BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 29 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You didn't look far enough !

Click link

http://www.laxpower.com/update14/binboy/natlccr.php

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good catch there Sherlock. Where is this poll from? i googled hs ranks only found College on Laxpower.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my fingers hurt from scrolling all the way down to find Syosset and Port Washington. Chiefs will easily win Nassau, see what happens in LI. Like in any sport hopefully all teams come in healthy and play their hearts out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its all about match ups. Different teams match up better vs other teams. One team may play poorly and the other play the best game they ever have. That's why you play the games and don't go by predictions.

you are dead on correct - in two of the three county championship games the team that lost the regular season game won the county championship
GC lost to Manhasset 7-9 and then won counties 10-4
Friends lost to CSH 7-12 and then beat them 9-4 in championship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better yet SWR??? WOW ...That's all I have to say....lol

my fingers hurt from scrolling all the way down to find Syosset and Port Washington. Chiefs will easily win Nassau, see what happens in LI. Like in any sport hopefully all teams come in healthy and play their hearts out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It must be true. It's on the internet

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why this sounds like coming from 10&11 wm parents complaining?
SHAME!
WM is better than this.
Playing WM JV does guarantee making Var Team.

Stop complaining and talk to wm coaches if you have any issues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better yet, my fingers are killing me looking for Massapequa on any of the top academic high schools in New [lacrosse] and in the country lists. Syosset is right at the top of both lists. still scrolling to find Massapequa even mentioned . Not happening. Would rather have a top academic school w a great lacrosse program than just a great lacrosse program and nothing else. Syosset is a win/win. And btw, Syosset lost to Chaminade by one goal in the non league game this year . Better than massapequas loss so just remember no matter which direction this season goes, can't judge by one game for either team or count out your competition bc u never know .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better yet, my fingers are killing me looking for Massapequa on any of the top academic high schools in New [lacrosse] and in the country lists. Syosset is right at the top of both lists. still scrolling to find Massapequa even mentioned . Not happening. Would rather have a top academic school w a great lacrosse program than just a great lacrosse program and nothing else. Syosset is a win/win. And btw, Syosset lost to Chaminade by one goal in the non league game this year . Better than massapequas loss so just remember no matter which direction this season goes, can't judge by one game for either team or count out your competition bc u never know .

Go to a Catholic school, good education, excellent sports, don't hear much of Syossset kids in the D1 schools on TV but you do hear a lot about Cham and St. Anthony's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pathetic post. Feel better Einstein?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
Go to a Catholic school, good education, excellent sports, don't hear much of Syossset kids in the D1 schools on TV but you do hear a lot about Cham and St. Anthony's.

OR - go to Syosset Excellent education and good sports - you might not see many of them on TV playing lacrosse but in a few years you will be in their waiting rooms waiting to see them..........turn your head a cough

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset did not play Chaminade this year..or last year...or the year before...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow so if I want my son/daughter to become a Dr. I should move to Syosset? Packing my bags now, thanks for the information. I don't think many Syosset kids can get into Chaminade or St. Anthony's not for lack of intelligence but the lack of a Baptismal Certificate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then you're not listening , Syosset is represented consistently by many D1 schools and if you watch the games and listen for it , you will hear their names . At times 2 or more on the same team , Cornell etc. A lot of Syosset players get recruited by freshman/Sophmore year to the D1's bc of their excellent academic and athletic reputation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe he meant Syosset lost to the flyer freshman team or JV team...they have not played the Varsity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I nominate this post for stupidest of the year. You must mean scrimmage instead of non-league because Syosset has not played an out of conference game against Chaminade this year. A scrimmage is not a fair indicator of the team's play. This is a lacrosse forum, take the education debate to the Patch or Citydata.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow so if I want my son/daughter to become a Dr. I should move to Syosset? Packing my bags now, thanks for the information. I don't think many Syosset kids can get into Chaminade or St. Anthony's not for lack of intelligence but the lack of a Baptismal Certificate.

Ignorant post that doesn't deserve a response but if you knew anything about Syosset you would know that by breakdown more than half of the town could go to catholic school with their baptismal certificates . Not that it matters bc like I said , ignorant , bigoted post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Click link

Good catch there Sherlock. Where is this poll from? i googled hs ranks only found College on Laxpower.

Looking at the list of rankings shows what a gauntlet of a schedule Chaminade put together this year - might be the toughest in the country...

8 Massapequa NY 8- 2- 0 99.62 0.00 99.62

12 Bergen Catholic NJ 9- 0- 0 99.47 0.00 99.47

14 Yorktown NY 8- 2- 0 99.39 0.00 99.39

19 Greenwich HS CT 6- 1- 0 99.21 0.00 99.21

21 St Anthony's NY 6- 3- 0 99.14 0.00 99.14

22 Iona Prep NY 8- 2- 0 99.14 0.00 99.14

43 Fordham Prep NY 8- 2- 0 98.74 0.00 98.74

50 Fairfield Prep CT 5- 1- 0 98.60 0.00 98.60

All the above teams ranked in the top 50, plus add to that list Manhasset, West Islip, and Ward Melville

WOW!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mein fuhrer, the post was a response to knocking Syosset for not being represented well on ESPNU and also suggesting it would be better to go to a "good" academic school because they are "excellent" in sports to get to play college lacrosse games on TV. As for your baptismal certificate comment I believe only Chaminade has a requirement that potential students have received all of their holy sacraments and St. A's welcomes all religions - Muslims,Protestants and even those Syosset types.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
hey, back of the cage, how did you let this bigot post through? Whom ever posted this should be ashamed of themselves. Religion has no place in D1, high school or youth sports discussions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a J--- A-- But here you go.

Off the top of my head here are some kids that would have gone to Syosset HS:

Ryan Lucacovic - Chaminade - Virginia
Charlie Raffa - St Anthony's - Maryland
Greg Galligan - St Anthony's - Georgetown (commit)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHAME!
WM is better than this.

You are right WM parents do complain a lot. Just watch tape of WM and Chaminade game or talk to parents from SW game. My guess is it is the upperclassman or parents upset that there kids are not seeing playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this from a generalized commend about catholic schools, D1 and TV. The people who should be ashamed are all of you who would even respond. Ignore the posts and the ignorant will eventually stop making these comments. They, in my opinion, only make comments such as "go to a Catholic school, good education, excellent sports, don't hear much of Syossset kids in the D1 schools on TV but you do hear a lot about Cham and St. Anthony's" only to get a response, and they did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not too sure about Galligan being from Syo and I also believe that Raffa was not living in Syosset when he started HS. but here are a few

Albert and AJ Core St A RPI - Furman
Robert and Vincent Speranza Chamonade (Robert D1 commit)
Thomas Lucacovic - Chaminade - Fairfield
Tim Burk - Chaminade - Dartmouth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Click link

Looking at the list of rankings shows what a gauntlet of a schedule Chaminade put together this year - might be the toughest in the country...

All the above teams ranked in the top 50, plus add to that list Manhasset, West Islip, and Ward Melville

WOW!

You forgot Delbarton too.... All very good competition.
There is such a benefit to playing talented non conference teams.

Last year they played st. Ignatius from Calli.

Now, if the Lax Gods will smile down and get GC to stop ducking them... That would be another great matchup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Alerio Demorales syoHS - Yale
Andrew Keith Syo Hs - cornell
Doug tesorio Syo hs - cornell
Ryan feit Syo HS - Hopkins
Ryan hunter Syo HS - Ohio State

Not too sure about Galligan being from Syo and I also believe that Raffa was not living in Syosset when he started HS. but here are a few

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go.. The posts stating if so and so went public they would be the best. Didn't pequa try that in a post last year. Come on pequa post away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Click link

WOW!

Now, if the Lax Gods will smile down and get GC to stop ducking them... That would be another great matchup.

Hill Academy too! GC and Chaminade afraid to play them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHAME!
WM is better than this.

You are right WM parents do complain a lot. Just watch tape of WM and Chaminade game or talk to parents from SW game. My guess is it is the upperclassman or parents upset that there kids are not seeing playing time.

Ward Melville has one 9th grader and two 10th graders who see meaningful playing time. No different from recent years, they have been bringing up 9th and 10th graders for many years at Melville. The Senior Class has the most players who see significant playing time with 6 or 7. Junior Class is right there with with 5 -7. They have a bunch of 9th and 10th graders on the Varsity but they do not see a lot of game time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Dont think GC and Cham afraid to play Hill. They were beaten on island in fall ball. Big diff frome reg season but they arent invincible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Hill called Cham or SA I bet they take the game. They aren't interested in protecting a record. They want to play as competitive schedule as they can to have their teams ready to play each other. Those 3 games are the most important on their schedules (especially the 3rd one!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Click link

WOW!

so you expect us to believe that the #3 team in the country is afraid to play the 239th team in the country? take your boys and win some games against a couple of good teams and then maybe you will earn enough respect to have Chaminade consider a game with you. Until then go get your shine box why

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Click link

WOW!

so you expect us to believe that the #3 team in the country is afraid to play the 239th team in the country? take your boys and win some games against a couple of good teams and then maybe you will earn enough respect to have Chaminade consider a game with you. Until then go get your shine box why

Who's the 239th team in the country? Hill isn't even from this country, Chaminiade genius! And YES you keep ducking them! Lets see you man up and ask to be put on the schedule with them this fall, or are you too scared? Fact is both Hill and Chaminade are both ranked 2 in their region.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHAME!
WM is better than this.

Ward Melville has one 9th grader and two 10th graders who see meaningful playing time. No different from recent years, they have been bringing up 9th and 10th graders for many years at Melville. The Senior Class has the most players who see significant playing time with 6 or 7. Junior Class is right there with with 5 -7. They have a bunch of 9th and 10th graders on the Varsity but they do not see a lot of game time.

Ok quick math from your numbers show around a roster of 17? The rest must be 7th and 8th graders then. I think the poster was referring to the sideline upperclass players not seeing the field. According to your stats at most 14 upperclassman play. How big is the roster? Their point exactly.

Unfortunately your not the only district that does that to juniors and seniors. Kids are brought up early, could it be because of politicking (unfortunately that is most often the case), unless they are an impact player. In WM case seems that 3 underclassman are legit if they have impact in game. Otherwise, kids don't develop from watching games and practices from the sidelines and have seen these early risers fall flat.

Have heard this happen in many districts in state and out of state and it is unfortunate. Best advice, tell upperclassman to hang in there, play hard in practice and hopefully will fairly get their turn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just watched the West Islip v Northport game on MSG varsity, if they are two of the better teams in Suffolk 1 Massapequa has nothing to worry about

Fundamentals were terrible for both teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just watched the West Islip v Northport game on MSG varsity, if they are two of the better teams in Suffolk 1 Massapequa has nothing to worry about

You are right, they have nothing to worry about cause they will be playing Stown west!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade loses to Yorktown!! OMG, a public school, how could this have happened??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right, they have nothing to worry about cause they will be playing Stown west!!

Heard Hauppauge had Swest tied up till the end of the third quarter yesterday! Interesting!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade loses to Yorktown!! OMG, a public school, how could this have happened??

What happened at the F/O?? How did Chaminade possibly lose 100% Overrated possibly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because Y-Town is a good team

Page 9 of 29 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard