BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 83 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think they are talking about SE

You think travel ball hogs are just on one team? Every team has them and it keeps getting worse in both Suffolk and Nassau. Look for the parents sitting by themselves and then you will figure out who the club players are.

Look for the players on the field who can't throw, catch, shoot, pass, defend, dodge, switch hands, run, and you will know who the non club players are. Oh wait, the clubs have become so diluted that half of them can't play either. Many of these players are skulled beyond mommy comprehension.

I have to say I'm not impressed with our club players so you might be right on the dilution. They all force going to the cage and turn the ball over. Can't make fun of the non club girls for not catching and throwing if the club girls are turning the ball over too. The parents of club girls told me they could win games single handily, not happening

This starts in PAL. Club girls thinking they are already the best, don't pass to anyone but another club kid, force it to goal and lose the ball. It starts with the parents thinking just cause they play club they are better and they teach that to there kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

You think travel ball hogs are just on one team? Every team has them and it keeps getting worse in both Suffolk and Nassau. Look for the parents sitting by themselves and then you will figure out who the club players are.

Look for the players on the field who can't throw, catch, shoot, pass, defend, dodge, switch hands, run, and you will know who the non club players are. Oh wait, the clubs have become so diluted that half of them can't play either. Many of these players are skulled beyond mommy comprehension.

I have to say I'm not impressed with our club players so you might be right on the dilution. They all force going to the cage and turn the ball over. Can't make fun of the non club girls for not catching and throwing if the club girls are turning the ball over too. The parents of club girls told me they could win games single handily, not happening

This starts in PAL. Club girls thinking they are already the best, don't pass to anyone but another club kid, force it to goal and lose the ball. It starts with the parents thinking just cause they play club they are better and they teach that to there kids.

Yeah, but the flip side is some of those PAL players literally can't catch or throw, they are just there for the social aspect. Okay, fine, but it does create a situation of very mismatched skillsets. And woe betide any PAL coaches who try to create an A team and a B team, our lax community went ballistic when that was attempted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Yeah, but the flip side is some of those PAL players literally can't catch or throw, they are just there for the social aspect. Okay, fine, but it does create a situation of very mismatched skillsets. And woe betide any PAL coaches who try to create an A team and a B team, our lax community went ballistic when that was attempted.
2 teams in a PAL age group? Our towns PAL program is dying after being mis managed and catering to the club kids. Lots of good athletes are walking away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results from today's games?

Tough day for YJ's. Northport loses to Northshore 9-2.

at what point in the game did the quitters quit?

stick-check

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset loses to Notre Dame Prep 6-5. LI refs had a tough day.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Town kids who participate in travel greatly enhance many teams. Any and every good team I can think of is littered with travel kids. That certainly doesn't mean all the travel girls are good, some are horrible. It also doesn't mean the girls who don't play travel are necessarily bad, but just like anything else in life, those who spend more time doing something at a higher level often makes them better at it than those who do not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Town kids who participate in travel greatly enhance many teams. Any and every good team I can think of is littered with travel kids. That certainly doesn't mean all the travel girls are good, some are horrible. It also doesn't mean the girls who don't play travel are necessarily bad, but just like anything else in life, those who spend more time doing something at a higher level often makes them better at it than those who do not.

I think that non-travel parents are frustrated with the travel kids because on average, they are much better that non-travel (there are exceptions!)
Remember these kids invested countless hours and dollars on training. There families sacrificed vacations and other luxuries to get there girls to this point. It's ok that some don't want to make that kind of investment, but you can't be mad that your daughter isn't playing if you don't make lacrosse a priority in your life. It works this way with most things in life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Newsday really need to write an article about CSH's trip to California where they played terrible competition?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Newsday really need to write an article about CSH's trip to California where they played terrible competition?

Sounds like it was more about a vacation than competition. KIds probably had a pick in the destination and vetoed the poconos when they could have been with the family in the cayman islands

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had a chance to watch St. Anthony's play a very over matched Holy Trinity Team today and was very impressed with how the friars won with dignity and class. Game was14-3 at halftime and ended 15-3 ,starters were out by half way thru the first and coaching staff managed to not embarrass their opponent. Also kudos to their goalie for for a very sportsmen like gesture when she knelt to see if an injured girl was ok.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
st Anthonys should be ashamed of themselves for only beating a town team ( Farmingdale by 1 goal). You are a select team from every town on Long Island. shame on you ... Go Dalers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had a chance to watch St. Anthony's play a very over matched Holy Trinity Team today and was very impressed with how the friars won with dignity and class. Game was14-3 at halftime and ended 15-3 ,starters were out by half way thru the first and coaching staff managed to not embarrass their opponent. Also kudos to their goalie for for a very sportsmen like gesture when she knelt to see if an injured girl was ok.

Total class. This new coach is impressive with her lacrosse acumen and the way she carries herself. She is a great role model to these high school girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
st Anthonys should be ashamed of themselves for only beating a town team ( Farmingdale by 1 goal). You are a select team from every town on Long Island. shame on you ... Go Dalers

ashamed of themselves? They won against a strong team (farmingdale).

Why do some of these town teams have such an issue with St Anthony girls team?

Farmingdale, Manhasset, GC are all great teams too, so just enjoy the local high--end competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Farmingdale, Manhasset, GC are all great teams too, so just enjoy the local high--end competition.
I would not say it was a Town maybe individual Parents my daughter plays Public has friends on St Ants. good for the girls who choose to go there and play do we miss them yeah but as I said good for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its essentially a summer travel team vs a summer town team argument. Also some of these coaches have spent countless hours developing kids only to have them leave the program. I could see the frustration of a coach who brings a kid with a lot of potential up in 8th grade and works them into games etc, only to have them leave.That being said who cares its not like St.Anthony is standing in your way of a state championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It's very sad to hear you pathetic jealous parents talking about innocent kids. LOSERS! These are exceptional, smart athletes that train all year long to strive to play the very best they can. Good for them if they are committed to college early. You are obviously bitter because your so called "athletes " are not exactly athletes. Maybe your kids should train harder. It's just so sad how jealous you all sound, especially of the "yellow jackets" which by the way are the best players in the country. So don't hate.....TRAIN YOUR KIDS! You should focus more on your own kids and not spend so much time on this forum wishing your kid was an athlete. Best of luck!, [/quote

So says the ball hogs mom . Everyone knows this kid is building her stats against weaker teams ,scoring tons of points in games her team does not need her to do so. Teamates , parents, coaches from high school and her travel teams know that the kid is all about getting hers if it helps the team or not she does not care. On a semi positive note her parents are very upfront that they believe she is the best player in her age and are not shy about letting people know everything should go thru her in their minds, at least they are honest about it.

This poster hit right on the head! Parents get into the kids ear and the kid does what mommy and daddy say. Very selfish on this families part, the let me get mine mentality has spilled into our community that's why people don't care for you and what you are bringing to our high school "TEAM". It is my understanding that the sentiment has also rolled over to her YJ team as well, too good to attend all of the "YJ" tourneys "why waste my time". What happened stick it out until all of your "YJ" teammates get recruited. CR better tighten up her ship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It's very sad to hear you pathetic jealous parents talking about innocent kids. LOSERS! These are exceptional, smart athletes that train all year long to strive to play the very best they can. Good for them if they are committed to college early. You are obviously bitter because your so called "athletes " are not exactly athletes. Maybe your kids should train harder. It's just so sad how jealous you all sound, especially of the "yellow jackets" which by the way are the best players in the country. So don't hate.....TRAIN YOUR KIDS! You should focus more on your own kids and not spend so much time on this forum wishing your kid was an athlete. Best of luck!, [/quote

So says the ball hogs mom . Everyone knows this kid is building her stats against weaker teams ,scoring tons of points in games her team does not need her to do so. Teamates , parents, coaches from high school and her travel teams know that the kid is all about getting hers if it helps the team or not she does not care. On a semi positive note her parents are very upfront that they believe she is the best player in her age and are not shy about letting people know everything should go thru her in their minds, at least they are honest about it.

This poster hit right on the head! Parents get into the kids ear and the kid does what mommy and daddy say. Very selfish on this families part, the let me get mine mentality has spilled into our community that's why people don't care for you and what you are bringing to our high school "TEAM". It is my understanding that the sentiment has also rolled over to her YJ team as well, too good to attend all of the "YJ" tourneys "why waste my time". What happened stick it out until all of your "YJ" teammates get recruited. CR better tighten up her ship

We see it on our team, when one girl gets hot, the other travel girls start pressing and their parents start pacing! Nothing worse than losing and watching selfish play. If you are going to go down, go with good team chemistry and a nice parents sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What eventually happens is the other kids on the team both travel and high school end up knowing the kid is only out to get hers and just stop passing to her. In the end it all hurts the team but that is what you get when one kid is all about herself and the coaches allow it. look at the leader board for scoring you have kids with 10x more goals than assists,sorry but kids with that ratio are ball hogs.The best kids are great players who make the kids around them better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What eventually happens is the other kids on the team both travel and high school end up knowing the kid is only out to get hers and just stop passing to her. In the end it all hurts the team but that is what you get when one kid is all about herself and the coaches allow it. look at the leader board for scoring you have kids with 10x more goals than assists,sorry but kids with that ratio are ball hogs.The best kids are great players who make the kids around them better.

On our team the coach runs play after play for her "anointed ones" who also happen to play on her travel team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On our team the coach runs play after play for her "anointed ones" who also happen to play on her travel team.

How's that working out for the team? Looks like 3 loses!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You talk about pathetic jealous parents talking about "innocent kids", the go on to say your "athletes" are not exactly athletes and "train your kids". What about the "innocent kids" who's parents can't afford or have the time to take their kids all the camps, clinics, private lessons, and travel programs. I guess they can't play for their school team either, no one will ever pass them the ball. The days of just trying out for a sport/team she enjoys are over. Lacrosse has turned into a sport for the middle to upper class, where you can buy skill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Westhampton

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You talk about pathetic jealous parents talking about "innocent kids", the go on to say your "athletes" are not exactly athletes and "train your kids". What about the "innocent kids" who's parents can't afford or have the time to take their kids all the camps, clinics, private lessons, and travel programs. I guess they can't play for their school team either, no one will ever pass them the ball. The days of just trying out for a sport/team she enjoys are over. Lacrosse has turned into a sport for the middle to upper class, where you can buy skill.

I'm calling bs on that comment. My kid is from a middle class family that goes paycheck to paycheck. When she was in 4th grade I took her to the local school 3 days a week and had her play wall ball for 45 min . It was free and has made her into a kid with great stick skills . All for free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
especially of the "yellow jackets" which by the way are the best players in the country.

at what age are they the best in the country? I think some other teams have won the championships in Florida the last couple years, not the yellow jackets. where do you get your facts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what do you mean by Westhampton?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about we get back to the HS games instead of picking on individual players? How are this weeks match ups playing out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tomorrow will be a big day for some

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Westhampton

Unless you are at every game for a particular school you do not really have any right to call any individual a ball hog based off numbers you see on Newsday. Are you taking into consideration shot %? Or how about whether or not the goals they score are assisted on? Just because someone is high on goals, doesn't mean they are hogging the ball. If they are getting open and putting the ball away, then good on them! There are many more stats that need to be taken into consideration. Is the team winning? Are they competing with the top teams in the division? We all need to stop being so black and white. In the game of lacrosse, there is a lot of gray area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On our team we now have pissed off upper classman YJ's with underclassman YJ's. When the uppers came through the last couple of years we all had to eat it. Now they are eating it and they aren't happy. See we told you it didn't feel too good.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

If they are getting open and putting the ball away, then good on them! There are many more stats that need to be taken into consideration.

And that pretty much is not going to happen when playing a higher level team. It's pretty darn rare for anyone to get through a good defense. This is why the numbers-girls run up their stats while playing weaker teams, because they can't when they're playing the stronger teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
especially of the "yellow jackets" which by the way are the best players in the country.

at what age are they the best in the country? I think some other teams have won the championships in Florida the last couple years, not the yellow jackets. where do you get your facts?

Not sure of many age groups but YJ has the best players in the 2016 age group. They have beaten TG 2016 every time they have played (4-5 times), they have beaten MD the last 4-5 times they have played, beaten Heroes every time. Yes they have not won the Florida tournament so if you want to say TG is best U15 team based on that one tournament go ahead , the only issue is that is not an actual team that plays together ever again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Westhampton

Unless you are at every game for a particular school you do not really have any right to call any individual a ball hog based off numbers you see on Newsday. Are you taking into consideration shot %? Or how about whether or not the goals they score are assisted on? Just because someone is high on goals, doesn't mean they are hogging the ball. If they are getting open and putting the ball away, then good on them! There are many more stats that need to be taken into consideration. Is the team winning? Are they competing with the top teams in the division? We all need to stop being so black and white. In the game of lacrosse, there is a lot of gray area.

60 goals and 6 assists. Any opinions on this statistic? Ball hog? Stat padder?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure of many age groups but YJ has the best players in the 2016 age group. They have beaten TG 2016 every time they have played (4-5 times), they have beaten MD the last 4-5 times they have played, beaten Heroes every time. Yes they have not won the Florida tournament so if you want to say TG is best U15 team based on that one tournament go ahead , the only issue is that is not an actual team that plays together ever again.

I have to agree with the above... TG daddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yj beat TG by 1 goal twice. TG beatup YJ in u15 national championships ( the biggest tourney of the year) thats why its called u15 national championships. did anyone ask about MD or Heroes . get a grip YJ parent. and where is yout YJ kid going to college? i didnt think so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Games today that mean something

Middle Country @ Bay Shore Bayshore bounces back
Ward Melville @ West Islip WI way to strong by 8
Sachem East @ West Babylon WB wins a close one
East Islip @ Northport Port wins

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
suffolk allstars beat YJ 2016.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm calling bs on that comment. My kid is from a middle class family that goes paycheck to paycheck. When she was in 4th grade I took her to the local school 3 days a week and had her play wall ball for 45 min . It was free and has made her into a kid with great stick skills . All for free.

I agree in what your saying however the fact remains true most coaches, especially the ones who coach yello Jackets during the summer and then coach high school teams as well. DO not give their non travel p[layers a second glance or chance. In our district if the YJ girl who is on the blue team screws up the coach doesnt even look to pul;l that kid out, but if the non YJ player or the non blue player screws up she pretty much doesnt see the field at all ever again. I think that high school ADs should start going back to the day where it was a conflict of interest to coach travel over the summer and then your high school team. It is forces people to feel like they need to participate or there kid will be left behind. My daughter chose to work out on her own and sat the bench all four years on her high school varsity team. Even as a committed senior she watched freshman coming and going on the field but never touched it. SHe attended summer camps for the schools she was interested in both academically and athletically and was recruited. SHe currently plays at a middle of the bunch D1 school and is getting more playing time then some of the travel players who spent thousands of dollars getting the same looks. Too much emphasis on the travel programs and the winning at all costs in high school. A girl who loves the sport and is in her junior of college playing and getting a great education at one point almost walked away from the sport becaue a high school coach wouldnt give her the chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Westhampton

And mom doesn't think they pass enough to her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Westhampton

girl is a shooter, gets ball in 8 , and shoots. simple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yj beat TG by 1 goal twice. TG beatup YJ in u15 national championships ( the biggest tourney of the year) thats why its called u15 national championships. did anyone ask about MD or Heroes . get a grip YJ parent. and where is yout YJ kid going to college? i didnt think so.

Take this crap off the HS thread put it on the 2016 thread

Page 10 of 83 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard