BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 83 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
60 G, 6 A. There is no argument. Just accept it. What's the big deal anyway. So the kid scores alot. So what.

"The Ball Hog sisters accounted for 17 points tonight against Hampton Bays. Hey coach you should be so proud , grow a set and do what's right. Hey mom and dad if the coach won't do what's right maybe you should . So your ball hog kids scored 17 points against essentially a JV team , any parent who actually believed in their kids abilities would not allow this. Hopefully the Islip AD is not as impotent as the Islip coach , putting up 22 against Hampton Bays , Islip pride at its best."

This is not a SO what. Its plain and simple stat padding and poor sportsmanship. They did not need to have the ball hogs score so many to win that game.Anyone who thinks this type non sense is acceptable should be on the other end of this beat downs.Hopefully Islip will get theirs when they play Mount Sinai, hey Bert how about a faceguard for the ballhogs.

Screamin' Al is getting wound a little tighter with each passing game. The pressure is building and is ready to boil over!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the need to be so derogatory towards such sweet girls. The reality is that this team is never making the counties and the games are the only opportunity for them to be recognizes, which they should be. Stop being jealous and immature and respect the fact that they are doing everything they can to get a medicos team to win.

Is this a joke, there team would have beat HB if they were not even there so that excuse is just BS. Respect for the team you are playing starts w having self respect and when you have kids like this it seems obvious they are not confident in themselves , very much like kids that are bullies.As far as being recognized they are being recognized for the ball hogs they are. We played them earlier in the year w a team that basically would struggle at the JV level, shooting behing their back and laughing at their opponent while up by over 10 and the game obviously not going to be competitive, was not impressive just pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ballhogs and team havent made playoffs, just goes to show you that team play is rewarded . get everyone else involved. islip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to cold sring harbor, mt sinai, manhasset, esm, for beating down on Connetcuits best teams. every game was decided in the first 10 minutes. all teams won by atleast 10 goals. way to golong island. strong issland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ballhogs and team havent made playoffs, just goes to show you that team play is rewarded . get everyone else involved. islip

They made Newsday though,,,,

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have such strong views why be anonymous!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Islip beat the teams they should have beat and their three losses were against two teams better than them (BBP and Say) and a team with good talent but bad coaching (MP). The sisters do look like they score against all teams but I don't think they have enough supporting talent. I have one girl playing lax but when my sons played on the same team, they did have a tendency to look to each other to pass the ball to.
Still don't totally get the power point thing (or whatever it's called) but Islip has three games left that they could possibly win to make the playoffs...let them get the last seed and have ESM give them a beating!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Islip beat the teams they should have beat and their three losses were against two teams better than them (BBP and Say) and a team with good talent but bad coaching (MP). The sisters do look like they score against all teams but I don't think they have enough supporting talent. I have one girl playing lax but when my sons played on the same team, they did have a tendency to look to each other to pass the ball to.
Still don't totally get the power point thing (or whatever it's called) but Islip has three games left that they could possibly win to make the playoffs...let them get the last seed and have ESM give them a beating!

The point is they have played against several teams who are terrible and there is no need for the two ball hogs to score 17 points in games they would win by 10 plus if they didn't. It's poor sportsmanship plain and simple , add in the shooting behind your back crap and it just goes to show the coach of Islip is afraid to teach the kids the right thing to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They made Newsday though,,,,

Wow they made newsday, thats what it is all about, making newsday. I hope they dont think like you. moron.#2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown West and the Middle County Girls Varsity was the worst officiated game ever. I have seen some bad games before but this takes the cake. It really makes me believe that the Officials wanted Middle County to win at all cost.

I will overlook the fact the calls were one sided and the minor fouls were against Smithtown West, But this takes the cake. One Middle County parent yelled out offside. When I heard that I looked at the West girls and found all 4 girls back from the line than the whistle blew. The Ref stop play and looked at the closest girl to the restraining line and told her she was offside and gave possession to Middle County. When play started again the ball move down field some 40 to 50 yards down field the same Ref stop play and handed out a Red card to a West player some 30 yard behind him for language. Keep in mind the Ref was running with the ball watching play and could not see who said what. Now with that said if the Ref didn’t know who said what? Don’t you think the appropriate response was to hand out a yellow to the coach as a warning? No what the Ref did was target one of West best players for draw control and took her out of the game which gave Middle County a 9 point lead at half. Turns out the west player who got the Red card did not say a thing it was and second west player who admitted she was the one with the language problem and all she said was F*** Me it wasn’t directed to anyone.

I am not condoning bad language it has no place on the field, but it happens! However in this case it was not directed to any officials. A red card was not warranted. Interestedly enough in all three games that Smithtown West was carded we lost and all those games we had the Ref as an official.

Something to think about??????

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does Middle Country have to split to two teams. Centereach and Newfield. Two teams are fielded in all other sports. Why are they still allowed to play as one team with a very active youth program and lots of kids playing? Just a question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone tell me how many teams make the playoffs in division 1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does Middle Country have to split to two teams. Centereach and Newfield. Two teams are fielded in all other sports. Why are they still allowed to play as one team with a very active youth program and lots of kids playing? Just a question.

This question was asked a few months ago and nobody cared enough to answer it then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown West and the Middle County Girls Varsity was the worst officiated game ever. I have seen some bad games before but this takes the cake. It really makes me believe that the Officials wanted Middle County to win at all cost.

I will overlook the fact the calls were one sided and the minor fouls were against Smithtown West, But this takes the cake. One Middle County parent yelled out offside. When I heard that I looked at the West girls and found all 4 girls back from the line than the whistle blew. The Ref stop play and looked at the closest girl to the restraining line and told her she was offside and gave possession to Middle County. When play started again the ball move down field some 40 to 50 yards down field the same Ref stop play and handed out a Red card to a West player some 30 yard behind him for language. Keep in mind the Ref was running with the ball watching play and could not see who said what. Now with that said if the Ref didn’t know who said what? Don’t you think the appropriate response was to hand out a yellow to the coach as a warning? No what the Ref did was target one of West best players for draw control and took her out of the game which gave Middle County a 9 point lead at half. Turns out the west player who got the Red card did not say a thing it was and second west player who admitted she was the one with the language problem and all she said was F*** Me it wasn’t directed to anyone.

I am not condoning bad language it has no place on the field, but it happens! However in this case it was not directed to any officials. A red card was not warranted. Interestedly enough in all three games that Smithtown West was carded we lost and all those games we had the Ref as an official.

Please no distraction to the issue of the officials. This has nothing to do with splitting Middle County.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They combine for track, bowling and tennis not just lax

This question was asked a few months ago and nobody cared enough to answer it then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
top12

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refs want to to get in, get out, get paid all without getting screamed at. If you think they care who wins you are crazy. Only thing that might not help with the next call is if your coach is all over them verbally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refs want to to get in, get out, get paid all without getting screamed at. If you think they care who wins you are crazy. Only thing that might not help with the next call is if your coach is all over them verbally.

Than they should be honest and far, what you’re saying is all they want is to make a quick buck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Than they should be honest and far, what you’re saying is all they want is to make a quick buck.

Didn't say a quick buck, they want to call it correctly so that limits people bitching about calls. The better they do means just a little less grief except for parents that arent happy unless they are complaining

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to cold sring harbor, mt sinai, manhasset, esm, for beating down on Connetcuits best teams. every game was decided in the first 10 minutes. all teams won by atleast 10 goals. way to golong island. strong issland
manhasset wasn't there it was Northport. And sadly although a good game lost to Darien.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't say a quick buck, they want to call it correctly so that limits people bitching about calls. The better they do means just a little less grief except for parents that arent happy unless they are complaining

Not true at all. There is one ref in Nassau that makes every game about him. Other refs change the way they call the game when they work with him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true at all. There is one ref in Nassau that makes every game about him. Other refs change the way they call the game when they work with him.

That's because he is their boss

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please Suffolk has the worst ref out there and the only reason he is allowed to ref is his brother is a big wig in the ref association. The guy is a complete clown, does not know the rules ,is overly confrontational, actually roots for certain teams and players while he is reffing.He clearly has little man syndrome , every coach I have spoken with knows he is a clown and consistenly give him a low rating yet he is still allowed to be out there. Almost every game the guy is involved with becomes dangerous .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
manhasset wasn't there it was Northport. And sadly although a good game lost to Darien.

Northport lost to Wilton. Manhasset beat Darien 17-6. All in all a dominant showing by Strong Island!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if a girl, coach , parent says the word F*** ... she gets a red card, no questions asked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
manhasset wasn't there it was Northport. And sadly although a good game lost to Darien. Get your facts straight.

Northport lost to Wilton.
Manhasset beat Darien

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So that girl should not have played in today's game correct? After getting a ref card she should not be able to play today correct?

Please no distraction to the issue of the officials. This has nothing to do with splitting Middle County.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please Suffolk has the worst ref out there and the only reason he is allowed to ref is his brother is a big wig in the ref association. The guy is a complete clown, does not know the rules ,is overly confrontational, actually roots for certain teams and players while he is reffing.He clearly has little man syndrome , every coach I have spoken with knows he is a clown and consistenly give him a low rating yet he is still allowed to be out there. Almost every game the guy is involved with becomes dangerous .

No Suffolk ref has a brother that is a big wig in the association

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm... yes there is. 3 village knows who he is. Complete clown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the ref already. lets get back to Middle Country and HHH's. why do they continue to keep one team with such a high enrollment and plenty of girls to field two teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the ref already. lets get back to Middle Country and HHH's. why do they continue to keep one team with such a high enrollment and plenty of girls to field two teams.

No One Cares!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
manhasset wasn't there it was Northport. And sadly although a good game lost to Darien. Get your facts straight.

Manhasset beat Darien

The Long Island teams that were there were CSH, Mt Sinai and Northport as well as host school ESM. All Long Island teams won except Northport great showing Long Island!!! Manhasset was NOT there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So that girl should not have played in today's game correct? After getting a ref card she should not be able to play today correct?

Larry, what's the rule if a girl who got a red card plays in the next game? If you get a red card doesn't that mean you cannot play in next game? Just curious, hypothetical situation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do they determine who makes the playoffs in Div II. The Section XI bracket shows 7 teams and that makes no sense to me; why not 8? I thought this was asked before, but is this like girls soccer or bb where you make the playoffs if you have a .500 record or better of do other factors come into play where you can miss the playoffs even if you have a .500 record or better in your Div? Thanks for any info anyone can share.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Larry, what's the rule if a girl who got a red card plays in the next game? If you get a red card doesn't that mean you cannot play in next game? Just curious, hypothetical situation

Taken from US lacrosse Women's rule book;

Ejection/Suspension
Section 34. The official has the power to eject without any previous warning any
player guilty of flagrant or repeated violation of the rules, dissent, misconduct, or
abusive language. This immediate ejection will be noted by issuing a red card. Any
player receiving a red card (ejected) must leave the field and enter the penalty area
for four minutes of elapsed playing time and no substitute may take her place during
that four-minute period. Any player receiving a second yellow card (suspended) must
leave the field and enter the penalty area for two minutes of elapsed playing time and
no substitute may take her place during that two-minute period. Once the full penalty
time has been served, the team may substitute another player for the player who has
been ejected or suspended. Anyone receiving two yellow cards (suspended) or a red
card (ejected) in the game will not be eligible for further participation in that game.
Any ejected player receiving a red card will be prohibited from participating in the team’s next game. An ejected player must serve her next-game suspension in her team’s bench area for the entire game including on-field pre-game, game or postgame activities. The ejected player may not be dressed in her game uniform.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhasset beat Darien

What was the Northport score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhasset beat Darien

The Long Island teams that were there were CSH, Mt Sinai and Northport as well as host school ESM. All Long Island teams won except Northport great showing Long Island!!! Manhasset was NOT there

No one said Manhasset was there! They didn't play Darien at ESM. I believe it was at Darien. Northport played and lost to Wilton at ESM. Get your facts straight!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to see West Babylon "stud" rack up the points today against Commack. When will these coaches get a clue? Stop padding stats!!

Look at West Islip - they spread the scoring and that is why they are 11-0. But the Newsday lax reporter will keep reporting and tweeting about girls who "put up big numbers' even if they are against weak opponents. Same guy picks the best players. Joke!

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
How do they determine who makes the playoffs in Div II. The Section XI bracket shows 7 teams and that makes no sense to me; why not 8? I thought this was asked before, but is this like girls soccer or bb where you make the playoffs if you have a .500 record or better of do other factors come into play where you can miss the playoffs even if you have a .500 record or better in your Div? Thanks for any info anyone can share.

Top seven teams by power rating. Top team gets a bye. Great scramble for that last spot. First six teams look set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm... yes there is. 3 village knows who he is. Complete clown.

You must be I'll informed. There are no brothers that are varsity officials in the girls officiating organization.
There are no brothers that are board members of the girls officiating organization.
You obviously don't like the official you refer to. Everything else you add is bogus.

Page 12 of 83 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard