BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Girls Sticks
LILAXER Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
My girls have been playing for two years with beginners sticks (now 3rd grade), which are much better than the boys starter sticks I have seen. Some of girls have $100+ sticks. Am I doing them a disservice by having them continue to use starter sticks and not upgrading them to better (i.e. more expansive) sticks ? At this age will it make that much of a difference?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls Sticks
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by WHBlax
My girls have been playing for two years with beginners sticks (now 3rd grade), which are much better than the boys starter sticks I have seen. Some of girls have $100+ sticks. Am I doing them a disservice by having them continue to use starter sticks and not upgrading them to better (i.e. more expansive) sticks ? At this age will it make that much of a difference?

It's not usually the equipment, its the operator but everyone has a custom stick and a $100 pair of colorful cleats with a matching backpack. welcome to LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

It's not usually the equipment, its the operator but everyone has a custom stick and a $100 pair of colorful cleats with a matching backpack. welcome to LI

I remember my daughter's first custom stick. $120 head, $30 string kit, $20 string fee, custom dye, name and school lettering $40, some crazy shaft, tape, butt etc... Tax $300plus. Now it sits in the bottom of the closet under 4 others just like it. My advice is just make sure your daughters stick has a good set of strings with a proper tied pocket. The really cheap starters can be like tennis rackets, and many of the string jobs from the lacrosse stores are even worse than that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to lacrosse unlimited tell them your daughters skill level. Some stick heads are too advanced for beginners but the stick head does make a difference trust me. My daughter used her first stick head for about three years a beginner one then gradually advanced to a collegiate level head her sophmore year if high school that she has been using. She will now graduate this year and her college coach will issue her a new stick geared toward her position. So to answer your question the stick does make a difference BIG TIME

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have a daughter playing 2nd grade lax. this is her third year playing. for the first two years she used a beginner stick but just before the first game this year, I switched her to an advanced curved head.

her catching and cradling improved dramatically. a lot of the advanced heads have deeper throat areas. at this young age when girls cradle the ball it is usually at the bottom of the head, instead of towards the top. so this really helps with keeping the ball in the stick.

another thing is the pocket. a lot of the more advanced heads have much better pockets. my daughter went from a Trakker Pro to a Gripper Pro and it is a huge difference.

if you don't want to spend the money on an expensive head, I would at least upgrade the pocket.

I have two even younger daughters and next time around they will use an advanced head with a gripper pro from day one.

my two cents

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
LILAXER Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
thank you for all the replies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughters have had the same sticks for the last 3 years. We have had to have them restrung because of breaks, but the stick and head are high quality. It does not matter how many sticks you have, I agree with the poster it is your skill set. I would recommend having 2 sticks though, just to keep 1 for back up.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard