BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 83 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
should be an interesting week , Islip has games against two of the weakest teams out there( two first year varsity programs). My guess the under over for the sisters is 40 points total in the two games. Any takers on that bet.Hey Islip coach how about a little sportsmanship, maybe let the stat builders get a tatste of how it feels to play defense for a whole game.

I just took a look at the stats from Islip's two losses and the girls seem to put up consistent numbers. Most teams are carried by two or three goal scorers they just happen to be sisters. As long as they balance the scoring the kids should be able to continue at the pace they are on. Wouldn't hurt to look to have more assists than goals when they go against weaker teams .
Pass certain girls the ball on most teams and everyone else can stop running because its never getting passed back - FACT!

So true!! The coaches in my HS let the seniors just pass to each other, they never pull them off even though they see they are not passing to open players. So annoying!
It starts when they play PAL

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Hampton girls lax....hmmm....Putting a lot of smack all over social media. You seem to be following your classless coaches lead. I guess some cash and a home on Dune Rd can't buy you character huh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest Islip coach is not the only one clearly running up stats. Take a look at some of the score of some of the other games. Huntington, BPBP, Mt Sinai, ESM and WestHampton just to name a few double digit wins with large margins almost all season. Watched the ESM vs SWR game yesterday not one player came off the bench for ESM even with a big lead if that's not a stat building move I don't know what is. The game and coaches have changed so much this year it seems to have become all about the stats and percentages vs the development of an entire program for most of these coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too funny the Islip coach called in his stats but did not put in the assists, was this an accident or done on purpose because he realizes what a tool he will look like when the are added in the the stat builders sisters numbers. The West hampton team has become the team of get your numbers because if you pass it to any number of black holes you will never see the ball again, the coach who used to be there never would have allowed it. Girls at Westhampton , go ahead keep feeding the monsters, you know who they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Often the very best players on the field don't show well in goals scored all the time. Some girls have huge impacts on the field in CT, GB, assists, pressure etc..... Many times the best player on the field is not the leading goal scorer. You will often see one girl completely control a game and walk away with only a goal or two. This is the reason college coaches go to games. Don't be jealous of the goal scorers, who cares. If these girls play well rounded lacrosse, good for them, if they are a one trick pony ( go to goal with three or four fan penetration attempts without a pass) and are true black hole that is unfortunate.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Often the very best players on the field don't show well in goals scored all the time. Some girls have huge impacts on the field in CT, GB, assists, pressure etc..... Many times the best player on the field is not the leading goal scorer. You will often see one girl completely control a game and walk away with only a goal or two. This is the reason college coaches go to games. Don't be jealous of the goal scorers, who cares. If these girls play well rounded lacrosse, good for them, if they are a one trick pony ( go to goal with three or four fan penetration attempts without a pass) and are true black hole that is unfortunate.

Amen...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen...

All I will say is that our High School Yellow Jackets Players are black holes and when they do pass, they only pass to each other. I am sure it is true of other travel program kids but we only have YJ's that I know of. They are very good players, but so are many other girls on the team who don't play club. Very hard to root for them and its sad. Makes for a divided bench and a divided parents sideline. High School is not the same as the summer travel circuit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bay Shore @ Hauppauge Bayshore hurt, Hauppauge by 1
Commack HS @ Ward Melville WM rolls
East Islip @ Lindenhurst EI by a lot
Middle Country @ Connetquot MC by 5
North Babylon @ Sachem East SE crushes NB
Northport @ Smithtown West Port by 5
Sachem North @ Riverhead tossup, 2 weak teamss
West Babylon @ Smithtown East either way
William Floyd @ Longwood Longwood wins
West Islip @ H H Hills WI kills
Walt Whitman @ Brentwood WW might get 1st and only win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it up - nobody cares about your meaningless predictions!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Not true, I like to see them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Amen...

All I will say is that our High School Yellow Jackets Players are black holes and when they do pass, they only pass to each other. I am sure it is true of other travel program kids but we only have YJ's that I know of. They are very good players, but so are many other girls on the team who don't play club. Very hard to root for them and its sad. Makes for a divided bench and a divided parents sideline. High School is not the same as the summer travel circuit.

I agree that sometimes the best players are not the goal scorers. What sucks is that that's who gets the recognition in print and at award time. That's where the burn is.

I'm not a big fan of the YJ franchise but in defense of the above global statement, it's not like that on our HS team. Our YJs do a good amount of feeding to other players. We have, I think, four different clubs on our team and it's all good. We have a few black hole players but they're from different clubs, and even one or two who don't play club, they just don't feel the need to see the field and deliver a pass. <rolling eyes> That said, our coach is not affiliated with any club teams and that is a blessing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Amen...

I agree that sometimes the best players are not the goal scorers. What sucks is that that's who gets the recognition in print and at award time. That's where the burn is.

I'm not a big fan of the YJ franchise but in defense of the above global statement, it's not like that on our HS team. Our YJs do a good amount of feeding to other players. We have, I think, four different clubs on our team and it's all good. We have a few black hole players but they're from different clubs, and even one or two who don't play club, they just don't feel the need to see the field and deliver a pass. <rolling eyes> That said, our coach is not affiliated with any club teams and that is a blessing.

The awards usually go to the big time point getters so it feeds into the selfish play. Its unfortunate but with the big money and year round club play it is an evil that is here to stay. I don't know if my stomach van take watching much more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen...

The awards usually go to the big time point getters so it feeds into the selfish play. Its unfortunate but with the big money and year round club play it is an evil that is here to stay. I don't know if my stomach van take watching much more

Its not all the girls, some of the very best girls playing varsity are pages down on the goal list. What's annoying is that msg list the girls in order of most goals with no regards to assists or total points. NCAA tracks all stats and gives a much better view of the true story. We have a go to goal girl on our team who likely leads team in scoring, goal stats would suggest that she is best player on team but she is far from that. Very poor stick skills/speed/vision, but if you go to goal every single time you get the ball and never pass, you end up shooting 10-20 shots a game and even with a horrible goal percentage, she ends up with a fair amount of goals. It is ugly lacrosse that a good coach would correct. Seems to make mom happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest Islip coach is not the only one clearly running up stats. Take a look at some of the score of some of the other games. Huntington, BPBP, Mt Sinai, ESM and WestHampton just to name a few double digit wins with large margins almost all season. Watched the ESM vs SWR game yesterday not one player came off the bench for ESM even with a big lead if that's not a stat building move I don't know what is. The game and coaches have changed so much this year it seems to have become all about the stats and percentages vs the development of an entire program for most of these coaches.

In my opinion high school lax is crap and that's why most college coaches don't care about it. You have good players sitting on the bench so favorites can play. Kids who bust their asses day in and out but the coaches are so immature they only care about the stats of their franchise players...especially all these YJ coaches in the high school coaching system. Ruin a kids life, make them miserable but as long as your franchise players are getting there stats who cares. It should go back to the days where a varsity team consisted of mostly Seniors and juniors with an occasional sophmore...that will eliminate a lot of this stuff!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my opinion high school lax is crap and that's why most college coaches don't care about it. You have good players sitting on the bench so favorites can play. Kids who bust their asses day in and out but the coaches are so immature they only care about the stats of their franchise players...especially all these YJ coaches in the high school coaching system. Ruin a kids life, make them miserable but as long as your franchise players are getting there stats who cares. It should go back to the days where a varsity team consisted of mostly Seniors and juniors with an occasional sophmore...that will eliminate a lot of this stuff!!

Couldn't agree more, with everything you said, right down to the YJ coaches, playing favorites. It's ridiculous, and we keep reminding ourselves that it really doesn't mean anything, like you said - it's crap. Wish we could go back too, when the 7th & 8th graders played middle school, and 9th & most 10th played JV. It's getting out of hand!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more, with everything you said, right down to the YJ coaches, playing favorites. It's ridiculous, and we keep reminding ourselves that it really doesn't mean anything, like you said - it's crap. Wish we could go back too, when the 7th & 8th graders played middle school, and 9th & most 10th played JV. It's getting out of hand!

We have YJ parents bitching and moaning that their 8th grader wasn't called up to varsity because her other YJ friends in other districts were and they need to keep up you know. Its all about them and not the district or the team. I think I just saw a 7th grader commit lol. These 8th and 9th graders aren't ready to hang around with seniors and shouldn't be rushing it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see if that girls is able to put up numbers like that aginst Bayshore, West Islip, and West Babylon next week!

No 11 point scorers in todays game!
I believe the superstar got shutout, now let me guess she was sick, got hurt, etc

Looks like the 11 point scorers were shut down against real competition

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You people are such a bunch of blind morons. Coaches want to win and will play the kids who give them the best chance at doing so. You are the typical parents that always feel your kid is being unfairly treated when in reality your kid is not that good. If these YJ kids were as bad as you say with better kids sitting on the bench then why do sonny YJ kids get committed to so many good schools and start at sonny top level programs. Stop blaming YJ because your kid cannot catch the ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter goes to a school where only juniors and seniors play varsity and the occasional sophomore gets called up only if there is a positional need. So, they will never win a championship because they don't always have their best players on varsity, but you know that going in and shouldn't complain about it. Personally I like it. Its not all about winning. And...they have numerous college commits on their team, so its clearly not always about playing varsity as a 9th grader.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You people are such a bunch of blind morons. Coaches want to win and will play the kids who give them the best chance at doing so. You are the typical parents that always feel your kid is being unfairly treated when in reality your kid is not that good. If these YJ kids were as bad as you say with better kids sitting on the bench then why do sonny YJ kids get committed to so many good schools and start at sonny top level programs. Stop blaming YJ because your kid cannot catch the ball.

You are the perfect example of why parents of girls on other club teams dislike YJ parents in general. My daughter can catch the ball - even a bad pass - and is committed. And believe it or not, she doesn't play for YJ smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no idea what you're talking about, OR maybe you're daughter is one of the girls getting the special treatment. My school doesn't have this problem, but I'm smart enough to understand that it does happen, but not everywhere. Some parents complain, when yes, they're kids might be on the bench because they're not as good. But for you to say that ALL varsity coaches are always putting the best players on the field, shows that you don't know what you're talking about. There are many coaches that definitely have favorites, for various reasons. Each school is different, so you can't generalize, like you just ignorantly did. If anyone's a blind moron here, it's you (not to mention immature, and classless).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the freshman and sophomores play Jv will some of this competitive cut throat behavior will go away.? Our HS coach is not affiliated with a club but has favorites and many believe is unscrupulous in many ways.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have YJ parents bitching and moaning that their 8th grader wasn't called up to varsity because her other YJ friends in other districts were and they need to keep up you know. Its all about them and not the district or the team. I think I just saw a 7th grader commit lol. These 8th and 9th graders aren't ready to hang around with seniors and shouldn't be rushing it

7th graders are 12 YEARS OLD!! There's no need for them to be rushed to the High School! It's ridiculous. Forget about the ability and the sport. Purely from a maturity level, it's crazy

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Its not all the girls, some of the very best girls playing varsity are pages down on the goal list. What's annoying is that msg list the girls in order of most goals with no regards to assists or total points. NCAA tracks all stats and gives a much better view of the true story. We have a go to goal girl on our team who likely leads team in scoring, goal stats would suggest that she is best player on team but she is far from that. Very poor stick skills/speed/vision, but if you go to goal every single time you get the ball and never pass, you end up shooting 10-20 shots a game and even with a horrible goal percentage, she ends up with a fair amount of goals. It is ugly lacrosse that a good coach would correct. Seems to make mom happy.

Agreed. Defenders are completely ignored by MSG. Coaches don't keep track of any stats past goals, assists and saves. You can cause all the turnovers and get all the ground balls and you get a "good game," a pat on the back, and nothing else while the kid with tunnel vision who can't even go lefty gets her name in the paper, again. It's frustrating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the freshman and sophomores play Jv will some of this competitive cut throat behavior will go away.? Our HS coach is not affiliated with a club but has favorites and many believe is unscrupulous in many ways.

Yes, if most kids below 10th grade played JV, there would be way less cut throat behavior (mostly from parents), and kids worried about not making varsity with their friends, or girls they're in competition with. It would take so much pressure off, and let these YOUNG girls develop appropriately. Some of these girls are dying to make varsity, just for the status, and to avoid humiliation. They'd rather make varsity and not play, then play a ton on JV, and get valuable experience. They're too young to understand how to make that decision, and the parents are too crazy and caught up, to make it for them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, if most kids below 10th grade played JV, there would be way less cut throat behavior (mostly from parents), and kids worried about not making varsity with their friends, or girls they're in competition with. It would take so much pressure off, and let these YOUNG girls develop appropriately. Some of these girls are dying to make varsity, just for the status, and to avoid humiliation. They'd rather make varsity and not play, then play a ton on JV, and get valuable experience. They're too young to understand how to make that decision, and the parents are too crazy and caught up, to make it for them!

Any sophomore, freshmen, etc. on a Varsity team that does not play is wasting their time. It is a poor decision by the parents to have their girls stand on the sidelines when they could be playing, or starting, on JV. Playing competitive, live games against an opponent far out ways development from just practicing. Beware of the girls who are now on JV, playing every day, taking your position next year. Then your high school career ends up being completely unfulfilled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so they are good kids and committed kids and not the best kids and they will never win and they are ok with that . that is what i call losers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true, I like to see them.

wow this guy is good..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any sophomore, freshmen, etc. on a Varsity team that does not play is wasting their time. It is a poor decision by the parents to have their girls stand on the sidelines when they could be playing, or starting, on JV. Playing competitive, live games against an opponent far out ways development from just practicing. Beware of the girls who are now on JV, playing every day, taking your position next year. Then your high school career ends up being completely unfulfilled.

Sounds like the jealous parent of a JV player talking here...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1 playoff teams are set..... its a race for the top seeds.

West Islip
Northport
Hauppauge
Longwood
Sachem East
Ward Melville
West Babylon
Middle Country
Smithtown West
Smithtown East
Bay Shore
East Islip
Commack HS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"You have no idea what you're talking about, OR maybe you're daughter is one of the girls getting the special treatment. My school doesn't have this problem, but I'm smart enough to understand that it does happen, but not everywhere. Some parents complain, when yes, they're kids might be on the bench because they're not as good. But for you to say that ALL varsity coaches are always putting the best players on the field, shows that you don't know what you're talking about. There are many coaches that definitely have favorites, for various reasons. Each school is different, so you can't generalize, like you just ignorantly did. If anyone's a blind moron here, it's you (not to mention immature, and classless)."

Who is the moron, where does it say ALL varsity coaches,if you are going to put a word in caps that you claim someone posted make sure they actually did.I have yet to see the varsity coach that does not want to win a game just because they don't agree with mommy that her daughter is a starter does not mean they want to lose. Name the coach that does not want to win and also name the coach that does not play favorites , they all do. Hey moron any coach that puts starters on the field is playing favorites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it when my daughter is asked what colleges she is applying to she smiles and gives you a list but when you ask a travel player (while playing for HS team) they are so secretive? Another reason it hard to root for them. Very sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it when my daughter is asked what colleges she is applying to she smiles and gives you a list but when you ask a travel player (while playing for HS team) they are so secretive? Another reason it hard to root for them. Very sad

Maybe its none of your business where they are looking, stop getting into other peoples business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. You have a thing for the Islip sisters. It's horrible that you keep picking on these good kids. Get over it mommy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe its none of your business where they are looking, stop getting into other peoples business.

With answers like this you wonder why you stand alone watching games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th and 9th graders shouldn't be hanging out with seniors in their cars, with boys and parties.

The youngsters just aren't ready. its about more than lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"You have no idea what you're talking about, OR maybe you're daughter is one of the girls getting the special treatment. My school doesn't have this problem, but I'm smart enough to understand that it does happen, but not everywhere. Some parents complain, when yes, they're kids might be on the bench because they're not as good. But for you to say that ALL varsity coaches are always putting the best players on the field, shows that you don't know what you're talking about. There are many coaches that definitely have favorites, for various reasons. Each school is different, so you can't generalize, like you just ignorantly did. If anyone's a blind moron here, it's you (not to mention immature, and classless)."

Who is the moron, where does it say ALL varsity coaches,if you are going to put a word in caps that you claim someone posted make sure they actually did.I have yet to see the varsity coach that does not want to win a game just because they don't agree with mommy that her daughter is a starter does not mean they want to lose. Name the coach that does not want to win and also name the coach that does not play favorites , they all do. Hey moron any coach that puts starters on the field is playing favorites.

Sorry, but you're still clearly the moron here. The more you type, the more you prove it.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Not for nothing but clubs tell the families not to broadcast from where their looks are coming from. Probably to reduce friction.

In my own experience, in another sport, my daughter had a coach coming here to see her play and her "friend" all of a sudden was contacting that coach to see her (the friend) play as well despite having no prior interest in that school. Ie., jumping on our bandwagon because it was convenient (and possibly another direct challenge to my kid, because that was going on as well). I did not appreciate that at all. The other parents even violated NCAA guidelines regarding contact when I was playing by the rules. In the end, neither girl chose that school but the whole experience put a nail in coffin of that friendship. So yeah, since then I've played my cards closer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I, for one enjoy watching the game alone... and stand to the side on purpose... I don't miss your conversation..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I, for one enjoy watching the game alone... and stand to the side on purpose... I don't miss your conversation..

Thats a shame that you can't share in your communities school district spirit, thats what it is all about, its not just about you and your daughter.
Do realize this will all be over some day soon? Make some friends from town

Page 8 of 83 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard