BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They are under another name and still practicing together in a secluded cave out east , word has it they are looking to play in B bracket again to take another victory from Smash as one poster had recently said smash will beat most A 2021 teams but lost last year to a non organized low budget pick-up team in Stony Brook championship.

Where are the WildKatz? Are they extinct?

I heard they disbanded. Some to Igloo, some to other clubs.

A simple 'no' would have sufficed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like I predicted the bigger clubs would talk the 8 or 9 good kids away from Wildkatz so the team folded. I know a few went to Igloo. Two or three went to team Long Island. Two or three went to 91 and I know of one kid who went to Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reality....

If WildCats had stayed together this year they would have contended with any team in 2021 on any day and they would have won a lot.

91, Team LI, and Igloo are lucky.

Just saying.....It would have been an eye opener to these teams that charge crazy prices so you can pay the "Lacrosse Elite" to sit there and say 2 words to your kid.

Coach was a little "Intense" but the kids responded. They needed one more year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh but I do.....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't. You'll see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats your opinion. All we have are teh facts of what they ACTUALLY DID. Its like sports fans who always think "wait till next year" The fact they are NOT together tells you what most of the parents thought. Actions speak louder then words
The reality....

If WildCats had stayed together this year they would have contended with any team in 2021 on any day and they would have won a lot.

91, Team LI, and Igloo are lucky.

Just saying.....It would have been an eye opener to these teams that charge crazy prices so you can pay the "Lacrosse Elite" to sit there and say 2 words to your kid.

Coach was a little "Intense" but the kids responded. They needed one more year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is now an Igloo dad. That is why he shut down the team.

Like I predicted the bigger clubs would talk the 8 or 9 good kids away from Wildkatz so the team folded. I know a few went to Igloo. Two or three went to team Long Island. Two or three went to 91 and I know of one kid who went to Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's an igloo dad because he saw the writing on the wall and knew a bunch of his good players were leaving to play for the igloos, TLI and 91's of the lacrosse world. Its hard doing what he tried to do. There was definitely talent on that team which is evident by how many of them are now playing for some of the top travel teams for there she group on Long Island.

He is now an Igloo dad. That is why he shut down the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what happened? 91 and Icon we in the championship game. Care to rethink your predictions for the next tournament?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After watching yesterday I am excited to be heading down for Crabfest. Here is the line up.

1 Crabs 2021 MD
2 Team Igloo Long Island
3 Orange Crush NY
4 Leading Edge New Jersey
5 Rising Sons Philadelphia
6 Team Long Island Long Island
7 Bethesda U11AA MD
8 Sweet Lax Upstate, NY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After watching yesterday I am excited to be heading down for Crabfest. Here is the line up.

1 Crabs 2021 MD
2 Team Igloo Long Island
3 Orange Crush NY
4 Leading Edge New Jersey
5 Rising Sons Philadelphia
6 Team Long Island Long Island
7 Bethesda U11AA MD
8 Sweet Lax Upstate, NY

No skin in that tournament...but it looks like a great one! Probably 1-2 goal differences and could be anyones day! Have fun and bring one home to LI !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo got punched in the mouth by the Rising Mennonites and couldn't recover. Good job by Icon and 91
So what happened? 91 and Icon we in the championship game. Care to rethink your predictions for the next tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo got punched in the mouth by the Rising Mennonites and couldn't recover. Good job by Icon and 91

Yes-10/11 year old kids got " punched in the mouth" by losing by 1 goal in a fall tourney.
No doubt a 91 parent who has paid $2,000 per year to lose every tournaments, league play and every matchup to igloo. See you in the spring when you cry your way back to your tent for a Budweiser and a Marlboro.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shouldn't Igloo have played in the 6th grade bracket? This was a grade based tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes-10/11 year old kids got " punched in the mouth" by losing by 1 goal in a fall tourney.
No doubt a 91 parent who has paid $2,000 per year to lose every tournaments, league play and every matchup to igloo. See you in the spring when you cry your way back to your tent for a Budweiser and a Marlboro.

New season guy. You're probably the same poster ranking the kids putting igloo on top for the tournament win but they didn't and you got real quiet. There a some very talented teams out there in the 2021 division and will make for some interesting tournaments. It's anyone's game any given day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so prophetic anymore now are you dad?
You are an uninformed hack. Let the boys play regardless of team and stop with wannabe visionary routine.
You'll never fill the holes in your childhood. Let it go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The expression "punched in the mouth" in this case for all you with your pantys in a bunch, is not about a physical blow, its meant in the terms of an unknown team, in the first game in my opinion , probably surprising a very good igloo team and before they knew it they lost a game. It is not to infer violence, it infers surprise. Have no dog in this hunt but if I were a betting man I would still bet Igloo would beat either 91 or Icon. All three by the way 10 times better then my sons team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way , the "Mennonite line should have keyed you into the the tongue and cheek style of the post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shouldn't Igloo have played in the 6th grade bracket? This was a grade based tournament.

It didn't matter...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The great Igloo team played down and lost. Yes they should have been playing in the 6th grade bracket.

It didn't matter...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The great Igloo team played down and lost. Yes they should have been playing in the 6th grade bracket.

It didn't matter...

Wait, I thought they were a 2021 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh stop, chances are teh other 2021 teams all had kids teh same age, That kid left back and in 5th grade is okay by a kid a month younger then him but is in 6th grade makes it a travesty.

It didn't matter...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But the tournament was by GRADE. A player in the 6th grade should not have been playing in a 5th grade bracket much less a 2021 team. Whether or not the one player makes a difference or if other teams are doing it is irrelevant. Those were the rules and why certain towns hold all their kids back. But since you know that no tournament director or league official will ever question a kids age or challenge a roster I guess its OK to cheat. It was very obvious that the out of state teams at Shamrock all had older kids. But they entered allot of teams and paid allot of money for multiple days, so play on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am having "Rising Mennonites" t-shirts made up. Good one!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a question, if a parent went to the school on Friday and filed paperwork to have him moved down to 5th grade, then Monday morning filled out paperwork to have him put backin 6th then it would be all good right ? Thats why this grade thing is idiotic.
But the tournament was by GRADE. A player in the 6th grade should not have been playing in a 5th grade bracket much less a 2021 team. Whether or not the one player makes a difference or if other teams are doing it is irrelevant. Those were the rules and why certain towns hold all their kids back. But since you know that no tournament director or league official will ever question a kids age or challenge a roster I guess its OK to cheat. It was very obvious that the out of state teams at Shamrock all had older kids. But they entered allot of teams and paid allot of money for multiple days, so play on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strange that 91 Orange did not play against Igloo in this tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. If he is in the 5th Grade and anticipating graduating in 2021 then he would play on a 5th grade 2021 team. Whatever hoops his parents jump through to get there, it would no longer be cheating. Then people can brag about their kids on BOTC in good standing. Certain towns hold all their kids back just for this reason. Don't belittle all the work, time and money their parents put in to holding their kid back. You have to grasp that Lacrosse is not going to an age based braket in our kid's timeframe or ever. And I am sure the "TLI is the bestest ever because... " comment will follow here...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the problem people have with igloo here is that we always listen to them point to US Lacrosse age brackets to justify having 6th graders on a 2021 team. They claim they never cheat and play within the rules. Well here one can argue they did not play within the rules. If they want to play in grade based tounaments they should call themseves a 5/6 grade team not 2021. It is not right to want to be known as THE BEST 2021 team and enter in grade based tounaments as a 5th grade team with 6th graders. We are not talking about the great player(S) they have who are in 5th grade and should be in 6th. The problem is the 6th graders playing in a 5th grade bracket. Igloo is not a true 2021 team. They are a 5/6th grade team when playing grade based games and should play against 6th graders. Having said that they are the best 5/6 grade team and I think 91 for now is the best 2021 team until someone beats them with all 5th graders.

Just a question, if a parent went to the school on Friday and filed paperwork to have him moved down to 5th grade, then Monday morning filled out paperwork to have him put backin 6th then it would be all good right ? Thats why this grade thing is idiotic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DOes eh fact that Igloo probably doe not have kids any older then 91 make a difference at all ? How about they are one of the best u11 teams ? DOes 91 and Express NOT play in U brackets outside of NY ? AN when they do , do you think they check to make sure every player is age eligible? Every think maybe Igloo checked with the tournemant directors and where told its okay ?
I think the problem people have with igloo here is that we always listen to them point to US Lacrosse age brackets to justify having 6th graders on a 2021 team. They claim they never cheat and play within the rules. Well here one can argue they did not play within the rules. If they want to play in grade based tounaments they should call themseves a 5/6 grade team not 2021. It is not right to want to be known as THE BEST 2021 team and enter in grade based tounaments as a 5th grade team with 6th graders. We are not talking about the great player(S) they have who are in 5th grade and should be in 6th. The problem is the 6th graders playing in a 5th grade bracket. Igloo is not a true 2021 team. They are a 5/6th grade team when playing grade based games and should play against 6th graders. Having said that they are the best 5/6 grade team and I think 91 for now is the best 2021 team until someone beats them with all 5th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is ultimately up to the Directors of a tournament, and their sponsors and insurers, to decide a team's eligibility for a tournament bracket. If the decision is made to accept U based teams into the tournament, the question becomes where to properly place them. In the closest age appropriate bracket, as mandated by their Insurers, US Lacrosse, or in the highest possible age bracket as manadated by Anonymous? If a tournament wishes to follow a strict interpretation of their own advertised bracketing, in total disregard of their Insurers, US Lacrosse, they should turn away the U-Based teams and deny their application. Problem solved. If they decide to admit U based teams, they must place them in the proper age appropriate brackets. How old were the 3 Tribes and Rising Sons kids? There is no way to tell. The U11 Igloo team is age appropriate for a 2021A bracket and were properly placed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line is you should play in a bracket that is concurrent with the grade of your highest grade player in a grade based tournament. If you have even 1 6th grader on your team regardless of age of that 6th grader, and the rest are in 5th grade, that team should be registered as a 6th grade team period. Its a very simple concept. If you want a 6th grade kid on a 5th grade team that badly then play 6th grade. Many grade based tournaments now make this a requirement in their tournament announcements.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is all the talk about igloo they didn't even win this tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And when the 2021 team splay out of state they need to make sure none of their players are to old, but they dont do that do they ? SO the same people crying about Igloo have NO issue when their own team does the same thing out of State. Pot Kettle

Bottom line is you should play in a bracket that is concurrent with the grade of your highest grade player in a grade based tournament. If you have even 1 6th grader on your team regardless of age of that 6th grader, and the rest are in 5th grade, that team should be registered as a 6th grade team period. Its a very simple concept. If you want a 6th grade kid on a 5th grade team that badly then play 6th grade. Many grade based tournaments now make this a requirement in their tournament announcements.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 didn't play Igloo because Igloo failed to make the championship game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 didn't play Igloo because they failed to qualify for the championship game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bunch of cry babies about the age. If a tournament is grade based then its Grade based period. If they want have a grade based with age restriction then they need to set it up that way. The Rising Sons and 3 Tribes came to a grade based tournament that we held here on the island, based on their grade. Its good to see out of town teams come in and have a good showing. I've told all of you the rest of the country was catching up to us. Especially the warmer states. Nice job 3 tribe and Rising Sons. You know you represented well when they complain like this :-)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 should buy the Rising Sons dinner for knocking off 91 spinoff Legacy and knocking Igloo out of the championship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I lot of haters on this thread - there is a long tournament season ahead!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I lot of haters on this thread - there is a long tournament season ahead!

Agreed. Can't judge teams on a cold tournament in March without outdoor practices. Have this conversation in early August.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard