BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Oyster Bay Lacrosse League - Spring League Registration
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious how did the 2021 Wolves match up against Igloo>?

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure but Rising Sons 2019 beat Outlaws handidly, beat NYC 2019 and then beat 91 Crush. Those parents from Crush were losing their minds. I saw MC with a huge smile on his face watching Crush get crushed. Does anyone know how the Rising Sons 2020 did vs 2020 Terps?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo won 10-1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know how they classify graduation years in Pennsylvania but it sure seemed to me as if some of the Rising Sons 2019 players drove themselves to the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is the last weekend of OBL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Rising Sons 2019s are legit. They have been together since last summer. They are from the Philadelphia suburbs. They are a 7th grade team. They are 12-13 year olds. All of the kids fit within the U13 US lacrosse designation for birthdates with the exception of maybe 3 kids that have August birthdays (US lacrosse cut-off for U13 is August 31). They have two losses, both of which came at Winter Indoor Nationals. A few of the kids on the team played 91 Crush two years ago in Florida as Freedom players at the Dicks Tourney in the U11 semi.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop complaining. I'm sure some of the LI 7th graders are big to. What are you gonna do , they grow them big over there. I doubt they lie about age. Are you sad you lost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they are only cheating by 3 kids?...Or 30% of a 10 man squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just said it they are older than our 2019 kids by alot- August is 6-9 months older. Your school cut off is 4 months older than ours.
Your older period. Do not think it make a different look at pop warner championship stats from the last 25 years the older team almost always won. Most kids near cutoff date= best chance of championship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In PA children need to be 5 on or before 8/31 to enter Kindergarten. It is VERY common for children with summer Birthdays to not start school when they have just turned 5 but to wait until the next year. So they start Kindergarten as they just turned 6. That is if the parents (or schools) feel that they are not mature enough to handle kindergarten at a young 5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they are u15 playing down against younger kids Great Example they are setting

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nice math, its 3 month difference on cut off. 9/1-10/1 is one month, 10/1-11/1 is 2 months, 11/1-12/1 is 3 months.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their still 2019's. You guys bragging about all these 7A 2019 Tournament Championships and the Sons just beat you back down into your right division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I told you puberty would be the equalizer with Crush. They will probably drop out of all 7A tourney's now and play their age this summer. Knowing those Rising Mennonites are out there.

This is hysterical!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop complaining. I'm sure some of the LI 7th graders are big to. What are you gonna do , they grow them big over there. I doubt they lie about age. Are you sad you lost

I'm sure the team is good. Really. But I bet if you look at the birthdates of the 2 teams you will see that the PA team is on average 6 months older. That is very significant at this age. I would say that in general if you compare kids of otherwise similar skill and ability, the older team wins the vast majority of times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your cutoff is later, then I would suggest sticking to your age division when playing out of state teams. And, I would think that any coach with experience would know that the age cutoffs for PA is different than in NY. I also think that playing an older team (especially at the time when some kids are into puberty and others are not) is just not a good idea. I don't care how good your kids are, someone is going to get hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 kids out of an 18 player roster (not 10). I cannot speak to the difference between when kids enter grades in different states. Maybe the teams will meet again at tournament where US Lacrosse birthdate rules apply and govern the rosters. If it's the Dicks Tourney of Champions in FL, all of the RSL kids will make the U13 cut-off because the Dicks rules are Aug 1. There's also a big difference in size between kids in 6-8th grades when puberty sets in. 91 has a big right attack that is one of the biggest kids on the 91 squad. He may be maturing ahead of his teammates. I watched the RSL kids play an 8th grade team in PA last month. The 8th grade team made the 2019 RSL team look small. Nearly all of the poles on the 8th grade team were 6'0" tall or taller. It was a battle. Final score was 8-7 RSL. Came down to the last two minutes. Age makes a difference in middle school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they are only cheating by 3 kids?...Or 30% of a 10 man squad.

Lol... Caught that too. I guess those were the extra tall kids on the team. Fact is, those 3 can't play in any tournament requiring birth certificates because they won't qualify and should NOT be playing a team a full year younger and kids half their size. Whoever arranged that game should be happy no one was hurt. Nonetheless, it was a competitive game. I'd like to see how RIsing Sons handles teams with kids their size. Too bad the whole team won't qualify for Dicks- it would be nice to see them in the mix.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just said it they are older than our 2019 kids by alot- August is 6-9 months older. Your school cut off is 4 months older than ours.
Your older period. Do not think it make a different look at pop warner championship stats from the last 25 years the older team almost always won. Most kids near cutoff date= best chance of championship

This is the cut off, that clearly does not mean that all the kids on that team have September, October or November birthdays. Also, are you all claiming that in Long Island no one holds their kids back (the ones with late birthdays)? I find it hard to believe that the majority of kids start Kindergarten when they are only 4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the prior posts. All of the RSL kids make the cutoff for Dicks. The birthdate is Aug 1. The team qualified at a Fall tournament. They will make a decision on going this summer. Many of the kids play on 2-3 teams so they are waiting to see if any of the other teams are going (Freedom, etc). 91 is a great team with great players. Everyone knows they are the best in their age group. They need to be careful selecting tournaments/age divisions for the next 3 years while they and the older competition (2019s) are maturing at different rates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tallest kid on the team is a US lacrosse legit U13.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you people feeling sorry for Crush ? They always brag they can beat most 2019's and now they found out they can't. So what.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't at the game but sounds like JS bit off more than he could chew. Wasn't it just a game, why is it getting this much attention. Good teams get beat all the time. Sounds like the Sons have a nice program developing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He wasn't there so doubt that but I do have a hard time believing PA kids just happen to be a foot bigger than LI kids

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My 2019's are a foot taller than my 2020's....and my 2020's are a full foot taller than my 2021's. Why would you not believe that our 2019's wouldn't be a foot taller than a long island 2020??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feel bad for those Crush Kids that JS puts them in those type of environments. He uses those kids to boost his ego. If he wins hes a genius, best coach, best kids. He loses and blames the other team for being to old when they are of proper age. Can't have it both ways...dude. When you play your team up you run the risk of getting them hurt, physically, mentally and obviously emotionally. Oh and by the way, and I don't agree with this but, US Lacrosse thinks its ok to have those two teams play each other. YEP our governing body thinks a kid that has turned 13 after 9/1 and a kid who turns 12 before 8/31 are in the same division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the 2017s are all7ft tall? Amish idiot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Sons2020
My 2019's are a foot taller than my 2020's....and my 2020's are a full foot taller than my 2021's. Why would you not believe that our 2019's wouldn't be a foot taller than a long island 2020??

It seems from the posts above that based on school start dates, US lax rules and a few hold backs, your starting 10 on your 2019 team are anywhere from 6 months to a year older than the average 2019 LI team. Most likely they are in line with the average 2018 team here. Understand, we parents from LI know this, yet we have our kids play your teams, we welcome the competition. We believe our kids will get better and benefit from challenging themselves while playing up in age against your older teams. My question to you is: What is the benefit to your players when you knowingly play them down against younger, smaller kids? I know they're the same "grade" but we all know the facts. Why do you drive all the way to LI to do that? Would you not want to challenge your kids at least against kids the same age and size? I'm not trying to be provocative, I just don't understand the mindset behind doing that. Do you and the parents on your team sit around and say: "wow, did you see Johnny blow by that kid from LI who was a year younger, that was awesome". Please, I know I sound sarcastic, but I'm really trying to understand what the benefit to your team is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No we don't have 2017's because we couldn't find kids tall enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the argument here is not so much the Sons being legit, but how much some players physically changed in a short period of time. It seems they have several versions of the same team. Do you think players don't pick up on that when on the field with a team more than once? Ask me, it defies the laws of science. They grew hair and muscle mass in a matter of weeks. Regardless though, 9-7 made for an exciting game. It did not warrant this much banter. But I guess, if you need to... carry on. CRUSH- competitive, not sore losing. Pride, not arrogance. One Excellent Team who played extremely hard as they always do. They are a quality team that exemplifies the outstanding instruction they have received as well as their love for the game. Now quit insulting the coach. Quit insulting the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok Mr. Express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if the the Sons have been together since last summer, why did they refer to players as numbers not names? Curious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In PA children need to be 5 on or before 8/31 to enter Kindergarten. It is VERY common for children with summer Birthdays to not start school when they have just turned 5 but to wait until the next year. So they start Kindergarten as they just turned 6. That is if the parents (or schools) feel that they are not mature enough to handle kindergarten at a young 5.

Doesn't seem like a big deal when they are 5 or 6 in the classroom, but put them on a sports field and a year (or 18 months) makes a HUGE difference. If you have kids on the roster born before 8/31 and they're on the field, you're cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure the team is good. Really. But I bet if you look at the birthdates of the 2 teams you will see that the PA team is on average 6 months older. That is very significant at this age. I would say that in general if you compare kids of otherwise similar skill and ability, the older team wins the vast majority of times.

I think if you looked at the Crush roster you would see that on average they are 6 months older than all the other 2020 teams...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another clear example of the delusional thinking. I overheard 91 parents stating this isn't the same team we played in Loyola. Yeah, who didn't know that? You played the 2020's in Loyola. This was the 2019's with hair, muscles, and pimples. These are the same kids that you will see playing this summer in the 2019 brackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not accurate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Sons2020

It seems from the posts above that based on school start dates, US lax rules and a few hold backs, your starting 10 on your 2019 team are anywhere from 6 months to a year older than the average 2019 LI team. Most likely they are in line with the average 2018 team here. Understand, we parents from LI know this, yet we have our kids play your teams, we welcome the competition. We believe our kids will get better and benefit from challenging themselves while playing up in age against your older teams. My question to you is: What is the benefit to your players when you knowingly play them down against younger, smaller kids? I know they're the same "grade" but we all know the facts. Why do you drive all the way to LI to do that? Would you not want to challenge your kids at least against kids the same age and size? I'm not trying to be provocative, I just don't understand the mindset behind doing that. Do you and the parents on your team sit around and say: "wow, did you see Johnny blow by that kid from LI who was a year younger, that was awesome". Please, I know I sound sarcastic, but I'm really trying to understand what the benefit to your team is?

On youth hockey blog sites these debates don't exist...you're born in one calendar year, have to register with US Hockey and can't play without your player registration form that validates your age. There is no debate, older kids are bigger, stronger, faster, better than younger kids, that's why you're supposed to play against your own age. Someone's kid is always going to be the youngest, but the way US Lacrosse does it results in humongous age gaps and it's not just a few months difference, it could be as much as 17 months (December 2003 kid starts school with others from 2003 and plays against a kid born August 1st 2002 is 17 months older!) What a joke...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think if you looked at the Crush roster you would see that on average they are 6 months older than all the other 2020 teams...

I think not...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical NY narcissism. It seems you are the only ones using the 12/31 cut off but every other part of the country should adhere to your rules? You don't follow the US Lacrosse age guidelines yet you expect US Lacrosse to protect your little darlings from all of the big, bad animals on the other side of the Goethals?

A couple of weeks ago Crush parents were puffing about winning a 2019 tournament when their own 2019 team didn't even make it out of pool play. Now you are questioning the mindset of some kids from Philly? Mindset? Why wouldn't they want to play a team that just won a 2019 tourney? If they were scheduled to play 91 2019, I'm sure they would have played them instead.

And Johnny didn't blow by the LI kid because he was a year younger. Johnny blew by him because the kid thought he was better than he really is and tried to "D up" Johnny at midfield instead of dropping into the hole. I guarantee both teams got better after competing against each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo won 10-1

Who won the Igloo vs Jester 2021 game?

Like Reply Quote