BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 83 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is your opinion on a good ratio for assists to goals so you aren't deemed a black hole of a ball hog? Seems some leading scorers assist 30% of the time but some are close to single digits.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
And maybe that was his daughter's choice.

Yes it was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is your opinion on a good ratio for assists to goals so you aren't deemed a black hole of a ball hog? Seems some leading scorers assist 30% of the time but some are close to single digits.

As a coach I want to see it at 50%.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a coach I want to see it at 50%.

I would love to see 50% since it is a team sport but we play on a team where everyone has to pass except the chosen one or as you said the black hole. She doesn't think anyone else is capable of scoring so she will do it herself. When she does pass its to just a few girls. The rest run around as decoys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
let me guess, bellport or Islip.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
50% are you kdding me. there are scorers and there are feeders depending on your schools style. top goal scorers are at 5% assists, that coach would like to see it, but it never happens. he would also like to see his team win all its games, lol. if he made a comment like that, he probably at the bottom of the pack, if you know what i mean

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
50% are you kdding me. there are scorers and there are feeders depending on your schools style. top goal scorers are at 5% assists, that coach would like to see it, but it never happens. he would also like to see his team win all its games, lol. if he made a comment like that, he probably at the bottom of the pack, if you know what i mean

Black Holes SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF TEAMS, especially if the team is losing. Only one happy in that scenario is the parents of the "one" because you know, she gotta get hers so she can sign that letter of intent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
picks of the day

H H Hills @ West Babylon HHH weak, west bab by 5
Copiague @ Patchogue-Medford pat med by as many as they want
Center Moriches @ Shoreham WR SWr wakes up beats weak team by 2
EH/BH/PIER @ Matt/Gpt/Shld
Harborfields @ Babylon harborfields - bab superstar out
Islip @ Bayport-Blue Pt BBP to strong by 8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well how was it? big turnout? competition?

It was broken down into 2 groups, 2017's and 2016 and 2015's there was about 80 kids in the group I was watching. Competition was very good ( although I did not see any Elite caliber kids). they expect to cut the list down to about 40 and play a "Pride of LI" game then make final decisions for the Maryland trip.. Overall it was similar to any large tryout... Shuttles, stations 4 V 3, 6 V 5, half field and full field scrimmage.. Typical complaint.. the evaluaters weren't watching but chatting to each other..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think 1 assist for every 2 goals is ideal for a "scoring Middie..a feeding attack player would have the numbers reversed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does your team have a dynamic feeder? It is possible to have two players who work very well together, one who plays well off ball and one who looks to feed.

I would like to have one "ball hog" one "feeder" and a bunch of well balanced players who understand the game. Oh yea, a very athletic defense and a decent goalie wouldn't hurt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does your team have a dynamic feeder? It is possible to have two players who work very well together, one who plays well off ball and one who looks to feed.

I would like to have one "ball hog" one "feeder" and a bunch of well balanced players who understand the game. Oh yea, a very athletic defense and a decent goalie wouldn't hurt.

Our balanced players are losing patience with our ball hog. We all get the fact that she is D1 bound, but its painful for everyone else around her both players and parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the Brine tryout today?

Yes

Brine is a waste of time and money!!! College coaches do not show up like they advertise. And the ones that do are there for the boy. It's like everything else almost every kid makes the team. Long Island picks their team and the rest of the girls go into a pool of players to fill rosters for teams who didn't get enough. My daughter played for LI a few years ago but her friend was on New England...both from Long Island. Don't be fooled into believing it's like under armour bc it's not and it's usually the same time that Under Armour is going on just an FYI...SAVE your $$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was broken down into 2 groups, 2017's and 2016 and 2015's there was about 80 kids in the group I was watching. Competition was very good ( although I did not see any Elite caliber kids). they expect to cut the list down to about 40 and play a "Pride of LI" game then make final decisions for the Maryland trip.. Overall it was similar to any large tryout... Shuttles, stations 4 V 3, 6 V 5, half field and full field scrimmage.. Typical complaint.. the evaluaters weren't watching but chatting to each other..

It's a money maker doesn't compare to an elite team like Under Armour!!! Save your money not a coach will be found on the sidelines for girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The middle school tryouts were a joke, the people doing the evaluations were barely paying attention, some kids got into the scrimmages only at the end, while others were out there almost the whole time. Watching the one on one area you had some groups were kids trying out for middie played defense the whole time while other kids trying out for middie played offense the whole time.For 90 or so dollars you could at least have 3 full hours of tryouts a few more evaluaters who pay attention.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are also many college camps the same week as the Brine Classic, so it might be a better decision to send your daughter to a camp at the college she may be interested in attending....she will get more looks and would be a more productive way to spend her time.

Additionally, if Brine tryouts were run the same way as last year....that would mean that Team Elevate will be representing LI again in Maryland! I do hope for those of you that attended that they had impartial coaches evaluating this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are also many college camps the same week as the Brine Classic, so it might be a better decision to send your daughter to a camp at the college she may be interested in attending....she will get more looks and would be a more productive way to spend her time.

Additionally, if Brine tryouts were run the same way as last year....that would mean that Team Elevate will be representing LI again in Maryland! I do hope for those of you that attended that they had impartial coaches evaluating this year?

I agree with the above poster send your daughter to a college camp that's money better spent. Compare some of the camps with the week of the games two years ago they were all almost the same time or close to it. The reality being that the college coaches are not there. If ever there was a money maker Brine is it. Yes they have a long list of college commits but not because of their games it's because most of those girls play travel and emailed the directors when they committed to college. My daughter being one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The middle school tryouts were a joke, the people doing the evaluations were barely paying attention, some kids got into the scrimmages only at the end, while others were out there almost the whole time. Watching the one on one area you had some groups were kids trying out for middie played defense the whole time while other kids trying out for middie played offense the whole time.For 90 or so dollars you could at least have 3 full hours of tryouts a few more evaluaters who pay attention.

Opted my daughters out this year and glad I did. Sending them to a few college camps instead. Better use of money I feel. Daughter did attend Brine last year, but wanted something else this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Don't be fooled into believing it's like under armour bc it's not and it's usually the same time that Under Armour is going on just an FYI...SAVE your $$"

The Brine and UA tournaments are on different weekends this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny heard totally different scenario , we know a several girls who went last year and had a great experience and met up with plenty of college coaches who actually one of the girls were recruited from Brine. Chances are the ones knocking it are the ones who didn't make the cut (SOUR GRAPES)! There was a big turnout at yesterdays tryouts , For each his/her own , Good luck trying out for the UA , its a YJ nation out there! Congrats to all the girls who are in the running.

It's a money maker doesn't compare to an elite team like Under Armour!!! Save your money not a coach will be found on the sidelines for girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are this weeks game predictions enough with the Brine games!!! What are some of the big match ups this week??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny heard totally different scenario , we know a several girls who went last year and had a great experience and met up with plenty of college coaches who actually one of the girls were recruited from Brine. Chances are the ones knocking it are the ones who didn't make the cut (SOUR GRAPES)! There was a big turnout at yesterdays tryouts , For each his/her own , Good luck trying out for the UA , its a YJ nation out there! Congrats to all the girls who are in the running.

No Sour grapes here, just not interested in attending again. If it is not a money maker than why are they asking girls to pay an additional $$$ (over 100) to come play a game so the final decision may be made for cuts. That's over $250 for tryout cost then the additional cost for the 3 days. Sorry, made right decision in not attending this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Sour grapes here, just not interested in attending again. If it is not a money maker than why are they asking girls to pay an additional $$$ (over 100) to come play a game so the final decision may be made for cuts. That's over $250 for tryout cost then the additional cost for the 3 days. Sorry, made right decision in not attending this year.

Its a complete money grab and anyone who went to the tryouts this year knows it.Prior to tryouts had heard that it is but thought we would give it a try anyway, big mistake. My daughter was selected to attend the next tryout but no thanks, another 150 dollars to play in 1 game so they can make a final decision, what a joke. BOC , I am surprised you are not all over this , a 250 dollar try-out fee and its not like the kids get any instruction out of it.From what I have seen you get to pay 250 dollars to get evaluaters that barely pay attention .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine was ridiculous and everyone there knows it. What they have to realize as they steal our money is they play with the minds of children. There were times nobody paid any attention to play. I have a daughter who had the worst tryout and she was selected. And I see a 2021 kid??? is that 2021 kid better then kids not selected. come on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine was ridiculous and everyone there knows it. What they have to realize as they steal our money is they play with the minds of children. There were times nobody paid any attention to play. I have a daughter who had the worst tryout and she was selected. And I see a 2021 kid??? is that 2021 kid better then kids not selected. come on.

They did not take a couple of the best 2019 kids but took a 2021 kid who would have no chance playing against those 2019 kids. They took what 3 defenders , so I guess the position you try out for means very little they will just take a couple middies and make them defenders I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are this weeks game predictions enough with the Brine games!!! What are some of the big match ups this week??

Saint Anthony's vs. Vero Beach Fla. Fri. Night at 6pm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the 2017 is the Final Roster , looks like it is Team Elevate Roster again .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the 2017 is the Final Roster , looks like it is Team Elevate Roster again .

1/2 the kids at the 2017 tryout were from Elevate and a bunch of them didn't make it. If you're looking for drama about the roster for the 2017 tryout, there may be some but you missed the mark.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see if that girls is able to put up numbers like that aginst Bayshore, West Islip, and West Babylon next week!

No 11 point scorers in todays game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the superstar got shutout, now let me guess she was sick, got hurt, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to the tryout , daughter was selected but not going. Not paying another tryout fee only to pay again to go to a camp. Why another tryout fee?? $250 just to tryout. Just another money grab. Looked into it. It;s not even run by Brine. It;s run by some sports business. Have fun without me.

It was broken down into 2 groups, 2017's and 2016 and 2015's there was about 80 kids in the group I was watching. Competition was very good ( although I did not see any Elite caliber kids). they expect to cut the list down to about 40 and play a "Pride of LI" game then make final decisions for the Maryland trip.. Overall it was similar to any large tryout... Shuttles, stations 4 V 3, 6 V 5, half field and full field scrimmage.. Typical complaint.. the evaluaters weren't watching but chatting to each other.. [/quote]

It's a money maker doesn't compare to an elite team like Under Armour!!! Save your money not a coach will be found on the sidelines for girls. [/quote] [/quote]

No Sour grapes here, just not interested in attending again. If it is not a money maker than why are they asking girls to pay an additional $$$ (over 100) to come play a game so the final decision may be made for cuts. That's over $250 for tryout cost then the additional cost for the 3 days. Sorry, made right decision in not attending this year. [/quote] [/quote]

1/2 the kids at the 2017 tryout were from Elevate and a bunch of them didn't make it. If you're looking for drama about the roster for the 2017 tryout, there may be some but you missed the mark. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please, enough with the Brine stuff! Start a new thread for that. Keep the discussion on the HS teams and the games played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chances of a high school athlete competing in College Lacrosse
Number of High School Lacrosse players
100,641 men 74,993 women
Number of College Lacrosse players
12,781 men, 9,845 women
% of high school players competing in college
11.7% men 11.7% women

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Brine classic is for high school students and belongs on this thread. I think it is helpful to future players to have this info. It is a money grab and the evaluators are biased towards one club in particular.....I for one would have liked this info last year when my daughter went to the $80-$100 tryout.....Last year there were many high caliber players there who were not chosen or even made alternates.....it was all about team elevate. These boards, as much as there is so much crap and whining on them can be very helpful to kids coming up if they have this info in hand. I personally believe the tryout numbers were way way lower this year because this info was disseminated to the lax community last year....so sorry you are bothered by something that does not interest you....but I hope the info helps others! Wishing all LI players a great rest of the HS season and a great summer season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
should be an interesting week , Islip has games against two of the weakest teams out there( two first year varsity programs). My guess the under over for the sisters is 40 points total in the two games. Any takers on that bet.Hey Islip coach how about a little sportsmanship, maybe let the stat builders get a tatste of how it feels to play defense for a whole game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
should be an interesting week , Islip has games against two of the weakest teams out there( two first year varsity programs). My guess the under over for the sisters is 40 points total in the two games. Any takers on that bet.Hey Islip coach how about a little sportsmanship, maybe let the stat builders get a tatste of how it feels to play defense for a whole game.

I just took a look at the stats from Islip's two losses and the girls seem to put up consistent numbers. Most teams are carried by two or three goal scorers they just happen to be sisters. As long as they balance the scoring the kids should be able to continue at the pace they are on. Wouldn't hurt to look to have more assists than goals when they go against weaker teams .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just took a look at the stats from Islip's two losses and the girls seem to put up consistent numbers. Most teams are carried by two or three goal scorers they just happen to be sisters. As long as they balance the scoring the kids should be able to continue at the pace they are on. Wouldn't hurt to look to have more assists than goals when they go against weaker teams .

Who cares if they put up consistant numbers mom,I get it when they need to put up those numbers when trying to win a game but to do so in games that they are going to win easily without them is bad sportsmanship and being a bad teammate.Look at Shorehams last game 17-1 with 1 kid scoring 6 goals, did she need to do that to win the game or was it more to make mommy and daddy feel good.In the end it comes down to the coaches and if they let these stat builder ball hogs do it then its on them.How about being good teammates and trying to get the kids that don't usually score much a few goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pass certain girls the ball on most teams and everyone else can stop running because its never getting passed back - FACT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pass certain girls the ball on most teams and everyone else can stop running because its never getting passed back - FACT!

So true!! The coaches in my HS let the seniors just pass to each other, they never pull them off even though they see they are not passing to open players. So annoying!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The black holes of lacrosse. Usually a sign the coach is weak and too much of a wimp to stop them.

Page 7 of 83 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard