BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, who cares where the team ranks or if they win X amount of tournaments. Is he playing lacrosse and learning something thats all that matters at this age. Don't buy into hype.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does looking at the different 2021 clubs and showing appreciation for the ones who are talented and run well equate to living through your son ? My kids not on an A team but I have friends whos kids are and I enjoy competitive level they play on and we at times talk about the diffrent clubs and what we think of them.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where does the Checkmate Shark rank at this age?

You really want someone's opinion on where a team ranks after reading the threads on this forum?
I am as crazy as the next person, but really the posts here about 10 yo lacrosse are insane.
If your son is playing lax at 10, clubs offer teams at every level for your player, which is a good thing. If he is on a team where it's all about winning and he runs one shift per half, move him to another team where he gets more time on the field. They learn lacrosse IQ more during games then practices. They need to be on the field.
Clubs find equal competition for every team at every level, some days go well, some don't but if your son is playing and wants to play, that's what it is all about.
There are some excellent teams at the 2021 age and competition is always spirited and I would never take anything away from these kids that perform at a very high level at 10. But everyone needs to check their ego at the door and just make sure your player is having fun and developing. It's a long road ahead to the D1 players everyone thinks they have at this young age.
This is just my opinion and I am sure I will get chastised in subsequent posts about how I know and understand nothing about what is and is not important. Face the facts, the kids enjoy running around the hotel with their teammates just as much if not more than the tournament to which we travel. Have fun, they are 10 and don't burn them out.

No chastising here, I think you are spot on dude. Way to many dads living vicariously thru their kids these days. It's become an epidemic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What time has more upside for a player at the age Checkmate sharks or team 91 Stampede 2021/2022?

If this is the first year of checkmate at this age bracket, then I would assume they are comparable. I.e. They are developmental teams looking for the kids to learn / make friends / and play with kids who want a little more competition than PAL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was just reading this and I saw the <We will own the 2021 division this summer>

That is pretty pathetic to say with a few wins and loses....

Respectfully Sir let me tell you something (My cousin is 2021 - And yes I am still a lax player)...these kids from Long Island are not gonna let that go down....Your team was very good I thought (I saw your game against 91) and you should feel good about the wins you did have that day. Come spring you will see the tempo shift and thats when you realize that driving around with a 6 cylinder gets you toasted by 400 horses under the hood. Its not even gonna be close....Its takes time to get a team to the consistent level of some of these teams but you are on your way. Good luck!!!! Not being mean...Just being realistic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm from a non-hotbed region and the head coach of 2021 travel team. Don't think I'll face any LI teams this Summer but I enjoy following some of their success (my kids love watching the Team 91 U11 [lacrosse]'s highlight vid from a year or so ago).

Anyway, I'm likely to face some good Maryland teams this Summer. How have the LI 2021 teams done against teams like the Crabs 2021 team, the Breakers U11AA team and/or the MadLax U11AA?

Thanks in advance.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should ask this question in the MD forum to get a non-biased opinion! Actually I think LI is better at the top. Igloo and 91 would beat the teams you have listed.

We will find out in June at Crabfest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will get many opinions with this kind of question but at the very top LI is probably better but after the top three teams it becomes a wash. There is so much money to be made off of these parents that there are probably 50 so called "elite" teams in each region. 4-5 are really solid the rest you wouldn't know were from hotbed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are several top organizations throughout LI as there are in other areas of the country. That does not necessarily mean that all age groups are the same though within the organizations. Some ages may be stronger than other just because some players may be more skilled, some age groups may play more baseball or other sports, instead of lacrosse, etc.
At the 2021 age group on LI there are 3 dominant teams: in no particular order:
Team LI 2021
Igloo 2021
Team 91 Orange 2021
To compare them to the top Maryland teams is difficult as they do not typically play one another. This year they will all be at the Crabfest. Regardless of who wins what I think we can all garauntee some good competitive lacrosse. So, with that said, "hats off" to these top tier teams and good luck in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since when has Team LI been a dominant team in 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll put them in order for you -

1. Igloo 2021
2. Team 91 Orange

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks - I thought Crabfeast was 2017 teams only.

The Crabs 2021 team won the 2013 Greene Turtle Fall Invitational. Based on their full videos on youtube from that tournament against MadLax, Looney's and Breakers, they certainly looked a notch better and much taller than those other 3 MD teams. Wasn't sure if any of those teams played LI teams in 2013.

Anyway, just curious. I like to see how the very best U11 teams play because it informs me on how I should aspire my kids to play. The triple-threat position, incredibly quick passing and great time-and-room shooting of the prior Team 91 U11 team (when they were in the middle of 6th grade at that point on December 31st) is pretty great stuff to watch. I aimed a lot of my Fall practice drills at developing those skills in my kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Igloo 2021
2. Team 91 Orange

Ask team 91 Orange if Team LI should be rated among the top 3. The last 2 meetings went to Team LI. Again, all 3 teams are very good and any matchup could go either way regardless of who plays who.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Igloo 2021
2. Team 91 Orange

Don't be so sure. I have seen Team LI 2021 play and they will compete with the 2 listed above. Igloo's dominance, if you want to call it that as they are only in 5th grade, is over. Also, 91 Orange could take Igloo any given day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would love to see TL play Igloo.
Seems to me they are never in the same tournaments.
No 2021 LI team has beaten Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who makes this stuff up ? Igloo loses one game to a out of toen team and suddenly its over for them ? Orange is better ? Have they beaten them yet ? Yes or no ?

1. Igloo 2021
2. Team 91 Orange

Don't be so sure. I have seen Team LI 2021 play and they will compete with the 2 listed above. Igloo's dominance, if you want to call it that as they are only in 5th grade, is over. Also, 91 Orange could take Igloo any given day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Igloo 2021
2. Team 91 Orange

Lets take the top players from each team: 2 attack/ea, 3 middies/ea, 2 defenseman/ea and 2 goalies and make a true elite team. Maybe then we can stop the argument on who is more dominant. LI or MD. LI is obviously watered down, yet these 3 teams will compete in June in MD and hopefully win the crabfest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange is a very good team. And yes, everyone is beatable on any given day. Let's not forget the past tournaments were Igloo played 91 or indoor (yes it's just indoor).

Just setting the record straight. Some parents are getting silly on this and start believing what they write or read.

Once again - let's not forget they are only in 5th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Orange is not the team that has consistently been portrayed as unstoppable , they are far from elite but far from terrible , that makes them average ! They have had their shares of loses and to teams you would least expect. The talent pool across the island in this age group is tremendous with many travel programs having stronger teams as the maturity of the lacrosse IQ has gotten stronger with the 2021 level , maybe years ago this core group team was once the team to be on and the team to beat. Not so anymore ! Igloo is also fading as well , welcome to Puberty Gents !

91 Orange is a very good team. And yes, everyone is beatable on any given day. Let's not forget the past tournaments were Igloo played 91 or indoor (yes it's just indoor).

Just setting the record straight. Some parents are getting silly on this and start believing what they write or read.

Once again - let's not forget they are only in 5th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is the best 5th/6th grade team playing in the 2021 year. 91 is the best pure 5th grade team playing in the 2021 year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you attest that 91 DOES NOT have kids as old or older then Igloo ? WHen 91 plays out of state do they make sure when they play the U brackets that they check their roster to make sure a held back kid is not too old ? No, they frekin dont, STop crying , the kids on those tow teams are the same age.
Igloo is the best 5th/6th grade team playing in the 2021 year. 91 is the best pure 5th grade team playing in the 2021 year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow - Igloo is fading?! Not sure what games you have been watching or if you are getting all your intel from BOTC.

Igloo actually appears stronger then last year.

Games are won/lost on the field not on BOTC.

Stop trying to convince yourself. Once again time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you attest that 91 DOES NOT have kids as old or older then Igloo ? WHen 91 plays out of state do they make sure when they play the U brackets that they check their roster to make sure a held back kid is not too old ? No, they frekin dont, STop crying , the kids on those tow teams are the same age.

[quote=Anonymous]Would love to see TL play Igloo.
[/quot

NO, there is no need to check. A local area such as LI, NY has several large clubs, fielding 1,2,or even 3 teams at each age division. A dishonest registrant would not last one event on an incorrect age bracketed team. We see each other so often at all local league events and tourneys, that this is simply so. NO parent would allow it, as we see evidenced upon these threads. I can NOT speak for teams while out of town, but as far as ROSTERING a kid incorrectly, this would not, has not, and will not happen. Competing teams would squawk louder than all of you here, combined. Just as you accuse us of crying, then you would imagine the crying if we were to get into the whole re-classification thing, or PG, or whatever scam some folks use to get a leg up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really. SO your telling me at tryouts 91 and Express make sure that nobody in that grade level was held back and would violate a U bracket when they compete out of State ? There tryouts go by GRADE and they play out of state and have never to my knowledge told a player he couldnt compete because of it. Your deluding yourself. The truth is that the kids on the Island teams are pretty much all the same age but this is a way to make you feel better about losing to Igloo.

[/quot

NO, there is no need to check. A local area such as LI, NY has several large clubs, fielding 1,2,or even 3 teams at each age division. A dishonest registrant would not last one event on an incorrect age bracketed team. We see each other so often at all local league events and tourneys, that this is simply so. NO parent would allow it, as we see evidenced upon these threads. I can NOT speak for teams while out of town, but as far as ROSTERING a kid incorrectly, this would not, has not, and will not happen. Competing teams would squawk louder than all of you here, combined. Just as you accuse us of crying, then you would imagine the crying if we were to get into the whole re-classification thing, or PG, or whatever scam some folks use to get a leg up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does Icon 2021 fit compared to the top three? Are they close?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really. SO your telling me at tryouts 91 and Express make sure that nobody in that grade level was held back and would violate a U bracket when they compete out of State ? There tryouts go by GRADE and they play out of state and have never to my knowledge told a player he couldnt compete because of it. Your deluding yourself. The truth is that the kids on the Island teams are pretty much all the same age but this is a way to make you feel better about losing to Igloo.

Wow. Me, delusional. Have a nice day, friend. Wait. Perhaps I should explain my point. This would not be managed by the club. The involvement of competing parents would not allow this. Can you imagine, let's say, @ Express teams and one or two 91 teams at the same event, and one was to finish higher in bracket.... Do you not think that, (being that little Johnnie's knowledge of almost WHO, HOW OLD, and IN WHAT GRADE every kid is in) the competing factions of the clubs would blow the whole thing wide open? You may be CORRECT about how insane most of this all is! My ONLY intention is to illustrate that the MD PA< etc., methods of cheating (hold back, PG, etc) would not work here because these clubs and kids AND parents have all run with one another along the way at some point. NOT saying that they aren't crazy, but the age cheat will NOT go without being exposed around here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent wise they are up there. The problem with Icon is they don't practice as much as the top 2 as a team. If they did they would be top 2 or at least make a 3 or 4 horse race. I think they don't practice in the fall and winter and start late spring into summer but I am not sure of that. I do know they don't practice like Igloo does.
Where does Icon 2021 fit compared to the top three? Are they close?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe ICON and 91 were in the finals at Shamrock, where was Igloo? Shamrock is one of the only tournaments that all the top teams attend. Laxfest is the next so I guess we will have to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am convinced that everyone has at least one or two Aug-July birthday holdbacks playing on their grade based teams. That would put them over in terms of U11 play. As long as US lacrosse lacks a robust age verification system like hockey and the tournament directors are making a fortune nothing is going to change. Deal with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know that Igloo lost to those Rising Sons from PA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey correct , Igloo did lose to the rising sons 2021 team , so how strong are they again?
OH and Stop trying to convince YOURSELF they are strong enough to play competitive in the 6th grade bracket , You will not compete against Crush or Titanium.

Lets hear your whining now.........

Wow - Igloo is fading?! Not sure what games you have been watching or if you are getting all your intel from BOTC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Genius - where did you see in the previous post - Igloo can beat Crush (or play competive - according your post).

According to your logic - that means the other 2021 teams can compete against Crush.

Stop making up arguments to convince yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By that logic the Seattle Seahawks are not the best team in the NFL because they lost a game. Igloo 2021 has been dominating their age bracket for a while. not prepared afte ron eloss to suddenly put other teams who they have beaten on a regular basis ahead of them
Hey correct , Igloo did lose to the rising sons 2021 team , so how strong are they again?
OH and Stop trying to convince YOURSELF they are strong enough to play competitive in the 6th grade bracket , You will not compete against Crush or Titanium.

Lets hear your whining now.........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know they may be in the "proper grade", but are they the same age as these other kids. Most 2021 kids were born in 2003, maybe the end of 2002. All other kids are considered older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Set up a round robin with these teams.
On at a neutral site so you all can get some sleep.
LI lax fest is too far away.
Igloo, 91, TIL and anyone else you all see fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Set up a round robin with these teams.
On at a neutral site so you all can get some sleep.
LI lax fest is too far away.
Igloo, 91, TIL and anyone else you all see fit.

And have everyone bring a birth certificate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think people care if Igloo wins games or who they beat. Regardless of the outcome of any game we all know deep down how good our kids are. If Igloo beats 91 it does not mean that every kid on Igloo is better then every kid on 91. Reading this board that is what it seems many parents (not just Igloo parents) think. Since we all know Igloo has multible 6th graders on the 5th grade team and one of the best players they have is a 5th grade kid that is old enough to be in 6th it leaves Igloo open to be criticized. You should not be offended when age is brought up as a factor in helping Igloo succeed BECAUSE IT IS a factor. If it was not helping Igloo win games they would not take older kids. I for one think any parent who lets a kid play down a year, even for a great team like Igloo is making a big mistake. I think most would agree that a kid is better served playing with his age group even for a lesser team. Having older kids work great for a team to win games but hurts the kid playing down.

[/quot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one of the best players they have is a 5th grade kid that is old enough to be in 6th it l Thats the POINT. How many players on 91 are old enough to be in 6th grade?.HOW MANY PLAYERS WOULD NOT MAKE THE U BRACKET BECAUSE THEY WENT GRADE NOT AGE. I bet if you compered actual ages of the kids on Igloo to 91 you'd find that they average out to to be the same age. The very thing you complaining about, a player who SHOULD be in in 6th grade is what all the year bracket teams allow. The truth is 91 could very well actually have more older kids then Igloo
I don't think people care if Igloo wins games or who they beat. Regardless of the outcome of any game we all know deep down how good our kids are. If Igloo beats 91 it does not mean that every kid on Igloo is better then every kid on 91. Reading this board that is what it seems many parents (not just Igloo parents) think. Since we all know Igloo has multible 6th graders on the 5th grade team and one of the best players they have is a 5th grade kid that is old enough to be in 6th it leaves Igloo open to be criticized. You should not be offended when age is brought up as a factor in helping Igloo succeed BECAUSE IT IS a factor. If it was not helping Igloo win games they would not take older kids. I for one think any parent who lets a kid play down a year, even for a great team like Igloo is making a big mistake. I think most would agree that a kid is better served playing with his age group even for a lesser team. Having older kids work great for a team to win games but hurts the kid playing down.

[/quot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is also a 5th grade kid young enough to be in 4th grade I hope that makes it all better are we even NOW!!!! Enough on this nonsense please !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha. If you are pissed about their 2021 ages wait until you get a look at the 2022 ages.
On a serious note until lacrosse comes together and goes to a strictly age based U cut off (SOCCER ALREADY THERE)these disputes will rage on forever. Kids move in and out of LI all the time with different age cutoffs from other states, even NYC. Kids on the grade "cusp", especially boys, are held back so they dont lag behind academically at early years. The only thing that will even the playing field is strict age based requirements. My kid is a late year birthday and kids playing in the grade under him are only weeks and a few months behind him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have an Oct/Nov boy, usually people in education suggest you keep him back.
Ha. If you are pissed about their 2021 ages wait until you get a look at the 2022 ages.
On a serious note until lacrosse comes together and goes to a strictly age based U cut off (SOCCER ALREADY THERE)these disputes will rage on forever. Kids move in and out of LI all the time with different age cutoffs from other states, even NYC. Kids on the grade "cusp", especially boys, are held back so they dont lag behind academically at early years. The only thing that will even the playing field is strict age based requirements. My kid is a late year birthday and kids playing in the grade under him are only weeks and a few months behind him.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard