BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2012: "GC lost all three of their D1 defensemen, they're done this year" -- 2012 NY State Champions (#1 in the nation)

2013: "GC graduated two of their stud attackman, they will not be competitive this year" - 2013 NY State Champions

2014:??? "GC is not the team they were these last few years" ....

Where did all of the studs that graduated from Garden City in 2011, 2012, 2013 play during the summer?

Did they play for club teams in the off season during their rising 8th, 9th, 10th 11th grade years?

How did these kids develop into such great lacrosse?

Didn't their individual skill, talent and work ethic contribute to the overall team success at Garden City?

Has anything changed in Garden City?

Mas
Masapequa will deliver the next loss to GC this year. GC is not the team they were these last few years. Granted its still GC and they will probably win their conference as always. Dont see too much competition for GC in league games. Maybe wantagh , long beach or Carey could make it interesting. Just dont think those 2 are deep enough to topple GC. But GC can't hang with the big boys this year. They have been on the decline and we will see it this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did St Anthonys do this weekend against the 5th or 6th best team out o Baltimore?

Please let me insert LI excuses and save you some time: Loyola had older kids, they play year round, we were missing a few kids, the refs were biased...I think I covered most of the usual excuses

You missed the best St A's excuse of all ... It's a football school and the boys only recently picked up their lacrosse sticks. St A's doesn't like to be embarrassed in any sport so you can take it to the bank that they will not be scheduling any top-tier MIAA teams again for many years. They'd rather beat up on the Kellenbergs of the world for a 14-2 record with the only 2 losses being to Chaminade. Wish everything was so predictable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did St Anthonys do this weekend against the 5th or 6th best team out o Baltimore?

Please let me insert LI excuses and save you some time: Loyola had older kids, they play year round, we were missing a few kids, the refs were biased...I think I covered most of the usual excuses

I didnt hear any of those excuses from St. A's. You seem premature......probably the same premature problem you have in your personal life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did all of the studs that graduated from Garden City in 2011, 2012, 2013 play during the summer?

Did they play for club teams in the off season during their rising 8th, 9th, 10th 11th grade years?

How did these kids develop into such great lacrosse?

Didn't their individual skill, talent and work ethic contribute to the overall team success at Garden City?

Has anything changed in Garden City?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened at the Commack/Whitman game yesterday? Heard there was a brawl and it ended early.

There were no refs and game was getting chippy. Whitman was up about 10-1 and Commack was getting aggravated. It only lasted about 30 minutes until there was a little scuffle and then Commacks bench ran on to the field and Whitmans did not. It could have been worse if Whitman was not disciplined to stay on the bench.

How does everyone think the playoffs are going to end up in Suffolk? What teams are going to make it?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened at the Commack/Whitman game yesterday? Heard there was a brawl and it ended early.

There were no refs and game was getting chippy. Whitman was up about 10-1 and Commack was getting aggravated. It only lasted about 30 minutes until there was a little scuffle and then Commacks bench ran on to the field and Whitmans did not. It could have been worse if Whitman was not disciplined to stay on the bench.

How does everyone think the playoffs are going to end up in Suffolk? What teams are going to make it?

Whitman starts their conference play today. Could this game be an indication of playoff teams. Hope weather doesn't become a factor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How in the world could Section XI allow a game with no refs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played all over Express, fl$, Lizards, Jesters. Growing up they all played in clinics then PAL plus travel teams so the had the chance to play with other kids and were not pigeon holed to one position. They would play BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAYS during lax season. More you play better you get.
Yes there are big changes in GC. Now the kids are told they have to play for GC Summer Select. They can not play outside and Coach F is aware of who is and WHO IS NOT playing. This is ruining lacrosse in GC because now the same kids are the go to kids. The same kids play man up, man down and the others are there as practice players where if the play for an outside team the would get more opportunity and playing time. You will see a decline in GC in the coming years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny another cry baby parent. your kid is not a go to player for a reason. GC will always be a top program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous] St A's..........They'd rather beat up on the Kellenbergs of the world....

Easy there tiger. Times are changing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous] St A's..........They'd rather beat up on the Kellenbergs of the world....

I bet Kellenberg doesn't beat St A's for at least the next 25 seasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny another cry baby parent. your kid is not a go to player for a reason. GC will always be a top program.

You mean used to be, they are going down the WI road, it happens!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played all over Express, fl$, Lizards, Jesters. Growing up they all played in clinics then PAL plus travel teams so the had the chance to play with other kids and were not pigeon holed to one position. They would play BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAYS during lax season. More you play better you get.
Yes there are big changes in GC. Now the kids are told they have to play for GC Summer Select. They can not play outside and Coach F is aware of who is and WHO IS NOT playing. This is ruining lacrosse in GC because now the same kids are the go to kids. The same kids play man up, man down and the others are there as practice players where if the play for an outside team the would get more opportunity and playing time. You will see a decline in GC in the coming years

Inane, uniformed and jealousy driven post. Most of the top D1 recent grad players of the recent years have had club experience.

Pick any town team in any state : The best players will always be on the field on man down situations.

Your post is unsubstantiated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really... I hope these are all kids responding. If not, reread what you've posted. This is akin to kids on a school bus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ask any kid in 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, living in GC and ask who they are playing for and they will tell you GC SELECT Committed Team if they are the so called top player or a kid of a dad with pull. Uniformed I think not since they paid me to evaluate and pick the teams. The kids also had to sign a document stating that you are committed to the team and the team comes first before soccer or PAL. ALL TRUE. After I submitted my numbers of the kids I felt were the best and compared with the other evaluators I went back to see if they kept it the same and there were kids that none of the evaluators picked that were on the practice field. As far as playing man up man down yes you want your best players when it is serious and means something not 4th 5th 6th grade when all kids should get a chance. Most kids playing in 4th will switch positions a couple of times before they get serious at the Freshmen JV level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bet Kellenberg doesn't beat St A's for at least the next 25 seasons.

That's a fools bet and you know what happens to their money. Good luck with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ask any kid in 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, living in GC and ask who they are playing for and they will tell you GC SELECT Committed Team if they are the so called top player or a kid of a dad with pull. Uniformed I think not since they paid me to evaluate and pick the teams. The kids also had to sign a document stating that you are committed to the team and the team comes first before soccer or PAL. ALL TRUE. After I submitted my numbers of the kids I felt were the best and compared with the other evaluators I went back to see if they kept it the same and there were kids that none of the evaluators picked that were on the practice field. As far as playing man up man down yes you want your best players when it is serious and means something not 4th 5th 6th grade when all kids should get a chance. Most kids playing in 4th will switch positions a couple of times before they get serious at the Freshmen JV level

Valid response. Why partake then if it is so corrupt and yet not say anything when the numbers didn't add up?

If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're forgetting that GC is town with people of means. The beneficiares of this will be the Chaminades, Kellenbergs and Freinds of the world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade 10 Ward Melville 5.

Very interesting game, Cham jumped early and often and WM looked like a deer in the headlights early on, but the WM goalie settled down and had a very good second half, Cham goalie had an excellent game. The game was not as close as the score but I think in about a month this would be a closer game, WM needs some time but I think they will there at the end.

Note to WM parents, yes most of the calls where against you but that is because you kept fouling and the damn refs kept calling the fouls. Last year was a great team and you should be very proud but it's over and WM needs to realize you are not entitled to win just because you show up, the boys need to win it on the field.

Why was the game interesting?

The difference in the game was not the goalies.

Why would the game be different in a month?

Why does Ward Melville need more time?

Does Ward Melville not play together with the same coaches throughout the year? Are their skills going to improve significantly in a month? Is their knowledge of the game going to improve?
Are they going to get faster? What will make them get better?
Do you think that Chaminade is going to become less skilled in a month? Are they going to become slower? Is the coaching going to decline?

The questions I would be asking are why are the Chaminade players more skilled and why do they have a better understanding of the game?

Why is Chaminade better prepared to play against tough competition?

Why did Ward Melville "look like a deer in the headlights"?

Tell me if i am wrong, you sound like a Ward Melville parent giving a back handed compliment to Chaminade while at the same time trying to say Ward Melville is not that bad.

My take on the game is that Ward Melville is a good team. Chaminade is a better team but that does not matter because Ward Melville will not play anyone as strong as Chaminade. Smithtown West and Northport will compete but that is about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right and I declined to do it again and when asked why I explained and of course they had their reasons. The kids we did not pick are very good just did not have a good tryout and they know they should be on the team. My response was what about Johnny who stepped up and had a good enough tryout for us to notice and he is not on the team because of that kid we left out. Even when you think they are doing the right thing the powers still do what they want. Dont live there so I have no power to make change. Just hope I don't run into Johnny's parents or Johnny and asked why I did not pick his or her son because I am not going to lie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're forgetting that GC is town with people of means. The beneficiares of this will be the Chaminades, Kellenbergs and Freinds of the world.

And increasingly the NE prep schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xanders on LI today. Will probably catch the Chaminade and/or SW games. Looking forward to reading all about it tonight on Inside Lacrosse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Valid response. Why partake then if it is so corrupt and yet not say anything when the numbers didn't add up?

Sounds like you are informed, but unfortunately you're wrong - there are kids who would be deemed "the best in their grade" and ARE NOT playing on the committed A team in GC. Lax has become too competitive to stay in your town if you want to play against the best competition. Sad but true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you are informed, but unfortunately you're wrong - there are kids who would be deemed "the best in their grade" and ARE NOT playing on the committed A team in GC. Lax has become too competitive to stay in your town if you want to play against the best competition. Sad but true.

What does any of this have to do with Current Varsity Players?
Move it elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh wins in a squeaker against East Meadow. What's going on in Wantagh ? Is East Meadow really that good this year or is Wantagh down?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what grade you are talking about in GC but it definitely isn't the case for the 2022 4th grade. That A team is a true A team by design who will be playing other A town travel teams this spring and summer.

But I agree this thread should be moved to another area since we have quite a few years before we are at a varsity level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can I find H.S. lacrosse scores? Newsday is useless...Thx

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sectionxi.org

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sectionxi.org

laxpower.com to see both s/n

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade beats Pequa with Inside Lacrosse in attendance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade beat Massapequa 7-4 today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a travel team beating a town team. Not impressed! Actually chaminade should be embarrassed that they didn't win by more being that the school draws talent from a much larger area!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off , you should know Massapequa is a very good team. Town team or not a tough opponent for anyone. Give credit to both teams for a good game you fool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whitman starts their conference play today. Could this game be an indication of playoff teams. Hope weather doesn't become a factor.

Did the Playoffs kinda go out the window with the second half?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade beats Pequa with Inside Lacrosse in attendance.

Pequa was obviously missing their leading scorer from last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a travel team beating a town team. Not impressed! Actually chaminade should be embarrassed that they didn't win by more being that the school draws talent from a much larger area!

Really? A town/travel argument? When a team is ranked in the top ten nationally that discussion is irrelevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just another BOTC hater - why not credit a very, very good public school team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like Massapequa can't take ownership of the loss. Make all the excuses you want but I believe one of your cronies was on here predicting all the losses Massapequa was going to hand out. Town vs. Travel blah, blah, blah, blah. (BTW many of the kids on Massapequa play travel..so what is the next excuse??)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? A town/travel argument? When a team is ranked in the top ten nationally that discussion is irrelevant.

No, actually it is very relavant! Chaminade draws from the entire tri-stae and beyond. Pequa kis are only from one town. I am much more impressed with a team that is nationally ranked drawing from a small area. They really should not even play each other. It's an all-star team playing a town team. Pequa showed that they can keep up, there was no blow out here. Chaminade also hides from playing the best all star teams such as Boy's Latin, and Hill Acadamy because they know what would happen!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious ?? You think Mass would play those teams ?? Look at Chaminade first 5 games of the season. They take on all if they could. If you were there you would have noticed Chaminade shut it down the whole fourth making it very boring to watch. Chaminade had Possession in their offensive end most of the game and when Mass did get the ball Chaminades defense was to physical and slid very quickly and shut them down second half. If anything I was dissapointed in Massapequa. They talked a big game and did not back it up. Let the excuses begin.
Did not hear the one where it was too cold yesterday and their mommies were not allowed on the sidelines with blankets to keep them warm.
Side note nice job on the stadium Chaminade. It was about time so more can see the machine at work

Page 3 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard