BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: NEW Kellenberg Head Coach!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should go back to school.
That post was stupid and made no sense.
Leave it alone.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When we ( the wife, son and I ) started looking at Catholic high schools it was explained to us simply
If you want academics and sports go to Chaminade
If you want academics and girls go to Kellenberg
If you want sports and girls go to St Anthonys

and this was explained you in such a way by whom a Marionist Brother? No offense but Kellenberg is not better than St A's academically. Isn't this thread about Coach S anyway? Good coach. Was well liked at St A's. His players will be well prepared and well coached. Just needs to get the talent to consider this place a viable option

That's an interesting conclusion about the coach and from what I've heard pretty accurate. An excellent manager of great talent but not know how to develope mediocre talent into great talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously, this thread is supposed to be about the new Kellenberg coach, not the academic credentials of any of the Catholic schools. And as is usual, there are lots of posters on here who don't know what they are talking about, did not attend either of the subject schools or don't have children that attend those schools.

All Catholic high schools on LI base admissions upon the same COOP test, and then grades. There is no separate test for entry into Chaminade. Chaminade's freshman class is 400+ boys. St. A's and Kellenberg are about equal on the sexes, but the size comes in around 700-800 per class. So, one could state that Chaminade is more exclusive and debate the merits of the educations offered at all of the schools. You can;t go wrong with any of the three mentioned here.

There are pros and cons academically to both Chaminade and St. A's (e.g., a former teacher at Chaminade that I know lamented to me that the really bright students didn't get the attention or experience they should have had given the demands of the remainder of his class). This can be said about St. A's, Kellenberg or any other high school I am sure.

Having gone to St. A's, but living and raising my kids in Flyerland, LI is blessed to have so many excellent Catholic high schools (academically and athletically) from which to choose. Not every school is right for every student, regardless of their respective academic achievement.

And to the poster that asked--yes, kids struggling at St. A's get weeded out pretty quickly to other Catholic high schools or--horrors!--public schools. I started St. A's as a freshman with 639 students and graduated with 410. That's quite a drop off. It is the same at every school, Chaminade included.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am excited that Kellenberg is investing in coaching talent. It is a sure sign that the St. A's-Chaminade monopoly on championships will get some challenge. Good for them and good for LI Catholic HS lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is a girl from our town who left public school and went to St A!
1 Can not believe she scored well on the test to get in
2 Was not at all a student at public school where everyone passes. When was the last child left back !
3 parents said they give her time to adjust sooo no failing this year.
4 Do they throw kids out of St A for low grades?

1-you don't know this kids test scores as they are not released
4-yes they do all the time. if you had a student there you would know that

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! We'll debate any and everything on BOTC. All good though. I have a son that will attend St. A's this fall. And it is well known that the more challenging educational curriculum is Chaminade - they tell you it is not for every kid. However, it is not a knock on St. A's. It is no walk in the park there either. Both are great schools (as is Kellenberg) that produce great students that go onto great schools. Let's put it this way I know kids that got into St A's and not Chaminade. I don't know any kids that kids that got into Chaminade and not St. A's.

What are the requirements for each school? I have always known Chaminade to be pretty selective, but are their admission requirements much higher? Grade point avg and test scores- does anyone know what they expect for each school? Also- do some students 'know" that a HS wants them on their team? Suppose a kid gets into both schools, but wants to go to the school that he knows he will make the team or will not ride the bench. Do coaches reach out to certain students?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's no recruiting in advance of admission at any of the schools. And the dilemma you raise is something all good players face when deciding to go to either St. A's or Chaminade. Big fish/small pond until they get to high school. I would say the majority of the players at Chaminade and St. A's play club in addition to town travel/middle school leading up to high school and continue playing club in the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's no recruiting in advance of admission at any of the schools. And the dilemma you raise is something all good players face when deciding to go to either St. A's or Chaminade. Big fish/small pond until they get to high school. I would say the majority of the players at Chaminade and St. A's play club in addition to town travel/middle school leading up to high school and continue playing club in the summer.

This is a Kellenberg thread after all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
\
You're totally dillussional if you don't think kids are recruited to play a sport at SA, I personally know several who have been and some had no intention of even going to Catholic HS, but they were still recruited. PS - there's no corruption in our government either!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a fact! You have to play club to keep the stick in your child's hands. The ability level is at the highest level.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to show you that you have no clue what your talking about. This year Kellenberg has 3 kids going division one and last year one kid going to a top 20 program. You should do your homework before you write and look like a fool!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to show you that you have no clue what your talking about. This year Kellenberg has 3 kids going division one and last year one kid going to a top 20 program. You should do your homework before you write and look like a fool!

Oh yea? Where are they going? 3 not impressive!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for the new coach at Kellenberg he is very good and will make a difference. May take some time but it will happen. Now that he is there the EXPRESS program has all 3 Catholic Schools locked up. As for recruiting we all know who recruits for St A's and promises the world. It is all business to him. Rumor was he was stepping away or asked to step away when it was found that he was also listed as Head Coach of that private school out east.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
.........the EXPRESS program has all 3 Catholic Schools locked up.

Don't forget about St John the Baptist in terms of lacrosse programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is St. John's affiliated with Express didn't think they were affiliated with any program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually Team 91 ran the St. John's summer team a few years ago. Don't know how that worked, whether it was St.Johns or 91 coaches or both. They had Cougar uniform colors with Team 91 on the uniforms. I think they ran a team for John Glenn H.S. too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is St. John's affiliated with Express didn't think they were affiliated with any program?

Not sure about their Exoress "affiliation", but just noting that there are more than 3 Catholic schools on LI with lacrosse programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But only two are any good!

Not sure about their Exoress "affiliation", but just noting that there are more than 3 Catholic schools on LI with lacrosse programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Corrected it for you.

But only two have been any good![i][/i]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Corrected it for you.

But only two have been any good![i][/i]

Tom Palasak is now a coacb at Mercy Mcgann. Express connection there now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LAXMAN
HEY ANONYMOUS what are you hiding from? your exactly right.....he isnt gone. he will be with the LI Express. just another Avenue to put more doe in Chanun"checks" pocket.

Chanun"checks" now thats funny
funny along with envious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I can tell, Kellenberg has a decent team - obviously not as good as the 2 big LI Catholic programs but I am looking for some guidance here, how would people rate the boys coming into their program in 9th grade? Would they still be considered A players, B+ players?...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I can tell, Kellenberg has a decent team - obviously not as good as the 2 big LI Catholic programs but I am looking for some guidance here, how would people rate the boys coming into their program in 9th grade? Would they still be considered A players, B+ players?...

They have 5-10 A players. The rest are B or lower. Unlike the Big 2, Kellenberg routinely brings 9th graders directly to the JV team. The Big 2 does it rarely. Kellenberg also has JV "B", not a freshman team, which allows 10th graders to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have 5-10 A players. The rest are B or lower. Unlike the Big 2, Kellenberg routinely brings 9th graders directly to the JV team. The Big 2 does it rarely. Kellenberg also has JV "B", not a freshman team, which allows 10th graders to play.

Close, but not quite.

Kellenberg has a JV-A and a JV-B team. The A team is comprised primarily of sophomores and the B team more of a mix, but primarily freshmen. Not sure how you define routinely, but A level freshmen will get pulled up to JV-A. Last year that amounted to six players. I think it was 2 goalies, 3 mids and 1 attack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starting to see a little evening out of talent pools available to the big two and the lesser Catholics. Parents and players alike are getting tired of the politics of playing. So much favoritism is bound to have a backlash eventually. I know several A level travel players who are taking a pass on the big two this coming year due to the horror stories. Should be interesting for the next several years. Guess my kid and I better make our donation to express before attending

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starting to see a little evening out of talent pools available to the big two and the lesser Catholics. Parents and players alike are getting tired of the politics of playing. So much favoritism is bound to have a backlash eventually. I know several A level travel players who are taking a pass on the big two this coming year due to the horror stories. Should be interesting for the next several years. Guess my kid and I better make our donation to express before attending

What "Horror" stories ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
players who were bigger, stronger, faster and plain old better then other teammates who never got a second of playing time because their father wasn't part of the old boy network or hadn't made a substantial donation to the Torch, or they played for any other club team...not stories, saw that situation play out more than once personally, several Flyers players confirming the situation at graduation parties, when even those who were the favored players can admit the facts because it's all said and done...please, don't tell me you haven't heard these tales of woe... not saying this doesn't happen at every school, just amplified by the shear can't miss talent of the players involved. as one poster mentioned earlier, 100 kids at tryouts, means 70 get turned away. those kids that make it begin the mad scramble for playing time, lots of things factor in that shouldn't...more kids and parents are factoring this in this year then I've heard before, all acceptances are due this week, and it's all I've heard at the LI Sports Hub workouts is that the field is narrowing a bit, my kid next year, but several dad's with kids in this years prospective class were taking Kellenburg because it's on the rise is several sports ( look at basketball rankings this year) and less of the parental influence on playing time compared to the other two...just one man's opinion, I'm sure I'm about to hear others, bring it on...be respectful, this is meant to be an open forum

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is absolute nonsense..no offense intended. Obviously you do not know Jack Moran.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
players who were bigger, stronger, faster and plain old better then other teammates who never got a second of playing time because their father wasn't part of the old boy network or hadn't made a substantial donation to the Torch, or they played for any other club team...not stories, saw that situation play out more than once personally, several Flyers players confirming the situation at graduation parties, when even those who were the favored players can admit the facts because it's all said and done...please, don't tell me you haven't heard these tales of woe... not saying this doesn't happen at every school, just amplified by the shear can't miss talent of the players involved. as one poster mentioned earlier, 100 kids at tryouts, means 70 get turned away. those kids that make it begin the mad scramble for playing time, lots of things factor in that shouldn't...more kids and parents are factoring this in this year then I've heard before, all acceptances are due this week, and it's all I've heard at the LI Sports Hub workouts is that the field is narrowing a bit, my kid next year, but several dad's with kids in this years prospective class were taking Kellenburg because it's on the rise is several sports ( look at basketball rankings this year) and less of the parental influence on playing time compared to the other two...just one man's opinion, I'm sure I'm about to hear others, bring it on...be respectful, this is meant to be an open forum

This is the world we live in now. It's never that "I" wasn't good enough, it was politics. The kids know who is and who isn;t good enough. It's helicopter parents who blame everyone but their own kid for not being good enough.

Sometimes it OK to not be good enough. Maybe it will lead you to finding something else that you are really good at. Unfortunately, this is not good enough for the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is absolute nonsense..no offense intended. Obviously you do not know Jack Moran.

Great guy. You do know he has a Boss, who also has a Boss, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everybody has a boss.....what's your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, what your point? maybe your can't miss, was never a can't miss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if I understand you correctly, the Athletic Director and ultimately the President of Chaminade is telling JM who gets playing time and who doesn't? Dude...seriously. It would be funny if it were not so absurd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Idiotic...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't this a Kellenberg thread?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thoughts on kellenberg this yr so far ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got beat up by SJB Saturday!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you say boss, are you referring to the big boss as in God?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got beat up by SJB Saturday!

Total rebuiding year. Not very good. They have a nice upcoming sophmore class for next year that should help. JV team is 8-1. But still not in the same conversation as Friars and Flyers.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard