BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At tryout time I was grateful for another serious outlet allowing the boys to play competitive lacrosse.

Seeing an organization have multiple ages and teams is a good thing and promising. It is good for the all the boys and LI lacrosse. Sure things havnt gone perfect but I wouldnt exactly call it bad either.

Call that drinking the coolaide, that's okay.

I just want my son in a situation to be competitive, continue learning the game, increase his lax IQ, play with teammates of the same caliber. If I do that they will have the chance to win each game. Because after all, it is a sporting contest and you play to win.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 should buy the Rising Sons dinner for knocking off 91 spinoff Legacy and knocking Igloo out of the championship

I am not a 91 fan, but didn't 91 orange beat Rising Sons ???
yes, they did. I know it was cold, and I know that igloo is far superior than the Rising Sons (with or without the older kids they brought). But you cant take this championship away from them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do people kerp insisting Igloo kids r "older " chances r the 2021 teams have "older" kids who where held back and would NOT qualify for U11. I never hear about the 2021 teams not allowing certain players to not play when they go out of state and play u11

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 should buy the Rising Sons dinner for knocking off 91 spinoff Legacy and knocking Igloo out of the championship

Obviously your just trying to stir the lot because rising sons did not play legacy. Rising sons played igloo and won 91 and lost and icon and lost. So it's safe to say the two teams the ended up in the championship were the two teams that deserved to be there. Now it know that hard for the igloo cult to grasp but it's the way things went that way. The top of 2021 is up for grabs and it's anyone's game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons were missing their lsm starting pole and 3 top middies. Can't wait for crabfeast

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on 2014 OBLL Spring Season?

How about Nassau County Lacrosse League?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do people kerp insisting Igloo kids r "older " chances r the 2021 teams have "older" kids who where held back and would NOT qualify for U11. I never hear about the 2021 teams not allowing certain players to not play when they go out of state and play u11

I was implying Rising Sons had older kids. Very big. There's no way all those kids can be bigger than every other kid on the other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
milk cow hormones

I was implying Rising Sons had older kids. Very big. There's no way all those kids can be bigger than every other kid on the other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They're Amish, they don't put hormones in their milk.

milk cow hormones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Working at the puppy mill is hard work! No wonder they are so big and strong.

They're Amish, they don't put hormones in their milk.

milk cow hormones

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be haters when a team outside of the Island has a good showing and then you think we have older kids. The reality is we don't have 15 travel teams so we can capture the biggest and best players on one team. Sons look forward to playing in future tourneys with the LI teams.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You are right that we are big, we are. However, our kids are all in the proper grade. We also play in a football league that is non weighted so we have 80lb 6th graders going up against 150lb linebackers and full backs. We know all about our size our kids play against each other every weekend in the fall. Some of my Dpoles have almost killed thier "lacrosse teammates" in football games. We look for big athletic kids and try and teach them how to play lax. Their starting to get it. Still gotta long way to go but we are on a good course.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats the best you have, the Sons were older? Check their roster, there was 5 4th graders on it and the rest 5th. We will own the 2021 division this Summer. If thats the best you got on the Island? The Sons were missing 5 kids that are some of the top players in the philly area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I tend to disagree. You have Sons, Freedom, Man UP, HHH, Fever, Trashcan, Wetbandits, Roughriders, 380, Bucks Select, Rippin Rope, Black Bear, and i'm sure a few more all within a 30 mile radius. I'm probably missing a few others. The Island is a huge area to pull from. I'm going to be curious to see this program in 2 years. This is their first full summer. They did one tournament last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats the best you have, the Sons were older? Check their roster, there was 5 4th graders on it and the rest 5th. We will own the 2021 division this Summer. If thats the best you got on the Island? The Sons were missing 5 kids that are some of the top players in the philly area.

Who are rising sons? Have never heard of before. Only Philly team I've heard of is dukes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't 2021 5th graders?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Sons2020
You are right that we are big, we are. However, our kids are all in the proper grade. We also play in a football league that is non weighted so we have 80lb 6th graders going up against 150lb linebackers and full backs. We know all about our size our kids play against each other every weekend in the fall. Some of my Dpoles have almost killed thier "lacrosse teammates" in football games. We look for big athletic kids and try and teach them how to play lax. Their starting to get it. Still gotta long way to go but we are on a good course.

Don't get too worked up over some of the idiots who post here. I'm from long island and my son plays on one of the elite travel teams. Some of the parents are a complete embarrassment. I love the sport of lacrosse but hate a lot of the people involved in the sport. I can't speak for Philly but on long island some of the people involved in lacrosse are some of the most self centered stuck up people you will ever meet. My son also wrestles at a high level and the atmosphere at wrestling tournaments is totally different. Not all Long islanders are snobs. Just a lot of them here are. Good luck with your club. We look forward to seeing you guys in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It started this weekend...I know 2021 Express Wolverines beat 2021 91 Orange on Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising Sons are a brand new program that have had some early success. They will be competing in their first full summer this year. 3 teams, 2019, 2020 and 2021

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there other travel teams near you or do you guys corner teh market ? WHat do they hot your for a season ?
Rising Sons are a brand new program that have had some early success. They will be competing in their first full summer this year. 3 teams, 2019, 2020 and 2021

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a milestone for the Wolverines as they were not impressive watching them play ,and more so from the look of thing not well coached at all . 91 must have been missing players as they should have blown this team out.

It started this weekend...I know 2021 Express Wolverines beat 2021 91 Orange on Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there other travel teams near you or do you guys corner teh market ? WHat do they hot your for a season ?

There are a bunch of clubs in Philly but most are of the cash cow variety. $1000 gets you 3 tournaments maybe 10 practices with a coach who is probably a great player but doesn't have any experience coaching the game or more specifically coaching youth lacrosse players. There are a few (rising sons, freedom, CB selects) that make little if any profit and have established solid volunteer coaches. The better players are migrating to these clubs cause they get better value, play on a better team and go to better tournaments. I would imagine that if 91, igloo, LIE, or Icon were to come down and play any of the [lacrosse] cow clubs that they would need an NBA score board to keep track of the goals.

I think for Rising Sons we pay $600 for 5-6 tournaments plus year round training. Fall and Winter stuff is ala carte since winter sports take their toll on our roster and we have to use subs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a milestone for the Wolverines as they were not impressive watching them play ,and more so from the look of thing not well coached at all . 91 must have been missing players as they should have blown this team out.

Probably have your teams confused. The Wolves are solid. There is also two other Express teams at this age level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Wolverines are a solid A team and have gotten better since last year. There are 2 additional 2021 teams. I dont know what they call them but they are far from A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Solid A is a Bold Statement when they lose to town teams , That is not considered "solid A" with those inconsistences !
Don't kid yourself they are a solid B team .

The Wolverines are a solid A team and have gotten better since last year. There are 2 additional 2021 teams. I dont know what they call them but they are far from A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what great team is your kid on Girl Scout ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did they wolverines loose to a town team this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not confused at all , I know this team and know some of the players , otherwise I would not have made this statement.

Probably have your teams confused. The Wolves are solid. There is also two other Express teams at this age level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey didn't they lose to SWR and Manhasset ?

When did they wolverines loose to a town team this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are better then a B team by far. I dont think they where as good as Igloo or 91 but they where far better then say teh Outlaws, Jesters or True Blue. There is some confusion this year because one of the new teams is calling itself an A team. I would say the Wolverines last year where an A- . This year, too early
Solid A is a Bold Statement when they lose to town teams , That is not considered "solid A" with those inconsistences !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does the Team 91 Stampede rank at this age? I know they are a 2021/2022 team but heard good things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does the Team 91 Stampede rank at this age? I know they are a 2021/2022 team but heard good things.

Great coaches, but definitely a developmental team at this age given the entire team hasn't practiced together yet. Hoping practices kick off soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are better then a B team by far. I dont think they where as good as Igloo or 91 but they where far better then say teh Outlaws, Jesters or True Blue. There is some confusion this year because one of the new teams is calling itself an A team. I would say the Wolverines last year where an A- . This year, too early

I am not a express fan, in fact I dislike the organization, but...the 2021 wolverines did not lose to a town team. They have entered 2 express barracuda teams in tourneys. And when they do, 1 plays in a A bracket and the other in a B bracket. That barracuda team playing in the A bracket lost to a town team. But I applaud them for not putting both teams in B. the wolverine team is a top 3 team by the way. They beat 91 orange already this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the Barracudas , please refresh us which town team we lost to because the only town teams we played were Manhasset and Northport with the A and they were far from a loss. There are two teams as everyone knows, the winter was shuffled around with the two teams and as far as I know and the team you are referring too which plays in the A has not lost a game at all over the winter, and that's including against the Icon A team which we know for a fact the Wolverines had lost to from the Icon parents. Lets not kid anyone winter means nothing , the competition level is tremendous and each week there is a new surprise so lets not jump to whos better just yet !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does the Checkmate Shark rank at this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really want someone's opinion on where a team ranks after reading the threads on this forum?
I am as crazy as the next person, but really the posts here about 10 yo lacrosse are insane.
If your son is playing lax at 10, clubs offer teams at every level for your player, which is a good thing. If he is on a team where it's all about winning and he runs one shift per half, move him to another team where he gets more time on the field. They learn lacrosse IQ more during games then practices. They need to be on the field.
Clubs find equal competition for every team at every level, some days go well, some don't but if your son is playing and wants to play, that's what it is all about.
There are some excellent teams at the 2021 age and competition is always spirited and I would never take anything away from these kids that perform at a very high level at 10. But everyone needs to check their ego at the door and just make sure your player is having fun and developing. It's a long road ahead to the D1 players everyone thinks they have at this young age.
This is just my opinion and I am sure I will get chastised in subsequent posts about how I know and understand nothing about what is and is not important. Face the facts, the kids enjoy running around the hotel with their teammates just as much if not more than the tournament to which we travel. Have fun, they are 10 and don't burn them out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"year round training" sure is vague. Possible for you to expound? I am sure that many of us have heard that before. Referring to the Rising Sons' claim. Good Luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So howd you do at Shamrock ?
My son plays for the Barracudas , please refresh us which town team we lost to because the only town teams we played were Manhasset and Northport with the A and they were far from a loss. There are two teams as everyone knows, the winter was shuffled around with the two teams and as far as I know and the team you are referring too which plays in the A has not lost a game at all over the winter, and that's including against the Icon A team which we know for a fact the Wolverines had lost to from the Icon parents. Lets not kid anyone winter means nothing , the competition level is tremendous and each week there is a new surprise so lets not jump to whos better just yet !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What time has more upside for a player at the age Checkmate sharks or team 91 Stampede 2021/2022?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really want someone's opinion on where a team ranks after reading the threads on this forum?
I am as crazy as the next person, but really the posts here about 10 yo lacrosse are insane.
If your son is playing lax at 10, clubs offer teams at every level for your player, which is a good thing. If he is on a team where it's all about winning and he runs one shift per half, move him to another team where he gets more time on the field. They learn lacrosse IQ more during games then practices. They need to be on the field.
Clubs find equal competition for every team at every level, some days go well, some don't but if your son is playing and wants to play, that's what it is all about.
There are some excellent teams at the 2021 age and competition is always spirited and I would never take anything away from these kids that perform at a very high level at 10. But everyone needs to check their ego at the door and just make sure your player is having fun and developing. It's a long road ahead to the D1 players everyone thinks they have at this young age.
This is just my opinion and I am sure I will get chastised in subsequent posts about how I know and understand nothing about what is and is not important. Face the facts, the kids enjoy running around the hotel with their teammates just as much if not more than the tournament to which we travel. Have fun, they are 10 and don't burn them out.

No chastising here, I think you are spot on dude. Way to many dads living vicariously thru their kids these days. It's become an epidemic.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard