BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Oyster Bay Lacrosse League Turkey Shootout
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

That club is all about money, as everyone knows. Look at the tryout fees, which are outrageous. Real clubs are looking for the best talent and consequently don't charge fees in order to attract the biggest turnout possible.

LOL.

please explain - if the tryout fees were outrageous then why did thy have such huge turnouts? and the talent level was outstanding - looks like the fake club did OK [/quote]

Because there's a sucker born every minute.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please explain - if the tryout fees were outrageous then why did thy have such huge turnouts? and the talent level was outstanding - looks like the fake club did OK

I played College lacrosse, I have a son who received a scholarship and is currently playing college lacrosse, I have been through the recruiting process, the summer teams and camps - I also have a son playing on the express - as opposed to being a sucker I like to think I am a lacrosse guy who found the best fit for my kid - I would love to hear your resume that qualifies you to judge me.

as opposed to hating, I think they are all good organizations and find the best fit for your kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does this little pissing match have to do with the Turkey Shootout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please explain - if the tryout fees were outrageous then why did thy have such huge turnouts? and the talent level was outstanding - looks like the fake club did OK

I played College lacrosse, I have a son who received a scholarship and is currently playing college lacrosse

Yeah, right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will 91 be at the obll turkey shootout?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any idea when the schedule will be posted?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
tonight or more likely tomorrow late morning

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I am wondering at this time of year does the Oyster Bay League board make a nice donation to the Town Oyster Bay or to a needy charity. Or does the Oyster Bay Lax Board keep it all for themselves? I find it quite amusing that John Lynott, former Pres. of Massapequa Lax, Gene Isnardi, Current VP of Massapequa Lax, and Neil Varriccio, current treasurer of Massapequa Lax, are on both boards.
With all the savings from free fields you would think they would.

Happy Thanksgiving to all .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxfan14
I am wondering at this time of year does the Oyster Bay League board make a nice donation to the Town Oyster Bay or to a needy charity. Or does the Oyster Bay Lax Board keep it all for themselves? I find it quite amusing that John Lynott, former Pres. of Massapequa Lax, Gene Isnardi, Current VP of Massapequa Lax, and Neil Varriccio, current treasurer of Massapequa Lax, are on both boards.
With all the savings from free fields you would think they would.

Happy Thanksgiving to all .

I wish they weren't so busy with their philanthropic endeavors and post the schedule already

Like Reply Quote
D
DABMAN LAX
Unregistered
DABMAN LAX
Unregistered
D
LAX14 HAPPYTHANKS GIVING TO YOU. U MUST REALIZE THAT THE TOWN OF OYSTERBAY WOULD NEVER LET ANYONE MAKE MONEY OFF THE FIELDS WIT HOUT THE ORGANIZATION GIVING BACK. THE GUYS YOU MENTIONED ARE GREAT GUYS AND I AM SURE THAT THEY HAVE A PLAN IN MIND FOR CUTTING A PROCEEDS CHECK TO A CHARITY. HOWEVER, I DO THINK THAT SITTING ON BOTH BOARDS IS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST. I WOULD THINK THAT THE MASSAPEQUA LACROSSE CLUB WILL BE GOING THROUGH A TRANSITION STAGE BECAUSE THOSE PEOPLE YOU MENTIONED HAVE NO YOUTH PLAYERS INVOLVED AT THIS TIME.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa Lacrosse is a joke.No one cares about the kids.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
IN REPLY TO MASSAPEQUA LAX IS A JOKE, UR RIGHT. HOWEVER, I THINK THERE WILL BE CHANGES TO THE ORGANIZATION AS A WHOLE. THE HEAD OF PAL IS NOW THOMAS ENGELKE. HE IS WELL RESPECTED IN THE COMMUNITY AND THE LAX WORLD. I ALSO AM HEARING THAT HE WILL BE TAKING OVER THE MASSAPEQUA LACROSSE CLUB. SO IT CANNOT GET ANY WORSE FOR THE KIDS THAN IT IS NOW. ONLY BETTER! WHOEVER YOU ARE(ANONYMOUS) THIS IS YOUTH LACROSSE, IT SHOULD BE ABOUT THE KIDS. HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i hope you are right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No schedule yet, have a feelin we will be playing younger or older kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
scores, results ?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
i went to Field of Dreams yesterday to see the turn-out. it was actually pretty good. i watched one game, it was an 8th grade game (outlaws vs southshore). as for as final scores and results go, i think it was a winn win for all involved. the charity that the proceeds will be donated to should be very happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played and had a great experience with great competition! The games were all very even match ups.I know of one Express 6th grade team that played up.I beleive all the 7/8 grade brackets teams each had one loss. Weather was perfect! Thanks to all for a fun day!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's a defenseman on 2016 blue. (A which is really b team)
Express did their usual, "We'll take your money and not care" by merging my son's team with the white. We had an awful goalie with 9 defenseman. 9! $80 to get that is ridiculous.

I

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really nice saying the goalie was awful. Why don't you just put his name on the post too. Idiot. Maybe he wasn't so good because his defense (your son) was awful.
Give the kid credit for trying.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I am the father of a goalie , and I can tell you that a goalie is only as good as the defense in front of them, you should be ashamed of yourself for making that quote. My daughter played an entire semifinal game and never faced a shot , she never even touched the ball because the d in front of her was so tight, so if your saying the goalie was bad your really saying that your defenders were bad i.e your son/daughter played poorly, give the kid a break , do you really think it's easy to stand in front of a rock being thrown at you with as much force as a person can muster and try to stop it with your body or a net without ducking, most people would not even try, obviously not your son
My son's a defenseman on 2016 blue. (A which is really b team)
Express did their usual, "We'll take your money and not care" by merging my son's team with the white. We had an awful goalie with 9 defenseman. 9! $80 to get that is ridiculous.

I

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
the goalie comment off base, you guys have to realize that this is youthsports. you all have valid points regarding the game and the positions that are played. goalie in my opinion is the hardest position at this level because children tend to be mean. telling the goalie how bad he is after he lets in a few goals. the other players shud be taught good sportsmanship and teamwork or the coach should try and get the namecallers in the net. encourage not discourage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalies played fine against outlaws. Express lost 11-5 but could have been worse. Nobody should ever say anything about kids like that.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by libertydad
I am the father of a goalie , and I can tell you that a goalie is only as good as the defense in front of them, you should be ashamed of yourself for making that quote. My daughter played an entire semifinal game and never faced a shot , she never even touched the ball because the d in front of her was so tight, so if your saying the goalie was bad your really saying that your defenders were bad i.e your son/daughter played poorly, give the kid a break , do you really think it's easy to stand in front of a rock being thrown at you with as much force as a person can muster and try to stop it with your body or a net without ducking, most people would not even try, obviously not your son
Libertydad's opening sentence is incredibly important and the statement gains value as you move closer to high school and collegiate play. While youth parents find it convenient to place blame on the goalie for the goals-against numbers, the fact is that the defenders could have avoided letting the shot go, the midfielders could have been stronger preventing the transition game, and the attack players could have demonstrated better ball control before putting the ball in the net themselves ... and of course, the goalies can keep their own house clean.

The only "keeper" event where a "rock" is fired at you at top speed is hockey and the padding there is thicker than what you have in front of the cage.

Years back on one of my soccer teams, we had some defensemen grousing about their keeper's performance. So, we made each defenseman spend a half game between the pipes. Yes, we lost those two matches (four halves), but the team was stronger as a result - and our defensemen played harder to keep the keeper safe.

Think about it when your team is complaining that the keeper is the weakest link.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by LAXMAN
the goalie comment off base, you guys have to realize that this is youthsports. you all have valid points regarding the game and the positions that are played. goalie in my opinion is the hardest position at this level because children tend to be mean. telling the goalie how bad he is after he lets in a few goals. the other players shud be taught good sportsmanship and teamwork or the coach should try and get the namecallers in the net. encourage not discourage
BOTC read the original post containing the word "awful" as a reference to the composition of the team rather than the players themselves. On re-reading the post and the subsequent comments, we probably had the wrong interpretation. That said, apologies to the team, players, and families for allowing the references to make the board. Now, from here forward, the topic is off limits.

As we said earlier, nothing cures the grousing faster than a quick change of positions between the players. Take an attackman and put him or her between the pipes and watch the action - both on the field and with the parents. For the team, it is a lesson well learned.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The OBLL directors and express made some nice money off that team. 9 defense men alone at 80 a clip is nice. Mike , John , Gene , and Neil gave thanks on Thanksgiving for all you that paid an inflated fee. How do you people allow this to happen to you over and over. I am referring to the taxpayers of Oyster Bay ? Who issues the field times in the town of oyster bay ?
Is the Oyster Bay Lacrosse League have any affiliation to the Town of Oyster Bay? Same question goes for the Town Thanksgiving tournament.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The OBLL directors and express made some nice money off that team. 9 defense men alone at 80 a clip is nice. Mike , John , Gene , and Neil gave thanks on Thanksgiving for all you that paid an inflated fee. How do you people allow this to happen to you over and over. I am referring to the taxpayers of Oyster Bay ? Who issues the field times in the town of oyster bay ?
Is the Oyster Bay Lacrosse League have any affiliation to the Town of Oyster Bay? Same question goes for the Town Thanksgiving tournament.
Explain how the composition of a tournament team (nine defensemen) and the cost per player combine to be a referendum on the taxpayers of Nassau County (Oyster Bay). Perhaps the permits are secured through proper channels and used in accordance with county rules? This is your second post on this same topic. If you have specific proof of improper permit acquisition or worse, now is the time to "put up".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike , John , Gene , and Neil gave thanks on Thanksgiving for all you that paid an inflated fee. How do you people allow this to happen to you over and over.

I am thankful to Mike and John for taking my son on their team and treating him with respect and I am thankful that my son has such great lacrosse coaches but I am most thankful that your kid got cut from the express so I don't have to spend my summer with the village cryer. get over it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you bring a kid getting cut into this?
That's not the questions being asked.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why do you bring a kid getting cut into this?
That's not the questions being asked.
Laxfan14, why are you posting anonymously? Again, we ask exactly what is the evidence you want to bring forward of potential wrong doing here? What is your beef on this issue?

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard