BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 99 of 220 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hows worlds greatest college coach doing now. 5 and 8 .... just because your a great player doesnt mean you can be average at best coach

Go away you miserable p---k.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many key players did JS take to Stony Brook with him. I think it is easy to build when you take key parts with you ( Goalie , Backer for D and some key players on O) not bad. be fair and try from scratch it takes a few years to get your players on board be Fair!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope my daughter decides to get off island to play in college, neither of these is remotely attractive in the big picture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was this the year she was going to put her stamp on the program. Looks like the gap both academically and for womens lacrosse has widened between Stony Brook and Hofstra since the respective coaches took over.Tuff to build a program on Long Island if YJ kids are hesitant about going there.

She won't recruit them because of the baggage (parents).

Actually she tries to recruit a lot of them just most will not consider going there for various reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most kids want to go away so it limits what you have to pick from when recruiting LI. Hofstra is a good education but its in Hempstead LI. Stony Brook offer a much cheaper cost and a better education, that's a fact. Adelphi and Post appeal to the kids with the lower grades that want to stay home play and know they are going to fly through school as a student athlete.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some simple facts
1. Y.J 2015 blue never won against MD lasers, Liberty 2015 black tied them

2. Sky walkers - Y.J. 2015 blue lost twice won once, Top guns 2015 black won by a goal, and lost by a goal or 2, liberty 2015 black lost by 2

3. liberty 2015 black lost to 2015 Skak by 1, and Top guns 2015 black by 1 in Florida before every team started holding try outs fir the U-15.

Sounds like liberty is in the mix, though Y.J. does win more games. As far as tournaments go, C.R. sends her teams to tournaments where she can control who her teams play, thats why the top 5 clubs rarely play them in pool play (give me what I want or I will take my ball and go home $$$$$$) When you have 5 teams per age group that translates to a lot of money for a tourney promoter. winning lax for a cure isn't that big a deal if you can make sure you reach the finals, if you know what I mean.

One thing is for sure, D.G sends a lot of girls to the Ivy's, so at the very least the smarter people are at liberty

Manhasett and garden city send kids everywhere because the parents can write the checks! 5-10K in scholarship and 40K check and the kids get to tell evrybody they play on a lax scholarship at whatever school - been the story for many years on the boys and girls side

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bill fyi... Yellow jackets are practicing already... whats going on here. they have a leg up already.

Go look on the M&D and Skywalkers websites at their practice schedules - they will both have 30-40 practices before national draw and will have played a season of spring ball together. LI clubs are all about the money, Maryland charges less and delivers a lot more. Its a testament to the ability of LI kids that they can actually compete with these clubs considering the lack of practice time together

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bill fyi... Yellow jackets are practicing already... whats going on here. they have a leg up already.

Go look on the M&D and Skywalkers websites at their practice schedules - they will both have 30-40 practices before national draw and will have played a season of spring ball together. LI clubs are all about the money, Maryland charges less and delivers a lot more. Its a testament to the ability of LI kids that they can actually compete with these clubs considering the lack of practice time together

It is surprising that the TG teams can compete, with only 10 practices all summer, probably 5 before first tournament, and probably without their actual coaches. That's what you get with TG, so if you want more, you go to YJ's. It's far from perfect there too, but they'll definitely offer more, and have more high level coaches. TG tries for more of a family atmosphere, much less intense, sort of take it or leave it, with SOME very good coaches. My son's travel team will have about 20 team practices, with their regular coaches, before their first tournament. You can't have everything, so you have to go wherever is best for your daughter and your family. We wish they have about twice as many practices, but we like TG, and so does our daughter, so it works for us, but not for everyone...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hows worlds greatest college coach doing now. 5 and 8 .... just because your a great player doesnt mean you can be average at best coach

Go away you miserable p---k.

HAD SHE GONE TO THE HS MANY THOUGHT SHE WOULD HAVE GONE TO SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN HANDED A QUALITY TEAM. YET THAT QUALITY TEAM HAS NOT FAIRED WELL THIS YEAR. HAD SHE BEEN THE COACH IMAGINE ALL THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SAID.

SO ONE NEVER KNOWS HOW THINGS WILL WORKOUT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some people actually like the fact that TG don't over do the whole team thing trying to stuff extra team practices, training and tournaments down your throat, feeling like your going to be missing out/ left out if you don't participate. It is good to get involved with different people in in the millions of other lacrosse opportunities that are out there. It is nice to get away from some of the players and parents that you have been selected to play with and play with people you choose. If the only thing you do is tg lacrosse, then yes M&D or some of the YJ teams the girls will see more practice and training, but most girls from TG play 75% or more of their lacrosse in non TG events, thank goodness.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is surprising that the TG teams can compete, with only 10 practices all summer, probably 5 before first tournament, and probably without their actual coaches. That's what you get with TG, so if you want more, you go to YJ's. It's far from perfect there too, but they'll definitely offer more, and have more high level coaches. TG tries for more of a family atmosphere, much less intense, sort of take it or leave it, with SOME very good coaches. My son's travel team will have about 20 team practices, with their regular coaches, before their first tournament. You can't have everything, so you have to go wherever is best for your daughter and your family. We wish they have about twice as many practices, but we like TG, and so does our daughter, so it works for us, but not for everyone...

well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some people actually like the fact that TG don't over do the whole team thing trying to stuff extra team practices, training and tournaments down your throat, feeling like your going to be missing out/ left out if you don't participate. It is good to get involved with different people in in the millions of other lacrosse opportunities that are out there. It is nice to get away from some of the players and parents that you have been selected to play with and play with people you choose. If the only thing you do is tg lacrosse, then yes M&D or some of the YJ teams the girls will see more practice and training, but most girls from TG play 75% or more of their lacrosse in non TG events, thank goodness.

I think that the point of the original post was that none of the long island clubs are getting an appropriate amount of practice for the summer season compared to maryland teams, which do charge less and deliver more - that's an undisputable fact. the older teams, especially where most kids are committed or close to it could care less, but I'm sure the rest of the teams would like to have 15-20 practices by the time the summer season starts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last I heard YJ were only advertising 10 practices per team as well...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How stupid are the people saying an Ivy league school will take only people that can write the check, the acceptance process to these schools are brutal, how many kids that could write the check, or play lax, or both get wait listed or denied because of poor grades. I mean a kid from William Floyd just got accepted to all the Ivy's and I'm positive his family can't write the check, or play lax, and he will not pay a dime to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How stupid are the people saying an Ivy league school will take only people that can write the check, the acceptance process to these schools are brutal, how many kids that could write the check, or play lax, or both get wait listed or denied because of poor grades. I mean a kid from William Floyd just got accepted to all the Ivy's and I'm positive his family can't write the check, or play lax, and he will not pay a dime to go.

Most of the IVY's are 56-60 thousand with no athletic money but most will get a nice chunk of academic change. If your kid can play they really have a lot of flexibility on the entrance requirements. But that is also why ivy's offer commits late they want to see how the kids test and do in HS as opposed to some big time sport schools who will lock up a 6th grader who can't spell as long as they can play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all, endowments are huge with the Ivy's and this translates to $$ based on need. But make no mistake, being able to "write a check" has no weight on gaining admittance. There are different "doors" aka athletics, legacy, - but unless admittance gives the thumbs up you're not getting in. Doesn't matter what size check you can write!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some simple facts
1. Y.J 2015 blue never won against MD lasers, Liberty 2015 black tied them

2. Sky walkers - Y.J. 2015 blue lost twice won once, Top guns 2015 black won by a goal, and lost by a goal or 2, liberty 2015 black lost by 2

3. liberty 2015 black lost to 2015 Skak by 1, and Top guns 2015 black by 1 in Florida before every team started holding try outs fir the U-15.

Sounds like liberty is in the mix, though Y.J. does win more games. As far as tournaments go, C.R. sends her teams to tournaments where she can control who her teams play, thats why the top 5 clubs rarely play them in pool play (give me what I want or I will take my ball and go home $$$$$$) When you have 5 teams per age group that translates to a lot of money for a tourney promoter. winning lax for a cure isn't that big a deal if you can make sure you reach the finals, if you know what I mean.

One thing is for sure, D.G sends a lot of girls to the Ivy's, so at the very least the smarter people are at liberty

Manhasett and garden city send kids everywhere because the parents can write the checks! 5-10K in scholarship and 40K check and the kids get to tell evrybody they play on a lax scholarship at whatever school - been the story for many years on the boys and girls side

You sound unfulfilled, jealous and quite frankly ignorant. Are you saying your kid will never go to college because you can't write the check?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you want to pay the same or more for less. I would understand your attitude if TG was cheaper than these other clubs that offer more but it's not. In the end you are happy to pay more for less, naked no sense. I was hopefull that the coaching would improve as the program grew but has not been the case and have heard all the rumors of a lot of younger leaving after this season.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Why would you want to pay the same or more for less. I would understand your attitude if TG was cheaper than these other clubs that offer more but it's not. In the end you are happy to pay more for less, naked no sense. I was hopefull that the coaching would improve as the program grew but has not been the case and have heard all the rumors of a lot of younger leaving after this season.

I think it has been adequately explained above that people choose their club based on intangibles other than money. Maybe you don't, but some people do. If someone is happy with their club, why do you care what they pay?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
Manhasett and garden city send kids everywhere because the parents can write the checks! 5-10K in scholarship and 40K check and the kids get to tell evrybody they play on a lax scholarship at whatever school - been the story for many years on the boys and girls side [/quote]

You sound unfulfilled, jealous and quite frankly ignorant. Are you saying your kid will never go to college because you can't write the check? [/quote]

my goodness, are you serious? Your arrogance is astounding. Keep up the insults to the parents and kids, I'm sure it makes you feel better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Iive in Garden City. I pay $48,000 a year in property taxes. Does not bother me one bit. Maybe if you cared more about your education, you to could haves lived in Garden City. We should be bashed because we made the right decisions in life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Iive in Garden City. I pay $48,000 a year in property taxes. Does not bother me one bit. Maybe if you cared more about your education, you to could haves lived in Garden City. We should be bashed because we made the right decisions in life.

Actually Cold Spring harbor and Jericho better school districts. Many kids who live in GC go to Private School, well the kids with money do...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what? You should be bashed because you made the right decision in life? Does the great education in Garden City include proof reading, so you know when you are missing the word "not"? All that education doesn't seem to teach common sense, or a bit of class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid goes to suny farmingdale, our president says you are supposed to share with me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I think it has been adequately explained above that people choose their club based on intangibles other than money. Maybe you don't, but some people do. If someone is happy with their club, why do you care what they pay?

Very happy with TG. Not looking to burn daughters out with lax all year round. They are above average players in multiple sports and we can do that because of the scheduling. When there is extra time they are in the backyard working on the wall or shooting on net. Don't need to change anything, coaches don't care who wins or loses the game when you get to showcases, but rather how daughter plays overall and as a team player. Don't get crazy and enjoy life, it is not all abot lax!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumors are just that, until you see people moving it is just talk. Although there was a mass exodus for the one team SS coached, not sure what that says about the program or SS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually Cold Spring harbor and Jericho better school districts. Many kids who live in GC go to Private School, well the kids with money do...

Not sure what you are basing that on. Please don't tell me how many kids take AP exams because if you are educated on this subject you know that the number of students who take an AP class is far different from those who actually complete it and different still from actual scores.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumors are just that, until you see people moving it is just talk. Although there was a mass exodus for the one team SS coached, not sure what that says about the program or SS.

Every year, well over 100 girls tryout for 2018, due to SS coaching at that level. What mass exodus are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Most people, who are in this for the right reasons, aren't comparing unit prices for each practice, and each item that's included. You should be paying for the overall experience, and what you're looking to get out of it, for your daughter, and your family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me get this straight. You are bragging about paying $48,000 a year in property taxes! I don't care how much money I make. I would never want to pay property taxes that were $48,000. It's not how much you make, it's how much you keep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every year, well over 100 girls tryout for 2018, due to SS coaching at that level. What mass exodus are you talking about?

You are likely underestimating the number of girls, more in the 125 to 150 range. There is no lack of interest of girls who want to play on the black team in that age group, these are girls on the outside looking in. But a large fraction of last years players flat out left. ????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ and TG look like they offer 10 practices and about the same amount of summer tournaments. It looks pretty even probably decided by where you live for Nassau residents TG is alot closer does anybody really want to get in their car early on Sunday mornings and drive all the way out east for practice on a dirt field. YJ do offer more clinics in the winter and fall tournaments which are not included in your initial costs. You get more and pay more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfect post. A well rounded "team" player will get looks and offers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me tell you what this guy really means...........I Iive in Garden City. I pay $48,000 a year in property taxes. I AM A MORON.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What post are you replying to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me tell you what this guy really means...........I Iive in Garden City. I pay $48,000 a year in property taxes. I AM A MORON.

and he has a YJ bumper sticker in his Range Rover.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What post are you replying to?

It doesn't matter what club your daddy pays for. If you're a selfish player you will get passed up for the girl who is a utility player regardless of your zip code

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why the f$&k would anyone pay that to live on an island that is slowly going down the crapper. Oh and daddy. Your high tax bill doesn't mean little Suzy isn't drinking and partying with her friends. She's probably paying for it

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Why the f$&k would anyone pay that to live on an island that is slowly going down the crapper. Oh and daddy. Your high tax bill doesn't mean little Suzy isn't drinking and partying with her friends. She's probably paying for it

And riding a party bus to the Hamptons? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And riding a party bus to the Hamptons? LOL

While the rest of you clean up the trash

Like Reply Quote
Page 99 of 220 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard