BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 83 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
if a girl, coach , parent says the word F*** ... she gets a red card, no questions asked.

and rightfully so esp from a player or coach- no room for that crap

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The cards are 2 sided, so when the Ref holds up a card and the parents see the red side...the player see's the yellow...

No, officials carry three cards, one red, one yellow, and one green. They are instructed to separate them when issuing a card so there's no confusion.

are yellow and red- same as soccer

yellow = warning 2 yellows equal a red
red= players sent off
green= ?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by GG1 N J18
The cards are 2 sided, so when the Ref holds up a card and the parents see the red side...the player see's the yellow...

No, officials carry three cards, one red, one yellow, and one green. They are instructed to separate them when issuing a card so there's no confusion.

red= players sent off
green= ?

Green is some sort of warning, like if a girl has earrings in. I don't know what happens past that though with a green card.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

red= players sent off
green= ?

Green is some sort of warning, like if a girl has earrings in. I don't know what happens past that though with a green card.

green card is for delay of game you lose possession

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been thru the Connetquot system....Coach is a joke !!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Connetquot Coach could not win 4 straight games !!

Connetquot Coach is a great guy..I think he is capable of anything

Great guy is one thing...but "capable of anything"? What's good about his coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
transfers , catholic to public or public to public can play . public to catholic or catholic to catholic transfers can not play in league games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Sacred Heart beating St. Anthonys yesterday, even though I think St. Anthonys might be a little overrated this year, congratulations and great job. Before you start pounding me I DO NOT have a kid in either school.

I don't have a kid on St. A's, but keep in mind the transfers can't play in league games. Then take in account they have a prime time player hurt, That leaves a lot of talent on the sidelines. Might explain a few things.

They actually had 2 starters (both D-I commits) out hurt plus the transfer (another D-I commit) - that left 3 starters on the sidelines. Even so, congrats to Sacred Heart

Amen! Long over due!
If transfers can't play how has the girl from Huntington played in 11 games?

Thats a great question care to explain if transfers can't play why she is

if the transfers weren't phenomenal players that your team will be playing against real soon , would you really care about transfer rules? amazing how this transfer rule talk comes up from different directions just a couple of weeks before the biggest rivalry games of the season . Coincidence ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching skills are inept to say the least

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

red= players sent off
green= ?

Issuance of Cards
Delay of Game
Section 28. Timeout must be called to administer a delay of game card. The first
violation should be followed by a green card which shall be recorded in the scorebook
against the offending team. A change of possession takes place if applicable for the
minor foul.
On the next delay of game the official will show a green and yellow card to the
offending player and award the appropriate penalty (major foul). The offending player
may remain in the game.
Any subsequent delay of game offenses will result in a green and red card being
given to the offending player and award the appropriate penalty (major foul). The
player receiving the green/red card must leave the field and enter the penalty area for
2 minutes of elapsed playing time, which will carry over to the second half or overtime
if necessary. A substitute must take her place. The official timer will be responsible for
timing the 2 minutes and indicating to the scorer when the player may return.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can say that again. Inept and joke are good words for it. Good luck Connetquot...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Connetquot coach, and I see I'm not alone....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are alone , just same anonymous coward posting about a coach who's team is unsuccessful because the kids are not very good, they will be good in a couple years as they have talented youth teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely not alone, classic example of a teacher in the district maintaining a coaching position without developing the program thru involvemnet with the youth. In addition, not being held to any standard.
Coach has had many pass thru this program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely not alone, classic example of a teacher in the district maintaining a coaching position without developing the program thru involvemnet with the youth. In addition, not being held to any standard.
Coach has had many pass thru this program

Very true!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that is a Catholic school league rule and was designed to prevent people from transferring in solely for sports. If a player transfers in, they are inlegible to play in league games that next season or year (not sure which)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are alone , just same anonymous coward posting about a coach who's team is unsuccessful because the kids are not very good, they will be good in a couple years as they have talented youth teams

What's his lacrosse background? What impresses you about his coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

but aren't you posting anonymously, and insulting people too? and he's a coward?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age group is so strong?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, im definitely not. They might be good because of the youth league, not coach's ability

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

but aren't you posting anonymously, and insulting people too? and he's a coward?

The difference [lacrosse] is I am posting about an anonymous person he is not, if you do not see the difference your also a moron

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The difference [lacrosse] is I am posting about an anonymous person he is not, if you do not see the difference your also a moron

Okaaaay let's move on, a few big games tomorrow - any predictions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can personally say my daughter was coached by coach P for YJ and he is by far a great coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's probably good for young girls but not for varsity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can personally say my daughter was coached by coach P for YJ and he is by far a great coach.

What exactly makes him - "by far a great coach"? That's a joke!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Tte=Anonymous]from what I understand is the Smith e coach is new this year, in the past the coach would never allow this to happen. and yes the 2 top players played all but n3-5 minutes of the game and there were girls that did not see any playing time on the smithtown bench [/quote]
I can't believe that people have this much time on their hands to even post about this! The bench was in fact cleared and every other team in the league has beat them by the same amount. As for the "the players", get used to it...they are talented!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
enough with beating up on Smithtown east. It was one player, her own team mates were embarrassed she kept scoring. East has a strong team and classy players please do not define this team from the actions of one player and a coach with an EGO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK so a few comments about the Copiague team you all like to trash. The one thing I see about these girls is they do not give up they will play there hearts out till the end of the game. Thank you west Islip for stepping up and trying to help get younger girls involved. The Coaches are dedicated as there is only one for varsity, JV and middle school. Shame on AD for not knowing fields are different for girls lacrosse and had girls practice field lined for boys lacrosse. It is hard to get good practice when fields are incorrect. also shame on the union building and grounds staff that sat around and could not get the fields lined for the girls. everyone loves to blame the coaches but the fact is the district has failed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would you be using these insults if your name was attached to your posts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As another season winds down, what's everyone's thought after the 2nd year of the D1 super conference that combined small and large schools during the season and then sends them all back to their division by size for the playoffs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
enough with beating up on Smithtown east. It was one player, her own team mates were embarrassed she kept scoring. East has a strong team and classy players please do not define this team from the actions of one player and a coach with an EGO

When teams run about the score, it is ALWAYS the coach's fault. He or she can easily bench kids or provide instruction to limit goals. Coaches should be embarrassed when they pummel a clearly overmatched squad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh beats farmingdale and TW gets a yellow card. She runs up an down the sidelines yelling and screaming throughout the entire game. She attempts to intimidate the refs as well as the opposing players. Someone should get this women under control. Hey TW, shut your mouth and let the girls on the field decide the game! And to the other coaches, players, and fans of Farmimgdale thank you for a great lax game that was enjoyable to watch. Players on both sides were a pleasure to watch play. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh beats farmingdale and TW gets a yellow card. She runs up an down the sidelines yelling and screaming throughout the entire game. She attempts to intimidate the refs as well as the opposing players. Someone should get this women under control. Hey TW, shut your mouth and let the girls on the field decide the game! And to the other coaches, players, and fans of Farmimgdale thank you for a great lax game that was enjoyable to watch. Players on both sides were a pleasure to watch play. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

She attempts to intimidate opposing players?

Maybe a slight exaggeration?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
she told all the YJ's on the other team they werent allowed to score or it would hurt them this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop exaggerating , there are rules to how far a coach can go toward the opposing teams bench area and they cannot get very close. If she were not following the rules then it would be up to the refs to enforce and your coach to remind her and the refs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VERY DIRTY TEAM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
she told all the YJ's on the other team they werent allowed to score or it would hurt them this summer

I guess Wantagh Is lucky they have girls that play for multiple Clubs not just YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop exaggerating , there are rules to how far a coach can go toward the opposing teams bench area and they cannot get very close. If she were not following the rules then it would be up to the refs to enforce and your coach to remind her and the refs.

This is not new for her, she does in most games. She did it last year in a game we played against her and she did it again this year. Throw her out of the game already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC smokes St A's. Nice!

Page 14 of 83 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard