BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 83 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yj beat TG by 1 goal twice. TG beatup YJ in u15 national championships ( the biggest tourney of the year) thats why its called u15 national championships. did anyone ask about MD or Heroes . get a grip YJ parent. and where is yout YJ kid going to college? i didnt think so.

Winning by 2 goals is not beating up anyone a TG U-15 Parent

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for your encouragement, my daughter loves the sport and wants to play in college, but is not playing much on varsity as the younger girls are getting lots of time. While my daughter does play travel which she is very happy with, she is not on YJ and our varsity coach is a YJ coach, and definitely favors the YJ girls. The coach asked my daughter who her travel coach was and laughed at her when she said the name, very condescending. And I agree with you the YJ girls make mistakes and never get pulled as other girls do, and never get back in the game. I still don't understand why they don't substitute much, but I'm hearing that's with a lot of girls varsity coaches. It's a big field, girls are winded, jogging, leaning on their sticks and don't get taken out. They need a break, there are plenty of subs, it's not a big dropoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yj beat TG by 1 goal twice. TG beatup YJ in u15 national championships ( the biggest tourney of the year) thats why its called u15 national championships. did anyone ask about MD or Heroes . get a grip YJ parent. and where is yout YJ kid going to college? i didnt think so.

Did anyone ask about TG moron? Yes YJ 2016 has beaten TG in some close games some by 1 goal some by more the point is they have beaten them every time . Yes the TG U15 team won the Florida tournament so they get the U15 championship, still does not change the fact that YJ 2016 has beaten TG 2016 5 x in a row and every game they have ever played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
suffolk allstars beat YJ 2016.

Yes they did but that was a long time ago , the last 2 times they played YJ beat them by 5 plus goals .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh... I didn't know it was appropriate to call out specific CHILDREN on here. But since we are, if you have seen HER play, the kid puts away almost every shot she takes. Her % has to be 80 or above. From when we have seen her, she is quick and gets open ALOT. Her teammates look for her cause she puts it away consistently. I've seen her go to goal off transition but only when people don't slide to her. Has she forced shots? I'm sure she probably has, but who doesn't at some point?

Looking at scores, and seeing some of those games myself, padding stats would be if they were killing every team by a ton and she was the only one shooting. Not the case with them or her this year. Most of their games were close at half time and even the stronger teams have not shut her down. Give a consistent shooter some credit.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
enough with the yj and tg chatter- don't your own threads provide you enough opportunity to fight over who is better? please spare us- leave this discussion to Girls HS Varsity PLEASE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did anyone ask about TG moron? Yes YJ 2016 has beaten TG in some close games some by 1 goal some by more the point is they have beaten them every time . Yes the TG U15 team won the Florida tournament so they get the U15 championship, still does not change the fact that YJ 2016 has beaten TG 2016 5 x in a row and every game they have ever played.

Nobody cares !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Games today that mean something

Middle Country @ Bay Shore Bayshore bounces back
Ward Melville @ West Islip WI way to strong by 8
Sachem East @ West Babylon WB wins a close one
East Islip @ Northport Port wins

ok here we go
BS 13 MC 12 BS has some injuries, in big trouble
WI 12 WM 9 WI defense weak today
WB 10 SE 7 WB wins close one
N 6 EI 5 N wins again

not bad for a rookie if I do say myself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh... I didn't know it was appropriate to call out specific CHILDREN on here. But since we are, if you have seen HER play, the kid puts away almost every shot she takes. Her % has to be 80 or above. From when we have seen her, she is quick and gets open ALOT. Her teammates look for her cause she puts it away consistently. I've seen her go to goal off transition but only when people don't slide to her. Has she forced shots? I'm sure she probably has, but who doesn't at some point?

Looking at scores, and seeing some of those games myself, padding stats would be if they were killing every team by a ton and she was the only one shooting. Not the case with them or her this year. Most of their games were close at half time and even the stronger teams have not shut her down. Give a consistent shooter some credit.

Ok Mom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
enough with the yj and tg chatter- don't your own threads provide you enough opportunity to fight over who is better? please spare us- leave this discussion to Girls HS Varsity PLEASE

AMEN

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
Westhampton

60 goals and 6 assists. Any opinions on this statistic? Ball hog? Stat padder?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mom

Whether you choose to believe this or not… I have no children in the division at all. I do however, break down a lot of video for various coaches, which is how I have seen some of their games (they have played many of the top teams towards beginning of season). I was directed towards these forums due to the entertainment value and wanted to take the opp to stand up for all the players that should not be brought into any discussion in a negative way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mom

Whether you choose to believe this or not… I have no children in the division at all. I do however, break down a lot of video for various coaches, which is how I have seen some of their games (they have played many of the top teams towards beginning of season). I was directed towards these forums due to the entertainment value and wanted to take the opp to stand up for all the players that should not be brought into any discussion in a negative way.

I choose not to believe it because my kid plays on that team and she has never met a shot she will not take, shoots from outside the 8 meter consistently .Only involved in the offense when shooting otherwise just runs around in the 8 meter clogging it up for everyone else and when that does not work pop out and shoot from way outside. You can guarantee when she touches it she shoots it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mom

I choose not to believe it because my kid plays on that team and she has never met a shot she will not take, shoots from outside the 8 meter consistently .Only involved in the offense when shooting otherwise just runs around in the 8 meter clogging it up for everyone else and when that does not work pop out and shoot from way outside. You can guarantee when she touches it she shoots it.

haha. ok then. What is her shot percentage then? how often do her teammates give her the ball. And has she caused her team to lose any game by hogging the ball? Food for thought. I can't give you those answers since I am not related, nor have I seen every single game. If you are a parent (which I doubt you are) I think it is sad that you are talking about someone from your community and on your daughters team. The downfall of many teams is the parents that cannot seem to get along and are in more competition with each other, then the actual children. I can only hope your daughter is able to talk out her frustrations in person and not behind an online forum. (if in fact your daughter is actually on that team)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do have a comment. Sometimes teams have a lopsided offense. Perhaps the high scoring girl DOES attempt to feed her teammates and they just can't finish. Without the finishing goal, there is no assist stat. Also, if the same player has an awesome finish, everyone of her teammates can rack up assists because they know if they feed her, she will score. So, I do not believe that a disproportionate ratio of goals and assists automatically deems a player the tag "selfish".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do have a comment. Sometimes teams have a lopsided offense. Perhaps the high scoring girl DOES attempt to feed her teammates and they just can't finish. Without the finishing goal, there is no assist stat. Also, if the same player has an awesome finish, everyone of her teammates can rack up assists because they know if they feed her, she will score. So, I do not believe that a disproportionate ratio of goals and assists automatically deems a player the tag "selfish".

define "disproportionate ratio". If there is an issue the girls and folks know what is what

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, just because someone has alot of goals doesnt mean they arent passing. Player cant have the assist and goal someone has to convert the pass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, In addition, so many goals are scored off free positions. Some great assists go unrecognized in this game because of shooting space and fouls in the 8m.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The westhampton kid is a soild player, who will be playing at the next level.. the high school game is too easy for her. goals are the easiest stat to track (obviously) do you think that the kids at the table are really paying attention to everything else, between looking at their iphone and talking, we are lucky they get goals right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The westhampton kid is a soild player, who will be playing at the next level.. the high school game is too easy for her. goals are the easiest stat to track (obviously) do you think that the kids at the table are really paying attention to everything else, between looking at their iphone and talking, we are lucky they get goals right

Is this a joke , the high school game is too easy for her, then why has Westhampton lost so many close games. If the game is so easy for this kid she should have thought about challenging herself more at the next level. Dont fool yourselves , go watch any of these kids who have such a high goals to assist ratio and you will find a ball hog, look at Westhamptons stats and there is not alot of pass, catch , shot going on. That being said I do not blame the kid for being a ball hog , maybe the coach tells her to do so, maybe there are few other offensive options on that team. When we played them the kid is a good solid player who has a sister on the team clearly looking to pass to her, if it works I would tell them to continue, 80 % shooting , not even close in our game .High school game too easy for her , not even remotely close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly right. Also, an assit is recorded if there is little or no steps taken before the shot. Maybe the high scorer is in fact feeding to her teammates and they are scoring "unassisted goals". There would be no documented credit for that play.
So you really can't assume selfishness by stats alone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Div 1 weekend picks

Bay Shore @ Lindenhurst Bayshore 2 in a row, wow
West Islip @ North Babylon WI by 50 if they want
Hauppauge @ East Islip Hauppauge way to strong, by 8
H H Hills @ Sachem East East rolls, by 7
Smithtown West @ Middle Country MC by 5 smith west weak
Walt Whitman @ Longwood Longwood 7 - 2 wow, played nobody
Patchogue-Medford @ Riverhead toss up
Copiague @ Sachem North SN by 10
West Babylon @ Commack HS WB by 7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Div 1 weekend picks

What about Northport at Connetquot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Div 1 weekend picks

What about Northport at Connetquot?

They only pick games that matter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh i'm sorry Northport will beat Connetquot by 50 if they want. Connetquot 4 - 4 beat Walt Whitman (2 wins) , brentwood (0 wins) , (Riverhead 3 wins) , Hills (2 wins) and lost to 4 teams by 31 goals. Are you kidding me Connetquot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mom

Uh......yeah right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So...Longwood crushes Copaigue 18-0. Let's see if we get the outcry from this debacle that Smithtown East suffered!!!

The difference is no kid appears to have been left in the game to be a stat builder,.

talk about Stat Builders..the sisters on Islip combined for 23 points in a 19-7 victory over Deer Park.. with one sister accounting for 15 points

The Ball Hog sisters accounted for 17 points tonight against Hampton Bays. Hey coach you should be so proud , grow a set and do what's right. Hey mom and dad if the coach won't do what's right maybe you should . So your ball hog kids scored 17 points against essentially a JV team , any parent who actually believed in their kids abilities would not allow this. Hopefully the Islip AD is not as impotent as the Islip coach , putting up 22 against Hampton Bays , Islip pride at its best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mom

haha. ok then. What is her shot percentage then? how often do her teammates give her the ball. And has she caused her team to lose any game by hogging the ball? Food for thought. I can't give you those answers since I am not related, nor have I seen every single game. If you are a parent (which I doubt you are) I think it is sad that you are talking about someone from your community and on your daughters team. The downfall of many teams is the parents that cannot seem to get along and are in more competition with each other, then the actual children. I can only hope your daughter is able to talk out her frustrations in person and not behind an online forum. (if in fact your daughter is actually on that team)

"Not related" I don't think so , seems to be a little Freudian slip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh i'm sorry Northport will beat Connetquot by 50 if they want. Connetquot 4 - 4 beat Walt Whitman (2 wins) , brentwood (0 wins) , (Riverhead 3 wins) , Hills (2 wins) and lost to 4 teams by 31 goals. Are you kidding me Connetquot.

You're right, but YJ director might take it easy on YJ coach, and not embarrass him. For some reason, Connetquot girls are never a contender...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
how did RP lose to SWR?

after going so tuff with nationally ranked Mt Sinai
RP seems to have imploded

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right, but YJ director might take it easy on YJ coach, and not embarrass him. For some reason, Connetquot girls are never a contender...

Probably because they've never had a true girls PAL program until recently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
60 G, 6 A. There is no argument. Just accept it. What's the big deal anyway. So the kid scores alot. So what.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is favored to win Class B girls this year and why? ESM is clearly favored but there are some teams that can compete with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes sense. Which YJ coach is at Connetquot?

Probably because they've never had a true girls PAL program until recently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
60 G, 6 A. There is no argument. Just accept it. What's the big deal anyway. So the kid scores alot. So what.

"The Ball Hog sisters accounted for 17 points tonight against Hampton Bays. Hey coach you should be so proud , grow a set and do what's right. Hey mom and dad if the coach won't do what's right maybe you should . So your ball hog kids scored 17 points against essentially a JV team , any parent who actually believed in their kids abilities would not allow this. Hopefully the Islip AD is not as impotent as the Islip coach , putting up 22 against Hampton Bays , Islip pride at its best."

This is not a SO what. Its plain and simple stat padding and poor sportsmanship. They did not need to have the ball hogs score so many to win that game.Anyone who thinks this type non sense is acceptable should be on the other end of this beat downs.Hopefully Islip will get theirs when they play Mount Sinai, hey Bert how about a faceguard for the ballhogs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which YJ coach is at Conetquot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is favored to win Class B girls this year and why? ESM is clearly favored but there are some teams that can compete with them.

Sayville, Huntington.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"The Ball Hog sisters accounted for 17 points tonight against Hampton Bays. Hey coach you should be so proud , grow a set and do what's right. Hey mom and dad if the coach won't do what's right maybe you should . So your ball hog kids scored 17 points against essentially a JV team , any parent who actually believed in their kids abilities would not allow this. Hopefully the Islip AD is not as impotent as the Islip coach , putting up 22 against Hampton Bays , Islip pride at its best."

This is not a SO what. Its plain and simple stat padding and poor sportsmanship. They did not need to have the ball hogs score so many to win that game.Anyone who thinks this type non sense is acceptable should be on the other end of this beat downs.Hopefully Islip will get theirs when they play Mount Sinai, hey Bert how about a faceguard for the ballhogs.

The stat padding discussion was not about Islip. Maybe go take a Valium and relax. Sometimes stronger teams will score alot when playing very weak teams. Been happening since the beginning of time. If your daughter wants the ball she should go get it......not you but her. SHE needs to step up and challenge the Alpha kids. Maybe she doesn't want to and is comfortable being a role player. Either way you need to take it easy and stop bashing these girls. Or maybe we should look at you and criticize your accomplishments because I'm sure you bypassed someone along the way to gain success. Maybe you should have let them get the promotion or better grade etc... That's only fair right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the need to be so derogatory towards such sweet girls. The reality is that this team is never making the counties and the games are the only opportunity for them to be recognizes, which they should be. Stop being jealous and immature and respect the fact that they are doing everything they can to get a medicos team to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know girls are catty and jealous, this thread proves the parents of girls are too. Give a rest you whining babies

Page 11 of 83 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard