Anonymous #57307 04/15/14 10:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why do you people cry about kids being 1 year older on these teams. We all want our kids to get better and play the best. And guess what when they get to high school they will play kids 3 or 4 years older then them. Get over it. The other funny thing is most of these people on here are the same people who have aged there kid up a level at some point in some league because they wanted them to get better.

You said it..."when they get to high school they will play kids 3 or 4 years older than them". Much different story. Everyone is aware of it when they enter HS. when they are in 4-7th grade & parents (& coaches) are covering it up, its a problem. You can debate it all you want, at the younger ages there is an unfair advantage. LI people should stop whining about it an the southerners should stop defending it. Until someone does something about it, some ppl will take the easy way out

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
Anonymous #57311 04/15/14 11:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you people cry about kids being 1 year older on these teams. We all want our kids to get better and play the best. And guess what when they get to high school they will play kids 3 or 4 years older then them. Get over it. The other funny thing is most of these people on here are the same people who have aged there kid up a level at some point in some league because they wanted them to get better.

Not sure who is complaining

The Crabs 2021 team is made up of 5th graders regardless of age. Because of this, they need to play in the HoCo/MYLA league instead of NPYLL

Come tournament time, they will have to find grade based tournaments instead of age based ones, or they can move up to U13A

I don't think they are trying to hide anything. Many people think grade based teams down to the youth level are the future of lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #57348 04/15/14 03:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who is complaining

The Crabs 2021 team is made up of 5th graders regardless of age. Because of this, they need to play in the HoCo/MYLA league instead of NPYLL

Come tournament time, they will have to find grade based tournaments instead of age based ones, or they can move up to U13A

I don't think they are trying to hide anything. Many people think grade based teams down to the youth level are the future of lacrosse

in my opinion grade based teams keep the age disparity at a minimum or at least the same as U11,13,15. yes there are families that hold back their kids in Kindergarten or 1st grade. Most are kids with summer bdays. and I don't know any that are held back two years. Maybe there are but I'd hope that's rare. So when you're in a grade based tournament (most have separate divisions for each grade) the bulk of kids will be in about 15 month window. Tournament that are age-based it's a double year division ie u13, u15. So you can have teams made up of predominately older kids for the age group vs teams with mostly younger kids. I've coached in leagues/tournaments with both and I think the grade based has been the best in terms of matching up size and skill

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #57388 04/15/14 06:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with most of the people who wrote back about the crying about 1 year post. The grade based teams should be the way to go. But either format the kids are not far apart in age no matter how you look at it. The U13 and U15 age groups will always have kids a lot bigger and a lot smaller then each other. Would you people like a weight limit like football thrown in so all the kids will look the same size out there. Lacrosse is a great sport because you can make up for size with stick skills and IQ. I am sure none of these clubs are breaking the rules for the tournament they are in. I have heard of many clubs moving kids up and down to fit the format of the tournament. If your club is large enough it should be also doing this. If a kid is U15 age but in the 7th grade he should be moving back and forth based on the rules of the tournament his club is in. And the other clubs should be doing the same. So my point is when you leave the house with a U13 team to play in a grade base tournament you should be picking up some U15 kids in 7th grade or just go and get what you get and do not throw a fit. Thanks I am done with my RANT LOL

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #57418 04/15/14 10:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the crabs 2021 team is really a 2020 but all held back so they can complete is a 2021 league. A true 2021 team gave no kids older than 08/31/03.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #57439 04/16/14 07:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No that is not how that works. A grade based team is based on the year the kid will graduate high school. Its set up so when a scout is watching a game he will know what year the kids on that team will leave high school. Like it or not with a grad based system those are the kids from your sons class no matter if they are 1 or even 2 years older then him. Its lacrosse people the bigger older kids can not tackle your sons so everyone will live just fine.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #57447 04/16/14 08:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No that is not how that works. A grade based team is based on the year the kid will graduate high school. Its set up so when a scout is watching a game he will know what year the kids on that team will leave high school. Like it or not with a grad based system those are the kids from your sons class no matter if they are 1 or even 2 years older then him. Its lacrosse people the bigger older kids can not tackle your sons so everyone will live just fine.

As long as your kid is the one 2 years older, ya know with the size and physical maturity to go along with it. You see, I play my kid up against kids two years older so he has to work hard and play tough. You play your kid down because you know he can't compete with kids his own age. So sad. You're probably one of those guys that calls the LI parents whiners because they just want a fair game. For those of us in MD that play with in the spirit of the rules and honor the game, you make our kids look pathetic. As if our kids can't play with kids from LI that are the same age. You're an embarrassment.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #57488 04/16/14 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on the correct U13 team and in the correct grade. The thing is if a kid is in the 7th grade no matter what year he is born my son will be going to have to beat him out or play vs. him no matter how old he is. So I would rather him start it now and find a way to get it done. We are talking about very high level teams on this forum. Not Rec. ball. I think all these kids baby egos will be find if they go 14-1 for a summer not 15-0. And the biggest part of these travel club teams is to make the player better not win games. I am upset that people think every kid that got held back a grade is up to something evil and his parents are crazy sports people.

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #57493 04/16/14 02:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs always preach Bigger, Faster, Stronger...and a lot of times it means older...there are 2 boys in 9th grade, moving private schools over the summer and repeating 9th grade and I have no doubt they will be on the Crabs next year. More talent migrating away from Crabs to other clubs. In fact I hae seen a number of Crab players on their HS JV teams that don't pass, always shoot...all about them..that's the way they are taught in that system...forget fundamentals

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #57527 04/16/14 06:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Help. Where can I find stats on Maryland high school teams (St. Pauls, Boys' Latin and Calvert Hall). I'd like to see player stats with regard to goals, assists and points; other stats would be helpful too. Any suggestions?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
CageSage #57531 04/16/14 06:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So crabs have the Advantage with play back players if the kids are that good why not play up or just play with their own age if they are that good. Instead it is just about winning games.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #58178 04/25/14 02:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs have gone to a graduation year model for their 2021 and 2020 teams

50% of their 2021 team is with players that have already been held back a year and would be playing U13, not U11

They should change their web page to say "Bigger, Faster, Stronger, Older"!!!!!!

Add to that "Winners"

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #58326 04/28/14 10:13 AM
T
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
T
Great day yesterday for Crabs Nation! Still on top.

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #58339 04/28/14 12:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did club blue look? I heard they gained some strong players from next level.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #59348 05/06/14 03:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which age group Club Blue?

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 314 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 313 314