BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 83 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares about D2. and 3 , dont even waste your time

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best is when a 9th grader is called up and then the parents [lacrosse] and moan complaining about their kid not playing. How dare the coach? Doesn't he know my daughter plays on the Super Real Blue YJ team? CR tells me my child is the best! Why do all these seniors have to play? Why do they have senior day? Why are the seniors captains? Doesn't the coach see that my daughter wears YJ gear everyday and not her school colors? How can our coach not fear the bee?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Yeah your right.. let me sell y house which is walking distance to the ocean so that I can send my kid to a large school thats in D1..

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Yeah your right.. let me sell y house which is walking distance to the ocean so that I can send my kid to a large school thats in D1..

Hahaha! Love it. And really dislike the implication the the lower divisions matter less. They matter a great deal to the people in them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a nice weekend folks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a total D bag. Sorry your kid wasn't good enough to make YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Allot of parents actually believe in their daughters imaginary D1 bound world that the reason they are playing up is because the team relies on that specific player , and more so the parents dictate to the coaches on where their daughter should be playing !
That's what we call weak coaching abilities at its best !

Makes Great sense ,Just be realistic with yourselves if your daughter is on the bubble between Varsity and JV don't push the envelope of having her play Varsity so you can sit in the stands and pound your chest that your daughter is wearing a varsity uniform at a younger age 7/8/9/10th grade such is like the majority of the parents we know that have their kids playing up on the big V and have turned into a total monster , like instances "without their daughter on this team" syndrome becomes unbearable , when they hardly are on the field or there was no other choice but to take that particular player do to a positional drought. You want as much playtime for your daughter as possible in game situations , but keep one thing in mind that 90% of your daughters skill advancement is from practicing not from games which at that time they need to apply what they learned from practicing against resistance . This can all be done at the age appropriate bracket , when they get into the Varsity level chances are they will supercede the ones who been there all along with minimal playtime.

That raises an interesting question....As a sub on a team with depth and obvious top line starters, what is the benefit of staying on the team, especially as a freshman or Sophmore? Wouldn't it be more beneficial to play for JV and possibly play every day, more reps, more exposure, etc!
Particularly at certain positions such as attack, goalie, etc. The only way to get better is to play in games and live action. All too often, I see parents make a stink and accept nothing less than having their kids on the "better" team, yet they don't play. This in no way helps the player better their skills and develop as a player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those Islip sisters are good kids and very talented lacrosse players. Islip doesn't win a game without them. Shame on you for picking on a couple of high school kids. You and this site suck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown E all talk? Well time to eat your words.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That raises an interesting question....As a sub on a team with depth and obvious top line starters, what is the benefit of staying on the team, especially as a freshman or Sophmore? Wouldn't it be more beneficial to play for JV and possibly play every day, more reps, more exposure, etc!
Particularly at certain positions such as attack, goalie, etc. The only way to get better is to play in games and live action. All too often, I see parents make a stink and accept nothing less than having their kids on the "better" team, yet they don't play. This in no way helps the player better their skills and develop as a player.

Maybe I'm naive, but I would never call the AD or coach at my daughters HS in any sport and lobby for her to be on varsity. I've heard stories that this goes on everywhere but don't know what to believe. Anyone?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every kid is good enough to make yj, they have six teams in each age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EVERYBODY makes the Yellow Jackets the have 5 or 6 teams in some ages!

Chief Admin
Chief Admin

Coming up next after this commercial from the Yellow Jackets on BOTC Radio is Pink Floyd's "Money"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe I'm naive, but I would never call the AD or coach at my daughters HS in any sport and lobby for her to be on varsity. I've heard stories that this goes on everywhere but don't know what to believe. Anyone?

Trust me, it happens!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Coming up next after this commercial from the Yellow Jackets on BOTC Radio is Pink Floyd's "Money"

I agree, but they do produce, or else they would never be able to field 6 teams. It will be my younger daughters first year on YJ. We chose this team because of their record and reputation of being the best, kind of like choosing 91 or express for boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky point ??

Trust me, it happens!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In many towns younger girls are brought up to Varsity so they can scrimage full field. That kid is a practice body nothing more. If your daughter is brought up and starts or is first or second sub in the game then that kid is legit. Every town has girls on both sides. Its the parents that are delusional and its always the coach or AD's fault never the kids talent level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In many towns younger girls are brought up to Varsity so they can scrimage full field. That kid is a practice body nothing more. If your daughter is brought up and starts or is first or second sub in the game then that kid is legit. Every town has girls on both sides. Its the parents that are delusional and its always the coach or AD's fault never the kids talent level.

You sir are a complete toolbag, please tell me 1 town where they bring kids up to varsity strictly to be a practice player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, my daughter was not chosen for varsity in 9th grade as she was away at an academic event and was upset that girls in her grade were chosen for varsity of the same level of play as her. mid season she was aproached by varsity coach to move up. I am proud to say her answer to the coach was I will move up to varsity if I get playing time but if you want to fill a bench position i will stay on JV as I like to play not watch. I was told this by JV coach not by my daughter. She is not one of the greats from other school district but loves to play. BTW her high school team has never had a win but she and her team mates never give up. let the girls have fun and enjoy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sir are a complete toolbag, please tell me 1 town where they bring kids up to varsity strictly to be a practice player.

Towns do pull up kids to fill out rosters. Kids that would never be pulled up if lacrosse was holding their player numbers. In our town we have way too many 8th graders on JV and 9th graders on varsity. Kids are up due to need not ability

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets varsity had a tough loss to Bayshore today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, my daughter was not chosen for varsity in 9th grade as she was away at an academic event and was upset that girls in her grade were chosen for varsity of the same level of play as her. mid season she was aproached by varsity coach to move up. I am proud to say her answer to the coach was I will move up to varsity if I get playing time but if you want to fill a bench position i will stay on JV as I like to play not watch. I was told this by JV coach not by my daughter. She is not one of the greats from other school district but loves to play. BTW her high school team has never had a win but she and her team mates never give up. let the girls have fun and enjoy

Her response or yours? Doubt a 9th grader uses terminology like "bench position" unless she has been riding it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, but they do produce, or else they would never be able to field 6 teams. It will be my younger daughters first year on YJ. We chose this team because of their record and reputation of being the best, kind of like choosing 91 or express for boys.

In most age groups they field teams that are extremely competitive, those used to be called the blue teams. In order to bamboozle unwary consumers, they dropped the team color codes and ,amed the teams after coaches so that kids on the forth or fifth teams have no idea what team they are on, makes it much easier to get people to comit. So if you chose this club because you were playing for the top team , then you are getting your moneys worth and you are correct that the reputation of being one of the best is correct. The yj, just like the boys clubs you mentioned are cashing in on their top team reputations, especially when you get three four teams out, but who the [lacrosse] even knows what team is what anymore, kinda genius.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow I must have struck a nerve? I guess little Suzie is on Varsity and it hurts too much to accept that she is just a practice body.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In response to the post of 8th gr filling roster based on need
Not ability - are u winning or losing - we have the
Same scenario in our district - 7th and 8th on
Jv - undefeated- I wouldn't say that's based
On need

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets varsity had a tough loss to Bayshore today.

Hilarious!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow I must have struck a nerve? I guess little Suzie is on Varsity and it hurts too much to accept that she is just a practice body.

Actually in our school district if a kid is going to be moved up it is only done if that kid is expected to get significant playing time ie 50 percent of game or they do not get moved up. If you were even vaguely aware of the recommendations by the state in regard to selection classification that almost all schools have adopted you would know that they expressly forbid teams from moving kids up just to fill out rosters.You seem like one of those cowards that like to try and knock kids , coaches, other parents behind their backs but too much of a wimp to express your concerns directly to them. The funny thing those people who you whine too know what a coward you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In response to the post of 8th gr filling roster based on need
Not ability - are u winning or losing - we have the
Same scenario in our district - 7th and 8th on
Jv - undefeated- I wouldn't say that's based
On need

And your competition is....7th and 8th graders also brought up so they are the best in that age group. Good for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually in our school district if a kid is going to be moved up it is only done if that kid is expected to get significant playing time ie 50 percent of game or they do not get moved up. If you were even vaguely aware of the recommendations by the state in regard to selection classification that almost all schools have adopted you would know that they expressly forbid teams from moving kids up just to fill out rosters.You seem like one of those cowards that like to try and knock kids , coaches, other parents behind their backs but too much of a wimp to express your concerns directly to them. The funny thing those people who you whine too know what a coward you are.

Our district has girls brought up, who barely play. It definitely depends on the school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our district has girls brought up, who barely play. It definitely depends on the school

Every coach will have their own philosophy on this. My daughter was brought up and has played every minute of every game, I know other deserving girls not brought up or limited playing time in other district. Every program will treat this differently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah they are the only ones that care

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yellow jackets are walk on club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still jealous Larry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you want to live by the ocean or play in a real lacrosse league? cant have both pal. D2 and D3 just dont cut it. stay in your ocean house, and your probably a 4th or 5th team yellow jacket walk on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong... my kid is one of the roster fillers. Not knocking just calling it like I see it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says alot about your character that you would have your daughter sit the bench and get no playing time instead of speak up have her play a skill appropriate level and move down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the Brine tryout today?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
And maybe that was his daughter's choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the Brine tryout today?

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well how was it? big turnout? competition?

Page 6 of 83 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard