BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,900
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 47 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIE beat Club Blue, Club Blue beat MadLax and MadLax beat LIE.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone watch the Extreme play fl$ or Jesters? Those games were much closer than I would have thought?

Did Orange play Extreme?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was that the best LIE 2018 team that came to DC or was it a composite of multiple LIE 2018 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Was that the Madlax National team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was that the best LIE 2018 team that came to DC or was it a composite of multiple LIE 2018 teams?

That was their best team of the three. One team was not playing and the other team played in the Shamrock Shootout.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The jesters game was actually closer than the score. The jesters missed three scoring opportunities 10ft from cage One hit the pipe two others were shot just wide

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to say the Jesters definitely added some players. They looked good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The jesters game was actually closer than the score. The jesters missed three scoring opportunities 10ft from cage One hit the pipe two others were shot just wide

Goalie kept them in game too. 91 had at least 15 more shots on goal.

Both goalies played very well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was the score in the 91 extreme jesters game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIE Best team, but looked like quite a few boys were not there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was the score in the 91 extreme jesters game?

4-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was that the Madlax National team?

No. It was the dc team. The national team is comprised of about two thirds dc area kids and a third from California or Florida

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was their best team of the three. One team was not playing and the other team played in the Shamrock Shootout.

That was Express' best team? Wow - they were not impressive at all. I hope that wasn't the best team from all of Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was Express' best team? Wow - they were not impressive at all. I hope that wasn't the best team from all of Long Island.

Not an Express parent. Understand, that was one of the best teams with 13 and 14 yo 2018's. When you have 15 yo on your team it makes a big difference. And you do! Because they couldn't play in the [lacrosse]'s tournament. Because [lacrosse]'s required a birth certificate to weed out the cheaters... If your team is that good? Why not challenge yourselves against a team your own age? Come play the turtles? You won't. No age advantage there, right? Daddy would rather pound his chest when his son beats up on the younger kids... Because your kid can't compete on AGE! I love to ask this question to your kind? Do you and the old lady get all full of pride when your kid, who couldn't compete on age, blows by a kid 12 to 18 month younger? Also, do you yell at your kid in the car when he gets smoked by the little kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age aside, LIE went 3-1. Maybe we should ask you, are those the best Maryland teams? Ha ha you better hope not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not an Express parent. Understand, that was one of the best teams with 13 and 14 yo 2018's. When you have 15 yo on your team it makes a big difference. And you do! Because they couldn't play in the [lacrosse]'s tournament. Because [lacrosse]'s required a birth certificate to weed out the cheaters... If your team is that good? Why not challenge yourselves against a team your own age? Come play the turtles? You won't. No age advantage there, right? Daddy would rather pound his chest when his son beats up on the younger kids... Because your kid can't compete on AGE! I love to ask this question to your kind? Do you and the old lady get all full of pride when your kid, who couldn't compete on age, blows by a kid 12 to 18 month younger? Also, do you yell at your kid in the car when he gets smoked by the little kids?

2018 means that they are graduating high school in 2018 not that they are 13 or 14 yo. The terps have a few kids whose age says that they could be in 2017 as do many other 2018 teams, It is not cheating. A few kids on the terps are playing JV this year against 15 and 16 year olds. It is what it is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody on my son's team is a reclassified kid. But if we face a team with older kids (who are still legal by the tournament rules), we are going to play hard and not whine about it like LI parents seemingly do at every opportunity.

That was the weakest "top" Express team I've ever seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age aside, LIE went 3-1. Maybe we should ask you, are those the best Maryland teams? Ha ha you better hope not.

Two of those teams are from Virginia. Madlax won easily. There are many other MD teams (Crabs, Hawks, etc.) who would pummel that Express team any day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two of those teams are from Virginia. Madlax won easily. There are many other MD teams (Crabs, Hawks, etc.) who would pummel that Express team any day.

You are too funny. You speak as if you are playing. I guess its frustration from your youth. You say smoke them. History has not shown that. It was an early spring tournament. Mike C and John L will have that team firing on all cylinders when it counts. I am sure of that. Seen it many times. Please show me the proof of how many times those teams the Crabs and Hawks have smoked an Express Terps or Orange. It has not happened. If they did beat them the games were very close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 means that they are graduating high school in 2018 not that they are 13 or 14 yo. The terps have a few kids whose age says that they could be in 2017 as do many other 2018 teams, It is not cheating. A few kids on the terps are playing JV this year against 15 and 16 year olds. It is what it is

Terps may have one or two kids who could be in 2017 by a couple months. Not a year or two. As far as JV is concerned, that is choice to play up, made by the kid and his family, not by the opposing teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are too funny. You speak as if you are playing. I guess its frustration from your youth. You say smoke them. History has not shown that. It was an early spring tournament. Mike C and John L will have that team firing on all cylinders when it counts. I am sure of that. Seen it many times. Please show me the proof of how many times those teams the Crabs and Hawks have smoked an Express Terps or Orange. It has not happened. If they did beat them the games were very close.

Not that your post makes any sense, but I'll address it. Even if it's true that clubs such as the Crabs and/or Hawks have never beaten an Express team handily (and it's not), what bearing would that have on this situation?

The Madlax team had little trouble beating the Express team, and they are not the best team in the Mid Atlantic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not that your post makes any sense, but I'll address it. Even if it's true that clubs such as the Crabs and/or Hawks have never beaten an Express team handily (and it's not), what bearing would that have on this situation?

The Madlax team had little trouble beating the Express team, and they are not the best team in the Mid Atlantic.

You have no idea about the game of lacrosse. Teams match up differently. There is so much parody in the game that any team can beat any other team on any given day. Please provide facts about your claims of Crabs or Hawks easily beating Express 2018 Terps. When you make such bold statements please provide proof.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mad lax also lost to club blue ( express team beat club blue right before it played mad lax). Yes, we beat blue and then lost to Mad. Mad beat us and then lost to blue...

But you are right, your boys are better than ours. They are better at Lax, they are smarter, they are faster and their girl friends are prettier...Does that make you happy?

Now go home and get your shine box...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they are smarter. Repeating 8th grade as a 15 year old will do that for you.
Mad lax also lost to club blue ( express team beat club blue right before it played mad lax). Yes, we beat blue and then lost to Mad. Mad beat us and then lost to blue...

But you are right, your boys are better than ours. They are better at Lax, they are smarter, they are faster and their girl friends are prettier...Does that make you happy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just FYI there are no 15 year olds on the madlax team. No hold backs. My son turned 14 last October and he is one if the oldest on the team. I think there are a few august birthdays too. I have heard the club blue team had hold backs but I cannot say that I know it to be true.

Everyone was rusty. It us march. Summer tourneys are for bragging rights.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...and your kid a haircut

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just FYI there are no 15 year olds on the madlax team. No hold backs. My son turned 14 last October and he is one if the oldest on the team. I think there are a few august birthdays too. I have heard the club blue team had hold backs but I cannot say that I know it to be true.

FYI. 14 in October would make you in HS on Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like a reasonable person. Its just the way the other parent is pounding his chest and claiming all out superiority by MD teams. Like you said it was a spring tournament. You also point out your child turned 14 in October of 2013 and is a 2018 Graduate. My son turned 13 in Nov of 2013 so your child is a full year older. This is due to different cut off dates for schools in NY and MD etc. During this particular time of development in a boys life a year makes a big difference. We cannot deny that. So as many LI parents have said in the past when we play MD and PA teams there is an age difference in kids graduating in 2018. It can even be the same for some LI teams who have 1 or 2 hold backs. At 3D Blue Chip my son had 3 to 4 players on his team from MD and PA who were almost 2 years older than him in his 2018 group. Until USA lacrosse goes to age based cards like soccer this will always be a contested topic. Are your kids playing within the rules of US Lacrosse yes. Is there potential for a player playing in the 2018 Graduating Class to be 2 years older, yes. It is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. Here the cutoff is September so he is on the older end of 8 th grade. But does that mean he is older than all Long Island u 15 kids? How do you guys age your youth teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax had a roster of 23 kids for the game against LIE. 19 of the 23 qualified as U13 under US Lacrosse rules last summer. So, at most, there were 4 older U15s on the field on Sunday. The LI parents really need to quit the whining.

Roughly 70% of that Madlax U15 team won the [lacrosse]'s U13 National (birth certificate) tournament in December. Maybe they are just good and not cheaters.

LIE is a good team. It was a competitive game. No reason to play the age card every time you lose to a VA or MD team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they aren't 15 yet, they are turning 15 shortly. Look, there were many of your kids that were too old for [lacrosse]'s. It was posted on your website. That would make them very close to 15 if not there yet. I guess the LI kids day is over, we're just not good at lacrosse anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Genius, 13 in November is U13. You choose to play up, and then complain about older kids! Only on LI

You sound like a reasonable person. Its just the way the other parent is pounding his chest and claiming all out superiority by MD teams. Like you said it was a spring tournament. You also point out your child turned 14 in October of 2013 and is a 2018 Graduate. My son turned 13 in Nov of 2013 so your child is a full year older. This is due to different cut off dates for schools in NY and MD etc. During this particular time of development in a boys life a year makes a big difference. We cannot deny that. So as many LI parents have said in the past when we play MD and PA teams there is an age difference in kids graduating in 2018. It can even be the same for some LI teams who have 1 or 2 hold backs. At 3D Blue Chip my son had 3 to 4 players on his team from MD and PA who were almost 2 years older than him in his 2018 group. Until USA lacrosse goes to age based cards like soccer this will always be a contested topic. Are your kids playing within the rules of US Lacrosse yes. Is there potential for a player playing in the 2018 Graduating Class to be 2 years older, yes. It is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Genius, 13 in November is U13. You choose to play up, and then complain about older kids! Only on LI

Genius most tournaments are graduation year so if your 14-15 you would be in high school already. Not 2018 Graduation and in middle school. Also please learn how to quote and use the forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm so disheartened with all the banter. It was a nice weekend with great competition played at beautiful schools. It enabled the boys to get out and get some games in before the school season begins. Good luck to the boys on our team that are already playing JV and Varsity that couldn't be there. LIE parents take the high road and don't get suckered in to negative comments. These comments are more than likely not from MD/VA parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they aren't 15 yet, they are turning 15 shortly. Look, there were many of your kids that were too old for [lacrosse]'s. It was posted on your website. That would make them very close to 15 if not there yet. I guess the LI kids day is over, we're just not good at lacrosse anymore.

I am the one whose son turned 14 in October. He will be 15 in seven months. Not sure if that qualifies as shortly. I haven't seen the roster with brirth dates in a while, but from what I recall the average kid on this team was born in early 2000. Several like my son are now about 14 1/2, several are just turning 14 this winter, and several are still 13 and have birthdates this spring and summer.

To the earlier poster, I agree that at this age a year is huge. It can mean five inches and thirty lbs or more. My son shot up in seven grade but his growth has slowed recently. Some of the younger kids on his team have not hit their spurt (including the smaller fogo for those of you who saw the game). Bottom line, if the average terp is turning 14 this summer, then yes, you can tell them they lost to a team that probably is six mons older on average. If the average terp is turning 14 about now, then age was not a factor. I will say this, to my eye the difference in the game was madlax midfield controlled the ball, especially in the first half. Our middies were bigger, faster and stronger, on average. Perhaps it was age.

Final note. We know Long Island tesms are usually tough and skilled. So we get excited when we beat one. So take it as a compliment that we care about beating a LI team. Agree there is too much chest thumping on here. We should all chill, as these are not our victories anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have never understood tHe chest thumping that goes on here about whose team is better. Are you really going to remember how your son's team did in a 8th grade tournament? Better yet, is your son? Shouldn't your main concern be the quality of the coaching, how your son is developing and that his team is playing against good quality competition in competitive games? Unless you own the team any way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love all the incessant whining by LI parents. Are you going to cry in HS when your son is playing kids 2-3 years older?

Man up and play. LOL @ Long Island dads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There wasn't any chest thumping about beating the Express. I believe the comment was merely that the Express team wasn't very impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love all the incessant whining by LI parents. Are you going to cry in HS when your son is playing kids 2-3 years older?

Man up and play. LOL @ Long Island dads.

Lol @ LI dads?

What are you? A 16 year old girl?? Omg

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My question is: Why do our LI teams keep going down to play these teams anyway? It's a lose/lose proposition. The teams down there have been playing down for years, nothing new.
Why don't we just stay here in our own back yard. If your a 2018 team and want to play older teams, book games with a 2017 team. Same deal, and you don't have to drive 4 hours to play the older kids.
Look if these Mid-Atlantic teams believe they are so much better, I believe they should just go to the U-15 championship and test their mettle. No age disputes, no whining, in that tournament.
Why won't they do it?

Page 23 of 47 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard