BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown East has 1 freshman and 2 sophomore starters. The rest are juniors and seniors.

Smithtown West has 1 freshman starter.

Get your facts straight.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Suffolk "A" weak again. Only the top two are good.

The only weak one is YOU! Only a complete jackass would make a comment like that hiding behind his keyboard! loser!

Smithtown West and Ward Melville are very good teams. Are there any other strong teams in the league? Please name another competitive team.

Why are you so angry? Do you think Suffolk "A" is a competitive league? It is always the same, two or three teams are strong. The other teams in the league compete with each other but not with the top teams.

It is the same in every league on the Island. Two or three teams at the top and then all of the rest. As another poster pointed out, "It is always the same teams".

Garden City
West Islip
St Anthony's
Ward Mwlville
Chaminade
Manhasset

Are very good teams just about every year. (West Islip is currently down)

Comseqogue
CSH
Farmindale
Huntington
Massapequa
SWR

Are as good as the top teams once every few years.

Northport
Smithtown
Syosset
Wantagh

Are as good from time to time (1 in 5 to 10 years)

There are more than 100 High School Lacrosse Teams on Long Island. Year in and year out the same 6 - 12 teams are the strongest. Every once in a while one of the other teams has a good year. It has been this way for a long time.

Great players come from all over the Island, not just from the best teams. Many kids from non traditional programs become standout players in college.

You can believe your league is competitive all you want but the facts say otherwise.

"Once every few years"

Actually, the fact is Smithtown West lost to WM in Suffolk county championship last year. They will win at the minimum, the Long Island championship this year, and probably the state title. Next year they will not be good as all their key players will graduate, kind like WM.

"Good every year"

WI is 0-2 to teams you consider "weak". "Always the same teams"??

WM will not be top dog this year!

Northport has always had a competitive team, and represents with a strong showing year after year with close, competitive games. It is a contest that is always circled on the schedule.

Sachem North has a very strong team, and represents a challenging contest among the better Suffolk A.

Bayshore is also a formidable opponent.

Smithtown East will be good this year, although they have a young team consisting mostly of freshman and sophomore starters. Next couple years, they will be a top team. Another example of how thing will continue to change.

Inside Lacrosse considers Suffolk county among the most competitive leagues.

YOU have no idea what you're talking about! There are NOT only 2 competitive teams in Suffolk A. The top 6-8 are very close. It will be a great season of Lax here in Suffolk A. Many competitive games and probably some upsets. Makes it exciting!

For a jerk like you to sit there and make stupid claims that have no merit is ridiculous!

Quick search:

Suffolk "A" Champions

Here are the facts, in the past 28 years (since 1986)

here is who has won it.

Ward Melville - 14 times
West Islip - 9 times
Northport - 2 times (none in past 10 years)
Sachem - 2 times (none in past 15 years)
Smithtown - 1 time (2003)

In the past 10 years how many different teams have made it two the finals?

Top two maybe three teams are good.

Why don't we concentrate on THIS year! It's great for all those schools that have won past championships, but that does not mean that there are not other very good competitive teams in Suffolk A. Certainly more than 2! Now you say maybe 3. So which is it? And what happens at 3,4,5? The all of a sudden become weak? Maybe you should ask the college coaches about these weak teams that have been heavily recruited. Maybe we can compare the college commit list from teams like Smithtown West and East as well as Northport to WM and WI. You might be surprised!
Please stop!

OK, lets look at this year. There will only be two or three good teams.

My guess is two.

Not looking at individual players, looking at competitive teams. Good players come from all over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Cold Spring Harbor beat syosset?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Cold Spring Harbor beat syosset?

Great game by both teams. Syosset was ahead a lot of the game but CSH came back to tie it in last quarter and then won in OT
Well matched teams w a lot of talent on both sides .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess that since Garden City beat Pequa today and Stwn west spanked GC last week, Nassau County is made up all weak teams this year. You would agree, right ? Can't wait to here this response! Hopefully you are starting to see how silly you sound!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, I will say that Smithtown is one of the good teams in Suffolk "A" and that Massapequa and Garden City are two of the top teams in their respective leagues.

I think that you and I define "good" differently. You or another poster described Bayshore as a tough opponent. For whom are they a tough opponent? Not for Ward Melville, maybe for Brentwood or Middle Country.

I asked the question before? How many different teams have made it to the Suffolk "A" finals in the past 10 years?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm at the CSH vs Syosset game 3-3 at the half. Our coach is loud and yells, but the CSH coach is out of control. How do they let that guy scream at kids the way he does? Is he also a teacher?

one of the funnier posts of all times

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, I will say that Smithtown is one of the good teams in Suffolk "A" and that Massapequa and Garden City are two of the top teams in their respective leagues.

I think that you and I define "good" differently. You or another poster described Bayshore as a tough opponent. For whom are they a tough opponent? Not for Ward Melville, maybe for Brentwood or Middle Country.

I asked the question before? How many different teams have made it to the Suffolk "A" finals in the past 10 years?

Who cares about how many times a school made it to the A finals in the past!!
This is a new year, with new kids/teams excelling !
Following your train of thought, Smithtown West is the only great, not "good" team on LI, besides maybe Chaminade. After all WM lost handily to Cham, witch should eliminate them from the great group. Smithtown East, Pequa, St. As, GC, WM are the only other preseason Nationally ranked teams in the top 25 on LI.
East, Pequa, GC, WM, St. A's have all lost games now, leaving only Smithtown West

Why bother playing anymore games,as they are clearly the only great team! Lets end it now and give them the crown so you can add them to the stars of the past list and we can move onto next year! Or better yet have Stown West play Chaminade. Now that would be the only game worth watching, agree?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony's loses to immaculata out of NJ. Not
a great start

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa will deliver the next loss to GC this year. GC is not the team they were these last few years. Granted its still GC and they will probably win their conference as always. Dont see too much competition for GC in league games. Maybe wantagh , long beach or Carey could make it interesting. Just dont think those 2 are deep enough to topple GC. But GC can't hang with the big boys this year. They have been on the decline and we will see it this year.

What happened pequa? Too many chiefs smoking from the same pipe? Guess we'll have to see if you can hang with the big boys.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since 2005, that is as far back as a quick search revealed. Here are the numbers.

In the past 9 seasons here are all of the teams that have been able to compete in the Suffolk "A" County Finals.

West Islip - 8 times

Ward Melville - 8 times

Smithtown West - 2 times

If the league was competitive some other teams would be in the mix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since 2005, that is as far back as a quick search revealed. Here are the numbers.

In the past 9 seasons here are all of the teams that have been able to compete in the Suffolk "A" County Finals.

West Islip - 8 times

Ward Melville - 8 times

Smithtown West - 2 times

You keep stating past accomplishments. We know!

You don't attempt to address the present!

West Islip and WM are not what they were in the past.

There are other very good team this year!

Why can't you admit this, stats are there to support!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Islip - 8 times

Ward Melville - 8 times

Smithtown West - 2 times

It is not possible that West Islip is not what they were in the past.

I have heard about their winning formula many times. "Craig and company win because they keep the boys together in the summer". Has something changed in West Islip? Have the HS players not been playing together in the summer the past couple of years?

As for the other debate, I would agree that Smithtown West is very good this year. Ward Melville also looks strong. Can any other teams in Suffolk A compete against GC, Manhasset, SA, Chaminade, Massapequa? I don't know, Maybe NP.

Can't agree with you on the league being strong. A few strong teams but like all the other leagues on Long Island not deep. I think they should make a "power conference".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Islip - 8 times

Ward Melville - 8 times

Smithtown West - 2 times

It is not possible that West Islip is not what they were in the past.

I have heard about their winning formula many times. "Craig and company win because they keep the boys together in the summer". Has something changed in West Islip? Have the HS players not been playing together in the summer the past couple of years?

As for the other debate, I would agree that Smithtown West is very good this year. Ward Melville also looks strong. Can any other teams in Suffolk A compete against GC, Manhasset, SA, Chaminade, Massapequa? I don't know, Maybe NP.

Can't agree with you on the league being strong. A few strong teams but like all the other leagues on Long Island not deep. I think they should make a "power conference".

First Smithtown W was "good" now they are "very good", yet they handily take down any team on the island except maybe Cham.

WM can not compete with top Nassau teams this year, been there done that.

There are several teams in Suffolk a that will be competitive (at least 5) and some are nationally ranked , but you still insist on calling them weak. The only unbeatable team this year is SW, they are the WM of last year, and next year, it will be someone else!

And as for WI, News Flash: Other boys stay together in the summer from kindergarten on as well. For example, Smithtown and WM

Conference is just fine! They boys get to do a few non-leauge games with Nassau and sometimes upstate opponents which helps to see how the stand against other areas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are two sides to the debate.

One side is supports their argument with facts.

One side is based on opinion, misinformation and speculation.

Until more than 3 teams in a league of 26 can compete consistently the league can not be considered strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask D 1 Coaches how good Suffolk is, Most will say the Best Public school talent in the country
Forget the top couple teams, You have middle of the road teams getting a lot of d 1 commits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are two sides to the debate.

One side is supports their argument with facts.

One side is based on opinion, misinformation and speculation.

Until more than 3 teams in a league of 26 can compete consistently the league can not be considered strong.

Don't you get it? There ARE more than three good teams in Suffolk! Your only "stats" are based on the past. Did you not raelize that most of the boys who brought those championships have graduated! Every year brings in new talent and ecitement! Nobody talked about SW a few years ago, now they are untouchable, WM and WI are not the "great" teams they once were, but still very good. Teams like Northport, Smithtown East, Sachem North are very competitive. I am done with the discussion for now, you will see I am right as the season progresses. There will be many close games in the top tier, with the exception of SW, which will win all easily (this year!) I have provided facts from THIS YEAR! All you have done is provide information from PAST YEARS where there were DIFFERENT players and coaches in many cases too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm at the CSH vs Syosset game 3-3 at the half. Our coach is loud and yells, but the CSH coach is out of control. How do they let that guy scream at kids the way he does? Is he also a teacher?

It's not funny if its your kid being screamed at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't little CSH just play Smithtown West to a competitive 8-5 game? Either Smithtown is not as good as all the hype or CSH is one of the better teams in Nassau and erhgo LI? And by the way, once again Nassau small schools, B and C have won all the top tier games vs. the top 3 rated Nassau A schools. MAssapequa, Syosset and hicksville...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not funny if its your kid being screamed at.

Coaches yell, and scream and it is not fun whether or not it is your kid. The kid that got screamed at early in the game came back and scored the OT goal, 20 years from now he will remember that goal but he probably will not remember that #2 is a lefty.... Also remember coaches do not yell when you hustle and make the right play so if you don't like getting screamed at don't be lazy and don't make stupid plays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A previous poster mentioned that a "Power Conference" should be created. I feel that they should get away from keeping all the teams in their respective conferences based upon school enrollment.

Division/Conference 1 should have the best teams regardless of school enrollment. The bottom 4 teams at the end of the year would move down to Division/Conference 2 and the top 4 from Division/Conference 2 would move up to Division 1.

The 2 Divisions/Conferences, as well as the 4 team movement is just an example. You could create multiple Divisions/Conferences and decide what the right amount of movement is.

This is not a new idea, I know this is how my high school sports worked in the city back in the early 80's. I think this would create more competitive games all around. Why should a perennila top team have to play a perennial middle of teh road or lower team each year just because of student enrollment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A previous poster mentioned that a "Power Conference" should be created. I feel that they should get away from keeping all the teams in their respective conferences based upon school enrollment.

Division/Conference 1 should have the best teams regardless of school enrollment. The bottom 4 teams at the end of the year would move down to Division/Conference 2 and the top 4 from Division/Conference 2 would move up to Division 1.

The 2 Divisions/Conferences, as well as the 4 team movement is just an example. You could create multiple Divisions/Conferences and decide what the right amount of movement is.

This is not a new idea, I know this is how my high school sports worked in the city back in the early 80's. I think this would create more competitive games all around. Why should a perennila top team have to play a perennial middle of teh road or lower team each year just because of student enrollment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Inside Lacrosse -

"What to Watch: Northport (N.Y.) at Ward Melville (N.Y.) - The Tigers have received a solid amount of hype in the preseason - knocking off the defending champs will be a step in the right direction to prove that Suffolk County isn’t just Smithtown West and then everybody else. The possession battle will be huge, look for Northport’s Austin Henningsen (Maryland) to win the majority of the draws."

Not sure how this will prove "Suffolk isn't Smithtown West and everybody else." I think Ward Melville or Northport or someone else beating Smithtown West would prove it.

Even Inside Lacrosse doesn't think the league is deep. I think Ward Melville will beat Smithtown West but who will beat Ward Melville? After watching WM Vs Chaminade on MSG I will say they are very good. Three ligit players and a bunch of good players. SW also lookd good Vs Garden City but I thiknk Melville will win. Don't know about NP but we will all find out on Thursday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Competitive? Suffolk "A" the SEC of HS Lacrosse.

West Islip 18 - Lindenhurst 5
Walt Whit 20 - Copiague 3
Hauppauge 21 - Brentwood 4
Ward Melville 18 - Middle Country 9

Power Conference can't come soon enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Problem is, you are not comparing top tier teams! Point is mute!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are missing the point, if they had a power conference strong teams from A-B and C would all play each other and eliminate a lot of these one sided games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think the point is moot. There are some very strong teams on the Island but the problem is that they do not all play in the same conference. Each conference usually has two to four competitive teams and most of the time it is the same teams.

In Nassau County,

Massapequa has been in the county championship 9 times in the past 14 years winning 5 titles.

Garden City has been in the county championship 13 times in the past 14 years winning 9 titles. (they have won the past 8)

Cold Spring Harbor &
Manhasset have each been in the county championship 11 times in 14 years and each have won 6 titles. (note that Manhasset changed conferences)

There has been more competition in the Large School Conference with Farmingdale, Hicksville and Syosset all making multiple trips to the championship game 6,5 and 4 times. Farmingdale won all six times that they wire in it, Hicksville has 1 championship and Syosset won 2 out of 4.

Lynbrook has made it to the Championship 6 times in 13 years and has won 3 titles. (two different conferences)

Friends Academy has made it to the finals 3 times in the past 3 years and has won the title 1 time. I think they filled the void after Manhasset got moved up.

Manhasset has been of in 2 the past 3 since moving up.

Massapequa has been to the championship 4 years in a row.
Cold Spring Harbor 10 years in a row.
Garden City 9 years in a row.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are missing the point, if they had a power conference strong teams from A-B and C would all play each other and eliminate a lot of these one sided games.

The other games would be competitive as well. Although the teams would not be as strong (as the power conference teams) they would have competitive games with each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected...not a hater just didn't think GC had what it takes this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected...not a hater just didn't think GC had what it takes this year.

I am always amazed at how the GC coaches somehow figure it all out when it counts. It really is a team approach there. Yes they have some studs every year, sometimes more than others; but the team itself coalesces as the season progresses and its always a pleasure to witness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am always amazed at how the GC coaches somehow figure it all out when it counts. It really is a team approach there. Yes they have some studs every year, sometimes more than others; but the team itself coalesces as the season progresses and its always a pleasure to witness.

Please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like there is a changing of the guard "for this year anyway" in Suffolk A .
Good for Northport. Maybe the playoffs will be interesting this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please.

Said the jealous daddy....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade 10 Ward Melville 5.

No surprises there. WM is just not going to cut it this year. They are too young of a team and not very big in size. SW should handle them easily and Northport will give them a problem as well.

Problem with WM is it is now a daddy run team. Daddy's call and there son is on the team.

I'm not suer if either of the above posts are accurate but I will say that Ward Melville Parent behavior was deplorable at the Chaminade game. I am sure not all Ward Melville parents whine and complain but there were more than a few on saturday who did not stop the entire game. I guess if they only whine when they are not winning it wont become a problem because I think they only lose one or two games per year (if that many). Although a notch below Chaminade on Saturday I think Ward Melville will be fine this year.

Northport easily beats WM. SW should do the same, perhaps Happaugue. The losses will keep coming

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The point can't talk??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great to see Northport win over Ward Melville and Nick Roros with a hat trick. Cant wait for the games against Smithtown West

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please.

Said the jealous daddy....

Not from GC and I don't understand the Jealous Daddy comment.

Do you really think it is the coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport lost their Senior Goalie... Never a good sign

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To Mr Suufolk A weak :

Whatcha thinking after the latest game scores, I bet you are reevaluating your pathetic comment! Fact is the following teams are stong competitors.

Riverhead
Northport
Smithtown East
Smithtown West
Sachem North
Ward Meiville

On The outside looking in:

Hauppauge
West Islip

Thank You!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thinking that maybe Ward Melville is not as strong as I thought. Thinking that Northport is better than I thought. Smithtown West is Strong.
If there are multiple upsets and the playoffs are competitive maybe the league finally has some depth. As of now, I still do not think there are more than a few competitive teams in a 26 team league. As always, the top two are very good.

Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard