BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,977
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 70 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Chaminade 2017 lax Roster will look like an All Star team...

Starts Freshman Year: 100+ kids trying out for 40 dedicated frosh spots. And it only gets harder and more competitive from there......

I asked this above and didn't get a response. Does Chaminade or St. Anthony's ever take a freshman and move them up to play JV or Varsity or do they all play for the freshman team no matter how good they are because of depth in the older grades or just philosophical reasons that freshman will only play on the freshman team. thanks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you already know the answer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have a kid on the team this year so others can chime in.....but traditionally Chaminade never allowed Freshmen to play up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The St A's AD explained that on occasion a Frosh will move up to JV or JV player will move up to Varsity. The moves happen after tryouts although cuts are often made with these moves in mind. Never mentioned a Frosh up to Varsity. I got the impression that does not happen. Don't know about Chaminade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually don't. From NJ and know how Delbarton, Mt. Lakes, and Summit do it (typically Freshman only play freshman) but don't know how LI powers have done it. But thanks for the accusation.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm curious why no LIExpress team appears to be playing at any of the BLC tournaments this summer? Was there a falling out? Especially sine half the universe seems to be going to the Crabfeast. Seems like they really opened it up this year. Many LIE teams went last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually don't. From NJ and know how Delbarton, Mt. Lakes, and Summit do it (typically Freshman only play freshman) but don't know how LI powers have done it. But thanks for the accusation.

Folks, if I may. There is not ONE correct policy regarding this, although each year the topic is debated like mad. Is it not hard to fathom that the schools size, talent pool, team roster size, coaches philosophy, etc., may all contribute? Imagine for a moment that there are situations that differ from yours, AND philosophies regarding this as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade traditionally does not believe in moving freshman to JV etc...
1-they don't believe the risk of playing up out weighs the risk of injury against physically more matured varsity players
2- they don't have to

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Folks, if I may. There is not ONE correct policy regarding this, although each year the topic is debated like mad. Is it not hard to fathom that the schools size, talent pool, team roster size, coaches philosophy, etc., may all contribute? Imagine for a moment that there are situations that differ from yours, AND philosophies regarding this as well.

Stop making sense. There is no room for logic on this forum. It won't be tolerated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Chaminade traditionally does not believe in moving freshman to JV etc...
1-they don't believe the risk of playing up out weighs the risk of injury against physically more matured varsity players

Makes sense, with boys maturing at different rates, it seems dangerous and perhaps reckless to be moving kids up. These boys will have plenty of time to play at the higher level, what's the point in rushing it and risking injury (mostly so daddy can say little billy is playing up).Looks like Chaminade has found the right formula!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Chaminade traditionally does not believe in moving freshman to JV etc...

Makes sense, with boys maturing at different rates, it seems dangerous and perhaps reckless to be moving kids up. These boys will have plenty of time to play at the higher level, what's the point in rushing it and risking injury (mostly so daddy can say little billy is playing up).Looks like Chaminade has found the right formula!

Makes no sense! If a kid shows he's ready because he outperforms older players during tryouts then he should be brought up. Injuries can happen at any level. Reckless? Please stop it and go play badminton

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's mostly due to an overwhelming talent pool. I have seen some 10 graders play on Varsity at Chaminade, although very rare.
It is much more prevalent to play up in the publics. A talented, big 8th grader will be moved up to JV or Varsity. Most publics do not have freshmen teams. If the kid has the size and talent, I think it's a great opportunity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's mostly due to an overwhelming talent pool. I have seen some 10 graders play on Varsity at Chaminade, although very rare. [/quote]

Final cuts yesterday...certainly some difficult choices and some talented kids left over. gotta feel bad for whoever the last player is that was cut because his rightful spot was taken by someone's daddy who held back an 8th grader last year... tough pill to swallow for a 14 or 15 year old

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's mostly due to an overwhelming talent pool. I have seen some 10 graders play on Varsity at Chaminade, although very rare.

Final cuts yesterday...certainly some difficult choices and some talented kids left over. gotta feel bad for whoever the last player is that was cut because his rightful spot was taken by someone's daddy who held back an 8th grader last year... tough pill to swallow for a 14 or 15 year old [/quote]

My son told me there's a big drop off after the first twenty. And that there are certainty players on the team from favors. It is sad when the last person cut was ousted by a less talented players. And I'm pretty sure there aren't any 16 yr olds on team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Final cuts yesterday...certainly some difficult choices and some talented kids left over. gotta feel bad for whoever the last player is that was cut because his rightful spot was taken by someone's daddy who held back an 8th grader last year... tough pill to swallow for a 14 or 15 year old

My son told me there's a big drop off after the first twenty. And that there are certainty players on the team from favors. It is sad when the last person cut was ousted by a less talented players. And I'm pretty sure there aren't any 16 yr olds on team. [/quote]

It's called life, learn to deal with it...doesn't change when you get older

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Final cuts yesterday...certainly some difficult choices and some talented kids left over. gotta feel bad for whoever the last player is that was cut because his rightful spot was taken by someone's daddy who held back an 8th grader last year... tough pill to swallow for a 14 or 15 year old [/quote]

Someone was held back in 8th grade???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son told me there's a big drop off after the first twenty. And that there are certainty players on the team from favors.

I can't understand why parents get involved with the tryout process. They make a call to coach and then run and hide, or deny any involvement. Don't they realize everyone knows the call was made, and jrs on the team because of daddy or mommy's phone call?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no drop-off in talent on the team. Coaches seem to have done a very good job on picking the team. It does not seem anyone does not belong, unfortunately with over 100 kids trying out for 35 spots it was bound to happen. Some good players and great kids did not make it. Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happening at St a's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since Chaminade is going to be Soooo strong all the players are running track.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since Chaminade is going to be Soooo strong all the players are running track.

ST A, will also be very legit. They have one of the best goalies, Dpole/LSM, big mids and great fogo's... don't count them out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know there is "no drop-off" and the "coaches seem to have done a very good job on picking the team?" Were you at the try-outs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the name's on the roster, if your son has been playing lacrosse since 4th grade all the serious players know the names of the players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do you find the rosters ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask your son, he has it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What summer tournaments are considered to be the "must go" best tournamants for this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What summer tournaments are considered to be the "must go" best tournamants for this age group?

Depends on what schools he's looking to go to. Find out where those coaches are going to be and target those tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple I would highlight:
- Crabfeast
- NSCLA Champions Cup or Adrenaline Platinum Cup (same weekened)
- King of the Hill

Individual showcases:
- Maverick Showtime (the best)
- Jake Reed
- Warrior NSCLA Select Showcase
- Adrenaline Black Card
- Nat'l 175

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are referring to individual showcases - no? Otherwise how does an individual player get to choose what tourney his team is going to play in at this point? That is a club decision. I was just looking to see how my son's team's tourney schedule ranks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple I would highlight:
- Crabfeast
- NSCLA Champions Cup or Adrenaline Platinum Cup (same weekened)
- King of the Hill

Individual showcases:
- Maverick Showtime (the best)
- Jake Reed
- Warrior NSCLA Select Showcase
- Adrenaline Black Card
- Nat'l 175

I would add Big 4's Champions League to this as well - Express, Dukes, Sweet Lax, 3d and a few others

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are referring to individual showcases - no? Otherwise how does an individual player get to choose what tourney his team is going to play in at this point? That is a club decision. I was just looking to see how my son's team's tourney schedule ranks.

The top 3 mentioned - Crabfeast, NSCLA Cahmpions Cup or Adrenaline Platinum Cup which are the same weekend, and King of the Hill are all team events. I agree with the comment that the Big 4 tournament is good too. Many college coaches will be at these team events plus the individual showcases I outlined.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another shellback to JHU. The power pipeline for the nepotism inclined I presume.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a rising freshman this fall at St. A's. I am curious to hear the tryout numbers for the freshman team this spring. I heard (2nd hand) that Chaminade had over 130 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another shellback to JHU. The power pipeline for the nepotism inclined I presume.

Going down this weekend when they actually verse real competition! Can't wait to see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a rising freshman this fall at St. A's. I am curious to hear the tryout numbers for the freshman team this spring. I heard (2nd hand) that Chaminade had over 130 kids.

The fact that you're admitting spreading rumors make you Sound like an idiot. CHS HAS 106. But why do u care how many there were? Seriously, do you think anyone cares? This is the dumbest forum I've seen and won't waste my time viewing anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...so all I had to do was make a phone call to get my kid on Chaminade??
I'm sure glad the parents of the 70 kids cut didn't read the last post a week ago...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious... Did your son rank himself in the top or bottom 20?

Maybe your son can share his list, in rank order, to all D1 coaches, and save them from a long summer of traveling, and scouting in the searing heat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We wouldn't think of it...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding me??
What kind of psycho follow kids from PAL days, and better yet, expects the rest of us to recognize 14 year old players as house hold names??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony's will keep much more on the freshman team but playing time is a much different story.
If you your son is concerned about his chances of making the cut at Chaminade... Use the club team as an early indicator.... If he plays, and competes well on the A club tourney teams (express , TB, turtles, outlaws etc) he should be fine. If he is playing B in 8th, he will either need to get bigger, faster or improve his skills to have a real shot.

The level of competition is fierce

Page 43 of 70 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard