Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#57801 - 04/21/14 07:33 AM Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout  
Powderfinger Online content
Back of THE CAGE
Powderfinger  Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Suffolk County
Anyone know who's running this? Same crew as in prior years?

Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#57805 - 04/21/14 08:15 AM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Powderfinger]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Powderfinger

is this UnderArmour? Or is it something else?

Top Reply Quote
#57807 - 04/21/14 08:34 AM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Powderfinger]  
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Suffolk County

Top Reply Quote
#57814 - 04/21/14 10:55 AM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous

Different from Under Armour. Through US Lacrosse...

Top Reply Quote
#57824 - 04/21/14 12:52 PM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Different from Under Armour. Through US Lacrosse...

Kid trying out for both, new to this. Is one (Schoolgirl/UA) better than the other or roughly equal?

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#57827 - 04/21/14 02:42 PM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Anonymous]  
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Suffolk County
Okay (deep breath, diving in), both these programs have, in the past, been run by CR/the YJ. There has been a feeling that the tryouts are therefore biased. You can search this forum a year ago or so for that discussion because of course there are those who claim that it is in no way biased.

This is why I wanted to know who is running it this year, although I guess I can safely assume it's the YJ organization again since tryouts are being held at Mt. Sinai. smirk

Top Reply Quote
#57835 - 04/21/14 03:51 PM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Powderfinger]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay (deep breath, diving in), both these programs have, in the past, been run by CR/the YJ. There has been a feeling that the tryouts are therefore biased. You can search this forum a year ago or so for that discussion because of course there are those who claim that it is in no way biased.

This is why I wanted to know who is running it this year, although I guess I can safely assume it's the YJ organization again since tryouts are being held at Mt. Sinai. smirk

It's sad that the LI Metropolitan Lacrosse Foundation has allowed this to go on for so long. This is supposed to be a US Lacrosse sponsored event.

Top Reply Quote
#57839 - 04/21/14 04:31 PM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's sad that the LI Metropolitan Lacrosse Foundation has allowed this to go on for so long. This is supposed to be a US Lacrosse sponsored event.

The very strong kids from other clubs will make it, they have too otherwise it reflects as a job badly done. The crime is on the borderline kids and the lean towards your own. Don't worry with so many yj teams in every age group these days, many yj kids will be overlooked as well.

Top Reply Quote
#57840 - 04/21/14 04:38 PM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

MS is hosting because no other high school would step up to do so. Pls check with US Lacrosse if you doubt this. In fact a memo from US Lax went asking for field offers for next year. Further, at last tryout there were coaches from many different high schools and organizations: YJ, top gun, 91 and Express.

Top Reply Quote
#57842 - 04/21/14 05:57 PM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Powderfinger]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

My daughter is not a YJ , tried out made 2 nd team last year, coached by Daniel Gallagher. Her high school teammate is YJ , they are of about equal ability , her teammate did not make any team. The 2 nd team , although not sure had about 3 Yj kids. Take that info for what it's worth.

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#57851 - 04/21/14 10:03 PM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Powderfinger]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please stop with the conspiracy theories already. Angela Richie (president of US lacrosse LI chapter) is a MT Sinai resident and son Chris was an all american there, I am sure that had more to do with it.

Top Reply Quote
#58041 - 04/24/14 10:09 AM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

The problem is that the high school coaches are not showing up to evaluate. US lax has send tons of requests for evaluators. CR is the only one providing the evaluators. Unless non-YJ high school coaches step up, the problem will continue. Averyone should contact their AD at their school and demand that an evaluator be sent on their behalf. Also, it is a full Sunday afternoon. Unpaid. Most coaches are not that interested in giving up their free time.

Top Reply Quote
#58054 - 04/24/14 11:48 AM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Powderfinger]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

will the tryout be closed again? I believe in the past that parents etc were told to drop off and leave.. I havent seen that "warning" this year

Top Reply Quote
#58057 - 04/24/14 12:15 PM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

The problem is that the high school coaches are not showing up to evaluate. US lax has send tons of requests for evaluators. CR is the only one providing the evaluators. Unless non-YJ high school coaches step up, the problem will continue. Averyone should contact their AD at their school and demand that an evaluator be sent on their behalf. Also, it is a full Sunday afternoon. Unpaid. Most coaches are not that interested in giving up their free time.

Coaches are not wasting their time because CR has controlled this for so many years. LIMLF should bring in independent evaluators. Ones who's paychecks are not in conflict with their evaluations.

Top Reply Quote
#58065 - 04/24/14 12:59 PM Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

No parents allowed at all! Not even the ones manning the Mount Sinai concession stand!!!!

Top Reply Quote
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Battle by the Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Lacrosse Tournament
JC17 Memorial Shootout for Dreams