BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Preseason Nike/US Lacrosse HS Boys' Lacrosse National Top 25
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin

1. Boys' Latin (Md.)
2. Haverford School (Pa.)
3. Culver Military (Ind.)
4. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
5. Georgetown Prep (Md.)
6. St. Paul's (Md.)
7. Massapequa (N.Y.)
8. McDonogh (Md.)
9. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
10. Smithtown West (N.Y.)
11. Chaminade (N.Y.)
12. Landon (Md.)
13. Conestoga (Pa.)
14. Ward Melville (N.Y.)
15. Smithtown East (N.Y.)
16. Garden City (N.Y.)
17. Darien (Conn.)
18. Delbarton (N.J.)
19. Gonzaga (D.C.)
20. Calvert Hall (Md.)
21. Loyola Blakefield (Md.)
22. La Salle (Pa.)
23. Niskayuna (N.Y.)
24. St. Stephen's & St. Agnes (Va.)
25. St. Ignatius Prep (Calif.)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Preseason Nike/US Lacrosse HS Boys' Lacrosse National Top 25
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting. Because below is another popular ranking. We'll see how it all unfolds over the next few months.

Under Armour/Inside Lacrosse High School Top 25

1. Boys' Latin (Md.)
2. Culver (Ind.)
3. Haverford (Pa.)
4. Smithtown West (N.Y.)
5. St. Paul's (Md.)
6. Chaminade (N.Y.)
7. Salisbury School (Conn.)
8. McDonogh (Md.)
9. Massapequa (N.Y.)
10. Garden City (N.Y.)
11. Hill Academy (Ont.)
12. Georgetown Prep (Md.)
13. Gilman (Md.)
14. Landon (Md.)
15. Gonzaga (D.C.)
16. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
17. Ward Melville (N.Y.)
18. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
19. Brunswick (Conn.)
20. Trinity-Pawling (N.Y.)
21. Delbarton (N.J.)
22. Avon Old Farms (Conn.)
23. Deerfield (Mass.)
24. Salesianum (Del.)
25. St. Ignatius Prep (Calif.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Ward Melville will win Suffolk A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they will not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think Ward Melville will win Suffolk A.

It will be Northport or Smithtown West

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport? Improved perhaps, but not beating WM or West...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport? Improved perhaps, but not beating WM or West...

WM will not be good this year, the are set to pull a WI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ward Melville graduated out all of their best players last year. I think it will probably be Smithtown West or Northport. Northport beat both at the JV level last year and has pulled up a lot of great talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ward Melville graduated out all of their best players last year. I think it will probably be Smithtown West or Northport. Northport beat both at the JV level last year and has pulled up a lot of great talent.

Northport faceoff will beat S west EVERY TIME, not a contest! That gives them possession, and then....... we all know!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northport faceoff will beat S west EVERY TIME, not a contest! That gives them possession, and then....... we all know!

Take a close look at the 25 schools listed. We have 4 Long Island public schools represented as well as Chaminade and St Anthonys. All of the other teams are elite private schools. Tells you how strong Long Island lacrosse is.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why some of these high school polls include the P.G. schools. Having post H.S. players makes you a junior college in my opinion. It would be nice to see a public school only poll as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why some of these high school polls include the P.G. schools. Having post H.S. players makes you a junior college in my opinion. It would be nice to see a public school only poll as well.

Get used to the not so new reality. The balance of power in H.S. lacrosse nationally has changed dramatically over the past 10 years. Public H.S. lacrosse is an after thought now when talking about the best in the country. Even on Long Island, arguably the last of the Mohicans when it comes to nationally recognized public H.S. lax, there are only maybe 10 towns that matter on the local scene and maybe 5 on the national scene out of dozens of districts that play. And even the best on the Island are two privates. Far cry from what it used to be. Even traditional powers like Manhasset have fallen off the national map because they never schedule the national powers in PA and MD. Beating up on Floral Park and others like it may make the record look good but actually substracts points from their strength of schedule and their standing on a national level. Garden City recognized this years ago and added much more meat to their schedule and therefore remains on the national scene. In fact I would argue that GC's games against out of state national powers have become more important than the Woodstick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get used to the not so new reality. The balance of power in H.S. lacrosse nationally has changed dramatically over the past 10 years. Public H.S. lacrosse is an after thought now when talking about the best in the country. Even on Long Island, arguably the last of the Mohicans when it comes to nationally recognized public H.S. lax, there are only maybe 10 towns that matter on the local scene and maybe 5 on the national scene out of dozens of districts that play. And even the best on the Island are two privates. Far cry from what it used to be. Even traditional powers like Manhasset have fallen off the national map because they never schedule the national powers in PA and MD. Beating up on Floral Park and others like it may make the record look good but actually substracts points from their strength of schedule and their standing on a national level. Garden City recognized this years ago and added much more meat to their schedule and therefore remains on the national scene. In fact I would argue that GC's games against out of state national powers have become more important than the Woodstick.

If not the powers in MD and PA because of the budget problems at Manhasset, at least they could schedule Pequa, West Islip, St Ants, Ward Melville etc. That would make them relevant again. There's no excuse if GC has so many powerhouse games on its schedule that Manhasset can't do the same. They are both Nasssau Class B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If not the powers in MD and PA because of the budget problems at Manhasset, at least they could schedule Pequa, West Islip, St Ants, Ward Melville etc. That would make them relevant again. There's no excuse if GC has so many powerhouse games on its schedule that Manhasset can't do the same. They are both Nasssau Class B.

Set's last best chance for a while at breaking out of Nassau is this year. Their attack with 1 soph, 1 jr and 1 sr will be very good and their defense will feature 3 strong srs including 2 D1 comits. The middle of the field is a weak link especially w no natural FOGO. Goalie is a question until proven otherwise. Once these seniors graduate its see you later for a while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. You forget Ward Melville was National Champions in 2013, Garden City in 2012, West Islip in 2010 and 2007. I agree that you will have to play nationally ranked teams to stay relevant. Suffolk "A" is still the best public league in the nation usually with 2-4 top 25 teams. They only have two open dates to schedule out of conference games . One of those dates are usually a nationally ranked top LI Catholic team like Chaminade or a nationally ranked Nassau team like Garden City. West Islip played Ridgewood,NJ every year although I think Mountain Lakes or Summit would have been a better match-up. This year they play Chaminade and Penfield,NY, a good but not great upstate team. I would rather see them play a top public school team like Darien or Ridgefield,CT. or Conestoga,Pa.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. You forget Ward Melville was National Champions in 2013, Garden City in 2012, West Islip in 2010 and 2007. I agree that you will have to play nationally ranked teams to stay relevant. Suffolk "A" is still the best public league in the nation usually with 2-4 top 25 teams. They only have two open dates to schedule out of conference games . One of those dates are usually a nationally ranked top LI Catholic team like Chaminade or a nationally ranked Nassau team like Garden City. West Islip played Ridgewood,NJ every year although I think Mountain Lakes or Summit would have been a better match-up. This year they play Chaminade and Penfield,NY, a good but not great upstate team. I would rather see them play a top public school team like Darien or Ridgefield,CT. or Conestoga,Pa.

I know it will never happen but how much fun would it be to see an "ACC/Big 10" type of challenge like they do in College B-ball between the top 5 Suffolk "A" and the top 5 MIAA. I gather the MIAA would take it but the games would be great. If nothing else the sparing in the crowd might be just as entertaining. You know what I mean if you've been around the parents of either or both. Fun to dream about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North East Regional Rankings

Northeast

1. Smithtown West (N.Y.)
2. Chaminade (N.Y.)
3. Salisbury School (Conn.)
4. Massapequa (N.Y.)
5. Garden City (N.Y.)
6. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
7. Ward Melville (N.Y.)
8. Brunswick (Conn.)
9. Trinity-Pawling (N.Y.)
10. Avon Old Farms (Conn.)

Geoff Shannon and Ty Xanders - 3/5/2014

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't put too much stock in what GC does ... they just cut the middle school lax program down to a total of 3 teams (total, for 7th and 8th grades). But they have the funds to pave over more grass every year so the teachers don't have to walk in the cold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't put too much stock in what GC does ... they just cut the middle school lax program down to a total of 3 teams (total, for 7th and 8th grades). But they have the funds to pave over more grass every year so the teachers don't have to walk in the cold.

How may teams do you want for a MS? How many MS do you have?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northeast

1. Smithtown West (N.Y.)
2. Chaminade (N.Y.)
4. Massapequa (N.Y.)
5. Garden City (N.Y.)
6. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
7. Ward Melville (N.Y.)
8. Brunswick (Conn.)

Smithtown West lost to Sayville in the scrimmage today, and barely beat Commseouge (1 goal at end). Don't see how that is a #1 ranked team. Overrated perhaps?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northeast

1. Smithtown West (N.Y.)
2. Chaminade (N.Y.)
4. Massapequa (N.Y.)
5. Garden City (N.Y.)
6. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
7. Ward Melville (N.Y.)
8. Brunswick (Conn.)

Smithtown West lost to Sayville in the scrimmage today, and barely beat Commseouge (1 goal at end). Don't see how that is a #1 ranked team. Overrated perhaps?

The operative word is "scrimmage". Relax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northeast

1. Smithtown West (N.Y.)
2. Chaminade (N.Y.)
4. Massapequa (N.Y.)
5. Garden City (N.Y.)
6. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
7. Ward Melville (N.Y.)
8. Brunswick (Conn.)

Scrimmage is an indication of future performance, which is exactly why I now feel more relaxed!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northeast

1. Smithtown West (N.Y.)
2. Chaminade (N.Y.)
4. Massapequa (N.Y.)
5. Garden City (N.Y.)
6. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
7. Ward Melville (N.Y.)
8. Brunswick (Conn.)

Scrimmage is an indication of future performance, which is exactly why I now feel more relaxed!!

So you're the guy who pays attention to spring training baseball records too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northeast

1. Smithtown West (N.Y.)
2. Chaminade (N.Y.)
4. Massapequa (N.Y.)
5. Garden City (N.Y.)
6. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
7. Ward Melville (N.Y.)
8. Brunswick (Conn.)

So you're the guy who pays attention to spring training baseball records too.

Wow, sounds like I hit a nerve! Only time will tell, was just surprised to some teams seem to be overrated. Sometimes a reality check is needed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must have been one of those parent from Sayville, cheering like you just won a title game. When SW took out their starters they were up by at least 4 goals (scrimmage, no official score) The team you are claiming to have beaten was not even their second string. Just trying to keep it real for you, good luck with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must have been one of those parent from Sayville, cheering like you just won a title game. When SW took out their starters they were up by at least 4 goals (scrimmage, no official score) The team you are claiming to have beaten was not even their second string. Just trying to keep it real for you, good luck with that.

Why don't you keep it real as well. Up by 4 with starters v. starters is not exactly blowing them out of the water.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't you keep it real as well. Up by 4 with starters v. starters is not exactly blowing them out of the water.

You idiots must have never played sports. Trying to draw conclusions from scrimmages is futile. Start chirping when the actual results come in and the teams play to win across 4 quarters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You idiots must have never played sports. Trying to draw conclusions from scrimmages is futile. Start chirping when the actual results come in and the teams play to win across 4 quarters.

Why are you beating up on SW so much? The #1 team in the nation last year struggled with teams that shouldn't even be close to them in competition. Looking forward to watching an interesting season for these powerhouses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you beating up on SW so much? The #1 team in the nation last year struggled with teams that shouldn't even be close to them in competition. Looking forward to watching an interesting season for these powerhouses.

The number one team in the nation last year lost most of it's best players to graduation. Just stating a fact that a number one preseason ranked team lost 2/3 games in a scrimmage against division 2 schools, strange don't you think?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The number one team in the nation last year lost most of it's best players to graduation. Just stating a fact that a number one preseason ranked team lost 2/3 games in a scrimmage against division 2 schools, strange don't you think?

Just as strange as the previous #1 who is a powerhouse school and has so called "depth" coming from a tremendous in house program doesn't do so hot. I take it reality has set it for you guys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just as strange as the previous #1 who is a powerhouse school and has so called "depth" coming from a tremendous in house program doesn't do so hot. I take it reality has set it for you guys

They were actually criticized for having no depth. Why do you think their preseason ranking fell?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky Point...starters played 3 min when player went down...coaches awakened by potential grudge match...New coach teaches at Rocky Point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky Point...starters played 3 min when player went down...coaches awakened by potential grudge match...New coach teaches at Rocky Point.

He's doing a great job! Starting the season beating the number one ranked team in Suffolk County at the scrimmage last weekend! Keep it rolling!

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard