BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 98 of 220 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Goes back to what to what has been said many times on this site, school coaches should not be allowed to coach travel, camps or clinics or anything that is a conflict of interest. This should be a rule by section XI.

Amen to that.

Sounds fair, but will never happen - That means Carol Rose, Steve Levy, Danielle Gallagher, etc. would all be asked to resign as HS coach, or give up their club coaching??!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goes back to what to what has been said many times on this site, school coaches should not be allowed to coach travel, camps or clinics or anything that is a conflict of interest. This should be a rule by section XI.

Amen to that.

Sounds fair, but will never happen - That means Carol Rose, Steve Levy, Danielle Gallagher, etc. would all be asked to resign as HS coach, or give up their club coaching??!!

Exactly right!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately this is not only a problem on Long Island but with the majority of sports across the nation, boys and girls.

Head coach of McDonough also runs M&D Lax, for example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches, alleges 'pay for play' scheme

A Texas father unsatisfied with his son’s playing time on lacrosse teams has reportedly sued several coaches under federal anti-corruption laws, claiming they extorted families in exchange for playing time.
In a 39-page federal racketeering lawsuit filed late last month, attorney Bill Munck claims coaches with the Dallas Lacrosse Academy LLC and the Episcopal School of Dallas employed a “pay to play” scheme for student athletes like his son Billy to take the field, MyFoxDFW.com reports.
"Through the use of illegal and fraudulent conduct, including threats, intimidation and even extortion, defendants have tried to ensure that student athletes who want to play lacrosse in North Texas have to pay for play and have to go through the defendants' enterprise,” the lawsuit alleges. “ … Billy Munck was one of the victims of this criminal enterprise as were many others. Plaintiffs file this complaint to ensure that others, including Billy’s younger brother — a high school sophomore, do not suffer a similar fate.”
The lawsuit alleges that former Episcopal School of Dallas coach Kevin Barnicle and other instructors at the for-profit Dallas lacrosse academy threatened parents with less playing time on their son’s high school teams if they didn’t pony up for pricey private camps and training sessions at the academy.
Billy Munck played nine out of 11 varsity games during his junior year, but did not letter and left the school, according to the lawsuit, which also accuses the coaches and Dallas Lacrosse Academy of breaking NCAA rules.
"Some of the better players were asked to replace weaker DLA players already on the roster, and these players were asked to board airplanes, stay at hotels and play in recruiting tournaments under another player's name,” the lawsuit reads.
Laura Hart, the mother of a lacrosse player at Episcopal School of Dallas, told MyFoxDFW.com she hopes the lawsuit will simply go away.
"Get out there, play and move on with your life," she said.
Munck and the defendants named in the lawsuit, including six coaches, declined to discuss the lawsuit, MyFoxDFW.com reports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only three freshman on CSH varsity are Elevate players not YJ.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets all get together and sue all the school districts with a class action suit for all the pain and suffering, emotional damage, lost scholarship monies etc....that has been caused by hiring coaches with money ties with the sport. Anyone got a good lawyer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry elevate, They will be YJ next year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that.

And they get paid so much to coach your kids HS team what would they possibly do with all that extra money?? Who do you propose would coach all these travel teams? Mommies and Daddies...that's worse? Really, who??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that.

And they get paid so much to coach your kids HS team what would they possibly do with all that extra money?? Who do you propose would coach all these travel teams? Mommies and Daddies...that's worse? Really, who??

No, if they're smart, they'd give up the HS job, not the club job, where they're making more money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So , If the player that D.G. "set because she was a Y.J. is so , why doesn't she start for her new school St. A. or does mommy have a gripe now with that coach. Or is it because she's wild and can't control her stick? [/quot

If you are going to use quotations at least use some of the original statement so people have an idea what you are talking about. Has any of your Liberty teams ever beaten a top level YJ team. Elite , I think not. You need to be able to compete with the top level teams before you call yourselves elite.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that.

No, if they're smart, they'd give up the HS job, not the club job, where they're making more money!

Then who coaches the HS team, the Wood Shop instructor? You're making mountains out of mole hills. If the kid's a rotation player, they'll make the team regardless. If they're a game changer they'll start. The rest is sour grapes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So , If the player that D.G. "set because she was a Y.J. is so , why doesn't she start for her new school St. A. or does mommy have a gripe now with that coach. Or is it because she's wild and can't control her stick? [/quot

If you are going to use quotations at least use some of the original statement so people have an idea what you are talking about. Has any of your Liberty teams ever beaten a top level YJ team. Elite , I think not. You need to be able to compete with the top level teams before you call yourselves elite.

Yes, we know. YJs are the team to beat.

The alumni list from TG, YJ and Liberty clearly demonstrates that all three programs produce lax players who play at the highest collegiate level. Liberty seems to have one team worth of these players, TG has one and half, while YJs have two. Congrats to all three programs. I hope these Long Island kids do very well at their universities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the new Top Guns uniforms!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about them? Did you receive them yet? We were waiting for May practices to start and assumed the girls would receive the uniforms then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was looking at the latest issue of inside lacrosse and the national championship team was heavily featured, paper numbers and all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about them? Did you receive them yet? We were waiting for May practices to start and assumed the girls would receive the uniforms then.

Just trying to get the conversation back to TG related issues!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you keep shifting to who won more games but don't answer the question (by the way it is an original question , I asked it twice, you just don't answer) So I ask again. Why doesn't the girl that was sat by D.G. start for her new school (St. Anthony's) if she is so good. This is now the second coach that will not start her. Or is her mother going to start talking trash about her new coach at every try out and tournament like she did her old coach. And by the way if I am not mistaken the liberty 2013 team beat the Y.J. 2013 team routinely

Wow so none of your 2020-2014 teams have beaten a top level team , sounds as if liberty is dying. If you think your kid wants to be on a top level travel team there is no way they should play liberty. Our town team beats up on liberty ,they are horrible from 2015 down , may have been good in past but are now non competitive and a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]So , If the player that D.G. "set because she was a Y.J. is so , why doesn't she start for her new school St. A. or does mommy have a gripe now with that coach. Or is it because she's wild and can't control her stick? [/quot

you keep shifting to who won more games but don't answer the question (by the way it is an original question , I asked it twice, you just don't answer) So I ask again. Why doesn't the girl that was sat by D.G. start for her new school (St. Anthony's) if she is so good. This is now the second coach that will not start her. Or is her mother going to start talking trash about her new coach at every try out and tournament like she did her old coach. And by the way if I am not mistaken the liberty 2013 team beat the Y.J. 2013 team

Wow so none of your 2020-2014 teams have beaten a top level team , sounds as if liberty is dying. If you think your kid wants to be on a top level travel team there is no way they should play liberty. Our town team beats up on liberty ,they are horrible from 2015 down , may have been good in past but are now non competitive and a joke.
Still ducking the question, typical Yellow jackets

Thought this is a TG thread! Why are we talking about liberty & YJ? And yes, the new uniforms should be nice. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not ducking the question , just pointing out that your Liberty teams are second rate at best. Have any of the current teams ever won a tournament. I have seen them get blown out several times by YJ, TG and town teams . Elite is laughable. How would I know what the St. Anthony coach thinks you moron, and for that matter how would you know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]So , If the player that D.G. "set because she was a Y.J. is so , why doesn't she start for her new school St. A. or does mommy have a gripe now with that coach. Or is it because she's wild and can't control her stick? [/quot

you keep shifting to who won more games but don't answer the question (by the way it is an original question , I asked it twice, you just don't answer) So I ask again. Why doesn't the girl that was sat by D.G. start for her new school (St. Anthony's) if she is so good. This is now the second coach that will not start her. Or is her mother going to start talking trash about her new coach at every try out and tournament like she did her old coach. And by the way if I am not mistaken the liberty 2013 team beat the Y.J. 2013 team

When you transfer into St A from a public school as a junior you cannot play in League games. She did pretty well against Vero Beach last night. OK Satisfied??

Thought this is a TG thread! Why are we talking about liberty & YJ? And yes, the new uniforms should be nice. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which prove the point of the originalk post - pay to play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you keep shifting to who won more games but don't answer the question (by the way it is an original question , I asked it twice, you just don't answer) So I ask again. Why doesn't the girl that was sat by D.G. start for her new school (St. Anthony's) if she is so good. This is now the second coach that will not start her. Or is her mother going to start talking trash about her new coach at every try out and tournament like she did her old coach. And by the way if I am not mistaken the liberty 2013 team beat the Y.J. 2013 team routinely

Now that your original question has been answered and you have been proven to be a complete moron answer my question has any current Liberty team ever beaten a good team, Liberty club is dying and not one elite player is a member of that club. By the way I knew your daughter is a lefty and I stick to my point , she has no left hand .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not ducking the question , just pointing out that your Liberty teams are second rate at best. Have any of the current teams ever won a tournament. I have seen them get blown out several times by YJ, TG and town teams . Elite is laughable. How would I know what the St. Anthony coach thinks you moron, and for that matter how would you know.

It seems many college coaches disagree with you, and they think many of the players are in fact elite.

2014 and 2015 have a combined 30 players going D1 and about another 10 going D2 and D3. And we are talking an impressive ivy list, as well as universities with great sports history. Just check out their alumni page if you want the facts. You can also see what tournaments they won. These numbers are much less than TG or YJ, but they still stand out.

Liberty has a very good reputation among college coaches. It is known as a well respected, but smaller, program when compared to TG and YJ, And all three produce dozens of great lacrosse players every year.

The "A" Liberty teams I've seen in most age groups are formidable. They might not beat TG or YJ, but they certainly can hold their own.

Whatever team your daughter is on, bashing other programs serves no purpose. It actually makes our program look worse. Just enjoy the games and competition, because it goes by quickly!

Good luck to all teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand your point. The person who runs Elevate is not a coach at CSH. The coach at CSH is a YJ coach. So if I have a daughter, do I have them play Elevate or YJ in order to "pay to play"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched the young lady you are talking about on Fri night she looked awesome any team would be happy to have her . Rarely ever came off except to get a drink ,ground ball machine , looked happy , sounds good to me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty is exactly what DG wanted from the start .
1 keep the Manhasset kids playing lax together year round
2 The top team has the 10 best girls playing together with a mix of good players from other towns ( at least 10}
3 There are a solid number of girls paying year round for her club and in March they walk on the field for the school team and her conditioning and playing system is in place .
4 Make lots of $$$$$$$
5 looks like it has payed off for SET win win win the people in town are happy .
yjs do it but they take the best kids from anywhere not just NP or Farm. look at the rosters people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty is exactly what DG wanted from the start .
1 keep the Manhasset kids playing lax together year round
2 The top team has the 10 best girls playing together with a mix of good players from other towns ( at least 10}
3 There are a solid number of girls paying year round for her club and in March they walk on the field for the school team and her conditioning and playing system is in place .
4 Make lots of $$$$$$$
5 looks like it has payed off for SET win win win the people in town are happy .
yjs do it but they take the best kids from anywhere not just NP or Farm. look at the rosters people.

Excellent points. (Not a Manhassett or Liberty parent).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand your point. The person who runs Elevate is not a coach at CSH. The coach at CSH is a YJ coach. So if I have a daughter, do I have them play Elevate or YJ in order to "pay to play"?

Play whatever team your daughter will have the best experience in. Even if she is playing top guns, if she is good, she will play at CSH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some simple facts
1. Y.J 2015 blue never won against MD lasers, Liberty 2015 black tied them

2. Sky walkers - Y.J. 2015 blue lost twice won once, Top guns 2015 black won by a goal, and lost by a goal or 2, liberty 2015 black lost by 2

3. liberty 2015 black lost to 2015 Skak by 1, and Top guns 2015 black by 1 in Florida before every team started holding try outs fir the U-15.

Sounds like liberty is in the mix, though Y.J. does win more games. As far as tournaments go, C.R. sends her teams to tournaments where she can control who her teams play, thats why the top 5 clubs rarely play them in pool play (give me what I want or I will take my ball and go home $$$$$$) When you have 5 teams per age group that translates to a lot of money for a tourney promoter. winning lax for a cure isn't that big a deal if you can make sure you reach the finals, if you know what I mean.

One thing is for sure, D.G sends a lot of girls to the Ivy's, so at the very least the smarter people are at liberty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some simple facts

2. Sky walkers - Y.J. 2015 blue lost twice won once, Top guns 2015 black won by a goal, and lost by a goal or 2, liberty 2015 black lost by 2

3. liberty 2015 black lost to 2015 Skak by 1, and Top guns 2015 black by 1 in Florida before every team started holding try outs fir the U-15.

Sounds like liberty is in the mix, though Y.J. does win more games. As far as tournaments go, C.R. sends her teams to tournaments where she can control who her teams play, thats why the top 5 clubs rarely play them in pool play (give me what I want or I will take my ball and go home $$$$$$) When you have 5 teams per age group that translates to a lot of money for a tourney promoter. winning lax for a cure isn't that big a deal if you can make sure you reach the finals, if you know what I mean.

One thing is for sure, D.G sends a lot of girls to the Ivy's, so at the very least the smarter people are at liberty

Sorry, can't give you the smarter people argument, certainly will give you the richer people argument. Ivies give no scholarship money, but lacrosse can get the "not smart enough to make it in otherwise" kids admitted. That coupled with rich parents to sign the check, is the ticket to the ivies. DG is keenly aware of property values of the area she harvests.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some simple facts

Getting into an ivy becausg you can play lacrosse doesn't make you smart, it makes you a good lacrosse player!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hows worlds greatest college coach doing now. 5 and 8 .... just because your a great player doesnt mean you can be average at best coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How sad that you come on here as an adult, albeit one with an immaturity second to none and spew such venom. You are berating a young lady who is in the second year coaching at a D1 lacrosse program. A program where it is known to be difficult to recruit locally. They are 6 - 8 on the year with (4) of those losses by one goal and in reality only one of those games where the differential was double digit.

You really have no clue just some deep hatred...please look in the mirror and realize how sad your pathetic life is...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some simple facts

Some simpler facts , you really are an idiot. The we lost to this team who beat this team who beat this other team means absolutely nothing. Your Liberty 2015 team lost to the 2nd YJ team in Florida , the YJ team was composed of mostly YJ 2016 I believe. CR only lets teams play in tournaments where she can control pool play is just silly, national draw this past year had YJ top teams, MD top teams ,TG top teams all in the same pools, 2016 YJ has had their scheduled changed with the assistance of CR to play TG black who were also more than happy to play YJ. Your liberty teams are clearly not in the mix when talking about either TG or YJ just a simple fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hows worlds greatest college coach doing now. 5 and 8 .... just because your a great player doesnt mean you can be average at best coach

6 and 8. but thanks for trying to keep track and calling her the world's greatest college coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was this the year she was going to put her stamp on the program. Looks like the gap both academically and for womens lacrosse has widened between Stony Brook and Hofstra since the respective coaches took over.Tuff to build a program on Long Island if YJ kids are hesitant about going there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In her second year working with a team of players she didn't recruit .....I would say she is doing well. Thanks for caring !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was this the year she was going to put her stamp on the program. Looks like the gap both academically and for womens lacrosse has widened between Stony Brook and Hofstra since the respective coaches took over.Tuff to build a program on Long Island if YJ kids are hesitant about going there.

She won't recruit them because of the baggage (parents).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How sad that you come on here as an adult, albeit one with an immaturity second to none and spew such venom. You are berating a young lady who is in the second year coaching at a D1 lacrosse program. A program where it is known to be difficult to recruit locally. They are 6 - 8 on the year with (4) of those losses by one goal and in reality only one of those games where the differential was double digit.

You really have no clue just some deep hatred...please look in the mirror and realize how sad your pathetic life is...

Where was this outrage when they are making fun of another very successful coach because of her looks.Dont you think that her age may have something to do with it along with her lack of coaching experience. Still find it interesting that a D1 program hired a head coach w little to no coaching experience.The coaching resumes at TG are looking worse every year, going to be difficult when the coach that everyone in TG looks to is failing.That being said the players she has recruited have not really had the chance to impact the program yet so she should be given a few more years to see if it gets turned around, otherwise it may end up being a debacle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

are you implying the women's lacrosse coach should be held accountable for the growing academic disparity between the two schools?

Like Reply Quote
Page 98 of 220 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard