BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 83 1 2 3 4 5 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I might kick myself later..But, I think the wisecracks about CR above are out of line and should be taken down....

People are entitled to their opinions. In this particular I have read chapter and verse on this board about how CR seems to treat people and that she uses bullying tactics. Speaking from personal experience she did try exactly those tactics on me. So from my own direct personal experience I can attribute credibility to what many are writing here.

I may have to to a YJ game and introduce myself to CR. I am always happy to make new friends.

I wont argue about her tactics or bullying but when her appearance gets attacked I think its out of line..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Chief Admin
Chief Admin
I might kick myself later..But, I think the wisecracks about CR above are out of line and should be taken down....

People are entitled to their opinions. In this particular I have read chapter and verse on this board about how CR seems to treat people and that she uses bullying tactics. Speaking from personal experience she did try exactly those tactics on me. So from my own direct personal experience I can attribute credibility to what many are writing here.

I may have to to a YJ game and introduce myself to CR. I am always happy to make new friends.

They are attacking her looks which has nothing to do with anything you just said.You should definitely show up at a YJ event and introduce yourself from behind the computer screen and see how that turns out.

They are attacking her looks which has nothing to do with anything you just said.You should definitely show up at a YJ event and introduce yourself from behind the computer screen and see how that turns out.

You are right, it is wrong to anonymously post any jokes or criticism about anyone in the LI Lax community on this site.... Remove all the posts and shut it all down!!!

You are right, it is wrong to anonymously post any jokes or criticism about anyone in the LI Lax community on this site.... Remove all the posts and shut it all down!!!

You almost make it sound like a dare. It is something I will do if I'm out riding and I know there is a game nearby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girl you are talking about has alot of talent, watch her play she is that good, hse also has a pretty solid team behind her.

If she were that good she would have enough self confidence to not score 11 points against Cop., your better players would be embarrassed. Again there are games that are competitive and you need your better players to take control , this was not one of them. If you can say they would not have won that game without her I would get it but obviously not the case.

It's the nutty parents who are chirping in the daughters ear, they have worn out there welcome in Smithtown and on the YJ team, it's all about "me me me me" and look at what little "star" did today. Womens Lax ends after college, so go to that subpar academic college but a great lax program and than struggle to get a job. All the fan fair will end morons!

Sounds like jealousy! Did you know that people get jobs coming out off all colleges, including Suffolk Community!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

I disagree, If mommy and daddy tell her on every car ride "get yours" and northwestern will be calling and then the travel coach reinforces that same message "we need to kill everyone" because CR says its good for her business you think a HS coach is going to reel that kid in? Selfish is selfish doesnt go on and off like a switch. You kool aid drinkers think poor sportsmanship can be justified because of competitivness and uncontrollable skill. It never can be especially in school sports. You want to act that way in summer go ahead that is what you have chosen and pay for. But show some class on the school fields. Be humble [/quote]

Same in PAL its starting younger and younger. We win 17 - 5 and the girl in the middle has 12 goals. But when you have 8th graders committing to college its only going to get worse. Unfortunate for the rest of us.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

It's the nutty parents who are chirping in the daughters ear, they have worn out there welcome in Smithtown and on the YJ team, it's all about "me me me me" and look at what little "star" did today. Womens Lax ends after college, so go to that subpar academic college but a great lax program and than struggle to get a job. All the fan fair will end morons!

That's my take, too, not specific to Smithtown because I don't know them but the numbers-players all around. I've heard it firsthand, "How many goals did you get? Who scored?" And those parents are the ones checking the scoring leaders on Newsday every day. When they aren't at a game, they call and ask those questions. Not, "What's the score? How are we doing?" but "Who scored?"

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girl you are talking about has alot of talent, watch her play she is that good, hse also has a pretty solid team behind her.

If she were that good she would have enough self confidence to not score 11 points against Cop., your better players would be embarrassed. Again there are games that are competitive and you need your better players to take control , this was not one of them. If you can say they would not have won that game without her I would get it but obviously not the case.

Speaking of subpar college choices and morons maybe you should concern yourself with learning how to spell fanfare before you attack a 15 year old .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like jealousy! Did you know that people get jobs coming out off all colleges, including Suffolk Community!

First of all read carefully I didn't say they couldn't get jobs what I said was "struggle" to get jobs. What I am getting at is some schools have stronger alumni base contacts than others Ivies, Dukes, Notre Dames of the world as opposed to the Florida's, Towsons and UMasses of the world. So keep running up the scores in High School games and some will try and keep running there to better academic institutions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all read carefully I didn't say they couldn't get jobs what I said was "struggle" to get jobs. What I am getting at is some schools have stronger alumni base contacts than others Ivies, Dukes, Notre Dames of the world as opposed to the Florida's, Towsons and UMasses of the world. So keep running up the scores in High School games and some will try and keep running there to better academic institutions.

You have no way of knowing who will struugle to get/keep a job following college. You are looking for some angle to put a graet player down. Like I said, jealousy! Do you complain when Melo scores 40pts in a bball game? Ballhog, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell us the Ivy League school your daughter will be attending.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
smith e has to be one of the dirtiest teams in the league. Folks there is a difference between playing aggressive and dirty, They are flat out dirty. count there total cards. nobody gets more

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when is the last time smith e won a playoff game. thankyou this says a lot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check the stats on all the other teams and see the scores run up in other games.
Unless you were there to see Smithtown having a catch and practicing plays and cuts during the game, you should keep quiet. Team points are important in case you don't understand how it works. In addition, I am a friend of that girl ,and she had just as many assists As goals. Those assists obviously could have been goals as well. Jealousy rears its ugly face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your a friend so obviously biased , calling the kid a great player is just silly , is she a good player yes but young .You justify it by saying she had more assists than goals I guarantee that was the plan hoping she did not look like a ball hog racking up 11 points against a team w inferior skills .That fools no one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your a friend so obviously biased , calling the kid a great player is just silly , is she a good player yes but young .You justify it by saying she had more assists than goals I guarantee that was the plan hoping she did not look like a ball hog racking up 11 points against a team w inferior skills .That fools no one.

Jealous fool! Worry about why your own kid isn't scoring!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love It ! Bandana dad and double wide trailer Smithtown East crew getting slapped around on BOTC. What goes around comes around!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be careful with your "Dukes, Notre Dames and Ivys" they are giving you very little, if any, money. You will rack up a quarter million in debt for a kid that has the potential of meeting the man of her dreams at one of these prestigious institutions and never utilizing those strong alumni contacts... Have your daughter get the best education possible without incurring huge debt! If she plays lax too, that's great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love It ! Bandana dad and double wide trailer Smithtown East crew getting slapped around on BOTC. What goes around comes around!

And where is your daughter committed? Oh, nowhere, cause she can't score any goals!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell us the Ivy League school your daughter will be attending.

HARVARD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C'mon chief stop bragging

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely agree. Some people need to grow up. Maybe if they took the time to actually get to know her they would realize her only interest is in the kids!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So pathetically transparent ,lets run up our points total by getting a lot of assists against an inferior team and hope people think she is a team player because of it. The coach must be afraid to do the right thing out of fear the loud mouth parents will complain because there is no way the coach wants kids running up their stats in games like that .Even funnier the kid has already knows where she is going but has such an ego she needs to feed the monster. Good luck getting on the field in college as the other Long Island kids heading south are better players and teammates at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So pathetically transparent ,lets run up our points total by getting a lot of assists against an inferior team and hope people think she is a team player because of it. The coach must be afraid to do the right thing out of fear the loud mouth parents will complain because there is no way the coach wants kids running up their stats in games like that .Even funnier the kid has already knows where she is going but has such an ego she needs to feed the monster. Good luck getting on the field in college as the other Long Island kids heading south are better players and teammates at this point.

Great point on these kids -plural across many many teams - knowing where they are going and still not being able to do the right thing. These parents and travel lacrosse have created SELFISH MONSTERS. I have paid my 20 grand in so I am deserving and my poor sportsmanship should be accepted. Keep your competitive game my kid can do it and yours can't blah blah blah to yourselves. Bad is bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all embarrassing yourselves, both sides of the argument, let it go. You are giving Smithtown and LI girls lacrosse a black eye with ridiculous parent behavior, if your sideline antics are bad enough, your ugly anonymous post online are making all of us look bad. I am embarrassed to be stuck in the same apple cart with you cry babies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all embarrassing yourselves, both sides of the argument, let it go. You are giving Smithtown and LI girls lacrosse a black eye with ridiculous parent behavior, if your sideline antics are bad enough, your ugly anonymous post online are making all of us look bad. I am embarrassed to be stuck in the same apple cart with you cry babies.

Too funny an anonymous poster bashing anonymous posts, what exactly do you mean "if your sideline antics are bad enough". Try using comprehensible sentences. It's a legitimate discussion , at what point do these teams cross over into poor sportsmanship . Why do the coaches allow it. My daughters coach in non competitive games places limits on the girls no more than 3 goals and 3 assists for any one girl, if you are up by more than 10 if you have scored you do not score again , etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny an anonymous poster bashing anonymous posts, what exactly do you mean "if your sideline antics are bad enough". Try using comprehensible sentences. It's a legitimate discussion , at what point do these teams cross over into poor sportsmanship . Why do the coaches allow it. My daughters coach in non competitive games places limits on the girls no more than 3 goals and 3 assists for any one girl, if you are up by more than 10 if you have scored you do not score again , etc.

amen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C'mon chief stop bragging

I am calling B.S. on that is wasn't me!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
smith e has to be one of the dirtiest teams in the league. Folks there is a difference between playing aggressive and dirty, They are flat out dirty. count there total cards. nobody gets more

Mt Sinai is over the top aggressive,borderline dirty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just play ball and stop complaining! Play hard to win!or else go back to hip hop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just play ball and stop complaining! Play hard to win!or else go back to hip hop

Pathetic comment. Some of these players are the way they are thanks to their coaches and parents. Teams running up scores and not looking to their benches for substitution, parents yelling at their girls to be more physical on the field when does it end. I saw scores this week that were ridiculous and my daughter plays for a team that suffered one of those deep score losses to a top team in the county. Sadly it happens we are building a program and they focuses on scoring and not subbing...one day some of these aggressive score running up teams will have it back in their faces bc they focus on 12 and the others on the bench don't get acknowledged...section xi in my opinion needs to do more then run the clock when the score is 10 more then another they should force a coach to play their bench and pull off starters. And as far as aggression goes I thought after a certain number of cards there is a punishment. My daughter is an 8th grader I'm not even thinking about college like some of you I just want her to be able to play in a game where the other coach cares enough to make it fair after they are up by 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These things happen in all sport and are unfortunate.Mercy rules should be invoked at some point.There are mercy rules in softball,wresting has the technical fall,maybe one day the 15 goal differential in lax will end a game.
In reguards to aggressive play, players who are club players play a college style of lacrosse.Its not dirty , its the way it is.The most aggressive kids draw fouls in all sport,the rules are there to protect and it is up to the official to control the contest.
Power rated divisions are supposed to protect the lower seeded teams and for the most part do,however in girls lacrosse there aren't enough teams and the bottom of the division still draws the mid to upper middle.At times there are mismatches.Unfortunate situation.
I hope everyone has a great HS and club experience this year.Try to stay in the positive folks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree 100%. It's out of control. When the game is essentially over and you have girls taking tomahawk swings at girls heads it's an issue. I hold their coaches responsible first and the refs second.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These things happen in all sport and are unfortunate.Mercy rules should be invoked at some point.There are mercy rules in softball,wresting has the technical fall,maybe one day the 15 goal differential in lax will end a game.
In reguards to aggressive play, players who are club players play a college style of lacrosse.Its not dirty , its the way it is.The most aggressive kids draw fouls in all sport,the rules are there to protect and it is up to the official to control the contest.
Power rated divisions are supposed to protect the lower seeded teams and for the most part do,however in girls lacrosse there aren't enough teams and the bottom of the division still draws the mid to upper middle.At times there are mismatches.Unfortunate situation.
I hope everyone has a great HS and club experience this year.Try to stay in the positive folks.

Smart Post. All the complainers should read this, it may help them understand what is going on, and stop blaming the exceptional players for being.....exceptional!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Post but a Mercy Rule is put in place to control idiot coaches and selfish players. Earlier posters have said it, in the travel big bucks lacrosse world of today nobody blinks at 15+ goal margins. They immediately ask who scored like when you win by 20 that matters? Shouldn't need mercy rules when common sense should prevail especially in school sports. Kill each other over the summer this way you can feel like you are getting your monies worth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smart Post. All the complainers should read this, it may help them understand what is going on, and stop blaming the exceptional players for being.....exceptional!

You really are a moron , that post in no way supported ball hog kids running up their stats against inferior teams.Exceptional , get over yourself mom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have witnessed so much good out there that these bad situations are the exception and not the rule. I have witnessed officials and timers turning score-boards off and using running time .I have seen winter and club games where jerseys were exchanged and teams were balanced for a quality game. I have seen HS games handled in similar ways....I agree that common sense has to prevail but without leadership stepping in and fostering that approach it will not improve. ADs need to attend games and make sure they have a feel for whats going on. They are accountable for making sure a coach can handle the good and the bad of those HS situations. Over the years I have often felt the game against an inferior opponent is a lose=lose situation for everyone. If schools have a plan going into those contests we can make it a win-win situation. HS sports teach more than just winning. Empathy and compassion have a place as well and I have seen it first hand. Look to the leadership to help insure that future situations are handled more appropriately. ADs should have more hands on these situations at the HS and middle school level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These ridiculous conversations would never happen on the boys varsity thread! The high scoring boys just get their pics in Newsday and calls will roll in from college coaches!

Stop babying these girls and let them play and score.

I suspect you are upset and jealous because your daughter is not scoring

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
" Over the years I have often felt the game against an inferior opponent is a lose=lose situation for everyone. If schools have a plan going into those contests we can make it a win-win situation."

Exactly. Some games are just not going to be competitive but there are ways of making it something other than a chance for someone to blow up her numbers. Have the winning team start using their non-dominant hand, for instance. Switch up the offense and the defense. Clear the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These ridiculous conversations would never happen on the boys varsity thread! The high scoring boys just get their pics in Newsday and calls will roll in from college coaches!

Thanks Carol for your quote!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does not happen to the same extent in boys lax and when it does you usually hear the " put him down" calls from the losing team parents.

Page 3 of 83 1 2 3 4 5 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard