BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 83 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on St Ants vs Vero?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony's defeats Vero 11-9!!!! Go Friars!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

"You have no idea what you're talking about, OR maybe you're daughter is one of the girls getting the special treatment. My school doesn't have this problem, but I'm smart enough to understand that it does happen, but not everywhere. Some parents complain, when yes, they're kids might be on the bench because they're not as good. But for you to say that ALL varsity coaches are always putting the best players on the field, shows that you don't know what you're talking about. There are many coaches that definitely have favorites, for various reasons. Each school is different, so you can't generalize, like you just ignorantly did. If anyone's a blind moron here, it's you (not to mention immature, and classless)."

Who is the moron, where does it say ALL varsity coaches,if you are going to put a word in caps that you claim someone posted make sure they actually did.I have yet to see the varsity coach that does not want to win a game just because they don't agree with mommy that her daughter is a starter does not mean they want to lose. Name the coach that does not want to win and also name the coach that does not play favorites , they all do. Hey moron any coach that puts starters on the field is playing favorites.

Sorry, but you're still clearly the moron here. The more you type, the more you prove it.

Don't be sorry that you are so clueless, understand your kid is not very good and you need to blame politics as to why she does not play. The reason she does not play is you tell her it's unfair that she is sitting on the bench when what you should be telling her is too learn how to use her left hand , work harder, stop making excuses and most importantly stop listening to you .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"You have no idea what you're talking about, OR maybe you're daughter is one of the girls getting the special treatment. My school doesn't have this problem, but I'm smart enough to understand that it does happen, but not everywhere. Some parents complain, when yes, they're kids might be on the bench because they're not as good. But for you to say that ALL varsity coaches are always putting the best players on the field, shows that you don't know what you're talking about. There are many coaches that definitely have favorites, for various reasons. Each school is different, so you can't generalize, like you just ignorantly did. If anyone's a blind moron here, it's you (not to mention immature, and classless)."

Who is the moron, where does it say ALL varsity coaches,if you are going to put a word in caps that you claim someone posted make sure they actually did.I have yet to see the varsity coach that does not want to win a game just because they don't agree with mommy that her daughter is a starter does not mean they want to lose. Name the coach that does not want to win and also name the coach that does not play favorites , they all do. Hey moron any coach that puts starters on the field is playing favorites.

Sorry, but you're still clearly the moron here. The more you type, the more you prove it.

Don't be sorry that you are so clueless, understand your kid is not very good and you need to blame politics as to why she does not play. The reason she does not play is you tell her it's unfair that she is sitting on the bench when what you should be telling her is too learn how to use her left hand , work harder, stop making excuses and most importantly stop listening to you .

Again, no idea what you're talking about. I'm not blaming politics, or anything else. We were talking about how some of the HS coaches don't always play the best players, due to various reasons. If you disagree with that, you're clueless. This has nothing to do with my daughter, who's a lefty moron...your posts tell me how ignorant you are, and you're not even really understanding the issue, so never mind. I'm done with you. IGNORANCE IS BLISS. (I know you don't know what that means, but other people do)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th and 9th graders shouldn't be hanging out with seniors in their cars, with boys and parties.

The youngsters just aren't ready. its about more than lacrosse.

I agree. It's 7th graders (12 yrs old) too!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th and 9th graders shouldn't be hanging out with seniors in their cars, with boys and parties.

Younger girls playing up means they share the field with the older girls, it doesn't mean they magically turn into upper classmen. The coach should control the environment at games/practice, on the bus and in the locker room, parents should control social activities outside of lacrosse. In a properly controlled program there should be no issues with younger girls playing up. If there are issues it falls on the coaches and the parents failure to monitor and control the situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Younger girls playing up means they share the field with the older girls, it doesn't mean they magically turn into upper classmen. The coach should control the environment at games/practice, on the bus and in the locker room, parents should control social activities outside of lacrosse. In a properly controlled program there should be no issues with younger girls playing up. If there are issues it falls on the coaches and the parents failure to monitor and control the situation.

did you get that out of a text book? get real

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did you get that out of a text book? get real

Nope, been there, done that, no problems.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What perfect dream world are you living in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously every situation is different. This will depend hugely on the kid. Some kids will always do the right thing in nearly all situations. If your kid is physically up to the task and you feel comfortable with them playing up, that's awesome, do it. Obviously some people don't feel comfortable with it, don't do it. I'm sure not all the cases of girls playing up are ideal, but don't try to generalize and say no girls should play up, many of them end up being the best players on the team, with none of the negative stuff people are worried about ever happening.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too funny , you people are all mental, the school district we are in 7-12 graders ride the busses together . Have not heard of any issues w this .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it when my daughter is asked what colleges she is applying to she smiles and gives you a list but when you ask a travel player (while playing for HS team) they are so secretive? Another reason it hard to root for them. Very sad

Maybe its none of your business where they are looking, stop getting into other peoples business.

With answers like this you wonder why you stand alone watching games?

I, for one enjoy watching the game alone... and stand to the side on purpose... I don't miss your conversation..

Thats a shame that you can't share in your communities school district spirit, thats what it is all about, its not just about you and your daughter.
Do realize this will all be over some day soon? Make some friends from town
You echo MY sentiments exactly. That sounds sad. Seems to be the exact opposite of what rewarding spectatorship should be, for so many reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bay Shore @ West Babylon injuries for BS, could be close one
West Islip @ Northport WI rolls, by 5
East Islip @ Ward Melville EI to strong, by 5
Sachem East @ Middle Country SE by 5
H H Hills @ North Babylon HHH best of the worst
Smithtown East @ Commack HS SE by 10
Smithtown West @ Connetquot SW by 10
William Floyd @ Walt Whitman toss up
Sachem North @ Patchogue-Medford PM by 5
Longwood @ Brentwood Wood by 10
Riverhead @ Copiague River by 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More predictions , Riverhead shows no mercy and have someone set the record for goals in a game by a Riverhead player.

Smithtown East has stat builder run up her numbers against a weak Commack D.

Longwood shows no mercy and have their stat builder get a record day.

WB by 4 over Bayshore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon won 12-11, tough game but exciting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Islip won 11-6 , I heard Northport gave up in the last 3 minutes?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bay Shore @ West Babylon injuries for BS, could be close one
West Islip @ Northport WI rolls, by 5
East Islip @ Ward Melville EI to strong, by 5
Sachem East @ Middle Country SE by 5
H H Hills @ North Babylon HHH best of the worst
Smithtown East @ Commack HS SE by 10
Smithtown West @ Connetquot SW by 10
William Floyd @ Walt Whitman toss up
Sachem North @ Patchogue-Medford PM by 5
Longwood @ Brentwood Wood by 10

Riverhead @ Copiague River by 10

You were just a little off with some of those predictions. MC beat East Islip by 6 the other day. why would u assume east islip would beat ward Melville?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]West Babylon won 12-11, tough game but exciting!

West Islip won 11-6 , I heard Northport gave up in the last 3 minutes?! [/quote

Check out Top 100 Girls Lacrosse Players on Long Island on Newsday.com! Congrats girls!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Islip won 11-6 , I heard Northport gave up in the last 3 minutes?!

Heard NPT coach got hit with a pail of water and melted...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ward Melville by one over East Islip. E.I. not strong enough

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's very sad and obvious that all you parents talking about these amazing athletes are jealous and your kids clearly are trailing the pack athletically.
These committed athletes train all year round and are dedicated to being the best. I am sure that if your kid was called by a top D1 school you would all be singing a different tune. Grow up and stop being pathetic jealous parents with nothing better to do than talk about innocent kids. Focus on your kids training they obviously need some. Lots of luck, clearly you need it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's very sad to hear you pathetic jealous parents talking about innocent kids. LOSERS! These are exceptional, smart athletes that train all year long to strive to play the very best they can. Good for them if they are committed to college early. You are obviously bitter because your so called "athletes " are not exactly athletes. Maybe your kids should train harder. It's just so sad how jealous you all sound, especially of the "yellow jackets" which by the way are the best players in the country. So don't hate.....TRAIN YOUR KIDS! You should focus more on your own kids and not spend so much time on this forum wishing your kid was an athlete. Best of luck!,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR TIME THAN PICK ON A 15 year old innocent girl. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how selfish individual play at the expense of team was viewed as singling anyone out. Sounds like a very general statement that imo unfortunately fits many.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It's very sad to hear you pathetic jealous parents talking about innocent kids. LOSERS! These are exceptional, smart athletes that train all year long to strive to play the very best they can. Good for them if they are committed to college early. You are obviously bitter because your so called "athletes " are not exactly athletes. Maybe your kids should train harder. It's just so sad how jealous you all sound, especially of the "yellow jackets" which by the way are the best players in the country. So don't hate.....TRAIN YOUR KIDS! You should focus more on your own kids and not spend so much time on this forum wishing your kid was an athlete. Best of luck!, [/quote

So says the ball hogs mom . Everyone knows this kid is building her stats against weaker teams ,scoring tons of points in games her team does not need her to do so. Teamates , parents, coaches from high school and her travel teams know that the kid is all about getting hers if it helps the team or not she does not care. On a semi positive note her parents are very upfront that they believe she is the best player in her age and are not shy about letting people know everything should go thru her in their minds, at least they are honest about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's very sad to hear you pathetic jealous parents talking about innocent kids. LOSERS! These are exceptional, smart athletes that train all year long to strive to play the very best they can. Good for them if they are committed to college early. You are obviously bitter because your so called "athletes " are not exactly athletes. Maybe your kids should train harder. It's just so sad how jealous you all sound, especially of the "yellow jackets" which by the way are the best players in the country. So don't hate.....TRAIN YOUR KIDS! You should focus more on your own kids and not spend so much time on this forum wishing your kid was an athlete. Best of luck!,

That's quite a blanket statement for yj players. Maybe the top half dozen from blue and one or two from fake blue would be considered among the top in country. Many of the lower team kids still can't catch/ throw, and will never progress to that point. Seriously some of the best and some of the worst players on our town and school teams are yj, same goes for TG. It is funny when a group of opposing girls show up all decked out head to toe in YJ gear, used to be scarey, now you don't know what you'll get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best player from ei was out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they are talking about SE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think travel ball hogs are just on one team? Every team has them and it keeps getting worse in both Suffolk and Nassau. Look for the parents sitting by themselves and then you will figure out who the club players are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eastport/SManor @ Babylon bab injury a killer, ESM by 10
Harborfields @ Islip Ill go Islip, by 10
Hampton Bays @ Mercy who really cares, what county are they in
Elwood/J Glenn @ Deer Park Elwood by 5
Miller Place @ Kings Park either way
Mt Sinai @ Sayville mt sinai beats good sayville team
Massapequa @ West Babylon wb by 5
North Shore @ Northport North Shore beats the quiters by 5
Suffern @ Bay Shore 
(POSTPONED RESCHEDULE TBA) bayshore chickens out, postpones
Patchogue-Medford @ Sachem East Se by 5 if healthy
Shoreham WR @ Huntington strong Huntinton by a lot, swr no D
Westhampton @ Comsewogue WH by 10
Ward Melville @ Smithtown East SE by 7
Walt Whitman @ Sachem North SN over WW by 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think travel ball hogs are just on one team? Every team has them and it keeps getting worse in both Suffolk and Nassau. Look for the parents sitting by themselves and then you will figure out who the club players are.

Look for the players on the field who can't throw, catch, shoot, pass, defend, dodge, switch hands, run, and you will know who the non club players are. Oh wait, the clubs have become so diluted that half of them can't play either. Many of these players are skulled beyond mommy comprehension.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffern @ Bay Shore 

Why wouldn't sachem east be healthy??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffern @ Bay Shore 
Why do you never post your suits just your predictions? A good handicapper evaluates his right and wrong predictions. Take your posts to the next level Jimmy the Greek.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best player from ei was out.
. No excuses EI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results from today's games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions off again. WM beat Smith town E easily 15-7. No players missing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the stat builders do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough day for YJ's. Northport loses to Northshore 9-2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look for the players on the field who can't throw, catch, shoot, pass, defend, dodge, switch hands, run, and you will know who the non club players are. Oh wait, the clubs have become so diluted that half of them can't play either. Many of these players are skulled beyond mommy comprehension.

I have to say I'm not impressed with our club players so you might be right on the dilution. They all force going to the cage and turn the ball over. Can't make fun of the non club girls for not catching and throwing if the club girls are turning the ball over too. The parents of club girls told me they could win games single handily, not happening

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough day for YJ's. Northport loses to Northshore 9-2.

at what point in the game did the quitters quit?

Page 9 of 83 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard