BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,951
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 47 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The three on that list that I know are all hold-backs. Should be 2017s.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Am I being naïve, but I don't think Brine is a recruiting event? yes, nice to put on resume and wonderful experience but I don't think it is a recruiting event...am I wrong?

In my opinion...
WRONG! it was a recruiting event last year, the year before and will even be more this year. May not have all the coaches there that are watching the HS event watch the MS but I guarantee that they do quite a few come by to check out the rising freshman class.

Could not be more wrong. This is NOT a recruiting event: the coaches are mainly college coaches and thus in that capacity cannot and will not discuss "recruiting".
Certainly some will have their eyes open but the championship game last year,(won by Long Island north for the 2017 class) was not attended by any coaches other than those who were actually coaching the two teams.

Stop making guarantees that you cannot back up.

The Philly showcase, however, is a different story....couldn't fit another coach's camp chair along the sidelines at some games....

Thank you.

But the Brine does offer some excellent opportunities for exposure. I think that's the driver for these kids that want to advance to MD. And why was last year called Long Island North?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I being naïve, but I don't think Brine is a recruiting event? yes, nice to put on resume and wonderful experience but I don't think it is a recruiting event...am I wrong?

In my opinion...
WRONG! it was a recruiting event last year, the year before and will even be more this year. May not have all the coaches there that are watching the HS event watch the MS but I guarantee that they do quite a few come by to check out the rising freshman class.

Could not be more wrong. This is NOT a recruiting event: the coaches are mainly college coaches and thus in that capacity cannot and will not discuss "recruiting".
Certainly some will have their eyes open but the championship game last year,(won by Long Island north for the 2017 class) was not attended by any coaches other than those who were actually coaching the two teams.

Stop making guarantees that you cannot back up.

The Philly showcase, however, is a different story....couldn't fit another coach's camp chair along the sidelines at some games....

Thank you.

But the Brine does offer some excellent opportunities for exposure. I think that's the driver for these kids that want to advance to MD. And why was last year called Long Island North?

From a 2017 parent (my 2 cents/opinion):
- Brine does provide some exposure, but is definately not a recruiting event
- Jake Reed in the summer starts the college recruting game in earnest for rising freshman
- As stated above, Philly Showcase in the Fall is the best college recruiting event for freshman hands down (better than Jake Reed Fall Showcase, Natl 175, etc.)
- Freshman summer - Maverick is the best recruiting showcase followed closely by Jake Reed, then Adrenaline Black Card and Warrior NSCLA Select Showcase

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year there were two teams. Long Island North and Long Island South. This year there will only be one team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea why they are only going with one team from Long Island this year instead of two teams like last year?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Pride of LI this evening?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do we find out the team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do we find out the team ?

Tomorrow or Tuesday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The level of play at Pride was very good. Teams were split up evenly. Toughest part was the games were only 20 mins with each team playing 3 games. Evaluators had very little to go by. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes. Some very good kids were sent home. Overall a good event. All boys chosen should be proud to have participated. Good luck to those selected to play at Brines event in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The level of play at Pride was very good. Teams were split up evenly. Toughest part was the games were only 20 mins with each team playing 3 games. Evaluators had very little to go by. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes. Some very good kids were sent home. Overall a good event. All boys chosen should be proud to have participated. Good luck to those selected to play at Brines event in MD.

In my opinion... I agree!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be interesting on who gets selected, some overall great talent that evening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was enough talent to send 3 teams (and I bet they would all have success) the defensive talent was outrageous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this will sound like sour grapes but the evaluators did not do much writing on their clipboards during any of the games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a talented group of boys Saturday night, Watching with the parents we were all amazed by the level of play. They all played with such heart. Unfortunately the last half hour was not what your would ever expect, these are 13 & 14 r old kids. They are some of the most competitive boys in sports but they are also teammates, friends and support each other. That made the ending very uncomfortable for many people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my opinion... I agree!

Sounds like a little bit of a sham job.... AGAIN!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a talented group of boys Saturday night, Watching with the parents we were all amazed by the level of play. They all played with such heart. Unfortunately the last half hour was not what your would ever expect, these are 13 & 14 r old kids. They are some of the most competitive boys in sports but they are also teammates, friends and support each other. That made the ending very uncomfortable for many people.

What happened?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why they did dismiss them on the spot? A sort of implicit cut. If so, a little ruff. Or did they say dont read into it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this will sound like sour grapes but the evaluators did not do much writing on their clipboards during any of the games.

The first 20 kids were already picked. They were looking for 3-5 more out of 15 kids who were on the bubble. I know they were debating whether or not to take 2 or 3 goalies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they bought the group into the middle and rad off the jersey numbers for the boys advancing to the showcase game, the other boys were given medals it took a little longer then you would like for the boys that did not advance but no real good way to do it, if they posted the numbers it still would have sucked to pack up and leave while your friend were getting dressed and ready to play another game but it was a first class event with a little blip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was enough talent to send 3 teams (and I bet they would all have success) the defensive talent was outrageous.

Agreed - not a lot of scoring(not nearly the number of goals you would have thought would have been scored) due to the impressive defense work

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The first 20 kids were already picked. They were looking for 3-5 more out of 15 kids who were on the bubble. I know they were debating whether or not to take 2 or 3 goalies.

and you know this... because??? You are in the know!? I think you will be surprised when the final names come out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and you know this... because??? You are in the know!? I think you will be surprised when the final names come out.

Yes I am in the know...and no I will not be surprised and neither will be everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed - not a lot of scoring(not nearly the number of goals you would have thought would have been scored) due to the impressive defense work

If the team had been selected back in December, there were definite stand outs, but Saturday night, WOW! Love watching great talent play against great talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Brine was fair and set up very well. My son who is a Atatck was in the 1st group that was got cut and rightfully so. Their was a lot of better talent out there. The only thing that I question is, why did a 91 Extreme player make the 2nd tryout and wasn't present for the 1st tryout? Very strange? Good luck to all the boys who make the final cut.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I am in the know...and no I will not be surprised and neither will be everyone else.

Anyone who was in the know wouldn't tell people in a public forum they are. Oh wait its anon so he can claim that. Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son played in Saturdays event and I thought it was run fine. He didn't make final game but I was happy with his play. Yeah its tough to get cut but its better to experience it a little now than never. Many of these boys may have never been cut before so its tougher for them. This is a fine bunch of young men. Best of luck to all. Thought defense and goalie play was outstanding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son is doing Blue Chip and this, he'll be going non-stop for a week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 or 3 goalies? Why?
Please do tell since you are in the know. All goalies played really well. From what I saw on Saturday any goalie chosen would have been fine. Especially with the defensive strength that was shown. Some had more opportunity than others resulting in more saves. My son a goalie had 6 saves in just one of his ten minute halves. Some point blank vs some of the better shooters. Do I think he should have been picked to play in final game [lacrosse] yeah but that's me being a supportive father and biased. Are there other goalies who might not have seen as much action but are historically very good goalies that were picked to move on, yes. Am I upset no. The problem with these tryouts for goalies is if they don't see action how to judge them. Do you go based on the tryout or previous performance. So a lot of times in my opinion some goalies are decided upon before a tryout. These goalies may not advance to the final team but took a spot for others that were deserving of a final look in that last game based on their performance at the tryout.

Things are changing. Kids are hitting puberty getting bigger, stronger, and working harder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They must be having a difficult time cutting selecting from the 50 to 23, last year we knew the results within 24 hours of the call back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results are up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the boys who made the Brine National...

http://www.nationallacrosseclassic.com/news/alabama-middle-school-boys-a

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine has posted the LI team, a lot of good talent left off the list, must have been difficult. Go to their website, select 'News."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final list is out for Brine. Its funny that some of the alternates weren't even invited back for last game. How does that happen? Guess it makes their daddy's happy just to be on list. .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a crock - 9 selected and 6 alternates (15 total) from 1 team.

Hope those 3 remaining kids who didn't get alternate choice get a refund, unless they didn't even show up.

Brine should be embarrassed to have their names associated to this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope those 3 remaining kids who didn't get alternate choice get a refund, unless they didn't even show up.

Why not just be happy for the players who made the list, i can think of several not on the list that should have been but seriously, STOP the NONSENSE, and just congratulate the players who worked their butts off, and if you were there watching, all the players who attended worked real hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team had 15 kids selected? Is it Smithtown?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid made it. I feel bad for my son's friends how didn't make it. How can kid from 91 Extreme who did show up the 1st time at tryouts become an alternate? very Shady!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year there were like 13 Turtle kids and another 5 Express kids on the two teams. Noboby seemed to think there was anything wrong with that...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After seeing who made the team...I guess he WAS in the know....

Anyone who was in the know wouldn't tell people in a public forum they are. Oh wait its anon so he can claim that. Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not just be happy for the players who made the list, i can think of several not on the list that should have been but seriously, STOP the NONSENSE, and just congratulate the players who worked their butts off, and if you were there watching, all the players who attended worked real hard.

Very happy for those deserving of the selection to Brine, but what about the kids who didn't make it that deserved to. Being overlooked for reasons beyond their ability on the field. They worked their respective butts off also. How can a player who wasn't on the final two teams be named an alternate. If they weren't selected to play in the final game did they do something between Saturday and today to be named an alternate. Its just to make the powers that be happy.

Page 28 of 47 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard