research.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade needs to evolve, or the will fade. With the current early recruiting climate, the top freshman and sophomores need to be seen playing varsity in order to lock in the best scholarship offers. Fact!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade needs to evolve, or the will fade. With the current early recruiting climate, the top freshman and sophomores need to be seen playing varsity in order to lock in the best scholarship offers. Fact!

Don't worry, Chaminade is so flexible, easy going and open minded about everything that they will quickly adjust to the new reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appears that they have been playing the younger guys. The point production out of the seniors is very low with the exception of SC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
must been alot of celebrating going on at SE this past weekend, falling to Bayshore 11-6!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am an Alum as well. If they cared why not recruit like other Catholic Schools. Why not buy additional jerseys for the lax team instead of the 48 they have when they have double numbers on the sidelines. If a kid is really that good give him a pass and let him in. So what if he didn'tt do well on the entrance exam he can help you win win win. Why doesn't it happen because it is not important. They put more money into clubs and other things then they do sports. Don't bring up the stadium because that was done by donation. Do they like it when they win yes but it is not the end of the world. Just listen to the speech Coach Boyd gave after the St Anthonys championship football game when Chaminade beat them. He listed sports as third on the list of most important things. If Your a true Chaminade grad you should know what one and two are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any score for npt sw?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
must been alot of celebrating going on at SE this past weekend, falling to Bayshore 11-6!

Where were those 9th and 10th graders?? Just saying...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14 to 7 SW beats NPT and the score wasn't that close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know Bayshore had a few on the field for them today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right. Win or lose it doesn't really matter to Chaminade - leave that stuff to the cave dwellers in South Huntington. I heard that after the Greenwich butt kicking, the only thing the Chaminade boys cared about was what kind of ice cream to have before getting back on the bus. If Chaminade cares so little about sports and winning you would think they would be the first to be playing freshman and sophomores because losing is "no biggie".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not saying that the recipe for bringing up freshman and sophomores is always a mistake. Its just so many coaches rush to bring up a kid that may have been good on a middle school team , pass JV and take him right to varsity. Happening everywhere. Some of the better programs are paying the price....when is the last time Long Beach beat Wantagh......

last week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Face off was 18/20 Smithtown (10th grader), but somehow the offence couldn't get the ball in! Bayshore defense very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a great read. They map out all the Division I players from around the country. New [lacrosse] has almost a quarter of the players. Chammy leads with 14 players. St. Anthony's with 12. Garden City with 10. Not too shabby...

http://24sevenlax.com/mapping-out-t...97796787912&fb_action_types=og.likes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a great read. They map out all the Division I players from around the country. New [lacrosse] has almost a quarter of the players. Chammy leads with 14 players. St. Anthony's with 12. Garden City with 10. Not too shabby...

http://24sevenlax.com/mapping-out-t...97796787912&fb_action_types=og.likes

Cool, but too bad they are missing many schools!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact? Not sure you are right about Chaminade's need to evolve. The 2017 Chaminade class is stacked and the incoming 2018 class is stacked too - they all know that Chaminade does not bring freshmen or sophomores up to varsity (with 2 exceptions that I know of where sophomores were brought up) - and yet they still go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the schools in this years tourny

Not all the D1 schools in the country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact? Not sure you are right about Chaminade's need to evolve. The 2017 Chaminade class is stacked and the incoming 2018 class is stacked too - they all know that Chaminade does not bring freshmen or sophomores up to varsity (with 2 exceptions that I know of where sophomores were brought up) - and yet they still go.

Chaminade kids will be recruited thru express head coach has been there forever and there is no need to change a thing all schools know the deal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade kids will be recruited thru express head coach has been there forever and there is no need to change a thing all schools know the deal

Why the resistance to change and evolution to match the changing environment? At least have an open mind to it. Why should these "stacked" 2017s and 2018s have to wait so long? Doesn't make sense. Open up the floodgates and lets see what happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade kids play mostly fl$ in the summer, not Express. fl$ practices are more central from a location standpoint.

Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard