BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 83 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weeks complete tool award goes to the Bellport coach. One of the worst teams out there puts a 20-0 beat down on a team who is really a middle school team and should not be playing. I get it , you got kids to score who probably never have before but you and your team should understand more than most what it feels like to be on the other end of that beating.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree Bellport coach, a complete tool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This weeks complete tool award goes to the Bellport coach. One of the worst teams out there puts a 20-0 beat down on a team who is really a middle school team and should not be playing. I get it , you got kids to score who probably never have before but you and your team should understand more than most what it feels like to be on the other end of that beating.

They also hammered Copiague 19-0. Another classy move...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit (NJ) over Farmingdale 9-5. Summit the better team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony's what up, all those D1 players. 2 losses this week, should have lost to Farmingdale. I wish my daughters team played you, we could use a WIN. not even in top 10 of Long Island schools, who can only take girls in there district. embarrassing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THE "COME ON MAN" AWARD goes to Bellport. come on man you couldnt shut the scoring down at 12 or 13 in game against Southhampton/Ross (0 - 6). Did you have to put up 20. And 19 against Copaigue ( 0 - 11). You team is going nowhere. You lost to Mattituck by 8 goals. and Huntington by 11 and SWR by 10. They could have put up 30 on you if they wanted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"COME ON MAN" AWARD for the season has to go to Rocky Point Girls Varsity !

Really??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really??

Rocky Point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really??

Why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do you even start !

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit (NJ) over Farmingdale 9-5. Summit the better team.
No shame here. Summit is very good this year and can play with anyone. Have several D1 commits including Northwestern, Duke (2), Stanford, Vanderbilt, Lehigh, Colgate, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From a different school, not even same division,so don't know what you're talking about. Their record seems mediocre, no real blowouts either way, or anything crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk D1 games of the week

5/7/2014 Bay Shore @ East Islip Bayshore by 5, EI coach has lost control
5/7/2014 West Islip @ Sachem East WI by 7, way to strong
5/7/2014 West Babylon @ Ward Melville WB by 4
5/7/2014 Northport @ Middle Country M Country to much offense

5/9/2014 Hauppauge @ West Islip WI because they are home, too close
5/9/2014 Smithtown West @ West Babylon West Bab by 2 or 3
5/9/2014 Smithtown East @ Northport toss up, can go either way
5/9/2014 Copiague @ Walt Whitman Come on Man

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM beat Westhampton Beach Saturday 9-7 Saturday in Division2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you want to give walt whitman a come on man agaisnst copiague do not blame walt whitman blame section XI. it is time for another division. More like a development league (sorry brentwood) but lets let the lower competing teams have some good LAX. Do you really think Lindy, N. bab and the smithtown teams like these blowouts against Copiague. Honesstly how do you stop a player from scoring against copiague when the player never sees playing time and wants th coach to play them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe some of the surrounding towns should help the lesser developed towns grow their programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares D2 or 3 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you want to give walt whitman a come on man agaisnst copiague do not blame walt whitman blame section XI. it is time for another division. More like a development league (sorry brentwood) but lets let the lower competing teams have some good LAX. Do you really think Lindy, N. bab and the smithtown teams like these blowouts against Copiague. Honesstly how do you stop a player from scoring against copiague when the player never sees playing time and wants th coach to play them

Yeah and Walt Whitman, N. Bab, Lindy will be in that developmental division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe some of the surrounding towns should help the lesser developed towns grow their programs.

Yeah that will work. LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If mediocre is okay with the coaches then that's what it is !

Put time effort and real strategic thought into something you will get great results !

Just a Tip that people forget !

From a different school, not even same division,so don't know what you're talking about. Their record seems mediocre, no real blowouts either way, or anything crazy.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Yeah and Walt Whitman, N. Bab, Lindy will be in that developmental division.

Walt Whitman had a playoff team last year (10-6) and played W Babylon tough in its playoff game. But that senior class was a bunch of athletes. Three players went on to play in college, one a NESCAC team. This year they have D2 bound senior and a very good junior and nothing else. They have no youth program and weak coaching.

Lindenhurst was also a playoff team last year. Produced a stellar goalie.

Some school programs will have their up and downs without promoting the sport at youth levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't suffolk structured like Nassau? Then all the padding points issues go away and it would be better for comparing points on long island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really??

Totally disagree. One of the real gentlemen among all coaches!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Developmental Division
Copaige
Brentwood
Walt Whitman
North Babylon
Willian Floyd
Lindenhurst
Riverhead
HH Hills

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]ESM beat Westhampton Beach Saturday 9-7 Saturday in Division2.

who cares D2 or 3 ? [/quote
You're right who cares? Power rankings have class C and B teams ranked higher thank your top A teams. Doubt there's a division 1 team that could beat mount sinai

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two of the listed teams were in the playoffs last year. What does Developmental Division mean and how do you qualify?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Walt Whitman had a playoff team last year (10-6) WHAT ??

'' Come On Man '' last years wins

elwood 2 wins
commack 5 wins
rivehead 2 wins
copaige 0 wins
sachem n 5 wins
brentwood 1 win
floyd 5 wins
longwood 4 wins
and the next 2 are top teams in all LI
pat med 7 wins
north bab 8 wins

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]ESM beat Westhampton Beach Saturday 9-7 Saturday in Division2.

who cares D2 or 3 ? [/quote
You're right who cares? Power rankings have class C and B teams ranked higher thank your top A teams. Doubt there's a division 1 team that could beat mount sinai

yeah ranked higher because they dont have enough teams. slim pickings

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Be careful of power rankings as it has a lot to do with who you play. Having said that, Mt Sinai would do just fine against any team in Suffolk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares D2 or 3 ?
your a joke by saying who cares. Just because a school is D2 doesn't make it a bad program. I'm sure with of these schools could give any of the top D1 teams a run for their money ESM has a crazy amount of D1 committed players and All Americans and Westhampton has the same. I'm sure you think Mt Sinai is weak too!! They could beat any of the D1 schools it's just about school size people not about talent so get over the fact that D2 and 3 mean nothing bc more top college players are out of 2/3 then 1 this year!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares D2 or 3 ?

You are either ignorant or arrogant! Either way you are clueless! Suffolk D1 out of conference record is 19W 20L's. many of the losses coming to Suffolk D 2 (class C and B) teams. Suffolk Division 2's out of conference record is 21-9!! Are there good teams in D1? Yes, but there are probably more strong teams in D2! BTW lax power thinks so too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Be careful of power rankings as it has a lot to do with who you play. Having said that, Mt Sinai would do just fine against any team in Suffolk.
my child has played against Mt Sinai and I couldn't agree more with this post, Mt. Sinai, Sayville, Westhampton, Huntington ESM could all give the top D1 schools a run for their money. How come Farmingdale (D1 school ) lost to Darien while Manhasset D2 school beat them. So much for the theory of D2 being weaker then 1

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Doesn't matter who they played. Using the formula that ranks all teams in the division, they were a playoff team. That is all that counts.

My question is the Developmental Division. You can't base it on the prior year. How do you establish this division?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my child has played against Mt Sinai and I couldn't agree more with this post, Mt. Sinai, Sayville, Westhampton, Huntington ESM could all give the top D1 schools a run for their money. How come Farmingdale (D1 school ) lost to Darien while Manhasset D2 school beat them. So much for the theory of D2 being weaker then 1

you can include Bayport to that list! BTW they beat EI pretty soundly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't matter who they played. Using the formula that ranks all teams in the division, they were a playoff team. That is all that counts.

My question is the Developmental Division. You can't base it on the prior year. How do you establish this division?

do it like soccer.. top 2 teams move up a division bottom 2 drop down a division.. middle few stay

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do it like soccer.. top 2 teams move up a division bottom 2 drop down a division.. middle few stay

thats more like LIJ soccer...Section XI already has a developmental league for soccer and it includes schools of all size.
This might be an oversimplification but I would take the four lowest teams from Div 1 and 2 and put them in the league. They would play each other twice for a total of 14 league games and I would take the best 2 D1 and D2 teams and move them back and take the worst 2 Div 1/2 teams in the regular league and move them to this league on a yearly basis I don't think size of the school matter but the quality of the lacrosse does.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

elwood 2 wins
commack 5 wins
rivehead 2 wins
copaige 0 wins
sachem n 5 wins
brentwood 1 win
floyd 5 wins
longwood 4 wins
pat med 7 wins
north bab 8 wins

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

elwood 2 wins
commack 5 wins
rivehead 2 wins
copaige 0 wins
sachem n 5 wins
brentwood 1 win
floyd 5 wins
longwood 4 wins
pat med 7 wins
north bab 8 wins

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you can include Bayport to that list! BTW they beat EI pretty soundly!
I wouldn't count beating EI a huge accomplishment sorry

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Manhasset and Farmingdale both Nassau Conference I teams.

Page 15 of 83 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard