BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whitman will need to win the NP game to make the playoffs I say NP wins by 4 but WW will keep it close to the 4th
A lot of people are sleeping on Whitman this year. They are a MUCH better team then there record says. I say they beat NP 10-6

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why this sounds like coming from 10&11 wm parents complaining?
SHAME!
WM is better than this.
Playing WM JV does guarantee making Var Team.

Stop complaining and talk to wm coaches if you have any issues.

You are right WM parents do complain a lot. Just watch tape of WM and Chaminade game or talk to parents from SW game. My guess is it is the upperclassman or parents upset that there kids are not seeing playing time.

Ward Melville has one 9th grader and two 10th graders who see meaningful playing time. No different from recent years, they have been bringing up 9th and 10th graders for many years at Melville. The Senior Class has the most players who see significant playing time with 6 or 7. Junior Class is right there with with 5 -7. They have a bunch of 9th and 10th graders on the Varsity but they do not see a lot of game time.

Can you explain today asinine loss by the coach and his 9th graders/10 graders super star's as well his calculated move to kill the clock with so much time left.

Unfortunately no. I was not at the game but last I checked Lacrosse is a team sport so I doubt is was one or two players who were responsible for the loss.
I never called the 9th and 10th graders superstars. What I did was point out that the makeup of this team (in terms of grade and who plays) is no different from recent years. The majority of the playing time goes to seniors and juniors. Did something changed yesterday? Did more than one 9th grader see significant playing time yesterday? How about 10th graders? Did more than two 10th graders see a lot of action? I assume it was the same as it has been.

9th - 1
10th - 2
11th - 5 - 6
12th - 5 - 7

I do not agree with it but that is the way it has been at Ward Melville for several years.

Are there players on the sideline who are just as good or better than the players on the field? Yes there are. That has been happening for a while as well but it does not mean that the players who are lucky enough to play are not good.

I can not elaborate on the game management but I will say that players need to play until the final whistle. I am sure the coach did not tell the boys to stop playing defense.

If you weren't there then why are you commenting. Unless of course you get the play by play form the coaches that you have on speed dial. It is all clear to me now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are what your recodr says you are!! Doubtful that the whitman def can hold down northport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are what your recodr says you are!! Doubtful that the whitman def can hold down northport.

That's Funny NP only has a couple kids that can score, and coach Blew it with Goalie that quit. NP going no Where

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's Funny NP only has a couple kids that can score, and coach Blew it with Goalie that quit. NP going no Where

NP with a HUGE come from Behind win Tonight against William Floyd

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport beats William Floyd 14-13, Whitman beat Floyd 15-1....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NP 14 Floyd 13
Whitman 15 Floyd 1

Well see what happens when they match up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does NP have any major injuries? A win over Floyd is nothing to brag about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack beat Floyd by more. Give me a break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of these high school coaches have an agenda. They want to bring up a freshman so they will get all the praise if the player actually pans out to be something special. Some of these programs are more like jv teams with a few juniors and seniors sprinkled in among the 13 and 14 year olds playing varsity. Does not usually work. These players need to develop on the jv team with the exception of the few that are truly special.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truly special does not account for weak rpand or thin ranks...thus not all freshmen on varsity are special at all. Some are just filling a void.

Schools like SA's, Chaminade, GC and others don't bring very well qualified or even committed freshman to varsity.

They have plenty of talent and can afford to let their truly special players in the 9th and 10th grade continue to mature and not necessarily rob the cradle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truly special does not account for weak rpand or thin ranks...thus not all freshmen on varsity are special at all. Some are just filling a void.

Schools like SA's, Chaminade, GC and others don't bring very well qualified or even committed freshman to varsity.

They have plenty of talent and can afford to let their truly special players in the 9th and 10th grade continue to mature and not necessarily rob the cradle.

I dom't know about St Anthony's or Chaminade but GC brings 9th and 10th graders up. Smithtown W, Smithtown E, Ward Melville, CSH, Manhasset have all been known to bring 9th and 10th graders up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe Chaminade should bring up underclassman after getting rolled by Greenwich....he he he

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why this sounds like coming from 10&11 wm parents complaining?
SHAME!
WM is better than this.
Playing WM JV does guarantee making Var Team.

Stop complaining and talk to wm coaches if you have any issues.

You are right WM parents do complain a lot. Just watch tape of WM and Chaminade game or talk to parents from SW game. My guess is it is the upperclassman or parents upset that there kids are not seeing playing time.

Ward Melville has one 9th grader and two 10th graders who see meaningful playing time. No different from recent years, they have been bringing up 9th and 10th graders for many years at Melville. The Senior Class has the most players who see significant playing time with 6 or 7. Junior Class is right there with with 5 -7. They have a bunch of 9th and 10th graders on the Varsity but they do not see a lot of game time.

Can you explain today asinine loss by the coach and his 9th graders/10 graders super star's as well his calculated move to kill the clock with so much time left.

Unfortunately no. I was not at the game but last I checked Lacrosse is a team sport so I doubt is was one or two players who were responsible for the loss.
I never called the 9th and 10th graders superstars. What I did was point out that the makeup of this team (in terms of grade and who plays) is no different from recent years. The majority of the playing time goes to seniors and juniors. Did something changed yesterday? Did more than one 9th grader see significant playing time yesterday? How about 10th graders? Did more than two 10th graders see a lot of action? I assume it was the same as it has been.

9th - 1
10th - 2
11th - 5 - 6
12th - 5 - 7

I do not agree with it but that is the way it has been at Ward Melville for several years.

Are there players on the sideline who are just as good or better than the players on the field? Yes there are. That has been happening for a while as well but it does not mean that the players who are lucky enough to play are not good.

I can not elaborate on the game management but I will say that players need to play until the final whistle. I am sure the coach did not tell the boys to stop playing defense.

If you weren't there then why are you commenting. Unless of course you get the play by play form the coaches that you have on speed dial. It is all clear to me now.

Commenting because there are some people who are complaining about 9th and 10th graders getting playing time. My point is that Ward Melville has been doing it for years. I don't agree with it and I do not think that they need to do it but they do.

My son is not a 9th or 10th grader and I am not one of the [lacrosse] kissers. I was just pointing to the fact that it is nothing new at WM to bring players up. The majority of playing time goes to the seniors and juniors. As is always the case at WM there are boys on the sideline who are very good players but for whatever reason the coaches choose to go with other players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack beat Floyd by more. Give me a break.

Commack beat Floyd 12-10. NP 14-13 not much of a difference

WW beat Floyd 15-1 big difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NP 14 Floyd 13
Whitman 15 Floyd 1

Whitman better watch out for west bab- We are going to be ready For them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of these high school coaches have an agenda. They want to bring up a freshman so they will get all the praise if the player actually pans out to be something special. Some of these programs are more like jv teams with a few juniors and seniors sprinkled in among the 13 and 14 year olds playing varsity. Does not usually work. These players need to develop on the jv team with the exception of the few that are truly special.

9th and 10th graders won the game for smithtown east vs. west. Just saying?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NP 14 Floyd 13
Whitman 15 Floyd 1

Whitman better watch out for west bab- We are going to be ready For them
I hope this is a joke hahah

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you should have said is NP might need to beat WW to make the playoffs, last three games for NP are West, East and WW

2 guaranteed losses, and WW is looking pretty good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you should have said is NP might need to beat WW to make the playoffs, last three games for NP are West, East and WW

Your Right with Power points NP Might not make it, Wow that would be something. No Votes in NP for coach of the year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News just in from the lowest of the low department...just to make the point that obsessed narcissist former head coach and parent from Smithtown West made a scene yesterday after the 15-3 win yesterday against Middle country. The dad ran down from the press box (where he announces the game) and is overheard by many people arguing and debating with his son's own coaches to politic for an "extra" assist to give his son yet another stat for the record book so he can "beat Rob Pannell's record of 11 points in a game. The score was 10-2 at the half...You must be very proud!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News just in from the lowest of the low department...just to make the point that obsessed narcissist former head coach and parent from Smithtown West made a scene yesterday after the 15-3 win yesterday against Middle country. The dad ran down from the press box (where he announces the game) and is overheard by many people arguing and debating with his son's own coaches to politic for an "extra" assist to give his son yet another stat for the record book so he can "beat Rob Pannell's record of 11 points in a game. The score was 10-2 at the half...You must be very proud!

He's also probably not Happy to be in 2nd Place in Suffolk in Scoring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Shoreham wading rivers new coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Shoreham wading rivers new coach

Your Right with Power points NP Might not make it, Wow that would be something. No Votes in NP for coach of the year

Sounds just like swr now....Def not winning anything but hopefully a one way ticket back to ww

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He has been this way since he was a player in the shadow of Timmy Goldstein at Ward Melville. He was embarrassing on the sidelines for years and was removed from coaching a youth tournament, as well as the varsity job because of his antics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me guess the SW announcer who is a piece of thrash and goes by the name of Keenan......Shocking

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all you Chaminade haters just look at their schedule. Week in and week out they play a top team. They can't play everyone and have to play their conference games. You know those conference games that Hills wins 20-2 and run up the score which Chaminade never does. Chaminade does not recruit players and have their pick of the best. Some of the best kids could not get in or did not want to attend. JM never knows what he has until the first day of school. Then they have to buy into the Chaminade way and stick it out before JM even gets them on his team. Not to mention the 2 -3 hours of school work each night. Just so happens the St Anthony's game and the Yorktown game came during Trimesters and senior tests so work load was even more intense. No excuses they got beat and could lose the next two. Why could they lose because again they are getting ready to play a top team from CT and good old Delbarton and then playoffs. There is no tougher schedule out there

I'm a SA parent and alum and find i need to defend the Bubble Bathers here (still can't believe i am though smile ). there is no shame in losing a game to Yorktown (tests or no tests). Quality program up there. Losses happen. Just hoping they lose 2 more games this year and not against Greenwich, Fairfield Prep or Delbarton!

Elite private lax programs should never lose to a town team that has a small fraction of the talent pool to draw from. Two years in a row? It's an embarassment - especially on your home field. Period.

Compare the number of college committed kids between Chaminade and Yorktown. The result is a huge surprise any way you look at it. Yorktown, the giant slayer!

If you combined the # of D1 commits between Yorktown and Greenwich I bet it isn't half of what Chaminade has. How on earth do these little town teams embarrass this supposed lax giant? Greenwich is particularly impressive given how much talent in the town goes to Brunswick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all you Chaminade haters just look at their schedule. Week in and week out they play a top team. They can't play everyone and have to play their conference games. You know those conference games that Hills wins 20-2 and run up the score which Chaminade never does. Chaminade does not recruit players and have their pick of the best. Some of the best kids could not get in or did not want to attend. JM never knows what he has until the first day of school. Then they have to buy into the Chaminade way and stick it out before JM even gets them on his team. Not to mention the 2 -3 hours of school work each night. Just so happens the St Anthony's game and the Yorktown game came during Trimesters and senior tests so work load was even more intense. No excuses they got beat and could lose the next two. Why could they lose because again they are getting ready to play a top team from CT and good old Delbarton and then playoffs. There is no tougher schedule out there

I'm a SA parent and alum and find i need to defend the Bubble Bathers here (still can't believe i am though smile ). there is no shame in losing a game to Yorktown (tests or no tests). Quality program up there. Losses happen. Just hoping they lose 2 more games this year and not against Greenwich, Fairfield Prep or Delbarton!

Elite private lax programs should never lose to a town team that has a small fraction of the talent pool to draw from. Two years in a row? It's an embarassment - especially on your home field. Period.

Compare the number of college committed kids between Chaminade and Yorktown. The result is a huge surprise any way you look at it. Yorktown, the giant slayer!

If you combined the # of D1 commits between Yorktown and Greenwich I bet it isn't half of what Chaminade has. How on earth do these little town teams embarrass this supposed lax giant? Greenwich is particularly impressive given how much talent in the town goes to Brunswick.

I bet sooner or later Chaminade stops playing town teams like this because it's too embarrassing and they'd rather beat up on the weak Catholics like Holy Trinity and Kellenberg and keep their record intact. Well done Greenwich and Yorktown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade kids are politically connected and overrated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade kids are politically connected and overrated

Just a NJ dad here with no dog in the fight. Cut Chamindae some slack. They play an incredibly tough schedule every year and typically are a top team year in and year out. However, it is very tough to run the gauntlet because everyone comes after you. Delbarton in NJ has the same situation. Always good teams with a lot of talent, but very difficult to run the gauntlet playing Chaminadae, St. Ants, Summit (who seems to have their number), Mountain Lakes, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuses. Public town teams with only a few D1 commits should not be consistently beating these regional private lacrosse powerhouses that have nearly a full D1 team sitting on the bench. Trust me, the Chaminade coaches, parents and players are very surprised to lose (especially in convincing fashion) to these public schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to agree with NJ Dad, I'm a public guy but Chaminade plays a tough schedule. Look at last year's state and national champs- undefeated Ward Melville. Because they play in Suffolk A - a league with too many teams, they have only two out of conference games. They played a decent Garnet Valley,Pa. team and Garden City. GC gave them the best competition and was the only team they didn't put up double digits on. As good as they were, if they had say five OOC games and had a similar schedule to Chaminade, I don't think they go undefeated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade has a few very talented kids and some good ones. But the team wasnt recruited. It is made up of kids who decided to go to the school and then come out for the lacrosse team. I think being at chaminade gave some of the kids the opportunity to commit to d1 teams. Doesnt mean the team is made up of D1 talent though. You can bet some of those kids will never touch the field at the next level but if they are able to achieve a better education for it more power to them. They play a diff sched and some times you play a team either public or private that just has the right group of kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade has a few very talented kids and some good ones. But the team wasnt recruited. It is made up of kids who decided to go to the school and then come out for the lacrosse team. I think being at chaminade gave some of the kids the opportunity to commit to d1 teams. Doesnt mean the team is made up of D1 talent though. You can bet some of those kids will never touch the field at the next level but if they are able to achieve a better education for it more power to them. They play a diff sched and some times you play a team either public or private that just has the right group of kids.

My kid is still in middle school so I'm new at this but can you please explain how somebody can be recruited to take a d1 roster spot but not be d1 talent? Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we watched him pull the same crap when his older son was playing. after a goal that his kid was involved with he would sprint to the scorers table and tell them assist or goal from #3! It was hysterical watching this especially during playoff games where he was way more focused on insuring his kids got credit for the point than the teams next faceoff! There were also plenty of times when in doubt he would give the assist to his kid. been padding their stats for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What impact do you think the Chaminade losses (as an example)will have on early recruiting?

If HS programs with a significant number of early recruits on their roster continue to lose to teams made up of kids that have not been early recruited, I think it will force a slow down in the early recruiting trend.

Projecting forward to 2017-2018 it does not bode well for ACC schools which are full of early recruits from the power schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What impact do you think the Chaminade losses (as an example)will have on early recruiting?

If HS programs with a significant number of early recruits on their roster continue to lose to teams made up of kids that have not been early recruited, I think it will force a slow down in the early recruiting trend.

Projecting forward to 2017-2018 it does not bode well for ACC schools which are full of early recruits from the power schools.
None - they know they be well-coached and know what they are getting in general from the Chaminades and Delbartons of the world. Coaches don't just take a kid because he went to a certain school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are Chaminade out of state loses not reflected in their overall standings? Schools like Rocky point who played and lost in Maryland have that counting against them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we watched him pull the same crap when his older son was playing. after a goal that his kid was involved with he would sprint to the scorers table and tell them assist or goal from #3! It was hysterical watching this especially during playoff games where he was way more focused on insuring his kids got credit for the point than the teams next faceoff! There were also plenty of times when in doubt he would give the assist to his kid. been padding their stats for years.

Says the west bench boy daddy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None - they know they be well-coached and know what they are getting in general from the Chaminades and Delbartons of the world. Coaches don't just take a kid because he went to a certain school.

Chaminade should consider taking up younger players. it is working out really well for other teams. They have a standout Faceoff guy who is a sophomore but refuse to bring him up even as they have trouble in that position.

Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard