BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 83 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Sacred Heart beating St. Anthonys yesterday, even though I think St. Anthonys might be a little overrated this year, congratulations and great job. Before you start pounding me I DO NOT have a kid in either school.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Oh please Suffolk has the worst ref out there and the only reason he is allowed to ref is his brother is a big wig in the ref association. The guy is a complete clown, does not know the rules ,is overly confrontational, actually roots for certain teams and players while he is reffing.He clearly has little man syndrome , every coach I have spoken with knows he is a clown and consistenly give him a low rating yet he is still allowed to be out there. Almost every game the guy is involved with becomes dangerous .

No Suffolk ref has a brother that is a big wig in the association

Ummm... yes there is. 3 village knows who he is. Complete clown.

You must be I'll informed. There are no brothers that are varsity officials in the girls officiating organization.
There are no brothers that are board members of the girls officiating organization.
You obviously don't like the official you refer to. Everything else you add is bogus.

Certainly not ill informed. His bro is the past president. Look it up smart guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His brother is a member of the SCLOA. On the boys side. The brother is actually a very good official, the other gentleman ( keeping it civil ) you have referenced is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Sacred Heart beating St. Anthonys yesterday, even though I think St. Anthonys might be a little overrated this year, congratulations and great job. Before you start pounding me I DO NOT have a kid in either school.

I don't have a kid on St. A's, but keep in mind the transfers can't play in league games. Then take in account they have a prime time player hurt, That leaves a lot of talent on the sidelines. Might explain a few things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please Suffolk has the worst ref out there and the only reason he is allowed to ref is his brother is a big wig in the ref association. The guy is a complete clown, does not know the rules ,is overly confrontational, actually roots for certain teams and players while he is reffing.He clearly has little man syndrome , every coach I have spoken with knows he is a clown and consistenly give him a low rating yet he is still allowed to be out there. Almost every game the guy is involved with becomes dangerous .

You must be I'll informed. There are no brothers that are varsity officials in the girls officiating organization.
There are no brothers that are board members of the girls officiating organization.
You obviously don't like the official you refer to. Everything else you add is bogus.

Certainly not ill informed. His bro is the past president. Look it up smart guy.

You are definitely not the smart guy. There is no interaction with the boys officiating organization. Your premise of a "big wig" is an empty one.
You are a prime example of how a little information can be dangerous. blush

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just goes to show that anyone can win on any given day. Always have to give it your all and believe you can do it. Great job SHA. Opens up the field for any of those top 4 catholics to win it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The cards are 2 sided, so when the Ref holds up a card and the parents see the red side...the player see's the yellow...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The cards are 2 sided, so when the Ref holds up a card and the parents see the red side...the player see's the yellow...

No, officials carry three cards, one red, one yellow, and one green. They are instructed to separate them when issuing a card so there's no confusion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown West and the Middle County Girls Varsity was the worst officiated game ever. I have seen some bad games before but this takes the cake. It really makes me believe that the Officials wanted Middle County to win at all cost.

I will overlook the fact the calls were one sided and the minor fouls were against Smithtown West, But this takes the cake. One Middle County parent yelled out offside. When I heard that I looked at the West girls and found all 4 girls back from the line than the whistle blew. The Ref stop play and looked at the closest girl to the restraining line and told her she was offside and gave possession to Middle County. When play started again the ball move down field some 40 to 50 yards down field the same Ref stop play and handed out a Red card to a West player some 30 yard behind him for language. Keep in mind the Ref was running with the ball watching play and could not see who said what. Now with that said if the Ref didn’t know who said what? Don’t you think the appropriate response was to hand out a yellow to the coach as a warning? No what the Ref did was target one of West best players for draw control and took her out of the game which gave Middle County a 9 point lead at half. Turns out the west player who got the Red card did not say a thing it was and second west player who admitted she was the one with the language problem and all she said was F*** Me it wasn’t directed to anyone.

I am not condoning bad language it has no place on the field, but it happens! However in this case it was not directed to any officials. A red card was not warranted. Interestedly enough in all three games that Smithtown West was carded we lost and all those games we had the Ref as an official.

Something to think about??????

The players are read sportsmanship rules by officials at the beginning of each game issued by NYSPHSAA. The rules specifically addresses negative statements and actions. It also states that a penalty will be assessed and officials are "instructed not to give warnings."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are definitely not the smart guy. There is no interaction with the boys officiating organization. Your premise of a "big wig" is an empty one.
You are a prime example of how a little information can be dangerous. blush

First off a past president with continued involvement in my book would qualify in my book as a big wig. Second to say no interaction with the boys officiating is just ignorant. Third the fact that you choose not to address the point that the guy is a horrendous ref is telling. The guy is a clown at best who acts like a smart --- while he is reffing and a coward while not reffing.Speak to the other officials and even they will tell you he is a clown and hate being assigned with the guy. He is an angry little man because he feels his superstar daughter was slighted years ago because she was on team 2 or 3 and he thought she should be on the US team. A bad ref is one thing a bad ref who is biased, has a horrible attitude,and has an agenda is unacceptable and this clown should be removed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
div 1 playoffs suffolk county, is not 12. its 13... check section XI website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today Suffolk D1

West Islip @ Bay Shore West Islip to strong by 5
Northport @ West Babylon  West Babylon by 2
Sachem East @ East Islip toss up, can go either way
Middle Country @ Ward Melville Mid Country wins by 5
Smithtown East @ Hauppauge Hauppauge wins by 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't have a kid on St. A's, but keep in mind the transfers can't play in league games. Then take in account they have a prime time player hurt, That leaves a lot of talent on the sidelines. Might explain a few things.

They actually had 2 starters (both D-I commits) out hurt plus the transfer (another D-I commit) - that left 3 starters on the sidelines. Even so, congrats to Sacred Heart

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately a lot of top talent has been injuured this year in Nassau and Suffolk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They actually had 2 starters (both D-I commits) out hurt plus the transfer (another D-I commit) - that left 3 starters on the sidelines. Even so, congrats to Sacred Heart

Amen! Long over due!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like YJ when they lose there has to be a disclaimer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen! Long over due!
If transfers can't play how has the girl from Huntington played in 11 games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen! Long over due!

There were a lot of big games today but no predictions?? What happened to the expert predictor??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today Suffolk D1

any results?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today Suffolk D1

How come you keep leaving out Connetquot? Big game vs. North Babylon today!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen! Long over due!

That is a good question - is the rule different when player transfers form public to catholic (St. A's player) versus catholic to public (Huntington)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today Suffolk D1

How do you pick what games to highlight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH was up 10-7 on Farmingdale with 3 mins to go and list 11-10 in OT. Ouch!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today Suffolk D1

80%... Not bad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results

WI 14 bayshore 7 no surprise here
Nport 10 WBab 8 had it the wrong way
Sach E 14 EIslip 13 OT
Mid Country 17 Ward Melv 7 off by 5 respect Mid Country
Hauppauge 8 smit E 7 Hauppauge had off day

and nobody cares about non playoff teams
NBab and Connetquot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results

Sach E 14 EIslip 13 OT

NBab and Connetquot

Connetquot might make the playoffs, if the top 12 get in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results

Sach E 14 EIslip 13 OT

NBab and Connetquot

Top 13 get in in D1 based on points, not necessarily records. Top 3 get a bye:

1. West Islip 10-0-0 12-0-0 159.440
2. Northport 8-2-0 8-4-0 148.000
3. West Babylon 7-3-0 9-3-0 136.440
4. Hauppauge 8-2-0 9-2-0 135.770
5. Middle Ctry 7-3-0 8-4-0 132.890
6. Sachem East 7-3-0 8-3-0 128.670
7. Stown West 7-3-0 7-3-0 125.440
8. Ward Mlvlle 6-4-0 7-4-0 124.440
9. Stown East 6-4-0 7-4-0 119.970
10.Bay Shore 5-5-0 5-5-0 119.440
11.Longwood 8-2-0 9-3-0 119.080
12.Sachem N. 6-4-0 6-6-0 113.090
13.Commack 4-5-0 6-5-0 100.530
14.Connetquot 5-5-0 6-6-0 100.440
15.East Islip 4-6-0 5-7-0 99.330
16.Pat-Medford 5-4-0 6-4-0 97.310

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results

Sach E 14 EIslip 13 OT

NBab and Connetquot

That's interesting I think last year it was top 4 with a bye and then top 12 overall made it to playoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results

Sach E 14 EIslip 13 OT

NBab and Connetquot

They would need to win the last 4 games to make the playoffs. That would mean two big wins for Connetquot against W I & S E

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results

Sach E 14 EIslip 13 OT

NBab and Connetquot

That's interesting I think last year it was top 4 with a bye and then top 12 overall made it to playoffs

Not sure about last year. This year, Section XI brackets list it as noted above... Top 13, top 3 get a bye. Playoffs begin on Friday 5/16.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come you keep leaving out Connetquot? Big game vs. North Babylon today! YEAH FOR 21ST PLACE ?

They would need to win the last 4 games to make the playoffs. That would mean two big wins for Connetquot against W I & S E.
THATS FUNNY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results

Sach E 14 EIslip 13 OT

NBab and Connetquot

Used power ratings last year, same as this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come you keep leaving out Connetquot? Big game vs. North Babylon today! YEAH FOR 21ST PLACE ?

They would need to win the last 4 games to make the playoffs. That would mean two big wins for Connetquot against W I & S E.
THATS FUNNY

Connetquot will finish 7-7, which might get them in, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Connetquot Coach could not win 4 straight games !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THATS FUNNY

7-7 may not be enough with the strength of schedule . They have to play and beat the upper half of the division to make it. Maybe with a little help from others & if they go 8-6.I hope you make it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Connetquot lost their goalie for remainder of the year due to a concusion he got from the coach warming him up

If true wow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SORRY FOR LAST POST IT WAS THE BOYS TEAM THAT LOST THEIR GOALIE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THATS FUNNY

7-7 may not be enough with the strength of schedule . They have to play and beat the upper half of the division to make it. Maybe with a little help from others & if they go 8-6.I hope you make it!

Look at the other 5-5 teams Bayshore is 19 points higher in the power rankings due to their strength of schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Connetquot Coach could not win 4 straight games !!

Connetquot Coach is a great guy..I think he is capable of anything

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen! Long over due!

Thats a great question care to explain if transfers can't play why she is

Page 13 of 83 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard