BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 47 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kid made it. I feel bad for my son's friends how didn't make it. How can kid from 91 Extreme who did show up the 1st time at tryouts become an alternate? very Shady!!!

I know the kid...total stud. He had a broken collar bone at tryouts. I have no problem with that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride of Long Island????? Since when is Pelham part of Long Island?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride of Long Island????? Since when is Pelham part of Long Island?

You can tryout for almost any area. A player might of had a conflict on the day of first tryout or like some Long Island kids will go to the CT to get a better shot at making Brine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was not picked he plays D any input on the poles that were picked know some but not all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. Kid should live on LI. That's not right.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was not picked he plays D any input on the poles that were picked know some but not all

Defense is the strongest position on this team. Boys picked are top notch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the totals for Terps, Extreme, Team LI, Jesters, etc. ? Any surprises ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stud or no stud. He didn't tryout in the freezing cold rain and shell $100 so why should he be able to show up and take a spot away from a kid who went through 5 hours in the cold rain and earn his way in?

Total BS. Such political BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year there were like 13 Turtle kids and another 5 Express kids on the two teams. Noboby seemed to think there was anything wrong with that...

91 guys picked the team last year and half the A Team was Express Kids. They picked the best kids.

This year looks like a lot of 91 but also a bunch of Express kids.

You people don't get it, all of the boys who made the team are good. It is unfortunate that their are other good players who did not make the team.

Not every good player can make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Defense is the strongest position on this team. Boys picked are top notch.

All of the boys who made it are Top Notch.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So a kid comes to the hardest area and makes it against the locals and you have a problem with that? I'd be embarrassed.

Last year, several kids went off of Long Island to make it. Couldn't cut it at home.

Yes, the turtles and express made the majority of the team. Any real question as to why the best kids on the best team were also selected to represent the best of Long Island?

It's not rocket science... The best get picked. Period.

Don't feel so bad that some type of epiphany didn't occur.....everyone has the same eyes and can see and appreciate the picks made.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every does have eyes.... how can a player who was not picked for the showcase make it as an alternate?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the totals for Terps, Extreme, Team LI, Jesters, etc. ? Any surprises ?

Here is the break down by team affiliation for starters and alternates.

20 91 players
10 Express
2 fl$
2 Town
1 Team LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So a kid comes to the hardest area and makes it against the locals and you have a problem with that? I'd be embarrassed.

Last year, several kids went off of Long Island to make it. Couldn't cut it at home.

Yes, the turtles and express made the majority of the team. Any real question as to why the best kids on the best team were also selected to represent the best of Long Island?

It's not rocket science... The best get picked. Period.

Don't feel so bad that some type of epiphany didn't occur.....everyone has the same eyes and can see and appreciate the picks made.

You are so wrong. Best players don't always play on best teams. There were a number of players who should have made it but don't play for best teams (teams with best connections or most influence) and as a result were over looked or bypassed. Plain and simple.

Tell me how someone who wasn't good enough to make final game gets named as an alternate to the team and someone who made final game doesn't get named an alternate. Its called calling your coach who has 20 kids from his program on the team and complaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole Pelham gripe sounds pretty petty. He obviously earned his spot no matter where he was from. But lets make things a little clear, from the initial try outs they were posted as Long Island and New [lacrosse]. The site showed filled, please sign up in either CT or NJ. Pelham is technically lower Westchester & there is no Westchester or any other region for others to sign up in. I would find it more fitting for him to be in Long Island/New [lacrosse] then CT or NJ? I actually find it more impressive that he decided compete with the best instead trying out in one of the less competitive areas. Congrats Pelham!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole Pelham gripe sounds pretty petty. He obviously earned his spot no matter where he was from. But lets make things a little clear, from the initial try outs they were posted as Long Island and New [lacrosse]. The site showed filled, please sign up in either CT or NJ. Pelham is technically lower Westchester & there is no Westchester or any other region for others to sign up in. I would find it more fitting for him to be in Long Island/New [lacrosse] then CT or NJ? I actually find it more impressive that he decided compete with the best instead trying out in one of the less competitive areas. Congrats Pelham!

Pelham kid is a beast. He is good enough to make any region he tries out for. Its that plain and simple. He also plays for a LI team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to watch the "alternate list" to see who didn't make first tryouts or second tryout get added!!! With 15 kids on the list - they remain short of a full team. If they create a second team, why would it include players that didn't tryout? I think this whole process is fishy and stinks of collusion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pelham kid is a beast. He is good enough to make any region he tries out for. Its that plain and simple. He also plays for a LI team.

The Brine Directors encourage this. So if it their policy and you don't like it, don't participate. I realize some of the kids cut have never been cut from any team before and that's difficult. But move on, there are several other showcase type opportunities this summer, which you can still attend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to watch the "alternate list" to see who didn't make first tryouts or second tryout get added!!! With 15 kids on the list - they remain short of a full team. If they create a second team, why would it include players that didn't tryout? I think this whole process is fishy and stinks of collusion.

HUH? Alternate means "to take the place of", in other words, if a selected player opts out due to conflict or injury, an "Alternate" will be chosen to take their place not an "Alternate" team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It only gets worse from here... Wait till you see the mess the UA tryouts are in few years. Total political BS story. Some kids definitely legit, others just ram jobs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Brine Directors encourage this. So if it their policy and you don't like it, don't participate. I realize some of the kids cut have never been cut from any team before and that's difficult. But move on, there are several other showcase type opportunities this summer, which you can still attend.

They want the games to be as competitive as possible. They will take the best kids who tryout. Long Island Kids (boys and girls) have played for other regions in the past.

If you want to say that there are kids that didn't make it that are as good as kids that did that is fine. Please stop with the "he should have made it" BS. Does anyone on here actually think that any of the boys who made it are not good? Was there anyone who was cut better than all of the boys who made it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HUH? Alternate means "to take the place of", in other words, if a selected player opts out due to conflict or injury, an "Alternate" will be chosen to take their place not an "Alternate" team.

I past years they have created a second team. So where would they pick from the alternate list. So what the poster is saying is. How can someone who made the last game not be one of the alternates, but a person who was sent home is mysteriously made an alternate when they weren't good enough to make the last game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I past years they have created a second team. So where would they pick from the alternate list. So what the poster is saying is. How can someone who made the last game not be one of the alternates, but a person who was sent home is mysteriously made an alternate when they weren't good enough to make the last game.

In past years they selected 2 teams from the beginning, they decided to go a different route this year to mimic what they tested in Florida the past few years which is to have a Best of the [region] tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why only 5 attackmen? why not 2 lines? that's the only odd thing I saw, but there are 7 long poles?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why only 5 attackmen? why not 2 lines? that's the only odd thing I saw, but there are 7 long poles?

Maybe because, as a number have posted already, the defense was loaded with talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In past years they selected 2 teams from the beginning, they decided to go a different route this year to mimic what they tested in Florida the past few years which is to have a Best of the [region] tournament.

How can they compare LI to Florida? How did our LI South team do last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's easy, how else will they be able to take on of the Xtreme attack alternates who didn't make the showcase? Every tryout has political picks and you kind of expect it a little, but what these guys did by taking kids who were not even in consideration after the first round is blatant misconduct. If you had the team picked already and you were just looking for a few kids they should have said so. That wouldn't happen because they wouldn't have made any money! You can't make this stuff up!! God bless America.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Attack do not play hard, ride hard or run hard so they tend to not get tired, Defense is the hard working kids. Also you can always play a middie on attack and of the 7 poles you also run a LSM out of that group so attack is 5 players for 3 positions and defense is 7 players for 4 positions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also, by limiting LI to one team and other areas that had multiple teams from within their state to a single team, they can now offer other areas a chance to compete without having to increase the number of teams. Makes sense to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can they compare LI to Florida? How did our LI South team do last year?

this isn't a comparison, it was what was stated at the opening ceremony.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's easy, how else will they be able to take on of the Xtreme attack alternates who didn't make the showcase? Every tryout has political picks and you kind of expect it a little, but what these guys did by taking kids who were not even in consideration after the first round is blatant misconduct. If you had the team picked already and you were just looking for a few kids they should have said so. That wouldn't happen because they wouldn't have made any money! You can't make this stuff up!! God bless America.

Brine must be reading Back of the Cage and was shamed into deleting the alternate list from their site. Weak

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brine must be reading Back of the Cage and was shamed into deleting the alternate list from their site. Weak

How about... All 23 accepted the invite already. And they added a nice story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this a serious question??? First the team was posted along with it's alternates. Suddenly, the alternate list is taken down. What was the reason behind it? One would think that Brine would want the best players to represent them NOT players that some coach of a travel team decides he wants based on his knowledge from coaching them (Especially that the majority of the players who made the team came from 91). If that was the case, then Brine shouldn't have held try-outs and charged fees of over $200 ($200 plus x 75 kids = $15,000 plus money grab) I wonder if Brine is proud to have their name associated with this (tryout)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a very sad state of affairs when 91 has their fingers in so many pots. Didn't they have coaches as evaluators at the 3D Blue Chip event also. So they are pulling the strings at two of the premier showcases Jake Reed and Brine. Well doesn't that suck for all non 91 players. Wish what we said here actually had some influence. Maybe, maybe some of the higher ups from these showcase events will read whats posted on these sites and actually learn something. Looks like Brine did and took the alternates down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about... All 23 accepted the invite already. And they added a nice story.

That must be it - had to drop the alternate list in order to fit the nice story - I am guessing they were running out of space on the site. The controversy over putting kids who were not asked to play in the showcase game on the alternate list over the showcase invites had nothing to do with the decision to delete the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this a serious question??? First the team was posted along with it's alternates. Suddenly, the alternate list is taken down. What was the reason behind it? One would think that Brine would want the best players to represent them NOT players that some coach of a travel team decides he wants based on his knowledge from coaching them (Especially that the majority of the players who made the team came from 91). If that was the case, then Brine shouldn't have held try-outs and charged fees of over $200 ($200 plus x 75 kids = $15,000 plus money grab) I wonder if Brine is proud to have their name associated with this (tryout)?

Not a 91 parents (love how we have to preface that) but Xtreme is one of the best teams in the nation. Wouldn't stand to reason that they have the most kids on the team? Also, I am sure parents are filling up Brine's inbox with complaints.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you refer back to the 2017 Brine BOTC comments from last year, you will see the same outrage and accusations about the evaluation process. Unfortunately you can't argue with results: One year later, that 2017 roster has 9 confirmed D1 commits and at least 5 to 7 others w/ "quiet" verbals or offers, 70%-75% playing varsity as Freshmen and close to 100% invited to Jake Reed & Maverick Showtime. Move on, let go of the anger.

Its a very sad state of affairs when 91 has their fingers in so many pots. Didn't they have coaches as evaluators at the 3D Blue Chip event also. So they are pulling the strings at two of the premier showcases Jake Reed and Brine. Well doesn't that suck for all non 91 players. Wish what we said here actually had some influence. Maybe, maybe some of the higher ups from these showcase events will read whats posted on these sites and actually learn something. Looks like Brine did and took the alternates down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if there is a picture gallery from Saturday night? Or if there is a way to view/order pictures?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your are probably the same parent who tells their child that they were screwed out of a spot, maybe instead of trying to place blame or make excuses, encourage your child to work harder, learn from the event to work on areas that they feel needs improvement. I guarantee that your child is more honest about the outcome of the tryouts than most of the parents who come on the board to bash the various organization who setup the showcases. Yes 91 coaches did get involved in both Brine Nationals and 3d JR tryouts but so do several other coaches from other clubs. My son does not play for 91 but he will even admit that the players selected are top players. Same happened last year for the North team, but those were Express players, no Express coach was involved last year. I recommend that any 2018 player parent believes their child is at top level, sign up for the NAT175 Individual coming up in July. They added 75 spots and is by recommendation by Coach, HS or Club.

Let's just be happy for the players who made it, cheer them on to do well at Brine Nationals and work to make it next year onto the 2018 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The blame is fully on him and us for enrolling him in his proper/expected class year. So, I've asked my son to step up and work hard to move his birth date back one year, so he can be like all the other 2017s in the mix here ... err, I mean "2018s" (*wink*).

Page 29 of 47 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard