BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,246
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Everyone knows that 91 Smash is the best 2022 team on LI, but is Igloo 2022 in that conversation? Haven't seen Igloo, but I heard they lost a bunch of GC kids.

My sons team played igloo last year and this year and they Re much better this year. With regards to diamondbacks they are an excellent team from Maryland. They beat smash last year. For those who have not played the Maryland teams and think LI rules they are wrong, Maryland lax is as strong as LI, teams are well coached, physical, good players and respectful parents. I would say that at any given grade level the top 3 Maryland teams would be in the top 5 on LI.

to bad the top 2 LI team don't care about the other 3 teams in the top 5 in any age bracket.

huh?

While not perfectly worded this is true. The top 2 teams don't really care about the other 3 teams consider to be in the top 5. A periodic loss here or there is meaningless, #1 plays up often to keep their kids challenged and #2 uses all other competition to practice in order to beat #1. I can assure you that at any age the dominant team couldn't care less about the #3,4 or 5 team. And the #2 team just cares about Being #1. Of course everyone likes to win and hates to lose but when you see a 3,4 or 5 team beat a #1 or 2 team it's usually not a changing of the guard, it's more often than not a 1 or 2 team working plays, trying something new, resting kids for a bigger game etc. when was the last time you saw the best team displaced consistently by another in youth lax.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are such a loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows that 91 Smash is the best 2022 team on LI, but is Igloo 2022 in that conversation? Haven't seen Igloo, but I heard they lost a bunch of GC kids.

My sons team played igloo last year and this year and they Re much better this year. With regards to diamondbacks they are an excellent team from Maryland. They beat smash last year. For those who have not played the Maryland teams and think LI rules they are wrong, Maryland lax is as strong as LI, teams are well coached, physical, good players and respectful parents. I would say that at any given grade level the top 3 Maryland teams would be in the top 5 on LI.

to bad the top 2 LI team don't care about the other 3 teams in the top 5 in any age bracket.

huh?

While not perfectly worded this is true. The top 2 teams don't really care about the other 3 teams consider to be in the top 5. A periodic loss here or there is meaningless, #1 plays up often to keep their kids challenged and #2 uses all other competition to practice in order to beat #1. I can assure you that at any age the dominant team couldn't care less about the #3,4 or 5 team. And the #2 team just cares about Being #1. Of course everyone likes to win and hates to lose but when you see a 3,4 or 5 team beat a #1 or 2 team it's usually not a changing of the guard, it's more often than not a 1 or 2 team working plays, trying something new, resting kids for a bigger game etc. when was the last time you saw the best team displaced consistently by another in youth lax.

Really... listen to yourself. My son is on a BOTC board "ranked #2" team. And recently lost badly to a BOTC board "ranked #1" team. Parents and coaches upset. Winning team continued on with chest thumping neanderthal activities. While my son was in the car wanting to know if we could stop at Carvel and what time was the Knicks game on. Put that into perspective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

huh?

Really... listen to yourself. My son is on a BOTC board "ranked #2" team. And recently lost badly to a BOTC board "ranked #1" team. Parents and coaches upset. Winning team continued on with chest thumping neanderthal activities. While my son was in the car wanting to know if we could stop at Carvel and what time was the Knicks game on. Put that into perspective.

Deep

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

huh?

So, you are either trolling a 10 year old blog or you are lying either way pathetic. Your son doesn't play for smash or igloo as they haven't played each other recently. That carvel story you made up is cute though

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is playing at the Shamrock from this group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
shamrock is just a little more tha a month away i wouldnt worry about whos playing i would worry about how much snow is still gonna be on the ground

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to stock up on orange and yellow colored balls. Should make it easier to play in the snow. Hopefully they don't use the Tamarac fields. They are a cow pasture to begin with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid plays on the 3V a team. He's pretty good, I'd say top 5 on his team. The problem is the coaches are dads. They are nice but not that knowledgable. It's okay for the rest of this year, but I want him out next. Any advice on local select teams? We live in stony brook and my boy is a middie. Any help would be nice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid plays on the 3V a team. He's pretty good, I'd say top 5 on his team. The problem is the coaches are dads. They are nice but not that knowledgable. It's okay for the rest of this year, but I want him out next. Any advice on local select teams? We live in stony brook and my boy is a middie. Any help would be nice.

The top teams usually don't add kids now - but they hold an open tryout in September. However, nothing wrong with reaching out now to the clubs. Tell them your situation and see if they'll evaluate him. Start with 91 and Express. Only because you should get a response from them and they have multiple teams. More closer to you is Team Long Island and little further is the Outlaws. Any of those four clubs will provide quality instruction.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things can always change, but as of now Smash is the #1 team at the 2022 year. They have a lot of players from all over that do extra training on the side! It is a very competitive team that constantly plays up for more competition! I would have to say at this year Team Igloo would be next followed by Team LI at the A bracket. The other teams at this age group are less competitive and more along the lines of the B bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ have a team at this level?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ have a team at this level?

Yup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things can always change, but as of now Smash is the #1 team at the 2022 year. They have a lot of players from all over that do extra training on the side! It is a very competitive team that constantly plays up for more competition! I would have to say at this year Team Igloo would be next followed by Team LI at the A bracket. The other teams at this age group are less competitive and more along the lines of the B bracket.

Says the Smash daddy! comical!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, real comical to say that Smash is No. 1 when they have not lost to a LI 2022 team. That's just so funny! This subject line has become absurd at this point . We all know that Smash is the best team at this age at this point. And yes, I am a Smash daddy. And guess what, I would also say that Igloo is excellent. They are No. 2 because they have yet to beat Smash, but they are very good. After that, 91 United, Team LI, and Express complete the A teams. Outlaws, HDD, etc. are the B teams. Sorry, all of this is pretty much clear at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a Smash parent .... But agree that Smash is #1 until someone beats them. Not that far behind are Team LI white and Igloo. Also A teams but a step below are Express Minuteman and 91- United... There is an incredible amount of talent at this age group. Hope all the boys continue to develop and work hard...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, real comical to say that Smash is No. 1 when they have not lost to a LI 2022 team. That's just so funny! This subject line has become absurd at this point . We all know that Smash is the best team at this age at this point. And yes, I am a Smash daddy. And guess what, I would also say that Igloo is excellent. They are No. 2 because they have yet to beat Smash, but they are very good. After that, 91 United, Team LI, and Express complete the A teams. Outlaws, HDD, etc. are the B teams. Sorry, all of this is pretty much clear at this point.

Who is "we", because it's not me! You may not have been beaten yet by a LI team, but to make such a bold statement that you are best in your age group? Like I said, comical! Try some humility and stop living through your son!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't smash get spanked in Maryland? Anyway, here is the funny thing can you image if smash loses a tournament, the parents heads will explode, kids will get punished etc. if igloo or united or express don't win a tournament but have fun and play good ball nico by cares. Have you ever seen the smash parents on sidelines, they are so nervous and anxious. They all pretend to cheer for other kids on the team and secretly they are all so insecure and nervous that they wish the worst for everyone else on their team and the best for their son. When coach yells at a kid the parent of that kid goes nuts, I have seen it, usually pulls him aside after the game and screams at him until he cries. See, the beauty of not being on that team is we can genuinely cheer for our team and genuinely enjoy ourselves and enjoy good competition. Must be fun for smash kids and parents, oh my bad it's not about fun right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't smash get spanked in Maryland? Anyway, here is the funny thing can you image if smash loses a tournament, the parents heads will explode, kids will get punished etc. if igloo or united or express don't win a tournament but have fun and play good ball nico by cares. Have you ever seen the smash parents on sidelines, they are so nervous and anxious. They all pretend to cheer for other kids on the team and secretly they are all so insecure and nervous that they wish the worst for everyone else on their team and the best for their son. When coach yells at a kid the parent of that kid goes nuts, I have seen it, usually pulls him aside after the game and screams at him until he cries. See, the beauty of not being on that team is we can genuinely cheer for our team and genuinely enjoy ourselves and enjoy good competition. Must be fun for smash kids and parents, oh my bad it's not about fun right?

This is an amazing pile of crap. Stick to your own team. If Smash was such a terrible experience for the kids, they wouldn't hang out together as much as they do off the field the turnover would probably be a lot higher than 1-2 kids every year.

And re: Maryland, yes they got 'spanked' by three goals in a tournament final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is an amazing pile of crap. Stick to your own team. If Smash was such a terrible experience for the kids, they wouldn't hang out together as much as they do off the field the turnover would probably be a lot higher than 1-2 kids every year.

Funny when a smash parent gets mad...maybe they hang out together because half the team is from the same town. We have all seen the nervous parents and the miserable kids getting screamed at by the coach and nobody envies you. Every team has 3-5 kids better than your son. Luckily your coach has been winning, b/c when he doesn't you can be sure there will be a squad the next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash Dad here. My son has been with Smash since day one and I have yet to see any of our parents scream at his or her son until he cries. Sorry to dissapoint you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny when a smash parent gets mad...maybe they hang out together because half the team is from the same town. We have all seen the nervous parents and the miserable kids getting screamed at by the coach and nobody envies you. Every team has 3-5 kids better than your son. Luckily your coach has been winning, b/c when he doesn't you can be sure there will be a squad the next year.

If every team has 3-5 kids better than my son then I expect them to win alot of tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks so much. We're new to this and are gonna try team LI. I like the concept of a town team, but these guys can't hold up against the selects.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash daddy your such a pathetic loser!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash daddy your such a pathetic loser!!!!!!

It's spelled 'you're'.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its obvious that your son didnt make the team and you are now sour! Instead of wasting time on here commenting on a team your son isnt on, why dont you have a catch with your son so he has a better chance at the next tryout! Maybe a clinic or a lesson perhaps? Most, if not all of these kids do extra training outside of practice! Parents take it on themselve to coordinate extra training and other teams to play on with fellow members on their team to get the kids better! Town and B teams may not do as much training or practices as A teams and are still developmental teams which are fine as well and a good place to start!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just happened upon this. Every team and player does extra
training outside there own. Please stop saying that about smash.
You sound foolish. Every one does it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just happened upon this. Every team and player does extra
training outside there own. Please stop saying that about smash.
You sound foolish. Every one does it.

I'm a Smash parent and I agree. Stop making us look bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town is half the team from? I've been reading these posts and am just curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the love of GOD leave 3v!!! That league s run by townies. They are all dads who put their kids and kids' friends on the teams.
Any kid that is decent leaves. My son plays for 91 and it's the best decision we ever made. Real coaches, not dads who barely played in high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the love of GOD leave 3v!!! That league s run by townies. They are all dads who put their kids and kids' friends on the teams.
Any kid that is decent leaves. My son plays for 91 and it's the best decision we ever made. Real coaches, not dads who barely played in high school.

All 3 coaches of the top 2022 Team 91 team are dads of kids on that team. Most of the 91 teams at all ages have dad coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All 3 coaches of the top 2022 Team 91 team are dads of kids on that team. Most of the 91 teams at all ages have dad coaches.

Dad's yes but highly qualified. I think there should be a distinction of dad coaches with no experience and those who you would want to be coaching your son anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When picking a team, do your homework! Don't decide on what you hear, goto your computer and do a google search on the coach! The 2022 91 A team has 3 coaches, yes dads, but all played at the highest level and are the best coaches at this age group!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess your kid plays for smash. There are other coaches who
are just as good of coaches as those. Please don't turn this into an argument.
Go check other websites and google the coaches.
This is probably the same person who brags how the
Smash kids do extra training!! The coaches of smash were
great players and coaches. But so are some of the other organizations.
Stop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess your kid plays for smash. There are other coaches who
are just as good of coaches as those. Please don't turn this into an argument.
Go check other websites and google the coaches.
This is probably the same person who brags how the
Smash kids do extra training!! The coaches of smash were
great players and coaches. But so are some of the other organizations.
Stop.

I don't think he is disputing that, I'm pretty sure that the point was that just because they are parent coaches doesn't automatically make them bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LETS GO "NO NAME " 3&4 graders playing up against 5th grade teams I love it . The way it should be TRAVEL TEAMS SHOULD ALWAYS PLAY UP WHEN TOWN TEAMS ARE INVOLVED . BUT SOME LIKE TO SAND BAG and COUNT THE W'S INSTEAD OF GETTING BETTER

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is somewhat apparet that many 'elite' travel teams cater to a certain town or cluster of towns one way or another and breaking in would be hard for an out of town/non local player even though he/she may be more skilled than a player who has already been on the squad for some time - from reading these posts it seems to be that way - is this a fact or are the teams diversified in regards to player participation and the towns they are from?? It also seems that a lot of these so called 'elite' teams are based on the north shore of Long Island.....why is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is somewhat apparet that many 'elite' travel teams cater to a certain town or cluster of towns one way or another and breaking in would be hard for an out of town/non local player even though he/she may be more skilled than a player who has already been on the squad for some time - from reading these posts it seems to be that way - is this a fact or are the teams diversified in regards to player participation and the towns they are from?? It also seems that a lot of these so called 'elite' teams are based on the north shore of Long Island.....why is that?

Thats BS we have represntation from 10 different towns from SWR all the way to Massapequa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have kids north shore and south shore from Port Jeff to the Nassau/Queens border and kids from NYC too. The good clubs will take kids with talent or potential from anywhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said JM!

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard