BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 29 1 2 3 4 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I only count first half of scrimmages since that's when starters play. I watched Huntington play Northport and Whitman. Looked like Northport has a strong defense and goalie, offensively their attack play was good and middies struggled. Whitman was down 3 or 4 at halftime to hunt starters, Whitman lacks depth but have some kids that can play. huntington was inconsistent, did very little vs Northport offensively but looked good against Whitman. Huntington has a very athletic starting defense and will be the best part of their squad

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington Whitman 3-3 at half and Whitman won 6-4
Huntington Beat Northport by a goal, but northport pulled starters in 2nd half

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC was too much for both the varsity and JV St Anthony's squads this weekend.

The varsity was decided by a goal or two and the JV? well, the Friars did get one shot off.

Literally, one shot. GC had at last count 10 goals.

So much for varsity pre- season rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I only count first half of scrimmages since that's when starters play. I watched Huntington play Northport and Whitman. Looked like Northport has a strong defense and goalie, offensively their attack play was good and middies struggled. Whitman was down 3 or 4 at halftime to hunt starters, Whitman lacks depth but have some kids that can play. huntington was inconsistent, did very little vs Northport offensively but looked good against Whitman. Huntington has a very athletic starting defense and will be the best part of their squad

Whitman was actually up 3-2 at half and won 6-4. Seemed like they had pretty good depth and excellent goalie.

Not sure what you heard or saw but Huntington only scored 4 all game was not up 3 or 4 at half. Score was 3-2 WW at half and 6-4 WW final

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Hills west look??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding me? Could you be so delusional, when SW took all the 6 footers off the field who did you think you were playing? Starters? Get real, you scored goals on the 3's and 4's, congrats.

What's your excuse for losing to Rocky Point? Can't wait to here this one!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did GC varsity play St. Ants varsity? St. Ants varsity played 4-way in Massapequa on Saturday vs. Pequa, West Islip & South Side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. A's JV team didn't play Saturday. That was the Freshmen team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Walt Whitman a 15 Seed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. A's JV team didn't play Saturday. That was the Freshmen team.

And the GC JV team was 90% freshmen and only one soph was on the field all day.

Still no contest. The future doesn't looks so bright for St A's.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is your deal? St. Ants varsity did not even play GC - how could they when they were playing a 4-way in Massapequa? And it sounds like the GC JV beat the St. Ant's freshmen - wow that is impressive!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is your deal? St. Ants varsity did not even play GC - how could they when they were playing a 4-way in Massapequa? And it sounds like the GC JV beat the St. Ant's freshmen - wow that is impressive!

Actually they did. Play GC Last wed or thurs. and lost You would have heard about it had they won I am sure.

The GC JV is the freshman team. They carry like 3-4 10th graders and none of them starts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not a freshmen team if it has 10th graders on it. Btw St. A's Varsity did win the scrimmage 5-4 last Wednesday. You would have know if you were there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding. GC JV team has more than 3-4 10th graders once season starts. It will be half and half you watch. You have to remember they are all about winning and at any cost and padding the stats. Win games 20 - 2 with starters still in the game late. Lesson Coach F learned from back in the day when the legend was coaching the team. They have such a feeder program in the youth programs in GC they just keep reloading no matter who is coaching. But I hear the next few years are thin on talent and size. They will find a way to make sure schedule works in their favor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding. GC JV team has more than 3-4 10th graders once season starts. It will be half and half you watch. You have to remember they are all about winning and at any cost and padding the stats. Win games 20 - 2 with starters still in the game late. Lesson Coach F learned from back in the day when the legend was coaching the team. They have such a feeder program in the youth programs in GC they just keep reloading no matter who is coaching. But I hear the next few years are thin on talent and size. They will find a way to make sure schedule works in their favor

If they can't find the players in GC just find someone outside the district and have him move in with the kicker.... I mean goalies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And if they get caught St Anthony's scoops them up. Are the dorms finished being built at St Anthonys for the out of staters?? THEY ARE ABOVE THE GYM. LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City has been bringing in a player or two every so often for years. It goes back to the days when Doc was the coach and his son got " Adopted " by a family so he could play for his Dad . Dont get me wrong year in and year out they are always a force. I just wish they would play Chaminade every year like they use to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's Syosset team played them yesterday. GC JV's starting Attackmen are all freshmen and I think their starting Defense has two committed freshmen. There are a few sophmores on the first two middie lines and their top goalie is a sophomore. As far as "next few years, thin on talent and size" ??? - C'mon, it's Garden City Lacrosse. They seem to always find a way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will never happen. Look how many GC kids attend Chaminade. If they played and Chaminade wins the number of meetings the GC coach has every year promising kids the world just so they would not attend Chaminade would triple if not more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they can't find the players in GC just find someone outside the district and have him move in with the kicker.... I mean goalies.

Ouch....I know what you're referring to and that is pretty nasty. All involved could not be nicer people...so shame on you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola over St Anthony's 14-5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually they did. Play GC Last wed or thurs. and lost You would have heard about it had they won I am sure.

The GC JV is the freshman team. They carry like 3-4 10th graders and none of them starts.

The GC JV IS a JV!! Plenty of 10th graders. St.Anthony freshman team are just that, freshman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade 10 Ward Melville 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa will deliver the next loss to GC this year. GC is not the team they were these last few years. Granted its still GC and they will probably win their conference as always. Dont see too much competition for GC in league games. Maybe wantagh , long beach or Carey could make it interesting. Just dont think those 2 are deep enough to topple GC. But GC can't hang with the big boys this year. They have been on the decline and we will see it this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the faceoffs go in the GC vs SW game? 2 very good faceoff kids going at it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No surprises there. WM is just not going to cut it this year. They are too young of a team and not very big in size. SW should handle them easily and Northport will give them a problem as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No surprises there. WM is just not going to cut it this year. They are too young of a team and not very big in size. SW should handle them easily and Northport will give them a problem as well.

Problem with WM is it is now a daddy run team. Daddy's call and there son is on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the faceoffs go in the GC vs SW game? 2 very good faceoff kids going at it!

You can watch for yourself on MSG Varsity. I was not impressed with either one. Going early, not clean!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be nice to see other schools do well besides the regular few that are always on top. Wantagh , Long Beach , South side are due and I think with GC possibly on a downslide and if the planets align.....who knows

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Problem with WM is it is now a daddy run team. Daddy's call and there son is on the team.

I'm not suer if either of the above posts are accurate but I will say that Ward Melville Parent behavior was deplorable at the Chaminade game. I am sure not all Ward Melville parents whine and complain but there were more than a few on saturday who did not stop the entire game. I guess if they only whine when they are not winning it wont become a problem because I think they only lose one or two games per year (if that many). Although a notch below Chaminade on Saturday I think Ward Melville will be fine this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa will deliver the next loss to GC this year. GC is not the team they were these last few years. Granted its still GC and they will probably win their conference as always. Dont see too much competition for GC in league games. Maybe wantagh , long beach or Carey could make it interesting. Just dont think those 2 are deep enough to topple GC. But GC can't hang with the big boys this year. They have been on the decline and we will see it this year.

Massapequa? Just a bunch of wannabes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not suer if either of the above posts are accurate but I will say that Ward Melville Parent behavior was deplorable at the Chaminade game. I am sure not all Ward Melville parents whine and complain but there were more than a few on saturday who did not stop the entire game. I guess if they only whine when they are not winning it wont become a problem because I think they only lose one or two games per year (if that many). Although a notch below Chaminade on Saturday I think Ward Melville will be fine this year.

Saw the same this summer they get behind and its the ref's calls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did St Anthonys do this weekend against the 5th or 6th best team out o Baltimore?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, Chaminade beating Ward Melville is no suprise but I don't think anyone else on their schedule is going to handle them easily. Northport and Smithtown west have been cherping for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very interesting game, Cham jumped early and often and WM looked like a deer in the headlights early on, but the WM goalie settled down and had a very good second half, Cham goalie had an excellent game. The game was not as close as the score but I think in about a month this would be a closer game, WM needs some time but I think they will there at the end.

Note to WM parents, yes most of the calls where against you but that is because you kept fouling and the damn refs kept calling the fouls. Last year was a great team and you should be very proud but it's over and WM needs to realize you are not entitled to win just because you show up, the boys need to win it on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very interesting game, Cham jumped early and often and WM looked like a deer in the headlights early on, but the WM goalie settled down and had a very good second half, Cham goalie had an excellent game. The game was not as close as the score but I think in about a month this would be a closer game, WM needs some time but I think they will there at the end.

Note to WM parents, yes most of the calls where against you but that is because you kept fouling and the damn refs kept calling the fouls. Last year was a great team and you should be very proud but it's over and WM needs to realize you are not entitled to win just because you show up, the boys need to win it on the field.

Why do they need time? Don't they play together year round? What is going to change in a month? The only thing that is going to change is the competition, there will not be any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did St Anthonys do this weekend against the 5th or 6th best team out o Baltimore?

Please let me insert LI excuses and save you some time: Loyola had older kids, they play year round, we were missing a few kids, the refs were biased...I think I covered most of the usual excuses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened at the Commack/Whitman game yesterday? Heard there was a brawl and it ended early.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More of a scuffle, not Brawl.
Game was getting very chippy because Whitman was winning 10-1, and no referees present(Never a good thing).
Started after a hit on Whitman kid. Escalated quickly, and Commack kids followed coach onto field. Whitman kids were instructed by coaches to stay Put. All then calmed down. If Whitman kids ran onto field, this would have been a Brawl.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2012: "GC lost all three of their D1 defensemen, they're done this year" -- 2012 NY State Champions (#1 in the nation)

2013: "GC graduated two of their stud attackman, they will not be competitive this year" - 2013 NY State Champions

2014:??? "GC is not the team they were these last few years" ....

Mas
Masapequa will deliver the next loss to GC this year. GC is not the team they were these last few years. Granted its still GC and they will probably win their conference as always. Dont see too much competition for GC in league games. Maybe wantagh , long beach or Carey could make it interesting. Just dont think those 2 are deep enough to topple GC. But GC can't hang with the big boys this year. They have been on the decline and we will see it this year.

Page 2 of 29 1 2 3 4 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard